Vinatta.
Can I have Less oocly switch to Vinatta orr?
That sounds like a question for Salsolan and Vinatta leaders. :>
Ems! Its wonderful that you want to join our ranks, and thank you for your interest! However, we prefer IC joining so that Less can get acquainted with the leadership! Also, as Less hasn't had a thread with anyone from Vinátta, we feel it would be a tad unrealistic for her to pop up and not know anyone!

Don't worry sweets, you can be our guinea pig for the joining process and welcome pack! This is going to be fun!
Joining another pack is fine on Salsola's end; OOC departure can even be orchestrated, however! Please be aware that leaving Salsola is a bit different from departing from other packs. Leaving Salsola is usually a pretty big deal. o: If Alessandra simply walked away from the pack, especially to join a neighboring pack, it would probably incur some consequences. :c

As per the Leaving section of the Laws page:
Quote:Members are expected to retain membership for life. Leaving without notice is a major offense and considered betrayal of the pack. Rarely, the Colotl allow canines to permanently leave -- this is typically done via exile.
I don't see any reason why the leadership would allow her to walk away peaceably or granting a leave of absence -- Ale has not been a member for Salsola very long at all, and Eris and Sirius both would probably be extremely annoyed by a sudden departure, perhaps so much as to seek retribution against her (and possibly incurring bad feelings between Vinátta and Salsola already DSmile.

However, as per the "Destructively" section there are ways we could plot around this? :3 Alessandra could be thrown out of Salsola for a cultural misunderstanding (which could be quite minor and actually occur in our thread between Alessandra and Eris, if you want). Salsola would not want to seek retribution if this was the case, as ejecting her was "their" decision then. c;

So, thus far, as our options stand:
  • Alessandra leaves Salsola without notice and possibly incurs anger on Salsola's part. This might include threats of physical violence or fighting if Alessandra were to encounter the wrong Salsola member, etc.
  • Salsola exiles Alessandra for a minor cultural offense. This incurs no lingering feelings of resentment other than a general condescension toward one deemed "unfit" for Salsola -- no violence, threats, etc.
We can also discuss any alternative scenarios you've come up with, too, whether here or over PM. We don't actually have to roleplay stuff out, either: I am okay with OOCly switching you to Loner status (and then IC joining of Vinátta) without additional roleplay on either of our parts if that's what you'd prefer. :3

I would just like to figure out what exactly the reason, reaction, and aftermath of leaving might be. ^^ Thanks; please let me know what you think. o:
I decided when I was talking to Wander last night that if Corsair isn't made I'll just get Ksen to join or something. :o I remembered plots I had. xD

But thank you for all of your replies, now I know.