hold on just a little while longer
[html]
Anyone and everyone is welcome. I hope this to be a pack thread with everyone relaxing and having fun! ((Tal's song is Carrikfergus.))

He had set up a camp fire and tables further back, calling on memories of the gathering where he had danced with his woman while her former suitor had watched with envy. On the tables he had set little snacks, some jerky, some wines, some fruits. A haunch of deer roasted over the fire, filling the center of Thornbury with the delicious smells. The scent of cheese mixed in with the sweeter scents of different meats. He surveyed the table critically, then reached into the last bag and laid out his hand made pemmican with shredded venison and different berries.

For a moment, he hesitated. What if no one wanted to come? He lifted his head back after a moment, the wavering alto of his son's voice joining his. After a moment, a rustling followed by a laugh came to him. Myrddin's brown tipped ears shot up, and he dashed forward to jump up, affectionately greeting Auntie Rosie. The woman's eyes surveyed the set up, then tipped him a sage wink. "Looks good. If Myrddin here gets sleepy, I'll take him back with me." Tal grinned crookedly at her. "Thanks, auntie Rosie."

She waved her hand dismissively as she knelt to shower the young boy with affection. Tal found himself wandering, waiting to see who would arrive. A tune came to him -a song his mother had sang sometimes- and he let it wind through him. It started slow and soft, his voice somewhat melancholy when he began to sing along. "I wish I was in Carrickfergus, only for nights in Ballygrand. I would swim over the deepest ocean, the deepest ocean for my love to find. But the sea is wide, and I can not swin o'er. And neither have I wings to fly... If I could find me a handsome boater to ferry me over to my love, and die." He sang the song through, even when Auntie Rosie's voice sang the harmony with him. Perhaps others joined in, he didn't quite notice. The song seemed fitting for him somehow, just as other songs that his mother had sang had fit once.

"

<style type="text/css">
.Tdandi b {font-weight:bold; color:#15152f;}
.Tdandi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Tdandi {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nYnRK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 339

The sweet smell of cooked meat and succulent scent of berries and cheese wafted through Thornbury and tickled Hotaru's senses. Saliva pooled in her mouth as she gently sniffed the wind. She could practically taste the feast and her more wild instincts were kicking in. They tried to drive her towards the center of town, but she sat in a disciplined manner and focused on carving a perfectly round ball. The delicious smells were messing with her creative mind and a ball was about as much as the grey wolf could handle. Her hands moved with practiced strokes as she sat on top of her carving boulder.

At long last, the call that Hotaru had hoped to hear sounded through the village. The beautiful voice of Taliesin and his son's wavering tenor invited the whole pack to share in their bounty. The grey female stood, not needing any further invitation. She deposited her tools into her house and bid farewell to Fawkes and the two chicks. Hotaru had been hunting for them, so she quite liked the idea of being able to eat without actually doing all the work. Hotaru grabbed her staff and made her way gracefully towards the center of town.

The blind female arrived just as Taliesin's voice rose in song. The haunting melody drifted through her imagination and bright visuals filled her inner mind. She pictured oceans and birds and a great ship upon which stood a male who longed for his mate. Auntie Rosie sang in harmony with the male to make a tear-raising duet. Hotaru stood and listened quietly, both hands rested gently on the handle of her staff and red ears faced forward to listen carefully. The blind female closed her eyes, mostly out of habit, and an intense look shrouded her face. Even if she didn't look like it, Hotaru actually really enjoyed listening to the song.

When the last note died, Hotaru opened her unseeing eyes and approached her fellow pack members. "An excellent display of skill Taliesin, Auntie Rosie."

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

As he let the song trail off, he realized that Rosie had been singing along. He gave her a small smile, seeing the wistful look on her face. Not for the first time he wondered about her story, the past she didn't speak of. Hotaru spoke, and the pale scholar turned, startled. A grin crossed his lips as he answered. "Thank you. Its a song my other taught me. Well, that is, she sang it sometimes, not so much she actively taught me, but you hear something enough, and you learn it, you know? I got plenty more where that came from, if you ever want to hear some older songs. Most are Irish or Welsh in origin, since that's where mother's father came from. I'm named after him, and he was named after a legendary bard of Welsh mythos."

He saw her nose twitch, and realized the smells had probably drawn her to them as much as his inviting howl. His tail wagged as he stepped forward. "If you can tell me what smells the best, i could prepare a plate for you. Or I could make one with samplings of everything for you." His voice held a note of laughter. "It's a bit early to tell, but I may have gone overboard preparing this."

Myrddin bounded over, nudging at Hotaru's legs gently, careful not to knock her over. "Poppa wanted to have everyone here, like it was a long time ago. He said the musicians played pretty music, and there was dancing, and everyone had fun."

<style type="text/css">
.Tdandi b {font-weight:bold; color:#15152f;}
.Tdandi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Tdandi {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nYnRK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
The shy pup had poked her head out as singing rang through the air. Not a song she knew, but that didn't stop her from tumbling towards the sound. Her tail wagged behind her, guiding the female through quietly. She was becoming quite the shadow, moving with silence and clinging to the places where it was hard to see her. Shyly she poked her head out, watching. Taliesin, singing happily with Myrddin right close by. Someone she hadn't met as well, older. Taru arrived as well, and she knew the song as well!

Boosted by the presence of her closest friend Dalgina slipped out to stand by the blind wolf. Shyly she smiled over at Myrddin, tail wagging a little before singing along. Her voice was a beautiful melodic sound, and even if she didn't know the words Dalgina had listened long enough to hear the melody and be able to hum along, even singing snatches of the words when they came to the chorus. When it came to the end Dalgina barked her agreement, the dog blood in her showing. Dalgina backed away at Myrddin's approach, letting the creamy pup bound at Taru. Sounds fun.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 378

Hotaru found herself growing closer and closer to the poet. Ever since she had helped him with the shattered skulls, their relationship had developed from simple pack mates to friends. He had helped her so much on their trading expedition and she had grown fond of his son. Hotaru was glad that she could become friends with another pack mate and she felt completely integrated into Cercatori d'Arte. The blind female had felt like an outsider in the pack for the longest time, so the change in her views was refreshing.

Dalgina's scent wafted through the village and soon her voice joined in with the older wolves. She was close to Hotaru and the older female enjoyed having the young wolf by her side. She had a soft spot for puppies and Dalgina had really grown attached to her. Her young voice had matured enough to allow her to sing beautifully and really add to the performance. When it was over, she let out her classic bark

Taliesin's explanation of his song was intriguing and Hotaru listened closely to the description. The conversation quickly turned to the origin of the bard's own name. Hotaru nodded, her ears faced forward and a tiny smile shone on her face. "You were named appropriately then. I would be honored if you sang to me again." The blind female liked music. It had a certain effect on her and she didn't even mind if the words were in another language. The tone and feeling of music allowed her to picture beautiful images and relive the bright world that she once belonged to.

A soft thump against the ground alerted the grey female to Taliesin's approach and his light voice offered her some assistance. Hotaru chuckled at his joking tone, and she was about to decline his offer when Myrddin rubbed against her. The grey wolf bent down to pat Myrddin on the head and she listened to his words. Dalgina was quick to agree with him. "Well, even if no one else shows up we can still enjoy ourselves and dance to our hearts content." Her focus turned back to Taliesin as she stood. "A plate of anything would be wonderful. In return, I'm sure I can keep these little one's entertained."

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

| +228

All through the shop, everything was clean and put in it's place except on one wall where the black wolf was busy working on a project that had been taking him a while to build. There were a number of chunks of wood placed in a pile in the corner, some looking similar in shape and size. In between other projects and family life, he worked on the special project that also helped him teach himself and perfect the skill of wood carving.

Temo was so engrossed in what he was doing that the outside world had disappeared from his senses. He was barely aware of the walls around him as he carefully made wood shavings with his chisels as he shaped the current pieces of wood that was under his scrutiny.

The party was already in progress and the song almost over before the muffled noises had sunk into his consciousness deep enough for him to notice that something was happening outside. Temo went to the window and looked out to see several, including his daughter, gathered in the square and finishing up the song. Seeing that there was a gathering starting to happen, he went back to the project and began cleaning up the wood chips and putting the tools away before leaving his shop and joining the others, Hello he greeted everyone that had already arrived.

Temo Wolfe

<style>
.papa .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.papa-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family: papyrus, sans-serif; color:#151515; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.papa p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.papa b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.papa {background-color:#084F59; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... fcf3-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.papa-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.papa .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Dalgina turned her head, looking over. Papa! She immediately raced to his side, happy to see him. Her tail wagged rapidly, bouncing around him. Sadly she was still trapped on four legs, but that didn't seem likely to slow her down much luckily. He had a nice woody scent to him, fresh and clear. Less damp than the woods, a more dry scent than the living trees. She sniffed along him, taking in the shavings. Finding a particularly large piece Dalgina pulled it off, dropping it onto the ground.

Tail thumping she looked up. We're having a party, with music and food and dancing! Not that Dalgina had ever danced before. Or even had a clue how she was supposed to achieve that. Still, with her papa there Dalgina felt even more confident. Realizing Taru and Papa might not know each other she raced back to her friend's side. Taru, Taru! This is Papa. He makes stuff. Her tail wagged behind her, turning back to Papa. Papa, Taru makes stuff. She sat down, feeling rather pleased about the introduction.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

The blind female was briefly aware of yet another addition to the party. Temo, Dalgina's father and an acquaintance of Hotaru had wandered towards the party. He scent was heavy with the smell of wood, a pleasant fragrance in the woodcarver's mind. However, the male didn't stay for long. Hotaru's only recognition of his presence was the movement of her ears, which returned to position when he retreated. Curiosity bubbled in the back of her mind as she wondered why he had left so quickly. The male had been friendly the last time they had met.

To Hotaru's surprise, and the delight of the puppy, Temo returned to the party a few minutes later and greeted the party-goers. The pounding of paws traveled away from Hotaru who couldn't help but feel a little jealous of the father. He was Dalgina's parent, not Hotaru. How the female longed for such a deep connection with another. It was dream she never even dared to believe would come true. Fortunately, Dalgina returned to the blind female's side shortly after her departure and quickly introduced her father. A warm smile shone on the females face as she turned her face towards Temo, or at least his relative direction. "It's a pleasure to see you again."

The Tessitore di Sogno's interest peaked as Dalgina mentioned that her father made stuff. Did the puppy mean wooden items like the one's Hotaru crafted? The normally stoic female allowed the question to dance across her face for a moment before she said the question aloud. "What kind of "stuff" do you make?"

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

| +226

A smile could not do anything but break out on his muzzle when his daughter saw him and came bounding over to meet him. Dalgina was always so full of energy and life, sometimes he wondered how she could have been a product of his loins. His hand patted her head as she picked at the missed bits of wood shavings stuck in his fur.

Temo chuckled quietly as he watched the youthful antics of his daughter as she told him what was going on and the introduction and description of what he did in his shop. It did sound like that there was a party getting started. He replied to his daughter as she loped away from him to her friend that was already at the party.

It was the introduction to Hotaru performed by Dalgina that saddened him a little but he did not let it show by keeping his smile on his muzzle. It was not seeing Hotaru again, but it was how his family seemed to make friends so easily where he seemed unable to do so. It is good to see you again, too, Hotaru, he answered the visually impaired lady before him. Right now, the stuff I make is lots of shavings as I try and build a spring pole lathe in between some minor repairs to the house and shop.

Temo Wolfe

<style>
.papa .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.papa-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family: papyrus, sans-serif; color:#151515; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.papa p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.papa b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.papa {background-color:#084F59; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... fcf3-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.papa-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.papa .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]