I've ran my colors dripped down and drained out
[html]Being vague about which house is his, cause IDK what the deal with that is yet. XD also, this is for someone from vinatta I haven’t threaded with yet? AKA NOT JESS OR HONEY EVEN THOUGH ILUGAIZ EZRA NEEDS TO MEET NEW PPL XD. Excuse Ezra being all sad and shit. Short cause I suck.
Edit: (300)

It had been too perfect. After just a few short weeks of living at the commune, here they were re-starting in a completely different area of the world with a group of canines he barely knew. It wasn’t something the husky had ever imagined possible… he never thought he would get the chance to found something with his friends. It made the man’s barrel chest swell with pride, as he overlooked the new pack territory from his location, far from the earthen homes. Ezra sat bent over, head drooped. All of this had been such a gift, a wonderful experience… but was it worth the cost? If Ever hadn’t left, he never would have left the Court, and he could have still had his pride intact.If only, the hybrid mused, mammoth paw irritably digging in the dirt beneath him.

He couldn't be mad at her anymore. The last year had him going from mood-swing to mood-swing, with a brief happy interlude with Barry where he was usually too intoxicated to remember his pain. Eli was finally acting like a kid again, Ezra knew that at the very least he should be happy for his son, because he got a chance to start again and hopefully forget the injustice done to him. But Eli's stunted size was just another awful reminder of Ever's departure; if she hadn't left, he would have grown into his full potential. Instead, Ezra raised a child with a deformity. Eli was weak, he knew, and probably wouldn't be able to do much in his life. The secui hybrid snarled at that thought, fuming at the bitch he once loved with every ounce of his body. Perhaps his anger was a little displaced, but it made the gaping hole in his heart become just a little more manageable.

[/html]
[html]

I have been wanting to nab this thread for a week now, but I had other replies to catch up with first. xD WC: 377

Starting a new life in such an unfamiliar and magical place appealed to Colibri for many reasons. The simplest explanation was wanting to get to know Lilin, the younger sister she had only recently discovered. But there were deeper motivations, things she did not want to share with any of her new packmates yet. Like the depression she was just barely holding back over the news of her baby brother's murder... or the painful breakup she had never really dealt with, and the regret she now felt for having been cowardly enough to abandon her lover in the first place. Then there was the guilt over the poison she had been forced to use, trading her captors' lives for her own in an exchange she now felt was too unequal. She was such a broken soul, incapable of putting the pieces together herself. The thought of sharing her secrets with her packmates frightened her; they would lose any respect they had for her if they knew all of her stories. They were all so young and optimistic, full of life and not yet crushed by the weight of it all.

And yet, as Coli walked idly through the territory she now called home, she knew she could not continue feeling sorry for herself indefinitely. She wanted to prove her worth here, to be an equal to all those willing to stand by her side. She had failed in several packs before, but she had to learn from her mistakes -- she wasn't getting any younger or prettier, and this could be her last chance to establish herself somewhere before she was branded a loner forever. Lost in her thoughts, the Optime wandered through the grass, leaving the Jordheim houses behind her. A familiar figure drew her attention -- she had stumbled upon one of her packmates here, the only one who seemed to prefer his four-legged form. Saul had introduced the big male as Ezra, father of little Eli. Coli flinched as she heard the halfling abruptly snarl, his guttural masculine voice startling a squeak of fright from her. Of course he was not growling at her approach, and she wilted with embarrassment, knowing he must have heard her timid reaction. So much for a new start.

[/html]
[html] Thank you so much for replying! Colibri is so cute! :3
(312)

Ezra was so caught up in his hate and thoughts that he almost didn’t hear the squeal coming from behind. At first he thought it was his son, but he knew Eli wouldn’t have let out such a noise, it was too feminine, even for him. Ezra sighed, feeling slightly embarrassed about the way he acted as she approached. While he assumed he was alone, he shouldn’t have assumed he would be alone forever, and his aggressive action could have ruined a first impression. Ezra still sat where he was, but turned his mammoth head to look at the figure behind him.

He saw the chocolate girl that had been introduced to him just a little while ago. She seemed nice, but very soft spoken and so he didn’t know all too much about her besides her name. “Colibri,” he said softly, now turning his whole body to look at her. “I hope I didn’t scare you,” and he meant it. He liked her, liked the rest of his new pack, and was hoping to not start on the wrong paw with anyone. Even the timid ones like her needed all the kindness he could muster at the present moment. He knew his appearance wasn’t the most welcoming, and so he wanted them to view him as someone they could trust, not fear.

“Would you like to join me? I don’t think we’ve had the opportunity to talk much since we arrived,” While Ezra’s mind temporarily focused on the woman before him, he was put at ease by her presence and even let a hint of a smile show on his worn face. He turned back to his beloved pack lands, bi-colored eyes surveying all the land before him. Another sigh left his black lips as the summer wind tousled his dark fur.

[/html]
[html]

<333 My pleasure, Ezra is awesome! WC: 376

Coli's ears fell back at an anxious angle, shame and embarrassment written clearly in her expression. She had not intended to make her packmate uncomfortable, or give him the wrong impression of her; it was just an instinctual reaction to perceived aggression, conditioned by her history as a loner and her aversion to men. "Ezra... sorry, I can be a little jumpy sometimes. It wasn't your fault." She smiled apologetically, trying to smooth her raised hackles and calm down. She knew there was no logical reason to fear him -- he had always been polite towards her, and obviously cherished his son greatly to raise him as a single parent. Even if she knew just the basics about him, he must be a good guy to have earned Saul's trust. It was just difficult sometimes to see past appearances, and Ezra's was that of a large, powerful male capable of rending her limb from limb, much like the Secui that had taken her tail.

"I'd be happy to join you," Coli replied as she sat gracefully beside him in the grass, wanting to repair the fraying connection between them. It was true, she had not been very sociable; with the exception of Lilin, she had not really spent time with any of her new packmates. She wanted to be accepted by everyone, and yet the thought of them discovering her true depths frightened her off. She was silent for a while, merely enjoying the presence of another soul beside her, and the warm breeze that scudded across the field. Ezra's sigh, his weary posture, and the snarl he had let slip when he thought he was alone told her the beginning of a story; some torturous inner conflict he was struggling with. She had no intention of prying, because she could barely handle her own baggage right now. If he wanted to talk about it, she could be a good listener... but only if he wanted to trust her. She settled her chin onto her knees, hugging her arms around her legs. "This place really is something special, isn't it...? It's all so surreal. Hard to believe I'm a part of it," she admitted with a small smile, surveying the grand view of their new home.

[/html]
[html]

Something must have happened to her, for the other Hollr to be so skittish and flighty. Ezra’s mind went wild with possibilities but he chose to stop entertaining the nagging images in his head. She seemed like a sweet creature who didn’t deserve the treatment she got. He also noticed her tiny tail for the first time since they met. Ezra almost winced, he couldn’t imagine losing such a valuable part of his body.

At Colibri’s words, the man nodded..I know, he said smiling. When Saul told me he wanted to start a pack, I never even imagined it would turn out like this, As happy as he was with his new home, he wanted to know more about the elusive woman before him, not make small talk. After a few moments he asked the question that was burning in his mind. So what’s your story, Colibri? It was very forward, but he was curious. Lilin told him virtually nothing about her shy sister.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly27 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f48335; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #254e27; }
.freebjuly27 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly27 {margin:0 auto; width:484px; background-color:#04b96a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7YD8K.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b052c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly27 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly27 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC: 557

The brown and cream wolf nodded easily at Ezra's words, feeling the same sense of disbelief and wonderment towards Vinátta and Saul. Saul had extended the invitation to her when she was at her darkest, based solely on the knowledge that she and his cousin Lilin were related, and she had nowhere else to go. It was quite a leap of faith, since he knew next to nothing about her, and yet... the sheer kindness of his offer was enough to earn her loyalty. Saul had a gift for bringing people together that way. She wondered how he and Ezra met; she knew their sons were playmates, but had no idea how long they had been together. "You can call me Coli, if you prefer," she added, smiling shyly. The nickname sounded more familiar, less formal than the grandmother she had been named after.

"M-my story?" she stammered, slightly taken aback. Did she have a story? Where to begin? She hadn't told anyone in the pack much -- Lilin knew the most, and that was only because she wanted to know about the dreadful father they shared. It wasn't necessarily that Coli had anything to hide, it was just... for once, she wasn't getting the stares of pity she had in Dahlia de Mai, or even Crimson Dreams. It was nice being seen as an equal, rather than someone so pathetic she needed others to protect her. "I haven't really done anything interesting..." she trailed off, fiddling with a blade of grass. "I've been in a couple different packs before this one, but... they didn't work out. Spent the last two years on my own, since... well, I couldn't seem to stay in a pack." She tried to keep her tone light, but it was hard not to let the melancholy creep into her voice. Cowardice ran deep in her, and all her failures could be traced back to that regretful flaw. Sighing heavily, she tilted her face upward, staring into the deep blue of the sky as though it held the answers.

"To be honest... I... I screwed up. I almost had a mate, and children, but it fell apart because of me. And then I ran away instead of trying to fix it, and it took me this long just to return to the east coast. You... You're lucky to have your little boy," Coli added with heartfelt sentiment, and more than a little jealousy. She was past her prime now, and further than ever from starting a family. It hurt so much to think of Anu and her sons, the happy ending she had rejected. She never should have left. She was trying very hard to start a new life here, but it took a lot of effort not to imagine what she could have had elsewhere.

"I guess it just wasn't meant to be, for me I mean," she mumbled, settling her chin back onto her knees. "My relatives are all pretty messed up, me included. Probably better that I didn't have pups." After a moment she winced internally, realizing she had come across in a very bitter and unpleasant manner. She wanted to be friends with Ezra, not whine his ears off. "Um... do you... have a story?" she asked timidly, hoping he had not grown weary of her dull company already.

[/html]
Sorry for the wait. And you get a post while I'm on my lunch break!

The Hollr sat and listened to his packmate's story. He tried to not throw his own biases at her because of his own past experiences with creatures just like her. She seemed incredibly sad, especially when she mentioned the family that she almost had. Ezra pinned his ears back at the mention of her pup abandonment. It took every ounce in his body to not scream at her to return to whatever family she had started. As the male was on the receiving end of such treatment, he chose to stay silent. He liked Coli, and didn't want to add to the guilt she must already have deep down. Her mistakes were none of his business. And they were a family now, so he would be forever on her side.

"I hope you don't leave us, too," Ezra said carefully. "While you may have made mistakes in the past, you are here now with a loving, accepting family. I think we're all looking for a fresh start." he hoped his words would comfort the skittish woman. But then she asked him what his own story entailed, and the hybrid laughed. "My story isn't very interesting. I was born way up north, humans called it Newfoundland. My extended family was pretty insane so my parents moved us a little away from the camp and completely started over. We came from a line of sled dogs, a long long time ago when humans were still around. Anyway, I left to start my own life after that, found my way to Cour des Miracles after a while. Fell in love, had little Eli." he paused for a moment. Mentioning Ever would be a mistake at the moment.

"I left the kingdom in November and moved up near Halifax to my friend Barry's place. That's how I got to these crazy kids. Lilin was there by the time I moved in but Saul was one of the last arrivals before Barry left. And then we call came together to create this place." he smiled at the dark woman. He hoped his story hadn't been too boring for the other wolf.
[html]

WC: 460 // Sorry for making you wait as well! Smile

The thought of deserting Vinátta made her stomach twist with anxiety. This was her last chance to settle down; she was already five years old, and had accomplished nothing in her youth. If things didn't work out here as well, she was done trying -- she would wander forever and die alone, without friends or children to remember her name. "I certainly don't intend to leave," she reassured him, a guilty frown playing on her lips. She hadn't intended to leave Crimson Dreams, either, but that whole situation had blown out of control faster than she could keep up with it. Things were more peaceful here, and even if it meant she could not have a mate, she would make it work.

"A fresh start... that is what I'm looking for, and I think I found it. I already feel more welcome here than anywhere else." And it was true, though she suspected it was mostly because she had not told them everything about her. She had not missed the way Ezra's ears fell back, how still and tense he had become during her story. Her past actions made him uncomfortable, though nothing he said could make her feel more ashamed than she already did. She hugged her knees more tightly to her chest, trying not to dwell on the mistakes she made. At least they had led her here.

She listened patiently as Ezra reciprocated, telling the tale of his travels. He mentioned that his extended family had mental instability, something Colibri was certainly accustomed to. For Lilin's sake, though, she decided not to mention Haku Soul; while she was used to the scrutiny and judgment she received for being the daughter of a deranged criminal, Lilin was not. And if her half-sister was young enough to avoid the stigma, Coli would not be the one to ruin that for her.

When Ezra casually mentioned Eli's birth, he reached a thoughtful pause, something that made Coli smile sadly. He did not say what happened to his child's mother, simply that he loved her, a sentiment that made her heart ache. Was that was had upset him during Coli's narrative? She didn't want to ask directly, knowing how painful the topic was. "So you've known Lilin and Saul for a while now...! I only met Lilin when spring began. We realized we were half-sisters after I told her my name, and she recognized it. It wasn't until later that I ran into Saul, and he told me about their plans for a pack together..." It was pure random chance, but she did not regret her decision to join the cavalcade as they passed through the Dampwoods on their way here. If she hadn't, she would still be a loner now.

[/html]
Sorry I suck!

Ezra chuckled at Coli. "Oh Lilin and I go way back. She was around for all the shenanigans that the Hillsburn crowd got into. So I'm sure if she ever got mad at me she would have plenty of dirt on yours truly," he grinned as he remembered the particularly hilarious, drug induced threesome that Sage, himself, and Barry had. What a weird night that was.

"How are you doing with your house? I picked up some carpentry skills while living at Hillsburn, and Eli took a liking to horticulture so if you need a hand in either of those two areas, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to help," the wolf dog wagged his tail slowly, before looking back at the expanse of land before them.
[html]

WC: 397 // <333

Colibri smiled at the thought of Lilin and Ezra and whoever made up 'the Hillsburn crowd', getting into mischief together. Ezra seemed so serious and taciturn when they first met, he was rather intimidating. Catching a glimpse of his lighter side, one that could keep up with Lilin's sense of humor, was a treat. "Shenanigans, eh? It's nice that you two are old friends, and now you can be together again," she remarked idly, having a shade more insight on the deeper relationships the founders had with each other. Again it felt like sheer luck that she had been swept up into their momentum, but it was a chance to forge some sort of bonds with them all as well.

Ezra offered to help her, his tail waving pleasantly behind him. Coli felt a rare flutter of happiness -- he had accepted her after all. She had made a friend, even after rambling on about the immaturity she had displayed before coming here. She tried to keep her gaze directed calmly at the beautiful scenery before them, but inwardly she was jubilant that she had reached out to a male and he had not rebuked her. Her anxiety made it difficult to trust others of his gender, but packmates should not be discriminated against for any reason, and it was a relief to know she could begin to trust him in earnest. "Thank you kindly for the offer! My house... I think it's alright, although the door does get stuck a lot; is that the kind of thing you work with, or is that normal?" She didn't want to trouble him with anything trivial, of course. Her house was one of the older, smaller dwellings towards the outskirts of the village, built without windows or separate rooms. It was perfect for her, small and cozy like a den, despite what others might think upon seeing the dilapidated building. "Eli likes... horticulture? You mean, like gardening? I... that's actually a talent of mine I was hoping to pursue here. If he wants to learn anything about plants, or you want some time off, you can always drop him off with me, I can watch him for you..." She smiled hopefully, glancing at the big male's mismatched eyes. She could be helpful, or at least she was trying to be -- a fresh start, that would be her mantra.

[/html]
[html]Derp I’m considering picking Eli up as a full character soon, so we should definitely have a gardening party thread with them eventually. Smile Wanna end relatively soon? I think they’re buddies now!

”Hmmm,” the Hollr mused, wondering what would cause a door to stick. He assumed the wood wasn’t the right shape for the doorway or had grown because of water retention, but he couldn’t be sure until he saw it in person. ”Well, it’s definitely not normal,” he chuckled slightly, looking back at Coli. “I’d be happy to take a look at it anytime, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.” And he meant it, too. He enjoyed fixing things for people, it gave him a sense of purpose and happiness. He felt good when he did good.

”Yeah, gardening. Barry grew lots of things, mostly drug plants, but Eli took a liking to it. I hope he doesn’t ever learn what sort of stuff he was helping to grow, though,” he flashed Coli a toothy grin before continuing on. “I’m sure Eli would love that. I’d be happy to let him know, and he would be very excited to learn some new stuff. He’s growing up, though, he’s almost old enough to be on his own all the time. I can’t believe it.” Eli, just a few months ago, was totally dependent on him and Ezra couldn’t do anything without wondering how it would impact his only son. Now, the son was soon going to join the adult ranks, and be a proper pack member. It seemed far too soon.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 374 // aww garden party yess!! Eli is adorable! We can wrap this up, I'll be on vacation soon so I won't be posting for a bit~ :>

"If you have free time, of course... I mean, it's not a big deal," Coli backpedaled, holding up her palms apologetically. She did not want to bother the big male with any trivial chore, especially if it could keep him away from his dear son. He had better things to do than adjust the warped wood of the heavy old door. Ezra did seem genuinely happy at the prospect of helping, though, and it would give them a chance to spend another afternoon like this one together. "...I would appreciate it, of course," she added shyly.

Drug plants...? Coli knew very little about recreational drug use, having never really encountered smokers. The most she'd ever indulged in was a bottle of wine, and after feeling ill the day after she decided those sort of substances were not suited for her. If she had known about the plants this Barry fellow grew, and how they were used to relieve or suppress anxiety in those as fearful as her, she might have been interested. As it was, she met Ezra's broad grin with a shy smile of her own, nodding in agreement. It was best if pups did not know too much about the world of adults, not until they were mature enough to handle it.

It seemed Eli was not as young as she remembered him, though, and Ezra too lamented how quickly they grew up. She had no children of her own, but she fondly remembered little Conor and Emwe, her half-brothers she watched grow up in Dahlia de Mai. The seasons passed in no time at all, and what had once been tiny helpless bundles of fur became strong, independent wolves. And then they scattered to the wind; she had not heard word of Emwe since she left the pack, and Conor no longer walked this earth, a loss that weighed her down. "It's cruel how quickly they grow up," she commented with a sad smile, commiserating with the single father. She did envy his being a parent, but it was a lonely job without a partner to share the burden with. "I would love to get to know your son, though. I'm sure he'll be as kind and honorable as his dad."

[/html]
[html]Table by sie! <3

Sure! You can close it whenever~<3

Colibri’s statement made the bitter man smile. Ezra had been trying to find a mother-figure in his son’s life for ages now, and while Lilin briefly filled that role, Eli hadn’t had a mother in far too long. Ezra didn’t expect the woman to help out the same way she used to in Hillsburn, she was a leader now and had a gret number of duties to fill. Coli was Ezra’s equal in the pack and if she wanted to be a family friend, Ezra would take her in with open arms. Perhaps this girl could be his friend. They were both broken, it was obvious, but maybe the two could be each other’s crutches to get through the days.

“And I, Coli, would appreciate that very much. Feel free to stop by any time, Eli’s usually close to home unless he’s out gallivanting with Teme,” the Hybrid said with a grin on his face. He gave her a small nod, and got up off the ground with the grace of a wolf that was getting older. He left Coli sitting there, trotting back to his Jordheim home.

<style>
.ezra-e09 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ezra-e09 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ezra-e09 b {color:#B4C5E1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ezra-e09 {background-color:#343A44; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/b8o7zb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #B4C5E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#11151B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.ezra-e09-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]