Marry Me
Hadley had spent a lot of time thinking about this. About what he had done. What he was responsible for. How he was supposed to fix this. All very troublesome thoughts. The scarred male knew that he had to make this right somehow. Make sure that Isa would never have to worry, that she could care for their pups without their future being rocky. True, being in a pack definitely helped, but Hadley wasn't about to leave her alone to do the majority of the work by herself.

He wasn't too sure how one went about proposing. Hadley had gathered some flowers together, thinking they might be nice, but Hadley didn't have any clue what to say or anything. The hybrid found himself wandering across the courtyard, mumbling to himself and trying to figure out how he was going to say it. The more he thought about it, the more frightened he grew. What if Isa held him responsible, and sent him away? Didn't want his help? He'd look like a fool. Before he lost his nerve Hadley broke into a run to the larger room they'd moved into, bursting in and looking wildly around for his partner.
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Isa was in their new room, laying on their bed and relaxing, when someone charged into the room. She stood and was going to reach for her dagger, which she kept on the small table by the bed, when she picked up Hadley’s scent. She took a deep breath as her hand went to her slowly growing belly. Shit Hadley, don’t scare me like that. Calmed down, Isa moved over to Hadley and wrapped her arms around him as she gave his cheek a quick kiss. She stepped back, noticing the nervousness coming from Hadley. Is everything alright? You seem stressed. She didn’t like seeing Hadley so stressed. Isa was glad Cadmeia wasn’t in the room, she would have more than likely been asking a million questions. Isa finally noticed the flowers in his hand and she looked at him with a smile on her face but still a little confused. Are those for me? They were very pretty, all kinds of different flowers in the bunch. She wondered if she had anything to put them in. Perhaps she could make something later.

<style type="text/css">
.isapups .space {float:left; width:375px; height:304px;}
.isapups b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.isapups p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.isapups p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.isapups .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.isapups p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.isapups {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:500px; min-width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... -1-1-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:30px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#587336; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[/html]
Isa was right there. She was standing, looking very fierce and unwelcoming. Maybe he shouldn't have just barged in. Her words sent his ears down, embarrassed. Looking at the ground he muttered quietly. Sorry. He was doing this all wrong, wasn't he? Blushing he tried to think about what he was doing again and organize his thoughts. This wasn't romantic, or clever, or anything at all. She was definitely going to turn him down. Isa stepped over, arms wrapping around him. Always the pillar of strength, even when she was the one that needed help. What was wrong with him? His cheek was kissed before she stepped back.

I'm alright. It's just... Hadley looked at Isa. She was so beautiful. A soft silvery color, always with those dancing dark blue eyes that held him captive. He didn't deserve her. Isa needed someone so much better than him. Someone who could give her everything she wanted. His attention drawing to the flowers Hadley nodded. Isa...I've been thinking about our future. About our pups. He fiddled a little with the flowers in his hands before holding them out. You are absolutely amazing. Beautiful, and always strong. I want to be strong for you, to hold you when you're weak. I know you deserve better, but...will you be my mate?
[html]

Hadley seemed incredibly nervous. He stated that he had been thinking about their future and their pups before handing her the flowers. Where was he going with this? Her eyes widened slightly as he continued. He was asking her to be his mate. When he mentioned that she deserved better though, she became a little confused. She didn’t show it but she didn’t understand why he thought she deserved better. Hadley was an amazing guy, she didn’t need better. Once he asked his question, Isa wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly, holding the flowers behind his back so they wouldn’t get in the way. Yes of course I will Hadley. She kissed him once more before nuzzling into his neck with a very large smile on his face. I love you Hadley.

<style type="text/css">
.isapups {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:500px; min-width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... -1-1-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:30px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#587336; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Her eyes widened as he continued rambling. Why hadn't he just come straight out and said it? Instead he'd gone all over the place. Isa was probably terribly confused and wishing he'd just shut up. The words were all jumbled up inside him. Speaking was a lot harder, harder than it had been even when he'd been terrified of speaking, just freshly purchased from Amy. He managed to say it at last though, and Isa wrapped her arms around him. The warmth of her body against him, the joyous feeling coming from her assured him that it was going to be alright. That he hadn't made an utter fool of himself.

A kiss met him, the hybrid smiling a bit bemused. She hadn't said that she'd accepted yet, but from her warm actions Hadley was guessing it was a yes. His tail wagged at the confirmation, glad that he'd gathered the courage to ask her. He kissed her when she came up, a strong kiss filled with caring, pushing against her while holding her, cradling her form, feeling the bump against his body. They'd be a family, for better or worse now. Hadley was still unsure if he was the kind of mate, or even father, that anyone deserved, but he was going to try. I love you as well. My source of courage. He tried hard to make it sound sincere, managing to keep his voice smooth. If only he really did love her. Then it would be perfect.
[html]

This would certainly be one of the happiest moments of her life, if not the best moment. She would be Hadley’s mate and she was carrying his pups. They had adopted Cadmeia as well. They would be a family. Everything seemed perfect in her life, she had a man she loved as her mate, an adopted daughter, and pups on the way. She couldn’t be happier.

Pulling him close, Isa kissed him again. My one and only love. She buried her muzzle into his chest, breathing in his scent. And soon we will have our own pups as well. She was both nervous and excited to have Hadley’s pups. She started to wonder how many they would have. Isa hoped they would have at least one girl. Perhaps a girl and a boy. Two would be more than enough for now, especially since they had already adopted Cadmeia as well. She would just have to wait.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
Pulled close he felt his body press against the small bump. The life would be coming soon. Time was too short to prepare. Somehow he was going to be learning how to be a father in the period of time it took for a moon to change and return to the first shape. His strong arms wrapped around her body. Despite the strength in her, feeling the muscles beneath her silky coat, at this time she felt so fragile. He kissed her softly, muzzle pressing into her. He was glad she'd accepted. At least someone would be by her side this time.

His ears twitched guiltily at her words. Selene had said the same thing, only a week before he had betrayed her. Did this mean soon he was going to hurt Isa? That somehow, when everything in her life was going perfect, he would be the source of it's collapse? He placed one hand on her belly, aware of the life inside it. It was so close to coming. He just hoped that he'd manage to be ready when they arrived. A mistake turned into a gift, if everything didn't manage to fall apart.
[html]

Hadley’s arms went around her, kissing her softly. Isa was happy that he had asked her to be his mate, but she still couldn’t help but think in the back of her mind that he didn’t really want her. It would have just been her being paranoid though. If he didn’t want her he didn’t have to ask her to be his. He could have chosen someone else. It wasn’t like Isa would shut him out of their pup’s lives if he did happen to choose another. There was no need for those thoughts though, he wanted her and she wanted him, and soon they would have pups of their own.

His hand went to her slowly growing belly and she placed her own hand over his. You’re going to be a great father Hadley. She was just as scared as he was. Isa had never been pregnant before. She had no idea what to expect. She was afraid she wouldn’t be a good enough mother, or that they wouldn’t like her. The one thing that scared her the most though was something she had watched her cousin go through, stillborn pups. Her cousin had a whole litter of stillborn pups. Isa had never seen anyone so upset before but the pain her cousin felt was enough to bring her to kill herself. Isa couldn’t imagine what she would do if that happened to her. She hoped it wouldn’t, but it was still the one thing that terrified her the most.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
A small warm hand was placed over his, clutching him close, letting him accept them and protect them. His gaze lifted, brown eyes meeting the sky blue ones that always seemed to glitter with so much life. There was so much love there, love he didn't deserve, love he was afraid to accept and afraid to lose. Love he didn't return. If only he could be enough, just hold her close and love her and give her everything she deserved.

He nodded his head, drawing Isa after him back to the bed. Sitting down he reached out his arms. He just wanted to hold her close and cuddle her, to just spend the day in the room, warm and safe. No other worries. They could think about the pups and what it meant after today. Right now though, he just wanted to spend some time with her, and tell her how much he cared for her, how he would do anything to keep her safe and happy.
[html]

Isa followed Hadley over to the bed, sitting down and letting him bring his strong arms around her. She laid down with him, resting her head on his chest. Everything seemed absolutely perfect. She was carrying Hadley’s pups, they had adopted Cadmeia, and they would be mates soon. Isa couldn’t imagine any moment that would be better than that. She was in the arms of her soon-to-be mate and would have his pups soon. They would be a family.

All she wanted at that moment was to lay there in Hadley’s arms, and maybe have a nice fat rabbit, but she would be perfectly happy just being with Hadley. She met his eyes for a moment before kissing him softly. I love you Hadlye.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]