Just looking for shelter
[html] all welcome for anyone to join maggie!
edit: 371.

The organic weight inside her body seemed to grow every day. She could feel them squirming, kicking, full of life. Inside of her. Maggie was going to be a mother, and even though it was unexpected she took the news happily. She had become one of those glowing types, as if her skin couldn't hold all the life within her without some spilling out. She knew her and Denver would make a good team together... She counted down the days, obsessively waiting until her little ones would come into the world. She knew Denver had ideas about naming his children; a son, especially. Maggie wasnt sure what she wanted... Having no brothers of her own, she wasn't sure what boys would be like as young things. Florence is a nice name... the pale confidant thought to herself. She had seen it in one of the books she had scavenged with Denver from the city. Memphis, too she thought quietly.

Magnolia had found herself constrained to the ruins recently, not because she was forced to but because her almost constant nausea made her not want to stray far from her home. Since Denver practically moved in, her residence was finally starting to feel like a home. Our home, but before the Confidant could day dream any longer her faithful Kimbra flew in from the hole in the roof, startling her. The Kite squawked loudly, hopping from her perch to her masters bed. Magnolia had yet to get out of bed this morning, choosing to daydream of her life that was soon to start.

The weather was beautiful, and not meant to be enjoyed from inside. "What shall we do today, my friend?" the pale woman had begun to see the patterns of low-speech, but they still were unable to communicate past body language. As if answering, the bird hopped onto her shoulder, even pinching her skin as encouragement. The confidant glared at her friends painful beak for a moment before gracefully getting out of bed, and into the sunny morning outside. Maggie wondered momentarily where Denver had run off to, but she figured he was off doing something important for the family. Their family. The thought rolled nicely off her dainty tongue.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 228 :: I probably shouldn't do this considering all the threads I have, but it seems weird that Ataxia hasn't talked to her former babysitter since she was young.

Ataxia was stuck in Seculi form while she wounded. It would take a while for the dagger wounds on her back and side to heal and she was afraid shifting might make it worse. The scratches on her face had cleared and left only a few faint marks. She couldn't hunt due to her wounds, and she couldn't manipulate objects without her hands. All she could do was pick things up and carry things with her mouth, which was inefficient and got old quickly. Ataxia had initially planned to spend the morning walking along the beach, but she discovered that there were too many shells to tempting her to pick them up, and a mouth of sand was unpleasant.

It was therefore unsurprising that she returned to the ruins, in a slightly fouler mood than before. She had it in her head to bug someone for entertainment - maybe that dog slave that Sirius owned - but wasn't sure who she'd find first. As it turned out, her old babysitter was the first one she spotted wandering among the ruins. The young hybrid grinned and perked her ears, recalling the games they would play when she was young. "Hi!" She shouted, then shot towards her like a bullet to a target. "What are you doing? Where are you going? How are you?" The seculi wolf skidded to a halt, tongue lolling and tail wagging.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Maggie was used to walking around the ruins for hours without seeing anyone. Therefore the Confidant was caught off-guard when one of her old pupsittees came bounding up behind her, spooking Kimbra who instantly flew away in an angry huff. Maggie paid no mind to her quirky bird, however, and let a beaming smile cover her face. It was Ataxia! And she had gotten so big! And it wasn’t even because she was in her Halfling form, she was definitely turning into a beautiful woman and less like the excitable puppy Magnolia had once known.

“Ataxia!” Maggie called out in happiness, glad for the unexpected company. She could barely keep up with the flurry of questions that came her way. “I’m great, sweetie! I was planning on going for a bit of a small walk. Would you like to join me, little one?” Maggie wasn’t much older than Ataxia, but she couldn’t get past the fact that she was now an adult. The old nickname seemed to stick. She hoped her dark friend would join her, the pregnant wolf could use the company.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by haley!

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 193 :: this post is kinda crappy because woo lightheaded

Her tail continued to wag. "Yes. That is good." She didn't even notice that Magnolia had called her 'little one' - or perhaps she simply didn't care. The gray female fell into the 'non-threatening' categories in her mind, since she had known her since she was a pup. It was impossible to think of her babysitter in a competitive light. Perhaps she would if she had to, but Ataxia didn't want to; there were few enough people that she could trust and not worry about being vulnerable, now that her father was dead and the black cloud of grief followed her mother.

"Where are we going?" She asked, out of curiosity and perhaps an attempt to make idle chatter. They hadn't talked in a while, and the destination might reveal something. There, too, was the topic of Magnolia's appearance. She had seen her mother grow larger and give birth to Basilaris and could tell there was something different about the one who had helped raise her, though she wasn't entirely sure that her guess was right. She was dying to ask, but decided to restrain herself in case she took it as rude.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay! Would you mind if we closed this soon? I seemed to have over done it, thread-wise; my internet has been out for four days now and I don’t want to keep ya hanging. Of course, I’d like to continue this for a while before we close it. ^^

Maggie had always known Ataxia had been a little different from her other siblings. Of course, Maggie had always favored Artemisia because of her sweet nature; Ataxia, on the other hand, had always been an enigma to her. There was something dark within her, maybe it was her father shining through. Maggie didn’t know. She still loved her as family, just as she did for all of Eris and Larkspur’s kids.

Tax asked her where she was going, and the Confidant didn’t answer right away. “I’m not too sure,” she said after a while, as she continued to walk. “Where would you like to go?” She asked her friend, still musing to herself. “I can’t go too far or I’m afraid the children will protest,” She gave her friend a smile. How funny it was that not too long ago Maggie’s days were dedicated to taking care of Eris’ children, now the tables were turned and her own babies were on her mind all day every day.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 173 :: she's referring to sea stacks

Ataxia took a moment to consider her answer. "The place with the rocks sticking out of the water?" Perhaps the formations themselves be fascinating enough that Ataxia would not be tempted to pick every shell she saw. Besides, she could think of no other interesting place that was close to the ruins; at least, not a place that she hadn't already been today while shell-hunting. "This a-way." The Seculi wolf wagged her tail, then went north in the direction of Borgata Tecolotl.

"How do your children protest while they are still in your belly?" While Ataxia had seen her mother pregnant once before, she hadn't yet heard of the concept of a pup kicking while still inside the mother. "Momo-" she started to mention the name of the coyote god, then stopped herself. "The gods must have blessed your children if you can hear them while they're still inside. I bet they'll be smart." The hybrid half-grinned, and wondered what it would be like to see the children of her baby-sitter running about.

<style>
</style>
[/html]