one mile to every inch
[html]

wooooo. <3

Word Count → 362

Alyssum had camped in the woods the night before, deciding that it’ll be best to approach the borders during the day than late at night. While she tended her small fire, her dark bird pecking at his meal of cooked deer, she felt an overwhelming sense of nostalgia as she glanced around the trees. More than a year ago, she had roamed the Dampwoods frequently, exploring, hunting, meeting strangers within their depths. She had visited it a couple of months ago, but only for a day, and now that she spending a night under its boughs, it was all coming back to her.

“Aly is fine?” a croak had asked, and she glanced at Macbeth, who now regarded her with beady eyes that spoke of refined thoughts. “Yeah, Mac, I’m fine. It’s just that I used to live around here before… One of my old homes.” She could even smell Inferni now, being not so far from their borders, though she did not dare venture too close. She was not here for them—though she had planned to return when she was naïve and young, she sought purpose somewhere else. Yet, the place still stuck at her heart. “Move on. New nest tomorrow, no time for old nest memories,” the bird reminded her, and returned to his dinner.

They woke the morning after, and kicking at the ashes to scatter them, since a forest fire was probably not the best thing to happen, the de Fonte woman strode upon her mare, while Macbeth took it upon himself to fly ahead in case any dangers were to lie ahead. But, he did not return to her until they were close to the borders, and took his spot upon the horse’s croup. Alyssum led Antebellum a few more steps until they were roughly about seven yards from the marked land. She sat there for a moment of silence, musing over what she was going to do; she was not reconsidering, but merely predicting what was to come out of this. She did not think long, though, before she tipped her head and howled, lasting for about four seconds before it came to an end.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC:

WC:300+

Once again Jazper tugged on the long rope, which had been attached to his stallion’s neck. The horse lingered behind and needed the odd reminder that this walk had a purpose other than nibbling on the long grass. He had only been home for a few days and yet things were constantly on the move. His son’s girlfriend Neela had been threatened by her own family and so Jazper had doubled the patrols and ordered her to take care of her wounds and not to worry. But it was not only this event that was on the leader’s mind, Wayne and Dixie were gone on a vacation and so the horses exercise was left up to the other members and himself, relations with the Artisans was moving along very well, and Crimson Dreams had disbanded. So many thoughts occupied his mind that he found it hard to concentrate on any one thing as he moved along.

It was only the howl of a female on his boarders that caused the thoughts to wander away for a moment. Moving towards the call he gave another pull on the rope only to find it tighten straight, Vito unwilling to move. Jazper pulled harder frustrated and rightly believing that this was Vito’s way of kidding around. Fine! He grumbled, releasing the rope and marching off towards the source of the call. As the female came into sight the leader noting her coyote heritage and sniffed the air, unable to find Inferni’s scent. Just as he was about to speak the large painted stallion charged through the trees and began to prance around the Sole.

His once greeting smile turned to a frown as he grabbed hold of the rope around the horses neck and in a horse Scottish accent called, Vito, stop horsin’ around. At the sound of his master’s displeasure the horse clicked happily, finally coming to rest only to nudge the coyote mix women before him happily waiting attention. With a sigh the Knight finally spoke, You’ve reached Casa di Cavalieri. I’m the Alpha Male, Jazper Rhiannon-Knight. Pausing to point to Vito he added, And this clown is Vito. Though I wouldn’t get attached, if he keeps up this behavior he’ll soon become my supper. He wasn’t serious of course but the large stallion gave a snort in his direction regardless.

<style type="text/css">
.javicai b {font-weight:bold; color:#abc7ac; text-shadow:#162e17 1px 1px 2px;}
.javicai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.javicai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#697f6a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wdv21.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #536654; padding:0px 0px 227px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a3b3a4; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.javicai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.javicai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.javicai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 544

Alyssum stood at the borders, waiting patiently. She knew that it would take some time for someone—whether a leader or one of their members that were patrolling the borders—to answer her call or to catch scent of her and investigate. While she waited, her mind again went back to Inferni despite Macbeth’s advice, of her acceptance into the clan. She recalled how nervous she was, how she was not quite sure what to say when they asked expectantly of what she could do for them. The woman could not help but smile at the old memories, finding her young self so much different than what she was at that moment.

Her thoughts were disturbed by Antebellum, whom suddenly became alert, as if something was catching her attention. She looked and saw a tall, darkly-color male approaching her, and smiled even further, since she did not think that her call would have been answered this fast. But, the mare under her still seemed to be tense, waiting for something to happen, which left Alyssum a bit confused. And then it became obvious; a horse with a rope tied around its neck suddenly shot into sight and began to prance around the man.

For a scary moment, she thought that the stallion was trying to stampede him, and quickly half-slid, half- jumped off of her own horse’s back, ready to sprint across the borders to aid the man. But, this was not the case, as the man took a hold of the rope and had a stern face instead of one full of terror, and the hybrid made herself relax, taking a breath through her nose in relief. Now, she could not help but smile a bit at his complications, though her humor was not in spite of him. When the horse, whose name seemed to be Vito, left his owner and came to her, she readily stroked his muzzle and forehead; Antebellum took no note for this, since she started to munch on the grass when no threat was intimate. When the male began to speak, she turned her sea foam gaze to him, though she continued to pet the stallion.

Again, the tawny woman had to smile impishly at his last comment, even further amused when Vito replied in his own words, so to speak. “That’d be a shame, to make a fine horse like this into a meal,” she said, slightly mocking a sad tone as she patted the horse’s head. “Well, in any case, my name’s Alyssum de Fonte, Jazper. I’ve heard things about Casa di Cavalieri, good things at that.” She took a pause in her words, and continued afterwards, “I was wondering if you guys need any help around your pack. I’d be happy to lend a hand… It looks like you do, anyway.” Alyssum glanced at Vito to point out what she meant, but gave another joking smile to show that she did not mean it to poke fun in a bad way. The hybrid was slightly beating around the bush, her pride too big to outright ask the Sole to join his pack; she wanted to prove with words that she did not just seek to live within his borders, but to also help to provide for it.

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

As he got closer and the female slid from her horse the size difference became overly noticeable. The younger women ended halfway up the warrior’s torso, his massive frame dwarfing her on foot. He watched with a crooked smile and rolled his eyes as she patted the black and white paint, defending him from his fantasized fate. I suppose he does straighten up when he needs to…. after he’s done complainin’ about the work. Although Vito was quite large and broad the stallion was resistant to any sort of working, much preferring to laze around the fields of Casa munching on the grass and showing off to the female horses and any spectators who would watch him.

As she introduced herself the warrior extended a large hand in greeting, Well it’s nice to met you Alyssum. I’d love to hear about what you know of us. He chuckled in a medium baritone voice, All good things I hope. He listened on, captivated by her bright green eyes, he had never seen such a shade before. His large ears perked up as she offered to help around the pack, perhaps she was looking to join? Picking up on her teasing Jazper replied, Well if you have any skills in healing I could use some herbs for a pain in my butt. Yellow eyes narrowed as he looked at the horse who know left Aly’s side to prance over to the friendly giant who reluctantly took his big head in both hand, supporting the head with one head and stroking it with another.

Turning his attention back to the female he looked her over quickly. She held a similar frame to a wolf but had thin, long limbs with a thinner face of a coyote. Although probably not considered tiny to a normal sized wolf the women looked very fragile to him. What skills do you have that my family and friends could benefit from? Casa is a home for all those who seek one but you will be required to protect your brothers and sisters and help those in need. You will also be expected to assist around the pack lands with whatever hobbies or skills you have. Even I am willing to do patrols and exercise a horse. With his last comment he winked at the fae. Although he was a leader now his personality had not changed, Jazper would forever be a friendly giant always willing to lend a hand.

<style type="text/css">
.javicai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#697f6a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wdv21.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #536654; padding:0px 0px 227px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a3b3a4; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 530

Though she never taken height into account when meeting people—she never judged people by how tall they were, or at least never felt threatened or affected in any way—but Jazper’s condition changed her mind. He was probably the tallest wolf she had ever met, but she just swallowed that fact, and held her chin high, as if she was not as short as she was. “Well, like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink it,” she said cleverly, giving Vito one last pat on his head before crossing her arms in a relaxed position. She unconsciously sized him up, and saw that he was trained, his build well made, but on a side thought, was curious about his eye tattoo. It was rather peculiar (After seeing so many things in Freetown, this was saying something.), but interesting nonetheless, and found herself pondering more over trivial things like his marking than on the “important” things, like things that would be considered if battle was to come; she liked to study her allies and enemies alike, to know their strengths and weaknesses.

She saw that he caught onto her, but she did not let it show that she knew that he knew. “Well, it depends on your pain. I got things for wounds and aches. As for horse troubles… I’m fresh out of that.” In seriousness, she did have a pack of supplies that were rarely used that could aid an injured canine, but because of her own lack of injury, found that they have been left untouched for a while, besides for the plants that were cared for daily. She was no witch doctor, but she did recall a few words that a wolf of a former pack told her about, and after expanding her skills a bit in Montana, knew at least how to heal the most basic of things with confidence.

Unlike that time months ago at Inferni, she was able to answer the question about her own abilities with clarity. “Not to be bragging here, but I’d like to say that I’m pretty good at a couple of things. I’m able to hunt, with weapons, traps, or my own hands, and I could provide meals for those who can’t catch their own. As for protecting the pack, well, I believe I’m capable of that. I’m a good shot with my bow.” She glanced back at the palomino mare, where her finely crafted item sat, and smirked faintly at the thought of showing her skills with it; she doubt that Jazper was a man of such things, and wondered if the tall wolf would find that impressive. “For the more trivial things, I can sew, read, write, and I’m willing to teach others anything I can.”

Alyssum blinked at his wink, but again, she grinned, finding that Jazper was easy to talk to. "Patrolling and horses are not too hard--at least, not for me. Of course, I got Antebellum and Macbeth to help me out with that." At the sound of their names, the horse and the bird perked up in attention. "Being able to speak their language helps a little, I guess, it makes things easier." She shrugged at this, finding the fact that she was able to communicate to her companions more trivial than sewing, but she went back to the point. “Again, I don’t mind helping out Casa a little, that is, if you’ll have me.” That was probably the closest she’ll come to “ask” the Sole to join them, but at least she was being more direct on as to way she called him here.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Punishments so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Melissa or Katie and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!

[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Jazper naturally had fallen into very welcoming body language, certainly not that of a powerful leader, though he rarely felt the need to display dominance within his own territory. Instead he allowed himself to relax, tail wagging slowly behind him and ears resting forward in Aly’s direction. He chuckled lightly as she continued their own going joke, Too bad. Guess I’ll have to live with him. By now Vito had lost interest in his master’s pats and began to wander, munching happily on the grass, leaving the two canines to their won devices.

As the brown hued coymix spoke about herself he quickly noticed that she certainly was not afraid of showing her abilities off, and boy was the list extensive. He was shocked that the little lady in front of him was capable of using weapons and traps but he was not one to minimalize her skill based on size, Sebastian certainly knew how to use his size and agility to his advantage and the use of a bow was certainly to the benefit of one so small. Many of our members use weapons, I recommend you spar with them to help with your technique and strategy. Although he knew many experienced fighters one fall was their lack of ability to adjust their strategy to different sizes and body types, it was only with a lot of practice and sparing with someone of a different size that you were able to feel confident.

As soon as the words were out of her mouth his golden eyes widened slightly, Woah, there. Hold on a second. He urged her, waving a his hands in the air to signal the end of conversation, You can actually talk to animals? He had herd of the ability called low speech but had never actually met anyone capable of it. The Knight stood, utterly impressed and dumbfounded. Well I’m positive we could use someone with your talents. We have many horses and some chickens. Our two animal herders and trainers, Wayne and Dixie, are currently out on a vacation collecting us some more livestock so feel free to acquaint yourself with the horses as much as you wish. From his words it was clear that she had been accepted on the spot for her abilities. Stepping to the side he motioned into the territory with a smile, I’ll show you to the Fort.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]