[M] She's standing in the heart of darkness...
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Ooc: Foredated to May 17th WC: 823

Augustus awoke just as the first of dawns light began to creep over the horizon. He’d moved them back into the communal den the night before after he was certain that her heat was truly at its end. His relief at its departure was unfathomable, and yesterday’s hunt with his new pack sister had served to ease the tension that had gripped him for what seemed to be a very long time. The confrontation with Zalen and Titania had rattled him to his very core. The very fact that he, ever the faithful warrior, had even considered rebelling against his Alphas’ made him feel so very wrong inside. If he didn’t have enough to think about before he certainly did now, and Ciara. He’d been so angry with her, so angry with Zalen. How could he betray his trust? He, who had been ever faithful, he who had put his life on the line time and again to ensure the safety of his pack, and he’d nearly been betrayed…again. It stung him, incited a burning rage that had taken hours to abate. Ciara had ensured him that nothing had happened, but had the two of them continued uninterrupted, would she have stopped it? He was not so sure. Zalen was the Alpha of the pack, and she, just an Epsilon, like him. It was a miracle that he and Titania had showed up at the right moment. He did not resent the Alphess, for her actions. She was just as he was, and was within her right to discipline Ciara as she had, but…That did not mean he liked it. Ciara was his after all.

Ahh, Ciara. His sweet, golden Ciara. Keeping her close to him all throughout her heat had been maddening, there had been many a time that he watched her sleep, grinding his teeth, his eyes set on her rump. How many times had he thought of mounting her? But the thought of pups scared him, as little else could. He dreamed of them often, just as she, but his dreams had been nightmares. How many times had he seen the same vision over and over again? It always started the same way. She, in the den, her body contracting as each whelp was brought into the world. He stalked about at the den’s mouth, pacing back and forth, back and forth. He too saw the little beings with golden patches upon their pelts, but the white whelp was not there in his, instead the pup was black, a boy…and he had his grandfather’s eyes. He would watch then as the pup grew and grew, and when he was full grown it was Lionel looking back at him…and he was smiling.

This very same nightmare woke him that morning and the bi-colored wolf gave a start. His breathing had become rapid in his dreaming, and he panted for breath until his eyes adjusted to the dim expanse of the den. His eyes passed over the sleeping forms of his brothers and sisters, and he soon calmed, soothed by their peaceful presence. When his breathing leveled he looked over the sleeping form of his mate. Her head was rested upon his own paws, as his head had taken the hollow of her neck in the night. She looked so innocent, so pure. That was why he could not take her. She was a maiden still, and despite all his reluctance at their mateship, he cared for her. He would wait to take her until she herself asked him to. It sent a not entirely unpleasant chill down his spine. He wanted her, and that moment had been on his mind for the past two weeks. But there was something between them, a barrier keeping one from the other. It was not visible, but it was present on the inside. They knew so little about each other, and despite how many times Augustus had tried to open up to her, something had gotten in the way. Not this time.

So very slowly he slid his paws out from under her chin, and regained his feet. Once again on all fours he shook off the loose tufts of hairs that had not gone from him the previous day. His shedding was a nuisance, as he had far more fur to shed than the rest of his brothers and sisters. His winter coat was thick and double layered, and not so easy to be rid of. As the fur fell he began to look much slimmer, though his size was not diminished he simply looked more lithe. His muscles appeared leaner, not bulky as they did in the winter months, regardless, he was still quite tall. When as much hair fell as was like to he reached his head down to nudge gently at his mate’s shoulder, even lingering to nuzzle it briefly. Ciara. He whispered in his hoarse way, hoping to wake her.

<style type="text/css">
.aug1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#a3c9b5; text-shadow:#0f2825 1px 1px 2px;}
.aug1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.aug1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/37ajd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.aug1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.aug1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.aug1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Yay, mate time! WC: 635

The last two weeks had been miserable. While her first heat cycle had brought her and Augustus closer together, this one had torn them apart. The first had been the push they’d needed to portray their feelings to each other, but this one had taken those feelings and tossed them into a blender mixed with doubt and distrust. Since the incident with Zalen Ciara had been physically sick each time Augustus looked at her. There was something in his eyes that she couldn’t decipher no matter how hard she tried. Was it anger, or a want for retribution? Would he finally set his teeth on her and punish her like she expected and knew she deserved? It wasn’t repulsion, fear, or hate that made her sick whenever she felt his eyes on her, but panic. She was terrified that each time he looked at her was the time he would cast her off, calling her a cheating bitch and countless other things. It was irrational for her to think these things, as she hadn’t done anything to betray him, but the hormones of the heat cycle were not kind on the stability of her mind.

He had given her no real sign that he forgave her. From the point they’d been left together in the clearing there had been even more distance between them than what they were already battling with. He had moved them to a new den for two weeks, and she had spent that time close to his side, but ever alone. Ciara hated it. She loved him, but she hated herself for the hurt she’d caused him. How could she have survived if something had happened between her and Zalen? If they had crossed the line that hung before them, how would she ever get through it? What she was dealing with with Augustus was hard enough and she had not even cheated. Her days were long and tiresome, and her nights were filled with nightmares of Augustus leaving her, instead of the happy little dreams of puppies and a happy future that she’d been having before the incident.

Tonight, her sleep was blissfully quiet. The exhausted she-wolf was enjoying a dreamless sleep, relaxed for once beside her mate. Her heat was finally over and they were back into the communal den, surrounded by their family. Bit by bit the sickness within Ciara had begun to dwindle, and she’d finally reached the point where she could eat again. Beneath her ever-thinning pelt her form was much slimmer than it had ever been, simply because the girl could not bring herself to eat. All she’d been able to think about had been Augustus, how much she’d hurt him and angered him, and whether or not he was going to leave her. In fact, him leaving her was the first thought she had when she finally opened her eyes at the sound of his voice.

Instead of the subtle cold-shoulder she expected, her bicoloured mate actually stooped to nuzzle her shoulder. That tender touch, the tiny display of affection was enough relief to bring her on the verge of tears. She felt as though his anger, his eyes, his stiff demeanour had been flaying her for the past two weeks and that one gentle touch of his nose to her shoulder was soothing enough to break her fear and guilt. She had to physically stop herself from crying by swiping her paw across her earthen eyes before standing and shaking out her pelt. She had no idea what it was her mate wanted, why he’d decided to wake her. Perhaps he was ready to dish out the punishment she’d been waiting for. Apprehension swirled in her belly, but she steeled herself against whatever was to come.

Yes, love? Came her soft, tentative reply.

<style type="text/css">
.cia1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#a3c9b5; text-shadow:#0f2825 1px 1px 2px;}
.cia1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.cia1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BltD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.cia1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.cia1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.cia1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc: xD Trying to break this into a few posts, so they don't get too terribly long WC 677

He gazed down at her, silent as ever, watching her rise noticing her paw as it rubbed against her eyes. His face was a mask, a twitch of his ear the only sign that he’d heard her reply. Was that…hesitation? There was something in her voice. Did she think he would strike her? His face became grim and he did not answer her, turning his head the opposite direction in a motion that was meant to appear casual. He did not want her to see his face, the shame in his eyes. She was so thin, and it was all his doing. To blame it all on recent events was folly, they’d been distant ever since becoming mates, and it wore on her day by day. He himself, was not unaffected. It had all happened so fast. Their mateship was not at all unwelcome, but it was sudden. He was sure of her, sure that they belonged together, but he could not love her like he should until he overcame his own doubts, solved his own problems, or at least confessed them to her, so they could get through them together. She had been with him the day of the cougar attack, had listened as he vented and raged. The entire time she’d never judged him. How could he be so stupid to not trust her now?

He swallowed before finally turning to face her again. Come, was all he said as he exited the den. When he was sure she was following he broke into an idle trot. He worked his way towards Glen Eerie, glancing behind once and again to ensure she was coming along. He grew more anxious each step he took, but tried to hide it, whether he was succeeding or failing was entirely up to her. He finally came to a stop before a patch of freshly disturbed earth. He’d covered it with forest-dwelling ferns which he swept away with a paw. He began to dig, exerting his anxiety into the strokes as dirt flew behind him. It was his own personal cache, from which he withdrew a rather hefty flank portion from the moose from yesterday’s hunt with the she-wolf Palaydrian. He held it in his jaws and shook it lightly to remove the excess dirt. The meat was a little less than a day old and still soft. He dropped it in front of his mate with a swish of his tail, and nudged it encouragingly forward. I saved this for you yesterday. He explained quietly. The next time something happens I’d prefer you not try to starve yourself. His voice was stern, but controlled. Recent events still weighed on him, but he did his best to keep his cool. He cared for her and it hurt him to see her do this to herself, despite all that had happened.

He watched her carefully as he seated himself before her, remaining silent until the time she began to break into the moose’s flesh. We need to talk, Ciara. I’ve held back for too long. He got up and began to pace a short distance. I’ve been thinking a lot lately, and I’ve even talked to Shandom. I wanted to talk to you before…but then Cerberus, and Shadow showed up. He gritted his teeth as he spoke each name. Then your cursed heat came again. There was and edge to his voice, but by the tight-lipped way he was speaking it was obvious he was doing his best to control it. I care for you, Ciara. A great deal, and I think you should know who I really am. Where I came from. How, how I came by these. He displayed the scars on the side of his face. It’s just time we did this, talked like this, we can’t hope to progress any further without it. He awaited her for the okay to continue, or some explanation or opinion of her own. He tried to keep his posture open, inviting, and prayed that she would relax and speak her mind.

<style type="text/css">
.aug1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/37ajd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry it took awhile! Work's been busy. Also, I planned to make it short but it grew. ._. WC: 593/p>

Ciara had glanced up after rubbing her paw just in time to see her mate look away from her. Her sides heaved as she let loose a sigh and turned her earthen eyes back down to the ground at her paws. He was still mad at her, of course. Why had she thought that it would be any different? This day would be just like the rest, filled with him being distant and her aching to be closer to him in many ways. It was exhausting, and the golden Epsilon had half a mind to just lay back down and go to sleep. She couldn’t resist his call, though, so she stood, walking after him with her head down and her tail low.

As her mate trotted ahead and set the pace for their walk, the female followed behind him silently, moving up to flank him after working up the courage to do so. His silence, as it had been for weeks, was killing her, causing her to take on the posture of a much more submissive wolf. Her coat had lost all its shine in the weeks she’d been suffering his unhappiness (and her own), and she had grown almost gaunt. Maybe he was taking her away from the pack to break up with her? He needed a strong mate, and she could barely stand him being mad at her for a few weeks.

She stopped when her large mate did so, and watched with a sort of veiled curiosity in her dull eyes as he tore the cached meat from the ground. Her mouth watered as she looked at the morsel, but her stomach didn’t correspond. Ciara wouldn’t be able to eat unless he proved he didn’t hate her, or unless….ah, there. He demanded it. At his words she lowered her eyes sheepishly. She had indeed been starving herself and now that he was calling her out for it, she felt foolish. Quietly she dipped her head down and took the meat between her teeth, ripping and tearing at the choice meat and devouring it like a wolf starved. His stern tone compelled her and made her feel chastised, but she’d noted the wag of his tail.

When she was finished eating, the girl moved up and licked the underside of her mate’s chin with a thankful little whine. It was a sound just for him, and even though she licked the Alphas’ chins in submission regularly, the caress of her tongue under the two-toned male’s snout was much different. It spoke of giving herself to him, no matter what, and as his words filled her ears she knew that was exactly what she planned to do. She nearly burst into a whimper when he said they needed to talk, terrified for a quick moment, until he went further to explain. She relaxed then, still a bit nervous over what he’d bring up, but happy that they were finally getting to this point. She brought her brown pools up to meet his amber gaze, her own expression soft, and patient.

Tell me everything you need to,she said softly, her tawny ears perking forward to catch each anticipated syllable. Her form took on a relaxed posture, and it would be clear to him that she was relieved he was finally going to open up. In that instant all of her previous stress was forgotten. She pushed away the memory of him being angry and distant, and opened herself up to the real beginning of their mateship. I’m ready to hear it.

<style type="text/css">
.cia1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BltD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Terrible post, sorry :/ WC 925

His yellow eyes burned into her as he watched and waited for her to eat. He was angry with her for what she’d been doing to herself. His golden girl’s fur was coarse and dull, unhealthy, and her face looked much too gaunt. Where was the strength he’d seen in her? Where was the girl that had taken on a cougar, the one who’d refused to give in as heavily wounded as she had been? He towered over her, watching and waiting with bated breath. When at last she tore into the flesh did he exhale and recline to his black dusted haunches. He watched with constant scrutiny, gaging her every expression, her every move. He stiffened when she came to lick his chin, but the caress of her tongue stilled him, and he closed his eyes a moment. That small act of total and utter submission calmed the beast, and his yellow eyes softened in their gaze. Their eyes met and a small chill ran down his spine. He suddenly felt more sure of himself, and with her assurances ceased to pace.

He paused, wondering where to begin. I--you know I’m not from here… He started, a little hesitant at first, but the softness of her gaze comforted him, and he continued without pause. My home is many moons from here, to the north and west. It is a different world up there, harder. The wolves there, they aren’t like the wolves here. They are harder too, it is how we are made. We are made to struggle, against the very world we live in if we must. The winters are harsh, the summers short. It is not an easy life, but it was home… His eyes shifted downwards for a moment. My father, he began anew, his voice colored with distaste. He was the Alpha of the pack along side my mother, she was more his partner than his lover. Both as tough and as stubborn as the north itself. He snorted, remembering. I had a brother…He was…my closest friend. He fixed his gaze somewhere beyond her shoulder and continued, on a different tangent all together. It was not hard to see that even thinking of his brother hurt him still. Luperci are so few in the north, but the ones there are, different, as well. Savage. My father hated them, and we…hated them, too, because of him. And one day, when I was still young, my brother went missing.

It was half a day before they found his… His voice began to falter. body…It was torn apart, hardly recognizeable. My father said he saw a marking in his…flesh. The symbol of the neighboring Luperci clan. He took me aside that day. ‘Remember what they took from you…Remember this day,’ he said to me. His voice was dark as he recounted his father’s words. I was not fully an adult yet, so I took his words to heart…I grew up hating them, hating my parents, the Luperci, for what they did to my brother, hating the world for what it did to me. So I spent my days further and further away from the others.

Then one day, I’d gone off alone to walk the borders, when I heard my father’s call. So, naturally I came running. The air there, it was tense. My pack mates all leapt aside at my passing, watching me. I couldn’t place the looks on their faces. My father stood before them all, called me a kin slayer, told them that I was conspiring with the Luperci to murder one of our own. I - I didn’t understand what was going on, what I’d done to, to have my father say such lies about me. His eyes were distant and he dropped his gaze to the ground. He came towards me, and raked his claws across my face, saying that I was no son of his. Then…it was all a blur. My pack mates were snarling at me, I didn’t understand…I-I still don’t. I just turned and ran as they chased me down. When I crossed the borders, I- I just kept running, and when I finally stopped, I was here. Half-starved, my face was aflame. He shook his head.

I didn’t know what to think, what to do. There was nothing I believed in anymore, everything had been taken away from me. Sometimes I wonder if it was really the Luperci who killed my brother, or if it was... He couldn’t bring himself to say it, shaking his head again. It was hard recounting his past, even harder because it had been so long since he’d even dared to think of it. I stopped hating the Luperci long ago… He assured her, aware that his mate herself, was one. He didn’t want her to think poorly of him. But I still don’t understand. Why…I mean my parents were never particularly affectionate. Their teachings were always do or die. They made me this way, and it is so very hard to change. When his eyes finally sought hers there was a vulnerability within them, he looked half a pup as he peered at her, his eyes soft and full of emotion. I hope you can understand. I don’t want to be like this…like him…it’s just…I’ve known nothing else. I don’t want to hurt you, I don’t want to hurt anyone, but I might, or I might not. It’s hard to tell, it’s hard to control. I just have so much anger. I just wish I knew why.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait! I hope this post makes up for it. <3 WC: 822

Ciara could feel the anger pouring from her mate as he stood over her while she picked at the food. She withered a little beneath his stare and began to eat in earnest. She knew why he was angry, and understood his worry and insecurity perfectly. The Epsilon had been weak under the strain of her mate’s displeasure, and the distance he kept between them. She could face a cougar, a family of bears, any challenge given to her by another wolf, but against him she was defenceless. His unhappiness wounded her like nothing else, but now that it was ending, she would quickly regain her strength and sheen.

She was pleased that the submissive kiss beneath his chin had its desired effect. Her heart swelled when his eyes softened, and she too felt a trembling overtake her for a moment when their eyes met. Her ears pricked forward when he relaxed, sensing that he was about to tell her what he’d been holding back all along. She sat back on her haunches, the meat forgotten, and turned her full attention on her mate. She looked him up and down first, taking in all of his features, and smiling at the realization that no matter what he told her, she would love him. If only she could make him realize the same.

Augustus spoke and informed her of his rough upbringing, and the tragic circumstances of his arrival in Nova Scotia. Ciara maintained her soft and welcoming expression, not wanting to discourage him with a frown. She listened to every word he told her, feeling her heart break a little when he spoke of his father and the cruel treatment he’d been dealt in his short life. She ached for the loss of her mate’s brother, wishing she’d been given the chance to meet the man, and that Augustus had been able to keep that companionship his whole life. He seemed so alone and sad sometimes, and she wondered if things had been different, would he be happier?

His comments of the Luperci did not worry her. She was Luperci, yes, but had only exercised the curse of shifting twice in her life. Truth be told, the concept was so foreign to her that she rarely thought of herself as Luperci, but fancied herself a true wolf like her husband. When his tale turned to that of the accused kinslaying and his pack’s betrayal of him she was unable to hold back the growl that split from her muzzle. These people were supposed to be his family, and yet they’d treated him this way? It sickened her. She took a step forward then and pushed her nose against his scruff, trying to comfort him even as he continued his tale. His words grew more and more painful to hear, but she knew it was nowhere near as painful as it must’ve been for him to experience it.

Finally his tale shifted to the present, to his insecurities, and doubt. She pulled back from his scruff and looked up, locking her earthen gaze with his fiery one. She’d never seen him looking so vulnerable, as though she could kill him with one word. Ciara wanted to whimper and nuzzle him, to assure him frantically that it was all alright, but that wasn’t what her mate needed right now. He needed calm, coherent assurance. He needed to know that, despite all his tragedies and scars, she wanted to be his. She wanted to take that chance.

We all have our pasts to cope with, she started. My own wasn’t devoid of pain. My father was a semi-present, always abusive evil man who tried to kill me and my mother countless times. I only came here because she died trying to bring me here, to get away from him. She knew that this discussion wasn’t about her, but she wanted him to know that her life had not been all songs and flowers. She knew pain, and she’d overcome it. I was angry for a long time, too, but then I learned that even though he’s my blood, I’m not him. You are not your father. I don’t know him, but from what I’ve heard and what I see in you, I just know. Just the fact that you worry about hurting me proves that you’re better, truer than him. Sure you might hurt me, love, but I might hurt you too. She smiled up at him, licking gently at his cheek. Love is taking that chance. I want to be here for you through everything, good or bad, painful or….pleasurable, she said with a blush. If I can be the one to make you happier, to soothe your anger, even just one day at a time then that’s what I want to do.

She sat back then, giving him a chance to consider her words and respond.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc: Gonna shoot you a Pm here so we can decide on where this should go WC: 596

He looked deep in her eyes, trying to discern them, separate the physical from the emotional. In anticipation his vision became blurred, but the tears did not fall. He blinked them slowly away, though refused to break their joined gaze. He felt exposed, like his heart was out and bleeding for all to see. He’d told others of his past, but not how he felt about it, not how he felt about himself. He was trembling as he listened to her tale of her own personal struggles. His ears flattened with shame. She’s faced terrible things as well, and yet she had not let it decide who she was. She had not allowed it to darken her heart. She was so strong, his Ciara, and his heart broke again to hear of her own father’s evil. He will not touch you again. He stated in a distant voice still husky with pain.

Finally the words passed from her lips that he had so longed to hear and a cry of relief and anguish broke from him. He buried his face in her neck where it rested as she spoke of the nature of love. He found it soothing to just lay there and breath in her scent. He closed his eyes as her soft tones washed over him. It felt as if a terrible, crushing weight had been lifted from his chest and he could breath again. Opening his eyes he pulled his head from her scruff, and regarded her from a distance. She spoke of being there for him in good times and bad, pain and…when she spoke of pleasure his cheeks grew flushed and he felt a heat begin to radiate from his core. His tail twitched in an irregular pattern and the breath caught in his throat.

He closed the gap between them in an instant, his staggered breathing heating the mere inch from his nose to hers. His eyes flicked up to hers again, and there something new took root. Tentatively he reached for her cheek, pausing a moment before nuzzling at it gently. He brought this motion forward, and increased the pressure, nuzzling a greater area and with more confidence. His tongue extended then and lapped at the side of her jaw towards her lips. He caressed her chin and neck, stepping forward he nuzzled her scruff and shoulder. His tail broke into a slow, leisurely wag and he rubbed his head down her back. There was something decidedly more intimate about his caresses. They were slow, and gentle; deliberate, not rough and abrupt as they had always been before.

Lifting his head he began to walk a slow, tight circle around her, caressing the sides of her with his body. His stomach flipped when he reached her rump and he lowered his muzzle to her tail giving it a tentative sniff. A chill ran down his spine and he rounded on her other side, gazing at her from under his lashes. He took in her ragged appearance and felt a pang of anguish. I won’t hurt you like this again. He promised, coming full circle to face her straight on. His voice was husky with feeling, but sounded smoother, younger, like a waterfall. He licked at her lips again, before drawing away. Will you follow me…my love? He asked, waiting patiently for her reply. It was the first time he’d asked her to do something instead of demanding it. Whatever this was, wherever it would lead one thing was for certain, it was the start of something new and beautiful.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Let's get this party started. <3 WC: 500

A strange calm settled over her when her mate assured her that her father would never hurt her again. While she had tried to push the thought of him from her mind, it always nagged at her – that possibility that he might find and hurt her. He had tried to kill her mother countless times, tried to drown her when she was only a pup, and then had disappeared. In the darkest corners of her mind, Ciara hoped that he was dead though she’d never admit that to anyone.

I know you’ll protect me, love. she replied to her mate’s promise, looking into his emotional gaze and offering him a lick across his cheek. He seemed relieved at her reply to his tragic story, and soon moved close to her. At once a flutter of anticipation coursed through her, but she pushed it back. He’d likely give her the same abrupt affection he normally did and move on. He didn’t. She was surprised when his touch was delicate and adoring, an exploration of her golden form. She found herself trembling as she returned his kisses, then he began to circle her.

Where some females would be intimidated at being circled by a behemoth like Augustus, Ciara was thrilled. This was her mate, and he was clearly pleased with her beauty. She trembled softly at each soft caress and even whimpered a little as his nose pushed to her tail. Beneath her fur her skin had flushed considerably, and she fought against the shy maiden within that called for her to slump to the ground. No, Ciara wanted him to enjoy the sight of her, so she stood tall and even flicked her tail up in a bold display just before her mate moved around to her front.

Her whole body was tingling and humming with excitement from his investigation, but she still felt a little sheepish when he promised he wouldn’t hurt her. That was my own fault… she murmured, dropping her gaze. It had been, truly. She should have been strong enough to push past the anxiety and keep herself healthy even through his anger. Still, something within her enjoyed the stern looks and the reprimanding tone he had used when he urged her to eat. Even if he was intimidating, Ciara found that she liked her mate when he was authoritative.

As soon as this thought passed through her mind, another first happened for the couple. Augustus looked into her eyes again and then asked, not ordered…asked, her to follow him. I’d follow you anywhere, she replied a little breathlessly, not caring that the line sounded incredibly cheesy. It was true, she was his, her life was his, and she’d do anything he wanted so long as they were together. The female gave a shake of her fur, trying to rid herself of the tingling sensation he’d caused so she could focus on following behind him on steady paws – not falling over herself like a flushed schoolgirl.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc: xD WC: 525

Augustus did not like the idea of anyone hurting his mate and he was eager to punish the one who had. If he did return, Augustus would be there, and the blood would flow. He gazed deeply into her pools, though the pain was still near he wanted her to see his sincerity.

His eyes trailed down her body with a fierce intensity. They roved over every curve with a merciless scrutiny, not missing a single tuft of fur. She was gaunt and haggard, her pelt dull and coarse. A part of him enjoyed the power he held over her, but not if this was the cost. His gaze softened and he shut his eyes momentarily, regaining himself he forced himself to remember how she had been, and how she would be once again. She was no less beautiful to him, however, and he circled her slowly. He trembled with desire, anticipation, and each step felt like an eternity. He skirted over her rump, giving it only a tentative sniff, but her tail lifted at he passed which caused his heart to leap into his throat. His eyes widened a bit and he brought himself to face her.

No. He said softly, a sound akin to rolling thunder. He nudged at her chin, urging her head to rise. He gazed deeply, lost in her eyes. It was as if he was seeing through her and the burning intensity of his gaze was a force of its own. It spoke of his past, the pain was there, rising to the surface, but the present was there as well, an unexpected softness in a sea of fiery yellow. A smile began to tug at the corners of his lips where it grew in warmth and width. He indicated a direction with a short nod and slowly turned.

He did not run, but set a steady trot, pausing every now and again to keep her at his side. His heart felt lighter, and he wanted to run and be free, but there was also a hint of tension. It tied his stomach in knots, and radiated a warmth in the unexplored depths of his body. It was physical and emotional, a feeling so overwhelming it was palpable. He was leading her to the sea which she so loved, but whatever lay beyond it was uncertain.

He did not speak for fear of what lie ahead. It took almost all of his concentration not to falter. He felt unsteady on his feet and full of anxiety. His breathing was ragged and heavy, and he hesitated when his paws finally met the sands. He paused to look over his shoulder at her, confused at what it was to do next. He took a step towards her putting his back to the waves, docile for now. Another step and he was inches from her he looked into her eyes briefly before his gaze fell and his face grew heated. Ciara… He started, but his sentence could not complete and a sigh fell from him. He cursed himself and shut his eyes tight, swallowing a lump that had risen in his throat.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: +5

She was more at ease now as she followed her mate through the woods and to the coastline she loved so much. Maybe it was the smell of the salty air that helped to settle her nerves, but the golden girl was certain their talk had the most to do with it. She finally felt free of the weight his distance had put on her. Now it seemed like her mate truly accepted that she was there to stay, and trusted her enough to divulge the pain of his past. Even though her heart ached to hear his story she was light with the joy that his confiding had brought. It was more that she loved him, every part of him, and the knowledge of this new side to Augustus and the unwavering love she still felt only improved upon her confidence and happiness.

When their paws touched the sands and Ciara took in the full view of her mate’s new anxiety, Ciara was surprised. Augustus always seemed so in control of everything. He was a confident hunter, and guardian. The way in which he protected her was absolute. This though…the shaking in his limbs, the aversion of his eyes and the different sort of huskiness in his voice surprised her. Was she, them, their intimacy the chink in his otherwise impenetrable armor? For once Ciara felt like the more confident one, even if she was shy herself. Was it just that she’d already spent amble time stumbling over her words and her paws when it came to him? This was the first time she’d been given any true hint of the effect she had on her mate.

The intensity in his eyes made a strange, unfamiliar heat grow within her. It wasn’t the same as the heat she felt during her cycle – this one felt more real. Her eyes glittered with a desire that swept upon her so suddenly like one of the many waves behind them. When Augustus’ own eyes dropped to Ciara’s paws, she wasted no time in making the first move. Unsure of exactly what she was doing, the golden girl decided to just go by instinct. Her nose pushed to his cheek and she began to kiss her way to the corner of his mouth with soft little flicks of her tongue. Just the taste of him made that heat grow, and she had to stop herself from letting out a pleased little growl.

Augustus…I love you, she whispered in an effort to soothe his nerves. There was nothing he could do that would be wrong. She wanted to play with him in a completely different way, but first she’d need to coax him out of the shyness and uncertainty that was radiating off of him. Her lithe form moved beneath his chin and she slid her body across his, making a circle akin to the one he did around her in the woods. Her teeth gave delicate nips across his side and flanks, even dared one to the base of his tail, before she came back around after her exploration to stand in front of him. As she waited for some kind of response she hummed with the excitement that the scents and touch of him brought her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC Rated M for Mature...Yus. WC: 480

The heat of her breath was a whisper on his skin present long before her tongue reached him. It sent shivers down his spine and his pelt stood on end. He looked sleeker now, lean and large. His body was all hard, corded muscles rippling under his bi-colored pelt when her tongue tasted him. His tail wagged continuously, but there was a jerkiness to its rhythm. It would pause to flick to and fro in reaction to her tantalizing caresses. His eyes closed and he submitted to the force of her love. His interest was rising and his tail lifted not in dominance, but in reaction to sudden ache in the lower reaches of his body. When her tongue flicked towards the edge of his lips he parted his jaws and turned his head, tongue seeking her own. He was now truly lost and an anxious whine escaped him at the sound of her soft voice.

The heat was becoming unbearable, his body humming with a powerful energy, like none before. She brushed against his chest encouraging a low growl to bubble forth. She moved about him, nipping, and rubbing against him. Each touch was agonizing and his breathing grew heavier and louder. His eyes closed, drinking it all in. When she drew near to that lower part of him his member twitched, seeking her, beginning to withdraw from its sheath. Her teeth grazed the base of his tail causing him to shudder. It seemed like forever before she rebounded on his other side to stand before him.

Slowly he opened his eyes. They were softer now in their gaze as he peered into her pools as if waking up from a dream. Her eyes shimmered in the light of the sun, rising over the waves. He stepped towards her, rounding about her rear swiftly. His muzzle dared to go deeper, further than even she. He rubbed his head on her haunches, nostrils wide, taking in the smell of her as his muzzle ducked beneath her back leg. The smell of it was intoxicating and he whined. His body radiated heat and his member throbbed, and ached for her, his love. He stopped to look back at her, mouth watering with the scent of her musk. Tentative licks he aimed around the edges, not yet dipping in, but attempting to circle it. He did not know how she’d react, but he knew he wanted her, no, needed her. His body demanded it.

Ciara, please… He rumbled, low and gutteral. I want you. The last words were a whisper, soft as thunder. His eyes were pleading. He felt feverish and panted for breath, praying that this deep seated ache would go away, that she would end his suffering. He edged around to stand behind her, feasting upon the sight of her from behind. Please, he whimpered. Let me make you mine forever.

<style type="text/css">
.moontr1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1b684; text-shadow:#1a1c0b 1px 1px 2px;}
.moontr1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.moontr1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#556b65; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5dYlk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e433d; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95ada7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.moontr1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.moontr1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.moontr1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Oh god she feels bad. D:

Caught up in the moment and the glorious feeling their talk had brought, Ciara hadn’t thought of any consequences to her rubbing, adoring exploration of her mate. She saw him in a new light, and ached to know him better, so she’d taken her time going over almost every inch of him. She was almost too innocent, though, naïve to what her caresses would cause. When her mate began his own exploration she was relaxed, all until his muzzle dipped deeper than she’d expected. Her skin flushed beneath her fur as he dipped his nose beneath her leg, and she released a little whine. Hers was partly the desperate tones of his, and partly from anxiety.

She relaxed subtly when he pulled away, but then found herself overwhelmed by the intensity of his gaze. Her heart was aching for him as was her body, but her mind…. She was still nervous, afraid that it would hurt, that she wouldn’t be good enough for him, that something awkward and horrible would happen. She was too caught up in worrying over the actual event to worry about puppies. Her eyes remained locked on his as she weighed her options, but her ears flicked and then went back against her head while Augustus pleaded. He wanted to take her, it was clear, but she just wasn’t ready. They had only just talked about everything and opened up like they should. There was still too much they needed to learn about each other, and she was still too shy.

I…I am yours forever, she stammered, turned to blushing and averting her eyes while a single paw scruffed on the sand. His intent and heated gaze had her stumbling over her words as she had the first few times they’d spent time together. All at once she was the student again, and he the teacher. She the shy school girl and he the reserved warrior. Her tail tucked between her legs, and she slowly turned to face him instead of looking at him over her shoulder. With an apologetic whine she pressed her face to his scruff, licked under his chin again.

I’m just….not ready. I’m scared of doing…that, she whimpered again, feeling silly and girlish. Please don’t be mad..

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC .Blue.Balls. That is all...Let me know when you've read it and we can archive this. Also short post :/ This is kinda new territory for him WC: 33

She moved to face him and his charcoal ears twitched to her voice. She stammered, the boldness of moments before seeming to evaporate. Her eyes turned from his, and his brows furrowed in confusion. His body remained strangely stiff, the smell of her still in his nostrils. His body ached, an insatiable urge to claim the woman for his own, but she was withdrawing. He could almost smell the anxiety radiating off of her. His stomach began to twist into knots again, and he stood still as stone as she came to nuzzle and lick under his chin. He didn’t understand…What was there to hold them back now? He’d relieved them of their burden, they should be able to be together now. It wasn’t like before. She was his, damn it! How could she say no to him now…

His body was humming, his heart racing in his chest. But...Ciara. He pleaded in a husky whisper. He didn’t understand. It was a moment before reality slowly began to sink in, he’d never done this before, either, but the smell of her…the feel of her had clouded him to nothing except instinct. It was instinct that drove him forward, but he also loved her, more now than even before. The ache within his lower body changed into a physical pain, causing his member to wilt. He panted and whined, backing away from her. What if he‘d lost control? I’m sorry…I… He stammered. I shouldn’t..shouldn’t have. He couldn’t explain what it was he was feeling, his mind was a whirlwind. I need to…go.. There was little else he could think to do right now, he just knew that he needed to be away from her. I’m..I’m not mad…I’ll see…see you in the den. He turned and ran, and in a matter of seconds, he was gone.

<style type="text/css">
.moontr1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1b684; text-shadow:#1a1c0b 1px 1px 2px;}
.moontr1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.moontr1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#556b65; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5dYlk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2e433d; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95ada7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.moontr1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.moontr1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.moontr1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]