Tic Tac To
[html]
Word Count :: 271 OOC: May 19th if possible, if this is a bad time let me know Smile I just don't want him having to explain the drinking thing as it's barely begun and we haven't figured out entirely what's going to happen ^^. Jiva is in Lupine form

Jiva’s mind was whirling with things that had happened to him recently. He was picking his way through the forest, not sure where he was going or what he was doing, but his mind was numb. He actually found himself stuck to the border. He was walking back and forth in a pace of a man who had far too much on his mind. Tobias was flying overhead, not sure what to do for the wolfdog. He didn’t want to disturb the man’s internal thoughts and seemed content in just watching over him.

The whole thing with Emmanuelle, it was crazy. He liked her, at least he thought he did. Then again he thought he liked Palaydrin. Emma was such a kind soul when he met her, and when he came to visit him. He felt a bond that they could share, but he didn’t know her and he had went to her to get to know her, to learn about her and understand her. It seemed that the cultures between the two were enough to drive them apart. Jiva sighed, not sure why he was there pacing the borders. Was he waiting for Emma to come back? Did he want to leave and was afraid to step out of the boundaries lest she had one of her pack mates upon him for his words? He didn’t know, but he just kept pacing, head low, not sure what he should do. He growled at himself, his head low, his tail between his legs, the sign of a very unhappy young man who’s thoughts and heart were not thinking straight.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 339 OOC.

The overcast sky made the whole world gray today, and the sable male was more than content to stay in the den to sleep the day away. But something was gnawing at him, it was an absence in the room. Sure there were several members not present, but one in particular stood out. The young husky-wolf who had been on the Alpha’s mind lately had still not returned, even after a couple days away. Zalen was beginning to grow worried, and it was reflected in the anxiousness he felt in his muscles. So, the male stood and quickly moved from the den. He would sniff the boy out, if he had to.

Luckily, it seemed Jiva’s scent was stronger than he had anticipated, in fact, it was wafting on the breeze downwind to Zalen. The youth was close, which meant he was near the pack lands once more. Zalen was relieved at this, but wanted to see the boy with his own eyes and make sure he was alright. Though Vesper helped lead in Inferni, Zalen still did not trust its other members.

The prodigal son had returned, and Zalen was relieved once Jiva came into view. But as he watched the young man pace, he knew something was amiss, the boy’s whole body screamed it. What had happened at Inferni? Zalen’s eye caught movement on the wind and he looked up to see Jiva’s bird; it seemed to be just as wary of confronting the boy as Zalen was. But the Alpha gave a sigh and moved out from the shadows, Jiva. He said quietly, yet firmly. He walked up to the boy and touched flanks with him, Did your time with the female coyote go awry? He held no concern in his face, it was stern, for he did not quite like the idea of his members sneaking off for rendezvous with coyotes. But as he had accepted the other day, when he had spoken with Palaydrian, he would not deny any canine their love for another.

Photo courtesy of neonihil

<style>
.KMTT_Zal3 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Zal3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#454650; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#b2b3b8 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Zal3 {background-color:#e0e1e5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... Zalen3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Zal3 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Zal3 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #522e26; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.KMTT_Zal3 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal3 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 309 OOC:

Jiva had not expected the leader to find him here, nor to be out in such a dreary day, he looked over at the man and gave him a sad smile and bowed his head. He met with his alpha’s eyes for only a short time.

“I think it has... I didn’t expect what I saw and it troubled me. You remember that she had hinted she had killed during the battles in Inferni?”

The young man wanted to make sure Zalen was on the same page. He did not see the concern that his father would give him, but that lifted Jiva more than the affection could do. Zalen knew that Jiva was a grown wolf, and Jiva would have to do what he needed to get over what happened. Jiva would never apologize for his culture, what he was taught, but he would not always sulk so, it would just take him some time. He had been avoiding the den but had been around the pack for a while now, he just didn’t want to bring anyone else down and he was afraid Palaydrin would show him the same courtesy that Emma had.

“She was wearing the wolf’s skull Alpha, it was.... it was barbaric. You should treat the dead with respect. That’s what I learned, I even told her that.

He looked away. His face didn’t hurt anymore but he could remember the stinging pain she had given him at his words agianst her culture. Whatever happened though he knew she was more offended that he liked the other woman just as much as she, but how could he choose someone so quickly? He barely knew either of them and what if Paladrin had nothing in common with him? His mind was a tangle of what ifs.

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 301 OOC.

Jiva met his eyes, but he was not offended. There was sadness there, and frustration, and Zalen felt empathy for the boy. He rubbed the side of his face against the youths neck in a comforting gesture as he spoke. When asked if he remembered the girl hinting at killing, his ears perked and the male nodded slowly. What was Jiva getting at. After a pause, the Takekuro boy told him what he had seen, that Emmanuelle had worn the wolf skull like it was a trophy. Zalen’s ears flattened against his head and his brow furrowed. His eyes strayed to the ground and he felt anger bubble within him.

Just when he was just beginning to change his mind on coyotes, this girl would bring back up all his prejudices about them. He would never, could never, wear the body of another on him like a banner of triumph. What kind of sick, twisted canine could do such a thing? The Alpha was now conflicted; he worried for Vesper, his friend, and all the good canines of Inferni now that they faced a foe that wished to eradicate them all. But if their members wore the remains of their enemies on their bodies or posted them on pikes along the borders, were they truly any better than the Boreas wolves?

Zalen let out a heavy, grumbling sigh and turned his attention back to Jiva, I am sorry, I know you had feelings for the girl. He shut his maw with an audible click. He didn’t quite want to be too sorry that it didn’t work out, whatever Jiva was trying to create with the coyote female. Zalen decided to change the direction of the conversation, You know, Palaydrian seems to like you. Zalen gave the young man a knowing smile.

<style>
.KMTT_Zal3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#454650; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#b2b3b8 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Zal3 {background-color:#e0e1e5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... Zalen3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Zal3 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal3 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal3 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #522e26; }
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 303 OOC:

Remembering his manners his eyes turned to the ground. He was still getting use to the customs and having been able to look into his grandpas eyes whenever he wanted he always had that urge to look anyone in the eye. Zalen seemed to understand where Jiva was coming from when he saw the change in his stance, though Jiva didn’t have to look at the alpha to know that. He just knew. He listened to the advice of the alpha. Yes Jiva did like her, though how much could he truely care for the woman after two meetings? She was playful and happy, even got him excited about medicine and healing others, but beyond that he knew little of her. He moved his head up a little in acknowledgement of his mention of the Soul woman. The other one he had felt some kind of connection for.

“You think so? I- I kind of got that impression but... well it is just so confusing. What happens if i do something wrong, like speak the way I did to Emma? I don’t want to lose a pack sister too.”

He wasn’t going to admit it, not quickly at least, but the boy was scared. He had found that he wasn’t so sure about himself as he had once been. Girls weren’t so complicated before when he was a puppy, in fact they were fun at times, but he had never gotten such a feeling when he was around them, especially when they were in heat. It was just impossible to describe for him. Now he had lost someone he thought could be special all because of his words. Words he would never take back. Those were his beliefs and he would stick to them till his own end.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 285 OOC.

Though the husky boy seemed deep in thought, he nodded to Zalen’s words, and the Alpha couldn’t help but cock his head to the side as he spoke. He was unsure, of how he felt, about both of the females, and Zalen suddenly found himself quite endeared to the boy. He had not been that long ago that he had met Titania, and it had been on the heels of a love lost with Lucia. He had been lucky, that he had not been caught in the triangle that Jiva now seemed to be. But something had gone amiss with the coyote girl, so perhaps that would sway his mind.

Zalen swished his tail behind him like a flag, You will say stupid things, it is inevitable, with you being a male. He gave him a sly grin, But the girl likes you Jiva, don’t let the ‘what-ifs’ hold you back. Explore what you may feel for the girl, and let it go from there. Eventually, you will know what to do. Zalen was surprised with himself, he surely had no real experience to give the lad advice. But, he needed advice either way, and in the absence of the boy’s father, Zalen would have to do.

The Alpha bumped up against the Takekuro male again, Come, let us walk together back to the den, and you can tell me all your worries, if you’d like. There was no sense for them to remain huddled against the invisible line of the borders, their place was back at the den site. Palaydrian was there, as far as Zalen knew, perhaps seeing the lovely girl would make Jiva feel better… or worse, Zalen could not be sure.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 202 OOC: I have to stop with these shorties. So done with this thread then? Smile I don't see where we can go on from here ^^ after your post of course Big Grin

He looked up at Zalen’s comment and saw his smile and looked away again grinning himself at the slight joke, of course Jiva being as young as he was would say stupid things anyway so he wasn’t immune to that entirely no matter how much it was told to him that he would say stupid things they would eventually come right out after forgetting a previous conversation about such things. The words Zalen gave him made him think though. She does like him, but the what ifs were so much easier. Yet Zalen was right, of course he was right he was the Alpha.

“Thank you. I will take your words into consideration. Thanks for everything Zalen.”

He stood and took his place behind Zalen at his proposal to go back to the den. He had been avoiding his pack too much when he should have been right there with them. They were his people, and he knew he could lean on them as they could lean on him. Zalen had just proved that with this very encounter. He was tired, and he missed the comforts of home so he was ready to follow his alpha back.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]