[j, aw] the cradle of these waves
[html]

Preferred Rank: Venditore

Currently Played Characters: Eris Eternity, Myrika Tears, Ithiel de le Poer, and Draugr Helsi

Vasiliy is by me!

Before him rose a great tree, its many branches reaching upward and into the sky. It was still only mid-spring, but the tree was blooming and blossoming with all the wonderful greenery of full summer. Beyond that, though -- it was heavily decorated, baubles dangling from branches, paint and scrawlings splashed here and there. Vasi could not read any of the words, but he thought this was the place, all the same -- Aylu's scent was apparent enough as a resident, and so this must be Cercatori d'Arte.

For a moment, the wolf paced in front of the invisible line separating claimed territory from neutral, pale eyes on the tree. He had never joined a pack before, and he was not certain what it was he was supposed to do. Setting one hand upon his hip and the other on the hilt of the sword at his side, he paused his pacing to study the tree a moment longer. Instinct forbade him from crossing the invisible line marking the pack's border, but beyond that, it was silent. The dark wolf supposed it would be best to call attention to himself, but perhaps it was rude to howl on someone's borders. He stood and debated in circles, wondering how best to make a first impression on this pack and increase his chances of acceptance.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]
So wipe that smile off your face, Before it gets too late.
There's only so much time. For you to make up your mind
Word Count :: 000 Big Grin

The alpha female paced across the borders, her keen eyes and ears sharp and attentive. Sometimes, she focused on the person she was speaking to - sometimes, she was not focused at all, rather staring off into space, lost in a sea of thought. When she patrolled, however, all of her senses were pointed in one direction - protecting the pack and securing its borders.

Soon enough, a foreign scent met Skye's nose, although it was not coupled with the sound of a howl, as was the norm when loners visited the merchants' lands. Making her way towards the scent of the loner who had no pack scent attached to them, she subconsciously placed her hand on the hilt of her dagger, wary of any danger that the newcomer might present.

It seemed, however, that she need not worry - as the loner came into her vision, she saw that although he did not look harmless in any way, he did not seem to be hostile. He simply stood on the borders, looking only the slightest bit unsure.

Skye pushed past the trees to present herself to the man who had undoubtedly scented her before he saw her and she put on a warm smile. "Greetings," she said cordially. "I am Skye Collins, the leader of the Cercatori d'Arte borders we stand on. What brings you to our home?" she asked, keeping the warm visage on her face. She used this time while speaking to see him fully - he had a monochrome coat of gray with dark hands and a lighter underbelly; he also wore shorts, something that she did not see on many Luperci (not including herself, who wore her light blue silky skirt on that day).

Image courtesy of Gertrud K.

<style>
.GR2_SkyeStar p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SkyeStar b {font-family:verdana; color:#eaa92f; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px;}
.GR2_SkyeStar {background-color:#a40115; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2307/skye1y.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #102834; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SkyeStar .name {text-align:right; font-family:Fredericka the Great; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:40px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_SkyeStar .lyrics {color:#f1e1b1; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:16px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_SkyeStar .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #102834; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Vasiliy is by me!

It would seem he did not even need to announce his presence -- before long, he could smell an approaching Luperci, the sounds of soft footfalls apparent to his sensitive ears. The Russian straightened and put on his best face, eagerly looking about for signs of the approaching canine. Of course they had scouts here -- even in wintertime Sobirat'sya, where few ventured, there were border patrols and outland scouts to alert the families of any approaching threat.

She made herself known, emerging from the tangle of smaller, shorter trees surrounding the decorated one. While the wolf allowed his pale blue eyes to appraise her from afar, as she drew nearer, they dropped to the ground. He had no idea of her rank, but he knew his own well enough: friendless wanderer and vagabond, unlikely to be missed if the creamy-furred woman decided he was a threat, and enough of one to exterminate entirely. She spoke and he listened, not knowing what he was going to say until the moment he opened his mouth to respond.

I am Vasiliy Russo, and I am come to find new home here, if you will have me, he declared. Your wolf Aylu speak of this place to me, and I think it is good home for me. Though his voice was thickly accented and harsh with the tones of his mother tongue, the words were not so thickly coated with accent that they were completely mysterious. I learn boats, fishing, some horses, and many other things in mine home in Russia, but I do not want to spend my life in Russia, with mine father and his family, so I come to make my own life here. I... ah, I do not know what else to say, he said, grinning sheepishly at her. Though he did not keep his eyes glued to the ground, he avoided looking at her face and never made eye contact, instinct forbidding these things as strongly as they had trespassing.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
So wipe that smile off your face, Before it gets too late.
There's only so much time. For you to make up your mind
Word Count :: 000 welcome to cda!

The man endeared himself to Skye as soon as he saw her; although he did not yet know her rank, he still showed submission to her pack. Skye did not require those of lower ranks or those who were loners to submit to her, but it was good to see the polite and courteous side of the spectrum rather than the other. She listened as he spoke - his accent was thick and told a tale far from here. She enjoyed the mysterious accent of the traveler, and listened intently on what he had to say.

He indeed wanted to join their ranks - and Aylu had brought this man here? She would have to remember to thank him later; the pack, although close and bonded together, always could use an extra pair of hands. As Vasiliy, as the smokey man introduced himself as, spoke of his talents, she smiled a grin even wider than the one she had shown him - boats, fishing, horse-tending, all things that they could use. She let out a soft laugh at the last line of his; perhaps slightly unsure, but Skye could see that Vasiliy had a strong heart.

"Well met, Vasiliy," she said warmly. Her dominant position relaxed slightly, subconsciously letting him know that it was alright to relax around her; she was not a dictator, nor did she intend to act like one. "And welcome - Cercatori d'Arte is sure to be a good home for you," she said with a grin. She then stepped further within her borders, indicating that it was okay for Vasiliy to follow. "You are in luck, Vasiliy," she continued. "We have a ship here, as well as many horses - and if that doesn't suit your fancy, well.. the sky is the limit here," she said light-heartedly and yet genuinely; it was true - anything could be done in her Artisan home, as becoming jacks of all trades were what her members did best.

Image courtesy of Gertrud K.

<style>
.GR2_SkyeStar p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SkyeStar b {font-family:verdana; color:#eaa92f; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px;}
.GR2_SkyeStar {background-color:#a40115; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2307/skye1y.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #102834; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SkyeStar .name {text-align:right; font-family:Fredericka the Great; font-size:50px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:40px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_SkyeStar .lyrics {color:#f1e1b1; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:16px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_SkyeStar .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #102834; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[/html]
[html]

(--) ♥ Can end here if want, assume Skye told Vasiliy some stuff? THIS IS A BAD POST AND I FEEL BAD.

Vasiliy is by me!

Perhaps he ought to have been nervous -- there was no anxiety within Vasiliy, however. The granite-furred wolf did not wish to be rejected here, no, but he did not think the chances of such were particularly great. His tail wagged with her praise and he, too, was able to relax just a hair. He wasn't yet thrown out on his rear end -- that was definitely a good sign. Culturally estranged as he was, the dusky-furred man might have made a major faux pas and would not have even realized it.

She spoke, and it seemed he would have a home here. He straightened up a bit, shoulders thrown back, and his grin broadened. I will like it here very much, I think, he declared. Thank you, the dust-colored man said. I will serve well. This was a promise he intended to keep -- while Vasiliy was perhaps not the most industrious of canines, he could show dedication where it was due. He owed it to his new home to provide his strength to them.

<style>
</style>[/html]