Staring down the barrel
[html]
Word Count :: 410 There, got it up for you :p

As evening came the Ninurta began to stir from her light slumber, the golden toned woman felling no better or no worse from having forced herself to sleep for a matter of scarce hours. Maybe it was from having spent so much time with the white queen, but her sleeping habits were beyond ruined, true rest always escaping her clutches at the last moment, not that she'd actually go as far as to call herself an insomniac quite yet, just someone who strived and worked best on a limited amount of sleep. Making her way quietly out of her chamber she peered back into the dark room, ocean eyes filling with unhidden fondness as they sighted the sleeping bird. Normally she'd bring him with her, but Jason wasn't originated from these parts and the cooler temperatures that came with the night did no good to his health.

Briskly she made her way through the maze of tunnels, exiting through the one which lead closest to the stables. Horses were of little interest to the woman, although she couldn't help but admit that they made for awfully handy transportation options. Peering into each stall as she walked she sought out the pretty communal mare, which she had been meaning to speak to Naniko at some point about claiming as hers; for despite her lack of interests in the beast, she could appreciate the beauty in the mare's unique markings. As she noted the already tacked up state of the mare she made a mental note to thank Aphrodite later for doing her the favour. Entering the stool she grabbed the paint mare's reigns and lead her promptly out of the stables and mounted up, making her way over to the village to see what's up.

Arriving at the village she tied the paint up to the fence that divided the training grounds from the rest of the village and began observing how the rest of the garden work had been progressing, cautiously making her way around everyone's work and having a poke here and there before concluding things were going fairly well, if a little slow. Gingerly she retraced her steps back out of the gardens, popping into a few of the storage areas she gathered some paper and writing equipment and made her way over the the fallen statue, promptly seating herself upon the fallen angel with little respect for it's meaning and began to record what she had seen.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
.KMTT_Grace p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Grace b {font-family:verdana; color:#530c01; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70492d 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Grace {background-color:#a45a29; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#1e1b19; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... grace2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:5px 0px 256px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Grace .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Grace .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5b1801; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 1013 :: YOU BETTER HAVE GOTTEN THIS UP FOR ME >:o hahaha ilu <3, you get a long post because you started for me <33

Because Days come and go,
but my feelings for you are forever.

She was awake. Why? Her mind was rushing through thoughts and even within the arms of her soul mate, she was uncomfortable. For once in ever, she was actually uncomfortable with his arms around her. It was probably just because she was thinking too hard about things. She was thinking about her feelings, and why she was still in Anathema after all of this time. Why hadn't she left when she found out that she was pregnant with Lillith? Why hadn't she left after Zera'im died? Was it for the memories now? Panda knew she lingered in places just to remember the things that happened there, so was this what was happening now?

She snuggled into Venom's chest and breathed in his glorious scent. She questioned not her own feelings for Venom, but Venom's feelings for her tonight as well. It was one of those plaguing thoughts that she never really got over. It was insecurity. Insecure about his feelings towards her (even though he had come so far with her) and insecure about her place in the pack. Sure, she was a Corson, sure, she was the only healer in the pack. This meant nothing to her though. She was not needed like the Atheed, Rakeeb, Angelo, Angela. She wasn't even an Empusa. She needed to feel like she was needed, for it as a deep rooted fear for the woman. That, and being alone. These were her ultimate fears. No matter how silly they were, they were legit for the female. It obviously even made her lose sleep over it too.

She closed her eyes, and sighed lightly into his chest. Even in his sleep he could sense that she was awake and her mind was in turmoil. His grasp tightened around her naturally, as if he was trying to smother her aura into being something more peaceful and happy. Panda did not try to move away from him, but her aura did not change in the slightest. Venom could almost feel her negative thoughts filtering into his head they were so "loud" to him. Hazel eyes slowly pushed open, and they looked down at the woman who snuggled against his chest. He raised a hand to her face and pushed the bangs out of her eyes. Why are you so loud tonight, Panda? he asked, the question seemingly not making much sense to others looking in, but to Panda, it made perfect sense of why he would ask this question.

I dunno Venom...There's just a lot of things that confuse me.. she spoke to him, sighing again as she finally looked up at him and she pet his cheek. And what's confusing you to where you cannot sleep with me? the man asked, his voice drowsy, and his eyes begging for her to actually go to bed with him rather than laying there as stiff as a wooden plank. Do you love me as much as I love you? asked the woman, even though she should have known the answer, and she should not have doubted it, she did. and she couldn't help it in a way. With everything that I've been through with you, and I haven't left, what makes you think that I don't love you more than you love me? the male answered her question with one of his own. Sometimes you don't act like it. Sometimes you're distant. she spoke and then he put his hand on her mouth and shook his head. Don't let those thoughts consume you. I'm only distant because you are distancing me, not because I'm distancing you. I'm staying right here, Panda. Don't push me away. he told her and she looked at him. He let his hand go from her maw to her cheek and he let his fingers play with the fur there.

I promise, okay Panda? You're my soul mate, and that means I'll never leave you. he reassured the female. Panda looked at the man and then hugged him and nodded her head. I won't doubt you again. I won't push you away anymore. I promise. she promised to the male. But I do need to get up, and think about things. You should stay here and sleep, and I'll be back later, okay? she spoke to him and she lifted her head. Venom released her and nodded his head. He probably wouldn't sleep while she was gone, just in case she called him, but he let the woman go do what she needed to.

When Panda was released she gave him a kiss before she got up and got dressed in her black studded shorts and Venom's plaid button-up shirt. She grabbed her tote-bag and then she left her den. She took a path that was recently taken by another, but she did not mean to follow it, for she simply was making her way through the caves, and towards the stables. She got to the stables and she took out Korosk, since Vitani was still heavily pregnant (Panda suspected that Vitani was having twins because of how big she was around) and mounted the stallion and rode him around. She started off with patrolling the borders, but quickly lost interest and started to head towards the village. This was a place she barely visited because it was so out of her way, but tonight seemed a good enough night to check the place out.

She was letting Korosk lead her through the village until she had come up towards another Paint Mare and a woman sitting under a fallen statue with a paper and pen in her hand. Panda had seen the woman maybe once before, but she never spoke with the other dread-head that was actually very attractive. Panda's ears perked at the woman and she cocked her head as they approached. The name's Panda. whatcha' writing there? she asked the woman.

<style>
.pandastaff-laine {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.pandastaff-laine img{width:300px; float:right}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.pandastaff-laine p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#704514;}
</style>
image © Alaine!

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 385 Permission to shoot me for being slow <3

Absorbed into the work that was laid out before her, the golden women grew oblivious to her surroundings as much as she could; although the scents and sounds still reached her and registered as familiar, as pack and as such, not worth her attention. If someone actually needed her they would have to draw her attention away from the pages before her, for her works was more important then being a social butterfly with the bunch of buffoons she lived with. Thankfully the wind was light for once and the paper only ruffled barely with the soft breeze that trailed it's way throughout the village; although just to be safe she tucked the majority of the paper and loose items under her thigh so that if the wind did pick up she would not have to go chasing after it like a fool.

Placing pen upon the paper she began to record what she had seen, mere notes that were not required to make sense or be in any order; such things she would do when she returned to the caves, but for now all she wanted to do was recording the progression of the work as she had seen it whilst it was still fresh within her mind. With large strokes she scrawled down the majority of what she wanted to record in a messy handwriting, ocean eyes running over it as she read her notes back through to herself to confirm that she hadn't missed anything of importance. Satisfied with her work she leaned back, placing the paper and equipment on the floor, tucked close to the statue to shelter it from the worse of the weather, head lifting and turning as a voice broke the bubble of solitude she had formed around herself as she worked.

Placing a hand upon her neck she stretched out stiff muscles and raised thin arms over her head, stretching them out to before responding. “Recording the pack's stupidity to report to the Angelo and Angela” she responded, reflecting the women's posture and cocking her head a fraction to, her face perfectly calm despite the rubbish she just spoke, although if the meaning of her words was twisted it could still be true somewhat. “Grace D'Angelo” she offered her name, a slow smile spreading across dark lips.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
.KMTT_Grace b {font-family:verdana; color:#530c01; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70492d 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Grace {background-color:#a45a29; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#1e1b19; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... grace2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:5px 0px 256px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Grace .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5b1801; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 420 :: Panda got offended >.<'

You need people like me, so you can point your fucking fingers
and say "That's the bad guy." So say good night to the bad guy.

When she spoke to the woman, she was not immediately answered. The woman seemed so into what she was doing that it took a moment for her to put everything down, and once she did, she spoke to Panda, answering her question in a....unique way. Panda was not sure if she should be offended, because she was part of the pack, or if she was not included in the "stupidity" as the woman called it. Panda did not think that anything she did was stupidity. In fact, Panda tried to make the best decisions that she could. The woman was pretty, but maybe that was something that was a good thing, while everything else about the woman could be bad. Maybe that was why Panda had not met the dreadhead before. Maybe because she was such a stuck up bitch that she didn't want to talk to anyone and no one talked to her because of the reason. Panda was 'graced' to catch the name of the woman, though at this point she didn't know if she really wanted to communicate with this woman. Something compelled her to stay.

What makes you say that the pack is stupid? There's plenty of luperci here that are actually very smart, so I don't understand where you come from saying that we are 'stupid'. Or that our actions as 'stupid'. Would you like it if we started to call you the resident retard? It's not very nice, is it? the woman defended Anathema with little problem, but in all reality, she was defending herself and her family, for she did not believe that they were stupid, nor were their actions. Sure, Panda knew that some things that some people did were stupid, but to say something as degrading as that to the woman was uncalled for, and this was why Panda got offended. Normally, Panda would have shrugged it off and walked away from the woman, but Panda figured that someone had to put the D'Angelo in her place. I don't mean to sound rude, but within saying that you were recording the "pack's stupidity" you indirectly called my family and I stupid, and I honestly don't appreciate that, because we definitely are not stupid. Nor have we been acting stupid. spoke the woman with a huff as she crossed her arms over her chest and she let her chocolate eyes pin on the woman. Who did Grace D'Angelo think she was?

<style>
.pandastaff-laine {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#704514;}
</style>
image © Alaine!

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 456 Man, how in hells name did she jump to such a conclusion from a figure of speech o.o

Blinking slowly she kept a steady stare in the black and white coloured women's direction, listening to the other unnecessarily rant and pick apart the use of one word in an almost entertaining manner. Not that she would inform the woman of such, jumping to the assumption that the female before her was touchy in regards to others actions and words. Picking faults in the actions of others to make herself feel better perhaps, low self-esteem resulting in the need to drag others down to her level of misery, the reasons behind the woman’s actions was unknown to her and all she could do is speculate, applying things she knew to the situation and hand to see if they fitted or not.

Upon the completion of the woman’s rant she allowed a moment to pass to see if there was anything else she'd like to add before she began speaking. “Stupid, stupidity and similar uses of the word are a form of endearment for me and not meant in the offensive manner you clearly took it in. In no way was I indicating to a whole or a singular canines level of intelligence” she explained levelly, keeping her voice calm as to not set her off on another rant again. “I have been with this pack from it's founding and it's is dear to me and do not mistake that, ever. Do not also question me in how I speak, you may be the same rank as me but I am the keeper of the law here” it was neither a threat nor a warning, a friendly reminder to this Panda as to get her point across, knowing full well some canines got it so deep in their head that they were right they would refuse to listen to her reason.

Sure, her use of the word was strange but then, she fondly referred to friends and family as this 'idiot' or that 'moron', the pack just an extension of that and grouped together as a whole. Although there were a few idiots in the pack, albeit, now that she considered the members with such a thought in mind. “So let me re-phrase my answer to your question. I am making note of how far the work has progressed in the gardens, areas needing to re-done and things that are completed and similar such things” it mildly irritated her that she had to re-illiterate her prior answer, but there was no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill and the golden women seemed to think that by re-answering she could move along with matters and help the black and white women get over her little outburst due to a misunderstanding on her part.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 485 :: It's simple how she came to that conclusion, She simply has not been around people who use the word stupid as an "endearing" word.

One final fight, for this tonight
With knives and pens, we made our plight.

Defenses were thrown up right away, once she had finished with her 'rant' of sorts. Maybe it was because Panda was tired that she was so irritable, or maybe it was because of the fact that Panda never heard such a 'figure of speech' come from someone. Stupid, to her, was always a bad thing. Never was it good. Her ears flattened against her head and her chocolate eyes stared at the woman, a stoney gaze that was not all that common on the face of the monochrome woman. The other went on to speak of how she was around for the founding and that it was dear to her. She then proceeded to 'command' for Panda to not question the way she spoke. Panda noticed that the tone of voice was not of malice, but a 'friendly reminder'. They might have been the same rank, but Panda felt like she could question whomever she wanted of the same rank or lower than she in rank. She expected the same ranking wolves to question her as well. Who gives a shit if you are the "keeper of the law"? I can question you the same as if I would question anyone else. Same rank or lower than me, it doesn't matter. the woman bitterly spoke to the other, not without the bridge of her maw wrinkling as she spoke, to show she was not happy with the friendly reminder she was getting, nor was she particularly happy about the female's use of "stupid". It frankly didn't make sense to her why the girl would use such a word as one of endearment.

The other female then went on to re-phrase her answer to Panda's question. Panda snorted at the answer actually. That answer was much better, but Panda was a stubborn bull-like creature and she continued to think about how this woman could use the word stupid as one of endearment. It took a moment for the woman to realize that she might be able to help with some of these things and her brows unfurrowed and she looked to the paper that the woman was writing on. The words were small, so Panda could not see them from her perch on top of the steed, but she did not make any movement to get down either. Do you have the Marijuana garden charted yet? I've been growing it out separate from the official gardens because I didn't want anyone messing with them when they weren't supposed to....I can show it to you if you'd like. the woman spoke with a sigh as she looked down at the golden female. Her eyes were considerbly less angry, but they were slightly irritated still. She sat stiff on her steed as well, as if she was not relaxed, and she wasn't. She needed a joint.

<style>
</style>
image © Alaine!

[/html]