Basics for Birds
Tehu was turning into a beautiful, very active bird. Despite the fact that he could only glide, feathers not yet far in enough for flight, he was managing to get to all sorts of places, leaving her to run after him. Tehu was obedient, thankfully, but Dalgina's grasp on how to give commands was not the best. Her only real experience in it was bossing Pandora around, and she listened to everyone. Tehu glided a short distance ahead before hopping along, chasing after some poor mouse that he'd spotted. Dalgina knew that he probably wouldn't catch it, giggling at the sight.

Finding a comfortable spot Dalgina sat down, taking out some paper and the charcoal that she used so much of. Looking at Tehu she smiled, beginning to do the rough outline. First the head, then the wings, bent as he pounced down in his hop. He looked very eager, trailing after the creature. His tail came next, fanned out behind him with talons outstretched. The outline completed Dalgina began to fill him in. Tehu altered in the picture, wings fully fledged and feathers filled out. It was a look of grace Dalgina attempted to capture on his face, though it was harder than she would thought, going over the lines again and again.
[html]
Shaadkasd

Io had left the tribal pack lands for the first time in forever. It seemed that any spare time she had now was filled up by that same thing her working time was filled up with. Dealing with Aniwaya's abundance of animals. Training a llama and finding its capabilities was hard enough, but sorting out chickens, ducks, sheep, cattle and horses, was truly difficult. But Io found it easier to pin herself to one task and focus on it solely. It allowed her to forget about all the rest of her problems. Like the obvious fact Jaroslaw didn't want to be room mates or even friends with benefits any more. He really had grown up. But while she was tempted to accept his in verbal pleading, she couldn't help remembering her sons and Aeron. She didn't even know where they were to run it by them and she felt as if it would be rude to them if she shacked up with someone without their approval. And she still felt betrayed by the golden woman of course.

Soon enough, after walking in her secui form for what felt like ages. She came across a somewhat familiar sight and scent again. 'Dalgina...' she purred, gently. Offering up a truly happy smile. 'I have not seen you in a while. Your all grown up'. Perhaps it was somewhat of a lie, but last time they'd met she hadn't been up on two legs.

<style>#kae-lights b {color:#EBA102;}</style>[/html]
Dalgina looked up, finding a red and white dog walking towards her. She didn't recognize her, as their meeting had been brief and only once. Someone else from when she was a young child, she supposed. Knowing her name was a pretty good indication of that. Tehu hopped over, looking at the female. Dog. Dog is fine. Tehu fine. She looked over with some surprise. Dalgina knew that Tehu could talk, but he'd never said more than a couple words before. This wasn't much either, but more than she'd heard from him before.

A soft whistle brought him to her shoulder, peering over at the rough sketch before looking up at the stranger again. I'm sorry, I don't remember you. You're from Ichika? She looked her over shyly, not really too sure what she was supposed to say to her. Dalgina usually avoided talking with strangers. She always felt so uncomfortable. This one knew her though, so she couldn't just excuse herself and leave. She would stay there and chat if she could figure out what it was they could talk about.
[html]
Shaadkasd

'Pretty bird... Kestrel if I am not mistaken?' she mused gently. Not at all surprise that girl didn't recognise her. The bird didn't look to old, hardly any flight feathers and still quite small. But, never the less, the creature was indeed beautiful. Her father's bird had still been more impressive, but then again it had been an large white eagle. And fully grown last time Io had seen it. 'You need any help with him?' she questioned, sitting down metre or so away from the girl and her bird. The only bird she'd seen captive since leaving home was the pigeon in Aniwaya, and she was still sceptical on how the hell to get the thingy to work, or even carry messages. Perhaps she could find someone else to help her with it.

'My name is Io. You helped me with that garden thing in Ichika. You were quite young then though, I am not sure if you would remember it..' The red and white pelted hybrid woman mused. Her lips twitched downwards at the thought of Dymtr. Almost hoping Dalgina didn't bring it up. Though she probably would. And so Io would face it like an adult. Despite feeling as if her heart had been ripped out all over again. Io turned to Dalgina and smiled gently, before turning her eyes back to the baby bird.

[html]

out of character

Dalgina beamed at the praise for her beautiful raptor. Tehu looked around to see if someone else was the object of discussion before accepting the praise and puffing up. Asked if he was a kestrel Dalgina shrugged. I'm not too sure. I didn't ask. She really should have, but Dalgina had been young at the time and had simply selected what she thought of as the one most likely to grow up to look like Grynn and Fawkes. Tehu certainly had the red hue, but the blue didn't match at all.

The young female nodded her acceptance at the explanation. That made sense. No memories triggered forwards, the meeting making no more impression on Dalgina than a fly did that rested on an ox's ear. Asked if she needed help with Tehu Dalgina studied the bird. I'm not sure. I think he's healthy...he flaps his wings a lot, but he can't catch anything. I try feeding him mice and stuff. She looked over to Io, hoping for some advice on what to do better.

<style type="text/css">
.dalummg .space {float:right; height:250px; width:350px;}
.dalummg b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffeaf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#495651 1px 1px 2px;}
.dalummg b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.dalummg b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.dalummg p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.dalummg {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:700px; min-width:500px; background-color:#b9d9cc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/dGkFz.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #495651; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#495651; line-height:16px; border-radius:10px;}
.dalummg .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
make this a short thread?

Io looked at the bird closely, 'Well, I would say it is. And a very nice one at that' she mused gently, not wanting to scare the creature. 'My father used to have a bird. But it was a big, huge white eagle'. She didn't use used to imply the bird was dead however, merely that she was unsure whether he still had it because it has been a good year or so since she'd been home. And odds were likely it would be a long time time she went back. If ever. Io smiled as the bird puffed up, accepting the praise. 'And it looks like he knows it' she beamed, reaching out with her index finger to slowly pet the creature.

Looking at the creature she nodded. And while she was no bird expert she understood what was healthy and what was not. 'Well, he looks fine. Beautiful feathers and he seems intelligent enough. Of course, it will take time for him to grow in a nice set of flight feathers. But as long as he is trying to fly that is a good sign. Just do not let him injure himself in any attempts. You do not want his wings broken, because that would be like a death sentence'. Well, not always. But it would render him fairly useless for anything short of a companion. 'Mice are good, rats too. And chicks if you can get them. Just increase the sizes as he grows and make sure to instil some hunting instincts in him'. Io stood up and brushed herself down.

OOC: sure. you need four more posts, yes?

IC: So he was a kestrel. That made sense. Fawkes was a hawk, so of course they looked different. Realizing she'd never seen any kestrels before Dalgina fell at a loss. She didn't have any way to know what would happen with him. Dalgina had assumed he would grow big like Fawkes and Grynn, but if he wasn't the same kind of bird, Dalgina didn't know what he would be like. She looked over as Io spoke, explaining that her father had a bird. A different kind again. There were certainly lots of different kinds of birds. Dalgina hoped she could learn about them all. Be able to name them and understand them and speak with them.

Tehu hesitated as Io stretched out to touch him, but Dalgina chirped softly, reassuring him that all was well. He let her pet him, a little nervous if enjoying the gentle touch. The black girl nodded her head, listening as she spoke. Keep him from hurting himself. Told that he was doing well was a relief. Dalgina loved Tehu, wanted him to stay with her for a very long time. Feeding Tehu baby birds shocked Dalgina a little. She loved birds too much to want to do that. How do you teach him how to hunt?
[html]
No, I only needed five in total Smile

Her father's bird had been a temperamental, egotistical creature. Io was sure that the preferential treatment her father gave the creature had soiled it's hard working mind. Of course it had been trained to hunt, but it beauty led the white eagle to sit in the hall way as nothing more than a fancy living ornament. Of course, living in an entirely fucked up civilisation had it's upsides. Having a snowy white eagle brought prestige to the family, the mystical animal from the famous coat of arms. In fact finding such an animal brought attention to her mother and may have been the reason her skills were high lighted. Leading t her becoming the Szef and not just a council member.

'Put meat on a piece of string and encourage him to make chase. And when he starts flying hang it somewhere reasonable high. Finally when he can fly perfectly put food high up and far away, throw it if you want and let in hunt that way' Io explained fluidly, it was almost as if she knew everything about this creature. Really she only knew the odd titbits her father threw at her.

Dalgina listened as Io spoke. She wanted to remember this. Tehu would be a great hunter, she was sure of it, but someone had to help him. Dalgina could hunt for herself, chasing rabbits and other various small animals. She couldn't hunt bigger ones, having never actually participated in a group hunt where she had the chance to do so. Tehu would be a fun hunting partner though, with him swooping down from the sky and Dalgina flushing them out from the ground.

A sharp cluck from Tehu drew Dalgina's attention. The pup listened for a few minutes as he mentioned Fawkes teaching him. Of course, there would be that. The other raptors could help him as well. Tail wagging Dalgina grinned at Io. Thank you. Tehu nuzzled at her ear, looking over her art. Dalgina looked down, knowing that she had to finish that off. Humming softly she began again, trying to capture the expression. Glancing up once more her tail wagged. It was good to see you Io.