Cold Feet
[html]

Word Count :: 440 OOC:

Fayne couldn't take it any longer. Being confined within pack borders and even then, limiting herself to the confines of the den was driving her insane. It couldn't go on like this forever, it was time to move past this crisis. The border, was the one place she feared the most now. Past there, Fayne was no longer safe from the dangers that lurked in the forest. So to the border she went. The smokey female staggered and limped slowly to where the border was marked the strongest. Forest hued eyes peered deep into the pack land's surrounding forest, wide with intent as if she was expecting someone to be there. Her body was tense, muscles flexing under her plush coat and tail raised in dominance. Ears perked forward and swiveling to catch any sound that may be out of the ordinary. She was met with nothing but birds, the gentle rustle of the leaves as the wind blew threw them, and the subtle scurry of a rodent nearby.

Even though it was peaceful, her mind was racing. Her eyes darted all over the place, paranoia was setting in. It wasn't safe here. Amy could come and simply step over the border without any regards or respect for her Alphas. A simple scent barrier wasn't going to keep this demon out. Fayne's legs began to shake underneath her. The thought of that monster scent her hackles into a frenzy, raising high on her back. She was being petrified by an irrational fear for something that wasn't there and may never come.

It was getting worse, she wasn't defeating her fears or helping herself at all. She was only placing more fear, more worry, and more anger within herself. But, she couldn't bring herself to move, as if Amy was standing there pointing that bow and arrow at her. The movement of a flock of crows nearby sent her into a panic. Fayne immediately turned and ran as fast as she could with three good legs, back to the safety of the den. The whole time, she felt like she was being chased, looking back ever few seconds to see nothing but trees. Once she reached her safe spot she huddled up in a ball of silver and black and whimpered softly to herself. She was nothing but a coward in the face one one Luperci. Left to whimper the thought of her. Unable to fight back because she was too damn weak. Fayne was an emotional wreck in need of repair, but the only one who could fix her was her and she was in no state to do that.

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/133Ll.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Tharin was pleased with the improvements he'd gained. Not just relying on instinct anymore he was a lot more powerful in his movements. The change wasn't visible, as he'd always been a muscular wolf, but he held himself taller, more strength in his form. The dominant air he'd always carried had a new ring of confidence. Tail swaying behind him he moved through the pack. Kiara was here as well now, so he was able to concentrate more on his pack, his attention no longer divided worrying over the young mother's needs.

Picking up Fayne's scent Tharin slowed. She had hidden herself away after the attack. He knew that it had been bad, one of the reasons why he'd trained himself with battle. He followed the scent, deciding to check up on her. Finding the curled up mass shivering Tharin whined softly. She was a wreck! Leaning down he licked at her body, wishing that she would uncurl. It's alright. We won't let Amy near here. If I see her Tharin growled deeply I'll kill her.

<style type="text/css">
.thar1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4cc91; text-shadow:#201b10 1px 1px 2px;}
.thar1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.thar1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#9e8e69; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/T5vgO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #514731; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ded4bc; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.thar1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.thar1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.thar1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::

Fayne was trying to shut down the thoughts of Amy that ran through her. her head. She had her eyes squinted shut and had her head buried into her front paws. Her tail was tucked underneath her tightly with her ears pinned to her head. Her whole body was quivering, like the blond Luperci was standing over her with a knife in hand ready to carve another pretty picture into Fayne's flesh. In this state of cowardice, the outside world did not exist. Only the figments of her scarred imagination. So, when Tharin came up to her, her body jolted skittishly sending her body to curl up even tightly. All her muscles tensed at his touch. Once she realized it was Tharin who's lick was trying to calm her, she relaxed a little but did not dare not move. His voice was soft and calming, up until he growled that he would kill her. The angry part of Fayne wished her dead too, but then it would make her no better than the vile Luperci. At this point, she didn't care.

With an uneasy voice, Fayne spoke. Her words were muffled by the placement of her head. "I-I thought if I went to the borders. I could move past this..." Fayne whined softly. "But, she's out there. I know she's there." She obviously wasn't thinking clearly. Amy was nowhere near the borders. The only think that lurked in those forests, was the dreadful thought of her. Tharin couldn't be the one to kill her if it came down to it. Fayne had to be the one. She wanted to be the one who made her feel the dread and pain that she had felt. "No Tharin, I'll kill her. I swear it." A deep growl rumbled from the normally gentle female's chest. Amy would pay, by Fayne's claws and teeth.

<style>
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/133Ll.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

The tight ball of fur only tensed even more at Tharin's assuring touch. That was so wrong, seeing such a gentle wolf scarred like this. She had been so strong after so much, and now this had happened to her. His anger was deep, needing to protect the pack and drive away the monster that had done this to her. She did relax a little, listening to what he was saying. Fayne even spoke up, if the words were muffled and blocked by her head being buried under all the fur.

She won't come close. Tharin growled again, surprised at Fayne's bold statement. She would kill this female? In such a vulnerable state? Well, at least it was a small step forwards. Nuzzling at her Tharin laid down next to her. Alright. You can take her down. She won't come near you again. No more pain, no more fear, no more scars. If I have to, I'll help. You're not alone. He licked at her again, hoping that she might uncurl.

<style type="text/css">
.thar1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#9e8e69; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/T5vgO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #514731; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ded4bc; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Even in this curled up state, Fayne was emotionally raw. A simple journey to the border and she was sent back to the den now a quivering mess. Her mind kept replaying the situation with Amy, if only she could have done things differently. Maybe she should have approached Amy with more caution rather than teeth bared in a fury. If so, maybe she could have left Amy with a horrendous scar instead. Fayne's slender head swayed back and forth between her legs, eyes still shut tight as she looked for any silver linings on this situation. There was none. She was a weak scared wolf who couldn't defend herself against one lone Luperci. A quiver ran down the silver female's spine, all the way to the tip of her tail. Her own mind taunted and teased her, only leading her into further emotional unbalance.

Sure, Tharin was here, trying his best to calm her. But she was past that. When she first came back, he had tried to be of help and he was. She had failed to let the reality of what had happen hit her, until today. Her own fears and emotions were plowing her down with a mental force so strong she couldn't contain it any longer. Tharin's voice broke her thoughts as a growl, a promise that Amy wouldn't come near New Dawn. The moment his muzzle came to touch her, she could feel tears beginning to well up behind her eye lids. His mass of a body squished up against her, his warmth was inviting her to simply let the tears stream. No! She wouldn't let them, she was stronger than that. Fayne's throat began to ache from holding back the flood of tears that dared to escape her. She listened to his words, but she was afraid that if she tried to respond she wouldn't be able to hold herself together anymore. She was a house of cards, one breath and she would be sent tumbling. "Kay..." Was the best response she could muster, even so it was barely audible and incredibly shaky. His lick was the breaking point. Behind the wall she had created, keeping her head buried in her paws, she let the tears fall trying so hard to keep quiet.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

The trembles through her body continued, Tharin waiting sympathetically. She'd been attacked, and had managed to come back. She'd acted so strong through this. He was here though. Him, and the pack. They would take care of her. They would make sure that her fears were vanquished. His simple lick seemed to break something, and her body was heaving. Not with fear, but the shuddering of a body full of sorrow.

This was his first time seeing tears. Tharin spent a few minutes panicking, trying to figure out why water was leaking through her eyes before realizing that it was a form of showing sorrow. Sighing with relief Tharin licked at her face, tasting the saltiness with mild curiosity. Luperci were certainly strange. Doing his best to comfort her Tharin stayed at her side, just letting the sorrow work it's way through. It's alright. You don't have to stand strong now. I'm here.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :

There were several intense moments after the first tear fell from Fayne's wolfish eyes. Though she was trying to hide her damp face with her paws, it seemed that it wasn't working. Tears were strange, no doubt. Even she, the first time she had cried, had been baffled by it. Asking herself why there was a flow of salty water streaming down her face, always accompanied by intense emotions. It was a human act, one of the many curses of being a Luperci which is why she felt she needed to hide it. But, it was much too late for that. Tharin had found her out. It was blatant, her small figure quivered with each silent sob. His massive head came in to lick her wet face, sweetly accepting the oddity of tears coming from a wolf. She leaned into him, soaking up the comfort he was offering.

His words gave her the confirmation she needed to simply let it all go. The sorrows and frustrations she had been keeping to herself for weeks were draining from her body in a rush. Tears still streaming, Fayne unfurled slightly from her fortress. Liquid filled eyes told exactly what she was feeling. The silver mess pushed her head into Tharin's chest, trying to wipe away the endless tears. They wouldn't stop, she would just have to let them flow until there were none left. "Th-thank you." She could barely catch her breath long enough to speak two words. Unattractive sobs and whines continued as the dreadful occurrences replayed in her head. She took a breath and attempted to speak again. "I don't know why....I, couldn't do anything against her. I was so scared, I couldn't move." A few more sobs were let loose, she was a total mess. Even though Tharin knew she was crying, she wouldn't let him see her. She kept her head firmly pressed against his chest while she spoke. "I should have been able to defend myself."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Fayne uncurled at last to his relief. He'd been so worried about her. Dealing with such things was not his strong point. It had always been Akira that had soothed and made sure that everything was okay. Tharin had simply hunted and fought. Even at the end Akira was the source of comfort, telling Tharin that it wasn't his fault, even as she slipped away piece by piece. To have something he said actually work and not make things worse was a relief. He found himself facing a wet face with eyes full, looking rather puzzled. Now what?

Her head pressed into his chest, the water continuing to flow. Tharin licked at her head reassuringly, not too sure what else he could do for her. The water didn't seem likely to stop, flowing down and gradually soaking his fur. He could actually feel dampness from it. He nodded his head at the thanks, doing his best to look like he had a clue what to do next. Tharin felt absolutely wretched that he hadn't been there, hadn't been able to stop it from happening. He nodded his head at the last few words. Finally, something he understood. Fear makes one act differently than one might hope. You can learn to combat it though, and fight even when you're afraid.
[html]

There were several more minutes where she felt the tears would never subside. Tharin was quiet, simply nodding in response to her words and acknowledging her thanks. What would she do without him? He was always here when she needed him. He was the first wolf she met when she came to 'Souls, then he had joined New Dawn as well. Every time she was having a tough time, he was there. A small smile shone through her tears as she thought about all those times. Fayne pressed her head further into him. Having him here talking her through this was obviously having an effect on her. The tears were starting to dribble instead of flow and she was coming out of the hysteria. The fear, frustration, and anger were all dissipating the longer she sat here with him. She kept swishing her face against him trying to wipe them away for good but she could help a new flow of tears when she let her mind wonder back to Amy. At least now, she knew they would end.

Tharin finally spoke, her ears slowly began to move back to their upward position on her head intently listening to him. He was right. Although fear was unavoidable, the way you react when scared can be altered. Fayne finally showed her face, she turned her head so that she could look up at the large earthy wolf. Her face was wet, but the tears were no longer streaming and she had some hope in her eyes. "I've always been able to hold my ground in a fight...I'm not sure what was so different about that day, but I'm going to learn to ignore the fear like you said." She gave a small smile before diving back into his chest to dab away the remainder of the tears. "I have to get started training. I don't want to be caught off guard again." Although she was still a bit emotional from her outburst, she was determined. Finally, she took her face out from his plumy fur and rested it on his paws.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Amazing avvie

Her ears slowly rotated, coming back out from their tucked shell. Something was having a good effect on her. He stood as strong as he could, hoping that this would end soon. There was a lot of water, and the first thing Tharin wanted to do after seeing that was get her something to drink so that she wasn't dehydrated. He felt like having a drink as well after that. Her head finally pulled off from his soaked chest. Someone would think he'd been splashing in the water from how damp it was. He looked her in the eyes, tail wagging softly.

Her eyes were still very watery, but he saw a little bit of hope in it. His tail wagged as she spoke. Definitely something he could relate to. Fighting and hunting. That was what he understood. He held still as the last of the tears were brushed away on his coat. He nodded his head at her words. I can help you with that. First though, you need to rest. You look pretty worn out. After that we can start. He nuzzled her and settled down to wait.
[html]

Word Count :: OOC: Aww, thank you. :3 Crap post. Tongue

The slight heaves that accompanied crying finally were coming to a stop. She tried to wipe her face clean of the salty liquid by means of rubbing the wet spots on her own dry paws. It wasn't doing much. She looked up at Tharin, he seemed to be glad her crying was finally over. She was too. She felt as though she was burdening him with her tears but it could't be helped. He didn't seem to mind too much, nodding to her words and even wagging his tail a bit. Seeing that made her own tail thump behind her.

His answer left a inquisitive look on her face. Tharin could fight? She hadn't been aware of it. Even so, it was just as well that someone close to her could help her become stronger. Better even. Now she didn't have to go in search of help, the help had come to her. He wanted her to rest but all she wanted to do was get started. He was right though. Her eyes were extremely heavy after releasing a waterfall from them and she hadn't rested well in weeks. The least thing she could do was listen to him and get some rest. "Okay, only for a while. I can't waste much more time." She threw him a wide grin completely content now. That breakdown was exactly what she needed. All those pent up emotions were causing nothing but trouble. She was still terrified to go to the border afraid that Amy would be lurking, but she was now ready to face it. Next time she would hold her ground. Fayne rolled over on her side and rested her head on the soft floor of the den while she gazed at Tharin. "I never knew you could fight." After that, she let her eyes shut. She was met with nothing but blackness. No evil grins or chilling eyes, just the back of her own eyelids.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Fayne's tail wagged a little, re-energized by the cry. It was odd how letting one's sorrow out always left one feeling refreshed, if needing a good sleep afterwards. He nodded his head, pretending to agree. Tharin had a feeling she would be sleeping for longer than a little while though, especially after all that. He smiled calmly down at her, tail wagging a little more at the joy in her tail. Things would be alright now, no more emotional trouble for him to try and puzzle through.

The female slowly rolled over, eyes locked on his before they finally drooped shut. With Fayne fast asleep Tharin stepped over, making himself comfortable. Closing his eyes Tharin let himself join her in sleep, ears and nose still alert. Everything would be fine. He'd train her, and life would be well. His tail thumped once more as he listened to the world, standing guard even as he slept.