I'd rather feel pain
[html]
Set in Halifaxizzle. Late afternoon/early evening.

She had run away from Esper Hollow out of fear...but now she wasn't sure if that had been such a good idea. They could have protected her, though she didn't trust that they actualy would have...and she'd have some company. She hated being alone. Every sound made her jump, fearful that her sibling was there behind her. Ember had been the one to instigate things...but only because they'd had to be resolved. Firefly didn't ever give her any respect...or treat her like a family member. She was always really rude.

And she still couldn't believe that her sister had slept with Lubomir, one of her oldest friends. Firefly had thrown that back into her face during the fight. She'd made it seem like it was a bad thing that Ember hadn't gotten Lubomir to screw her...but Ember didn't even like him that way.

The shifted Luperci sat down on the front step of one of the houses, putting her face into her hands. Her arm hurt so much, even with the brace that Laurel had put on it. He'd been so great, letting her stay in his packlands and helping her. And how had she repayed him? By running away. She was such a fool, such a coward. Firefly was right about her...she'd probably never amount to anything.

In one flash the knife was out, the tip pressed into the deep cut on her broken arm. If she was going to have a wound there anyway, why not make it just a little bit bigger? It made her feel better to see more blood welling up, dripping down her fingers and onto the cement steps and to know that it was her that had caused it, not anyone else. She bled for herself.

[/html]
[html]

Is this dated before the Nani/Conri stuff? Because I can edit my post.

The trek had actually taken two days, she had not returned to Twilight Vale the night before, but she doubted anyone noticed. Cercelee did not poke her nose in where it did not belong, but she could tell that there was some unsettling business between Naniko and her mate. While she knew no specifics she had heard the loud bangs and angry voices, had heard Conri banging on Savina’s door and then people going in and out that night. Since then, Cer had kept herself more hidden than before. Savina perhaps would have told her what was happening, if Cercelee had asked, but it wasn’t Cer’s business and aside from hoping that everyone was okay, she didn’t want to pry. Instead she felt it best if she got some space, perhaps that was what everyone needed.

Her hind leg was not healed, but she wasn’t hopping about on three legs anymore either, at least not most the time. While her pace was much slower limping on four legs, rather than hopping on three, she felt it best to exercise the muscles, and if it did begin to pain her too badly, she would curling it beneath her and hop along. It was this slow pace that caused her to arrive in Halifax two days after she set out, despite the relatively close location of the city to Twilight Vale. Of course, she had stopped often to rest and stare out at the beach, which also ate up a lot of her time, and Cer rather liked the slow paced life. Nothing to worry about. Yet upon arriving in Halifax, and getting some ways into the city, she cursed her leg and the slow pace, after she caught wind of Ember’s scent.

The younger girl, whom had spent much of her time in Twilight Vale since the fight, even if she was not with Cercelee specifically, had not been around the past few days and Cer had begun to wonder about her. Yet she had not worried. Now when the breeze came, carrying Ember’s scent, it had also carried the thick coppery scent of blood, and Cer forgot about her injury as best as she could to hobble in that direction. Once arriving on the scene the panic left, but the residue of her terror stayed and it made her sick to her stomach. She meant for her words to come out sounding shocked, angry, upset... anything to snap Ember’s attention away from what she was doing and to Cercelee, but her voice only came out sad and concerned. ”Ember? What are you doing?

[/html]
[html]
Nope, this is just fine :3 She's a little emo :X

They should match, she decided. Her wrists. She wasn't sure how to properly go about it, even...if it killed her she didn't really care. She didn't have much of a family left, now that her mother had her own pack, and now she didn't even have anywhere to go back to. Maybe if she cut herself the right way she'd fall asleep and never wake up. Ember had lost large amounts of blood in the past, and that had almost happened. At least, that's what Nani had said. That if she got too cut up she would fall asleep and never wake up.

She flipped the blade around, making a quick slash. Nearly painless. It only started to really burn when the blood came, deep red and thick, dripping down to join with the stuff from earlier. But at the same time, she felt certain that she had never felt so good in her entire life. She didn't want a whole lot of pain...just to drift off to sleep. She made a few more cuts, forming them into letters along her right arm. She was left handed, and that was the arm that was broken, so it was a little hard for her to hold it at the right angle...but she managed. There. The word "LOVE" was etched into her skin, blood oozing up from the somewhat shallower cuts.

For some reason, she'd thought that this place was secure...that no one would find her out here, much less someone she knew. But she'd thought wrong. Cercelee was the last wolf that she wanted to see. How could she explain something like this to her cousin, who had been fighting to live these last few weeks? "You shouldn't be here." She replied calmly back, turning the knife over in her hands with shaky fingers.

[/html]
[html]

”You shouldn’t be either.” Ember should be at home, whether that was Dahlia or Twilight Vale, Cer didn’t know or care. You shouldn’t be doing this. This shouldn’t be happening. Yet Cercelee couldn’t voice any of that, couldn’t really find her voice at all. For all the masks she wore and all the pretending she had done in her life, keeping emotions at bay, she was wasn’t prepared to deal with this in any way. Couldn’t hide how she felt because Cercelee wasn’t even sure what she felt. She could imagine if she saw anyone else doing this, there were few people’s lives she bothered to mix her own with, and what others did rarely concerned her. This concerned her.

Cer wouldn’t shift, unsure how her wounds would react to the transformation, but she didn’t need to. She moved quickly, so quickly even she didn’t know what she was doing before it was done. Jumping at Ember, she suddenly found the knife snatched from Ember’s hands and unsure of what to do with it Cer whip her neck and flung it, only to discover her neck was not ready to move that way. The pain of her slowly healing muscles tearing surprised her, but she bit her lip and ignored it. “We need to get those bandaged.”

And suddenly she was at a lost. How could she do anything when she was unshifted? She had nothing to wrap Ember’s wrists with anyway. Cer gave a quick glance around, the door of the building across the street was clearly kicked down, and though it seemed empty there were dusty curtains hanging in the window. Darting quickly in and out, she came back with the cloth waving in her mouth, which she promptly dropped on the ground and begun to shred, holding it with her forepaws against the earth and tearing it with her teeth, much like a domestic dog shredding it’s owner’s favorite tee shirt, adding further strain to her injured neck. Bringing the shredded cloth over to the younger girl, Cer awkwardly tried to wrap it on the girl’s wrist, looking up to Ember to see if the girl would perhaps amuse Cer and help out, as lacking dexterous hands made the task a hundred times more difficult. But if she had to shift to finish the job, she’d chance it. Looking back down at the cloth, the blood and the girl’s arms, Cercelee couldn’t look at her while she tried to work. “Why Ember?”

[/html]
[html]

"I can't go home" It came out worse than she had intended, as more of a whine than a whisper, as the knife was pulled out of her hands. She couldn't take it away...she still needed it. "I wanted to go to sleep...I thought maybe I could sleep forever."

She had felt like such a baby for being afraid of Firefly in the first place, but when she'd tried to do something about it, to fix the way her sister was acting like she should have been able to, she'd been chased out of her own packlands. Ember had been the more highly ranked wolf; Firefly should have listened to her. Or at least adknowledged it, when Ember had tried to get her to submit. But she couldn't wrap her brain around it, why her sibling wouldn't. She refused to...so she'd tried to show her that she was the boss.

"I thought this would make it better. I felt better. But now I just feel...tired. I'm so sorry, Cercelee. I didn't mean for you to come...I thought you were still home." She didn't want to cause her cousin any more pain, and didn't want her to have to shift. She tightened the bandages herself with one arm, crying out at the pain that shot through her broken arm. Regardless of her or Cercelee's injuries, she threw herself forward, wrapping her arms around the older wolf's back. She didn't want to touch her neck if she didn't have to. "I was so scared of her...she chased me" Her voice came out high-pitched and squeaky, between sobs as she buried her face into the warm, comforting fur. "I just want to sleep. I just want to sleep.."

[/html]
[html]

Ember’s words seemed all jumbled to Cer, she couldn’t make sense out of them. At least not very much. “No Ember. You have to stay awake. For me? Please?” Cer knew enough that if Ember fell asleep it might be hard to wake her up again, if not impossible. Cercelee was no healer, and she didn’t know how much blood loss it would take to kill someone of Ember’s size, but the blood running down Ember and dripping on the ground seemed like a lot. At least Ember was lucid enough to realize that Cer couldn’t shift and she had bandaged herself. It was a relief. Not that Cer wouldn’t have to shift, but that Ember didn’t seem inclined to fight her. Resist her help, maybe, resent her taking the knife, sure, but Ember wasn’t going to make this impossible for her cousin, and Cer was grateful for that.

“Why can’t you go home?” Cer’s first thought was something Inferni did. Or if not Inferni, Haku. Yet surely she would have heard something of that manner, be it Inferni or the Dahlia Lillium. Those would both be too big for news not to spread, though Haku could have done something in private. Yet Ember said she. She chased Ember, Ember was scared of her. The brace Ember wore must have been caused by whoever the female was, but Cer didn’t understand much more than that. “Who is she? What happened Ember?” Whatever it was, it upset Cer. Anything, anyone did, to hurt Ember this badly, was enough to make Cer angry. And she did not anger easily, not with many people. It was unacceptable and Cer wanted to know who she had to go and knock around.

[/html]
[html]

"I don't want to stay awake. My arm hurts. But...okay." She sat back, rubbing her eyes. It was actually the best thing that Cercelee was the one who had come. She was one of the few wolves who Ember would listen to. The only reason that she had been staying in Dahlia de Mai was because she knew that Cercelee would come back there eventually from Twilight Vale. And when she'd been in Twilight Vale Ember had shadowed her, getting extra medical supplies and water and bringing them into the house.

"My sister and I don't get along." She sat down on the bottom step. "I always tried avoiding her, but I was tired of being afraid of her all the time...we got into a fight."

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee leaned in against Ember, happy that the girl agreed to stay awake. She still couldn’t understand any of this, or why any of this would cause enough stress for Ember that it would be worth it to cause such pain to herself, but Cercelee didn’t have to understand. She just had to be there for Ember, and she was doing her best at the moment. “Did she do that to your arm?” The cast. Was that why Ember’s arm was broken? “Who is your sister?” Cercelee felt stupid asking, from Ember’s words both of them resides in her pack, otherwise, why wouldn’t she want to go home? Unless she was referring to Naniko, but Naniko would never hurt Ember. No, it was someone in Dahlia and Cer was failing at her job, unaware of other’s connections in her pack. It was upsetting, perhaps if she had known, she could have kept Ember from this. If only.

[/html]
[html]
KHADENNNN TIME

"You don't know her? I thought..." She wasn't sure if Cercelee had even met Firefly before. For some reason, her sibling had wanted her out of the pack from the beginning, from the first time they had been reunited. It was really odd, now that she thought about it. It was true that she had been "intruding" into her sibling's pack, but she shouldn't have shown that much animosity toward Ember, really. It didn't make sense. Why had she told Ember to get out of the pack?

"Firefly. Firefly Sadira" She said.

[/html]
[html]

I’m going to reply one more time before Khaden does because... I said. Bwhahaaha

Firefly. Suddenly a lot of things came rushing back to her. Firefly lied to them, her and Haku. Cercelee didn’t care that they were related, but she was upset. If Firefly had been holding back who she really was, there must be a reason for it. She was hiding something. She had hurt Ember, and no matter how long it was before Cer saw the girl again, the anger Cer had for the wretched creature wasn’t going to die down. But she showed none of it. That wasn’t an issue until later, until she returned home. Right now she needed to be here for Ember. Cercelee was a lot more collected now, her normal cool self, and she stayed next to Ember, leaning on her shoulder. “Okay. Thank you for telling me. Now let’s just stay awake for now.”

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Khaden to the rescue. The whole scent thing might not be too realistic, but I. Don't. Care. XD wc: 527

Khaden was finished. He delicately picked up the gorgeous crystals and stones that hung luxuriously from the delicate chain up to the window. Chain held gingerly from his hands, the light streaming from the crack between the window's casing and the window itself danced prettily through the dangling crystals and he looked down upon it intently, expectantly, but once he took a great look, he realized it was perfect. They were highly polished, and seemed clear throughout except that they seemed to sparkle, refracting the evening's gray light. It had been rather rainy and tumultuous weather lately, but even still, with all that nasty rain and thunder and lightening, the crystals seemed to capture all the light in the world and encase it in something brilliant.

He knew it, now was the time. He stood from the worn down table, wooden chair scraping against the hardwood floors as he lifted it high up in the air and chuckled, backing pass the floor littered with other crystals chipped and broken, tales of the trials and tribulations put into such a masterpiece. He brought it down and hooked it around his neck, the silver loop big enough for the little piece of metal to be inserted in and then fastened behind his neck fashionably. He glanced behind him quickly at the closed door before shifting to his secui form, his halfling form, so he could run faster and harder. He had to see her, it seemed like ages since he last did, and yet, it still felt like yesterday that they were sharing a rabbit in the room across.

So off he went, skittering down the banister of the Manor and out the door, he made the distance quick between the house and Rabbit Lake, across the Shiloh Hills. He cut through the Shattered Coast easily enough, making sure to avoid the borders of the newest rumored pack that settled there and began his trek north before slowing. He felt something, smelt something. It was tangible enough, leaking and oozing out of ever pore and orifice in the terrain. Coming to a complete stop, his halfling body glanced this way and that, his nose up in the air and down at the ground, his huge body taking in the breeze that filtered his way from the south and without warning he was off again, picking out a path down to the city of Halifax.

He tracked it down as if that particular scent was the scent of his prey, and he was the predator. He needed to get to that one scent, and he knew it, the gut instinct inside of him forced him so. And it wasn't until darkness had seeped across the lands that he finally pinpointed the exact house that he needed to be. Sprinting he finally saw it, the scene that he was destined to be to and it barely registered in his mind what was going on. Cercelee was there. Ember was there. Ember was bleeding. Her body damaged, he walked up to the both of them, his eyes cold and collective as he inclined to Cercelee. "How can I help?"
[/html]
[html]

She couldn't believe that he was here. Not him. "No...no no no.." He couldn't see it. She held her good hand over her arm, pulling back from Cercelee has he came nearer. Ember was even more tired now because of the crying, but she fought off the drowsy feeling that it gave her. She was going to stay awake. She had to. Khaden's arrival made her senses feel a little sharper, and she looked at him, then at Cercelee. What would she tell him?

"I fell down" She blurted. He couldn't know how weak she was physically. Or emotionally. But as soon as the words came out the tears started again and she doubled over. She was so pathetic. She hadn't even been able to kill herself right.

[/html]
[html]

Khaden had appeared so suddenly, and Cercelee stared at him for a long moment as he approached. She had not been expecting him, nor anyone for that matter, but a rush of relief flooded her. Kahden could shift, he could carry Ember out of here if she could not walk herself. Khaden could help to make sense of all this perhaps, because Cercelee felt completely confused, upset and depressed at the whole situation. She was lost and having Khaden appear lifted that feeling. However Ember didn’t seem to share her relief, and she pulled back from the two of them, trying to hide her wounds.

“It’s okay Ember...” Cer spoke soothingly, though she doubted it would do much. The situation was not okay, but Khaden’s appearance was. Cer could only hope that her telling Khaden the truth would be okay too, though she doubted he had believed Ember’s version, for as soon as it left her lips she began to sob. “Khaden... she hurt herself and it’s pretty bad. We wrapped it, but I can’t shift and she’s hurt so we didn’t do a good job. She needs clean bandages and she needs to be away from here.” Sitting in the abandoned city wasn’t helping, it was so dark and dreary and the place Ember had come to be alone and kill herself. Not the kind of place where Ember would get over this at all. Cer turned back to her friend, nuzzling her best as she could with the height difference of a shifted Ember and a non shifted Cer. Soon Ember would be okay, hopefully.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Two damaged femmes from Dahlia de Mai seemed to haunt his vision, and he really didn't know what to do. His mind seemed to stop thinking, stop contemplating the true situation that abruptly was forced onto him. His emotions seemed to be balled up, confused to the point that it just stopped, and instead of thinking of what to do next, his system seemed to revert to just reacting to what the moment gave to him at the present - and what that seemed to be was Ember and Cercelee afore him. Ember's words seemed muffled, and seemed to dawn on deaf ears as he turned to Cercelee, and those words too, seemed to be buffered by the intensity of the moment. He just nodded when the female leader instructed on the next movements.

In seconds he was shifted, long lean legs able to track closer to the two as he watched Ember closely. He placed an elongated paw lifted to touch the girl on the side of the face as he closed in on her. "It's okay Ember." His words were wrought with meaning, as he took his next arm and hoisted the girl away from Cercelee and closer to him. He had to get her out of here, but more importantly, she had to know why he was here. "I'm here for you." His eyes lifted back to Cercelee before moving back to Ember, knowing exactly where he wanted all of them to go. Twilight Vale was the most comfortable to all of them, and he knew Naniko wouldn't mind. And even if she did, he'd deal with that. It was the safest, and Khaden would stay by Ember's side night and day until she got better.
[/html]