Fascination
[html]

WC:: 209 - OOC Your characters mate is more than welcome to join in.

Malakai had done a little exploring in his short time within the Anathema pack, having already been shown a rather dark and dangerous area by another member of the pack, Amy. She had led him into the caverns, into the dark, knowing that he carried an injury preventing quick movements, only to turn and run out, leaving Kai in unknown territory. It had led to him standing on some loose ground, causing him to aggrivate his healing wound as he moved to safety. He had yet to find that female, to settle the score, and so had kept to the more well-lit areas, telling himself he had learned his lesson and would think more carefully before being led astray, into places he wasn't familiar with, by those he didn't know.

Padding through the halls that connected the dens, Kai had decided that he would try to work out how many members had dens down in the caves, his muzzle high as he sniffed as he walked. Every now and again, he would dare to stick his nose a little closer to each den, trying to catch that female Amy's scent, but he hadn't managed to find her yet. He would. And he would make her pay for her trickery.

<style>
.malcai01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.malcai01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.malcai01 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.malcai01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2475/kaidjs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.malcai01 .inner {margin:295px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
</style>Thanks to Cait for the table, Sig by Me!
[/html]
Ayasha was taking the day to relax since her body was oddly uncomfortable. She was pretty sure that she wasn't going into labor but she still didn't feel like leaving her den. Liam was oddly not around but she expected him at anytime. Since she was planning on leaving the confines of her den for a while, he could go do whatever he wanted. She thought that he might be working on that house but she wasn't sure.

Her plan was to take it extremely easy in her den and wait for Liam to come back so they could have a good snuggle time. She really enjoyed those and Liam seemed to as well. She could feel the pups within her move slightly and she pressed her hand gently against her belly, giving a soft smile as she felt them move. They had moved before and Liam's reaction to when he first felt them move was rather funny.

But she heard someone outside her den and at first she thought it was Liam but he would have come right in. So she gave the canine's scent a sniff and could smell Anathema slightly on them. It wasn’t all that strong yet so the person was new. Ayasha was feeling slightly conversational so she headed to the entrance to see who it was.
[html]

WC:: 269 - OOC

Kai had sensed a few of the dens were occupied, and when he sniffed a female within one of them, he knew better than to go any further inside. However, as he turned to carry on, his ears pricked at movement coming from inside the den he had just sniffed at. It seems he had perhaps disturbed the inhabitant, and she was heading out to tell him off for his ignorance and shouldn't be snooping around in other people's dens quite so much. Malakai looked over towards the den enterence where he had heard movement, to see who was going to appear, hesitating. Part of him thought he should move away in case this female started shouting that he was trespassing, but part of him was curious as to the inhabitant.

His right rear leg was still bandaged from the wound he had sustained before coming to the pack. It was his reason to come but not for staying, for joining. In truth, while Kai told himself that he was an excellent hunter, and could easily survive alone, he couldn't. He could fend for himself, yes, but having a pack was about much more than sharing resources. It was about companionship, loyalty, alliances, having others around to converse with, to spar with. He had been forced to lave his own pack after slaughtering his own brother in a show of strength and cunning, to show his parents that he would be the better Alpha over his brother, Rafael. But rather than praise, he had been handed banishment, which was why he carried no last name. He had no family.

<style>
.malcai01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.malcai01 b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.malcai01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2475/kaidjs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.malcai01 .inner {margin:295px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:245px; overflow:auto;}
[/html]
Her steps were rather slow but still even. It was difficult for her to walk very fast with all the weight from carrying pups added. Plus, she wanted to be careful not to hurt them. Ayasha was also just a bit sore and sometimes had waves of nausea still. But they had subsided for the time being, which she was grateful for.

Whoever it was had decided to wait for her to come investigate. She was glad that whoever it was didn’t leave and make her make the trip to the entrance of her den for nothing. She was confident that they wouldn’t hurt her since the leaders wouldn’t let in someone that was going to hurt their packmates.

But she was a little wary at the male being black. She knew that it was silly but she could almost hear Liam warning her about him being a shadow wolf. So she mentally shook that thought away and gave him a polite smile. "Hello, there. Is there something I can do for you?" She leaned slightly against the entranceway and instinctively and subconsciously put one of her hands on her belly to protect her pups. Not that she thought that this male would try and hurt them but it was her motherly instinct that drove her to protect her unborn pups.
[html]

WC:: 451 - OOC

Unsure if he should stay and face the wrath of a potential new packmate he had awoken or disturbed, or whether he should simply trot off, Kai tensed up. But as the white muzzle was quickly followed by more of a body, his interest slowly grew. When he saw it was a female body, his interest remained, and then, his eyes lowered. Her belly was swollen, and Kai was instantly curious. Of course, he wasn't completely stupid, or niave. He knew where pups came from and indeed how he got there, but in all his adult life, he had never been around a female carrying a litter. In his own pack, only the Alpha pair had been able to breed, the result of which was Kai himself and his now-dead brother, Rafael. But here, it seemed, pack members had the choice to reproduce.

His eyes remained fixed to the bump of her abdomen for a moment, his mind utterly fixated upon it. He wondered how many pups she had in there, how big they were, how long before they emerged, but above all, he wondered how it felt. Kai was a big, aggressive, strapping brute of a male, his muscles powerful and his speed quick. But it was something he would never get to experience - what it felt like to have something living, moving within him. Part of him wasn't sure if he would want to, given the choice but it intrigued him immensely. Of course, he had never given a thought to breeding himself with a female - he was far too selfish, and certainly not the paternal type. But looking over this female and her swollen belly, he couldn't help but become curious.

He watched her hand lift to settle upon her bump, and Malakai; arrogant, uncaring Malakai found himself with a hint of a smile upon his muzzle. Not a cruel smirk or a teasing grin, but something purer. As the female asked if she could help, Kai shook his head, bowing it gently in slight submission given he was still new to the pack. "No, sorry... I was just trying to work out how many of these dens belonged to someone. I've just been given one, down the hall." His head jerked a little the way he had come from. "I didn't mean to disturb you..." His eyes drifted down over her abdomen once more, as if apologising for making her move in the condition she was in. He went silent for a moment, before taking a very slow, almost cautious step towards her, his head still bowed. "You're carrying pups?" An obvious answer was sure to follow, but Kai was too intrigued to care much.

<style>
[/html]
As she approached the male, his attention was drawn to her obviously pregnant belly. He seemed extremely curious about it and she gave him a soft smile. Yes, he was black but Ayasha didn’t believe in shadow wolves. She knew many black furred canines that were good and many nonblack furred wolves that weren’t. The main canine she thought of as evil was Maska, who had ruined her life back in AniWaya. With his reign of terror, things slid downhill until she became mates with Liam and joined Anathema. So she did definitely not share her mate's rather paranoid behavior and thoughts.

Her azure eyes took in his reaction to her placing her hand on where her pups grew and one of them kicked against the hand of its mother. Her grin grew and she rubbed her stomach to try and calm them. His grin was pure and almost innocent, like the years of his burdens melted away. She wondered if most men were like that. He said that he was just trying to see who lived in each cave and that he was down the hall. She nodded in understanding, making a mental map of where he could be.

The still unnamed male apologized for disturbing her and Ayasha shook her head gently. "You didn’t disturb me. I've been a bit stir-crazy and lonely. The only person I regularly see is my mate and although I love him dearly, I do enjoy the company of others." His next question was a bit surprising and she gave a light, gentle laugh. "Yes, I am. I'm due early June." But there was still the issue of not knowing each other's name. "I'm Ayasha. What might your name be?" Her unscarred eye lifted itself rather elegantly as she waited for his name.
[html]

WC:: 371 - OOC

Malakai was a creature that thrived on power, on strength, on brute force and above all, fear. He enjoyed chasing, hunting and killing, and he especially loved the pure terror he saw in his prey's eyes before he ended their life. His stature matched his lifestyle - powerful muscles, well defined and always ready for action and his black pelt short. Long fur was high maintenance, all that grooming and styling would only take up valuable hunting time, and though his body was adorned with a few battle scars, most noticable of which came from the stag he had brought down, on his right flank, mostly, he remained in one piece. Malakai wasn't used to losing very often, driven by competition and jealousy. He was a perfectionist and had to be the best at everything he tried.

But all of these things seemed to be thrown out of the window, when confronted with a pregnant female. The testosterone-fuelled arrogance, the violent streak in him, the love of the kill, they all disappeared as his eyes remained locked upon this female's unborn young. As she mentioned her due date, Kai nodded but didn't let his gaze fall from her swollen abdomen. Only when she asked his name after offering her own to him, did his eyes lift to catch her own, his head remaining just a little bowed. "Malakai... Or Kai. Either will do."

He slowly took another step towards her, sniffing the air before glancing to either side. She had mentioned her mate, but Kai couldn't pick up another male scent nearby so he was most likely out and about. His large head cocked to the side, curiously. "Lonely? I would have thought that your mate barely leaves your side... I mean, with you carrying his pups, I'd assume he'd be too protective to risk leaving you too often..." A hint of jealousy emerged behind his eyes now, the smile fading. That was the way of it. When a female concieved, the male would grow possessive over her, territorial, keeping a close watch over her, making sure she and his offspring were healthy and well. At least, that's what Kai had always assumed. That was how he guessed he would be.

<style>
[/html]
The male in front of her might be extremely desirable to Ayasha if she wasn’t madly in love with her mate. As it was, she knew that he was good looking but she had absolutely no interest in him beyond friendship with the large black furred male. Her own body, before being pregnant, was more built for speed and stealth. But right now, she was quickly turning into a whale.

The male introduced himself as Malakai, or he preferred to be called Kai. She nodded her acknowledgement of what he wanted to be called and her smile widened. "It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kai." She watched him with an extremely serene look on her face. She was pretty sure she was glowing since she felt like it.

He sniffed the air, likely searching for Liam. She shook her head with a light laugh. "There are times when I force him to leave so I don’t try and murder him. I love him and I know he means well but all his attention can be a bit tiring." Her tone was light and this was said with much love and a good amount of humor. "How long have you been here, Kai?" She gave her belly another rub as one of the pups kicked her especially hard. She winced gently at the kick.
[html]

WC:: 309 - OOC Points - 3

Malakai's head lowered once more, fully now, almost in a bow as she said it was a pleasure to meet him, but his eyes quickly lifted, returning to her swollen abdomen. He was aware that he was staring, but it just amazing him that there were pups inside of her, living creatures that moved and kicked. As the female mentioned her mate, and spoke of forcing him to leave every once in a while to give herself a break from his attentive nature, Kai nodded, almost in relief. If her mate was acting in any other manner besides affectionate and protective, then Kai would have told the female that her mate needed a knock to the head. But it seemed he was, and so he would let the matter lie.

When Ayasha asked how long he had been around the pack lands, Kai wobbled his head a little. "Not too long, I'm probably the newest member. Alaki found me at the border, I picked up an injury and he offered me shelter and medical aid if I required any, until I was well enough to head back out into the wilderness on my own. Except... it gets lonely out there by yourself, so when I was asked if I wanted to stay, I agreed." Kai saw the female rub her belly a little more, assuming one of her pups was a little more active than the others, and his attention once more shifted to her stomach. It seemed he was fascinated, and crept just a little closer without even realizing it, wanting to get a closer look, most likely. "Does it hurt? When they move, I mean... or when they kick?" He had seen her wince a little, wodering what it felt like. It was perhaps something too difficult to explain, but he was keen to hear her answer.

<style>
[/html]
Ayasha felt a little weird having him stare at her belly but she was mostly amused by it. She remembered that when she first found out that she was going to have pups, she would check obsessively to see if she was showing yet. And when she found that she was showing, she was extremely giddy. Luckily, her morning sickness wasn’t as bad as the beginning. But this male was strangely relieved that Liam was so attentive to her. But she just gave a mental shrug and let it slide without comment.

Kai explained that he was likely the newest member and how he was injured before he joined and that was why he joined. Her eyes picked up his moving closer and she gave him a curious look as to what he was doing but she figured that he was simply very curious. But apparently he saw her wince and asked if it hurt when they move or kick. She gave a slightly shrug. "Not really. It's mostly just a really weird feeling when they do kick." She then asked him, "Do you want to feel them move?" He looked like he wanted to and she was OK with him doing so since she asked him.
[html]

WC:: 358 - OOC points - 3

The white females shrug followed by her words only added to his curiosity about the whole thing. Barely for one second did his eyes drift far from her swollen stomach, however when Ayasha asked if he would like to feel the pups move within her abdomen, suddenly a rather scared look flashed over his features. Kai was usually so fierce, so confident, but now, he seemed more like a frightened pup himself. Offering her a slow nod, he answered. "Yeah, I would..." He smiled now, weak and hesitant but a smile none the less.

He was very aware that this female's mate wasn't around, and something deep within him told him to be careful, to not let his guard down. After all, how would it look to the male if Kai was so close to his mate, feeling his unborn pups within her belly? If roles were reversed and Kai were to find his mate letting some other touch her, let alone feel how their pups moved, he would tear the male limb from limb. It was something protective, territorial, innate he knew, and he was sure that this other male would react the same way if they were caught. Which was why, when he took another, braver step forwards, he glanced up and down the hall and sniffed at the air, trying to identify a male scent. In his Secui form as he was in now, he knew he would best any challange, but he also knew that if this male did turn up and demand for Kai to explain himself, that he would be in the wrong.

"As long as you don't mind... I'd love to..." It was clear that this was alien to him, the whole pup thing. He knew the mechanics of it, of course, but he had never really been around any pregnant females before. It was something that interested him, and scared him in equal measures, and approaching the female, he sat before her, allowing her to guide him, to get him to move if better for her. He wanted her to be relaxed and comfortable with a strange male so close.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry I'm late to the party! *shifty eyes* Also sorry for the bit of PP on both your parts. If you'd like it changed, let me know?

He had been gone most of the morning, hunting and checking on his house he was working on. He was at a stopping point on the house where he would need help from someone a little more advanced than himself. He strode through the caverns, a brace of rabbits over his shoulder. A strange scent filled his nostrils as he got closer to the den.

A male. His hackles raised as he picked up the pace, arriving at the open door of their den to see-

HELL NO.

A shadow wolf stood, a hand just inches away from his mate and their pups. A snarl left his throat as the well muscled male pushed his way in and he inserted himself between the shadow and his woman. He was in his optime as was his usual habit, his jeans holding various tools and other sundries, his black tanktop clinging to him, accentuating his muscles. "Get out of here." His voice was flat with fury, his amber eyes glittering with rage and a barely checked need to kill the intruder.

It was the faint whisper of Anathema on the shadow that made him keep his murderous rage in check. He had sworn, and he would not break his vow. He could not break his vow. But he wouldn't stand there and watch a shadow wolf touch his woman, his unborn pups. It wouldn't happen.

<style type="text/css">
.vcliamhellno b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.vcliamhellno p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vcliamhellno {margin:0 auto; width:401px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/20aqqro.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 4px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
OOC: And Ayasha is upset with Liam and going to go sulk from him inside. Feel free to continue or end the thread. Whatever you two want.

IC: Kai reply of that he would made her smile widen for some reason. He seemed hesitant and Ayasha could understand his reasons. Well, she could handle Liam if or when he showed up. She knew what she was doing and she knew that there were no such things as shadow wolves. Not that she would tell her mate that outright but she guessed that he knew that she didn’t. Kai wanted to make sure she was sure and she nodded.

Before the black furred male could come over, Liam came over and got angry. Ayasha rolled her eyes slightly as his reaction. "Liam! He wasn't going to hurt the pups or me. He's part of Anathema. And we're in the hall and he can be here if he wants." Her previously good mood vanished as she regarded her mate. She was rather irritated with him right now and felt a bit cranky at his over protectiveness towards her.

But she knew that that would do her little good. So she did turn to Kai and said, "Kai, this is my mate Liam. Liam, this is Malakai. He's new to Anathema." She then turned her attention to Kai again. "I'm afraid I need to cut our visit short. I'm feeling a bit tired. It was nice to meet you." She then gave her mate a slightly cross look and headed inside, not really caring if he followed her as long as he didn’t hurt the other male or make a fuss over her. Or she might stab him with something sharp.
[html]

WC:: 532 - OOC I'm happy if you want to continue, Liam, or want to end there, either is fine with me!

The scent of the male that approached grew stronger, quickly, and as his eyes remained focused upon the female's pregnant belly, his muscles tensed, knowing that if the scent belonged to this ones mate, then he would automatically become protective and possessive of her, just as Kai would in the same situation. But he desperately wanted to feel the curve of her stomach, to feel the movement within her, an innocent curiosity quickly turning into more of a fascination for him. However, his opportunity to do so was quickly destroyed as the male came closer, only to shove himself between Kai and the female. The black male could practically taste the waves of aggression radiating from him and with a hint of a trouble-making smirk, Kai did was he knew the female would want and pulled back, his eyes regarding the other male now. Optime, for one. Kai snorted a little - it wasn't a form Malakai used too often, finding that he moved better when he was in Lupus or Secui forms.

He glanced to Ayasha when she told the male that he wasn't going to cause them harm, but Kai found it hard to pull his gaze from the angry male, battling to hide that dark smirk from his features. Part of him, the trouble-making part, wanted this male to see how close Kai had come to the female and her pups, wanted to make a point of his interest, wanted to anger and frustrate the male, almost as a punishment for not being with her in the first place, for leaving his heavily pregnant mate alone. Ayasha had explained that she had had to force her mate to leave her alone sometimes, but in Kai's book, males had a duty of care to stay with their mates when they were due to give birth.

As the female introduced the pair, Kai didn't move his eyes from the male, watching him, still with something of mischief playing behind his eyes, but his attention did shift to Ayasha when she mentioned her tiredness. Kai offered a soft head bow to her, and his gaze turned warmer, softer as he did so. Watching her head inside her den, Kai's gaze instantly turned back to Liam, quickly turning darker, lowering over his form before rising once more as if regarding him, sizing him up almost. "Your mate certainly looks like she is ready to pop with those pups, Liam. I figured that her mate would be reluctant to leave her in such a vulnerable and delicate state." His tone was as dark as his eyes, taunting him somewhat. "I was looking forward to feeling them within her as they moved and kicked. Perhaps I'll get to another time, while you're out wandering..." There was something cocky, smug and arrogant in Malakai now that he was face to face with another male, the mate of the female he had been so physically close to moments ago. His paw had been so close to the pups in her belly, and what the female had said was true - he wasn't going to harm either her or the pups, he had simply developed an interest in them.

<style>
</style>
[/html]