Trained for This
[html]

out of character stuffs

It looked like he'd grasped the idea quite well by how Augustus responded. Chuffing softly to himself he grinned, pleased that he'd managed to grip the idea. If he was going to be a defender for his pack, Tharin was determined that he'd make a good one. He could fight, he would fight, and if it was as simple as treating a wolf like prey, Tharin knew that he would be much better at it than he'd thought it be. He was a very good hunter after all.

The realization that he'd have to protect himself and evaluate his own weaknesses came as a surprise. Tharin should have seen it coming, but he'd forgotten that they would be attacking him in return. Looking at himself the best he could Tharin tried to figure out his weaknesses. Inexperience, not as fast as someone smaller, not as confident in the strike. Nodding he looked over at Augustus. I'll need to be taught how to defend.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC One more reply and we close it. Sound good? / +225

Augustus's dusted tail wagged behind him, his green flecked eyes trained on the other male. He licked his lips, twitching an ear idly. Learn how to guard your weaknesses, and play on your strengths. Shrugging his shoulders his muscles rippled and he paced back and forth before his brother. My size is my strength and my weakness, others can outmaneuver me, but they will never overpower me. Tharin took in the knowledge eagerly. Defense is somewhat easier, but far more important. He hunched his body over, head low to guard his neck. Make yourself small, ears down, head low. If they've nothing to grab, they cannot gain the advantage. His gaze turned to the area around them. Use your surroundings. Armor yourself in the undergrowth. And Try to corner your enemy if you can, make him fight for every step.

He gave a brief nod, tail wagging. The day was beginning to dim around them and Augustus gazed at the sky before returning to Tharin. I think this is enough for one day. You've been a good student, Tharin. A wane smile graced his lips. I'll look to see you at the borders. He gazed off in direction of the den where his mate waited for him, a brief glance at his brother, and he turned and trotted off pleased with himself and his student.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.auggy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.auggy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

yes

He listened thoughtfully as Augustus spoke. Tharin respected the male's knowledge, knowing that he was someone Tharin would be going to for more training in the future. He wasn't going to remain incapable of defending the pack. Tharin crouched low to the ground, mimicking Augustus as he flattened his ears and tried to make his frame smaller so that there was nothing someone could get a good purchase on.

Nodding his head at Augustus' words Tharin grinned. I'll see you. He was strict, but Tharin was used to strict. It was just how the hierarchy he'd grown up with had been. Perhaps not as sharp, but the strictness was the same. Turning Tharin trotted in the opposite direction, boldly patrolling. Now he would be useful.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]