i dreamed i had wings
[html]

FOR SHAW/NIRO <3 Selene is going for a northern lapwing ^ ^ sorry for the crappy post :o

The birds made the Italian giggle softly.They ran about, their heads crested with what looked like a singular feather# There was nests, for sure as it seemed. Maroon eyes followed them as they scuttled through the grass, taking flight in their funny way. However silly they appeared to the girl, admiration for the birds clouded her thoughts. She could see their resilience, their way of living. Removing her jacket, the hybrid brought herself to her stomach. She actually found an interest in these things. She had no meat on her, nothing to tempt and tame these harmless beasts. Fritz would know what to do...Growing confused, the coydog flipped back onto her back and huffed a sigh of exasperation. Other than her mate, she had no other ways of companion...Other than the horse--Who was stubborn and didn't provide anything else than a way of transportation. Getting here and there, wasn't too exciting. Simply a basis of survival.

One scuttled by her tall black right ear, nipping softly at the ground as if the hybrid didn't exist You! Sel cried, reaching to grasp the thing in her hands and hold it softly. It made a mewling warble, scooting almost mockingly out of Selene's way. The loner took in a breath and gave up, You win this time. Still, the bird teased her. It darted from her reach and flitted above her head. She had no knowledge of birds, and surely this behavior was strange. The woman covered her eyes, mumbling a soft yet joking Go away.

The bird lay off for a little while, leaving the bored femme laying in the grass, basking warmly in the spring sun. The bird, Chiassoso as she called it, which was Italian for noisy stayed close by. It had no nest to protect and maybe it had a bit of mischeif to call. Chia. Selene called softly, wiggling a finger in beckoning, Sel helped it forward, almost close enough to touch that silly tuft of feathers. Then it moved out of reach. Again.

<style type="text/css">
.selene b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4f0c1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.selene .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.selene p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.selene {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#1e1614; background-image:url#http://i.imgur.com/Ft3h7.jpg#; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#edc07f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bad+Script);
.niro1Outline {width:470px; margin:0 auto; }
.niro1Left{float:left;width:150px;height:500px;border:1px solid black;background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... otable.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#00CC00;}
.niro1Right{float:right; width:300px;padding:1px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#0E8C3A; background-image: url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px;}
.niro1Top {text-align:right; font-size:9px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Words {text-align:center; font-size:32px; margin:2px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#253874; font-family: 'Bad Script', cursive;}
.niro1Bottom {text-align:right; font-size:9px;color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; width:300px; }
.niro1Input {padding:10px; width:280px; color:#000; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.niro1Input b {color: #31B94D;}
</style>

WC: 221 OOC: Np and does your table have a picture, cause if so it won't load for me. :O

Niro found himself out of his pack again, deciding that Amaranth could handle the pups right now. He wanted a little peace, and needed to mark where the birds were so that soon he could have a word with them. Marahute flew over head circling the area. She was his eyes from above and it didn’t take her long before she found something. Niro hurried over to the spot she closely circled only to find a woman.... and strange looking birds.... He never researched birds other than raptors so this was new to him. He moved quietly, it didn’t seem the birds were concerned about Marahute, though they aught to be, but she was also further up than that of a hunting eagle.

“Hello.”

The feathered wolf said in a calm voice. He didn’t want to scare the birds. It seemed she was playing some sort of game with it. He knew that the biggest thing on a birds mind was food, but this bird was a seed eater, at least he thought so. He didn’t know anything that hunted stuff smaller than a mouse. He looked at the shape of the beak, and thought that no, it wasn’t a seed eater... but his attention was turned right back to the woman who was laying down.

Table by Marie

[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 373
forgot about Kaisa, Selene's crow...Meh I'll mention him here lol. I'm not sure what's up with the table, it's not showing in any of my devices and browsers :o <3

my road to hell is surely paved

The girl was rather irritated with the trickster bird's ways, overhead Kasia circled. The crow squawked once and moved off into the trees, disinterested with the funny-looking birds harassing his companion. Selene shook her head, dismissing the bratty bird. "Chia." The hybrid cooed once more, watching as the little male bird turned towards her again. It seemed as if it would stay just silly games for a while. Another sigh escaped her thin muzzle. The hybrid was growing weary of the silliness. Chia A finger flipped in the direction of the bird, in which flitted away immediately, mewling and crying as if mocking the exasperated Italian.

Sel was startled as a calm voice flooded above the rambunctious chatter of the bird group, flipping herself over on her back embarassed. Playing with birds was also silly in a way, childish above anything. "Hi." A dark lock of raven-toned hair was brushed shyly from her eyesight, murmuring a quick embarassed "They were teasing me...I don't have any food for them--I wanna take one home." Horses were boring and lacking in personality, and her crow was simply a dick. He was overly cranky, nipping at her hands whenever irritated. What she feared most was when he would go for her eyes. It wasn't difficult to anger the crow. "They're cool." Selene concluded, a light-tipped tail swishing shyly behind her. Her eyes averted themselves, finding purchase on Chia. The one bird that seemed to have sought her out. His beady black eyes held a small spark, as if she were something wondrous and new. As if he had pulled all the tricks, that she'd be another victim to his wickedry (which wasn't that bad in a bird's sense).

Sel stood up a bit straighter, looking at the other canine. Overhead she could see his own bird. "Oh! You have a raptor! I'm Selene." A fluffy banner waved behind her hindquarters, pointing happily at her own birds of choice. "That one's Chiassoso. Or Chia, means "noisy" in Italian." She paused for a second, thinking "But he won't stay. He comes over, then flies away." In a nearby tree, Kaisa squawked in protest. As if the slender hybrid had pointedly left him out. "And Kaisa. He's a brat."

<style>
.eris-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.eris-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.eris-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.eris-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.eris-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.eris-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 278 OOC: Sorry about the delay ^^;

Niro smiled kindly at the young woman and took a seat where he stood sitting cross legged. He listened to her as she spoke of wanting to take a bird home and he nodded. It wasn’t easy to catch a bird, they were quick and agile. He looked over at the bird then close to a boulder. It’s beak was straight, not good for eating seeds nor eating animals... not big ones at least. He scootched over cautiously to the boulder that was near him and pushed on it to roll it over. There lay many insects crawling around and trying to get to new shelter. He picked up a thin shelled beetle by one of its legs and smiled.

“This may be the food you are looking for.”

He made no move to get up, but instead threw the beetle towards the bird that she wanted to capture. Then in low speech, he greeted her, and said friends. He wasn’t able to speek very much but enough to make a bird understand what he said. He wasn’t sure if this bird would though, he had never tried to talk to any other than raptors. She did speak of Marahute, though quickly and introduced herself. Niro grinned.

“I am Niro Takekuro, and the raptor up there is my companion Marahute. She is a golden eagle, and a proud bird so just call her by her name and she won’t be offended.”

He winked at the young woman and then turned his eye on the bird to see how it reacted to the beetle that he had tossed its way.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
She was enchanted by the funny little birds. They didn't seem to serve a purpose per se, but yet they were very interesting to the girl. Chia came and went, fluttering nearby as if seeing Selene as a friend, as if pertaining to something that he was unsure of. Who knew if she could trust the black and brown female. The hybrid glanced to the man, seeing him flip a rock over and find something he seemed to find useful. Selene craned her neck to see, curious to see his solution. Mahogany eyes brightened some as he produced a flaxen beetle, seeing the answers now. "Thanks!" Sel yelped, trying not to frighten away the birds. This was Chia's family group. How could she entice the little creature to be hers? But animals were funny in that way. Bonds were easily severed with little pain. She envied them for that. Hadley wouldn't have pained her so much. The scars would be non-existent, never there. But could that make her dead-like? No true emotions but forgiveness and a blind eye to things? Would that say she wouldn't be a good lover towards Fritz?

As the mohawked-man threw the beetle, Sel watched as he spoke to the little bird, fascinated. The bird, Chia scooped the poor little beetle in its beak, eating it and moving closer. It sat right beside her feet, happily looking for more. Its beady black eyes pleaded for more bugs, yet with Sel, laziness wasn't encouraged. "Wow! Thanks!" She searched for his name, listening. "Nice to meet you, Niro. I'm Selene Vansenza." Glancing at the trusting bird, she mumbled again excitedly [B]"so I just feed Chia more bugs like that?"[/B

OOC:I suck
[html]

WC: 241 OOC: is all good Smile

She seemed excited when he produced the beetle, and so did the bird, he couldn’t help but try to hide a chuckle as the bird went wildly for the beetle. It was funny to see the little things do stuff like that. He grinned at her thanks and gave a shrug.

“It was nothing. Birds think with their stomach for the most part, the easier the forage the quicker they will be to stay around. Just the way they are. Then once you are able to get their trust then the part of keeping them is there... just really hard to because yelling at a bird could easily make it leave you forever.”

He said, birds were delicate animals and knew that the song birds were even more so because they were a prey for other animals. He bowed to her when she introduced herself, he would do his best to remember her name. He was interested to see where her relationship with this bird would go.

“It is also very nice to meet you Selene.”

He said with a happy smile on his face. He looked over at the bird she had named CHia and wondererd what made her want one of these birds. They were pretty but that was about all they could really do, but he didn’t complain really, everyone had different preferences and he wasn’t going to judge.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]