Soothe My Soul
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: Morning. May 25th
  • Form:

• After days away from her Family, there was nothing as satisfying as being able to sleep among them again. Upon the night of her return to the loving embrace of the mountain, she set aside her searched for possessions and slept within the common dens until she was rejuvenated both in body and mind. Like a child sleeping within its mother’s warm, she slept in comfort. Not even the beckoning call of day could wake her.

Eventually she did stir from her bed of soft furs to the cheery tunes of the late morning. With considerable reluctance, she managed to peel herself from her bed shrouded in furs and tangled streams of red. With litter care for her own appearance she lumbered into the midst of the communal grounds, her maw split in a wide yawn in the hopes of fully waking. “Good morning,” she humbled to none and all and let her tired voice carry to listening ears. Lazily she plopped down to her haunches in the open space attempting in vain to shield her eyes from the sun as a few stray rays escaped the looking façade of the mountain.

Coupled with yet another yawn, her body began to change to situate a form better fit for tending to her unmanaged mess of locks. It was rare that she cared to tend to herself first in the morning without a proper groom, but today felt like a day for necessarily change. She could not place her paw on the reason, but could feel its bothersome presence since she awoke. She pondered on what roused this feeling mildly as she began to comb through her mane with sharpened claws, humming thoughtfully to herself.

000 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#6d8673;
    border:1px solid #090905;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#090905;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    font-size:10px;
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

Hello again :3 Optime form.

It was morning in the area where Pendzez had made his new home, with the compliments of X'yrin. He was so greatful that she accepted him to reside in the land as one of them. He emerge from a free den that he was allowed to sleep in, stretching his arms and legs just in the mouth. He took his staff and sword and wondered to an opening that was bathed in the morning sun shine, the perfect place to have a peaceful meditation.

He looked around the area he had entered, finding that no one was around. Maybe because they were still asleep. In this sun soaked open space, since he had some time before he would begin a new day in his life, he sat down on the ground, his back against the sunlight. He placed his Eastern staff and sheathed Masamune, both parallel to each other, before him. He crossed his legs as he slowly close his eyes, and chanted inaudiably in his throat.

About five to ten minutes later, he was still in his meditating state, even though that he could hear the sound of soft footsteps approaching him. However, he knew who it was. From the scent that was in the air, he took tell that it belonged to X'yrin. Yet, even though he picked up her emerging presence, it didn't stir his trance like state.

<style>
    .eris-mask-ooc {font-style:italic; }
    .eris-mask p {padding:0px 7px 5px 7px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
    .eris-mask b {color:#4A4554;}
    .eris-mask {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xcK9w.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #BCABBD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C8C8C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
    .eris-mask-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
    .eris-mask-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4A4554; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Her consequence for letting her mane grow into an unmanageable mess was the pain that came with each snag of her claws. Her huffs of frustration became stronger with every breath til she was near growling at her own tangled mess and about ready to lop the lengthy tresses and be done with it. But each breath awarded her a fresh scent of her surroundings and happily, she found she was not alone in the common area. The scent of the wild still clung to the star-eyed male, but it was slowly being overtaken by the scent of the Family, much to the woman’s pleasure. But even still the scent of the wild on his pelt made her smile, as it was as if she were receiving the hints of ‘home’, insuring that what resided beyond the Family borders was not lost.

With tangled fingers still caught in her mane, she looked around for her companion and found him in quite an interesting position. She recalled his posture as one assumed during meditation from her time spent in Ichika, but to see it in practice again was a little odd. Curiously, the woman rolled to her knees and comically shuffled over to sit in front of the meditating male. “Pendzez?” softly, she called to him without even assuming that perhaps he did not want to be disturbed. But it came as an afterthought when the male did not yet stir, and rather sheepishly the female sat back down on folded knees and continued to pry her fingers free.

000 words.

[/html]
    [html]

While yet he still remained in his meditation, he didn't stir from the female's presence, even though she was siting right in front of him. Maybe, this kind of position and activity at the beginning of the day be a kind of lesson to teach to the female. Pendzez always did this of a morning before he would start his pack duties, and before he continued on his adventurous path. It helped calm his mind, body and soul from the troubles that were in this physical world.

Now, after a about two minutes from when the female spoke the male's name, he ceased his inaudible throat chanting. He opened his white eyelids to reveal his blood red orbs that were surround by gray star-like markings. Upon seeing the female there, yet struggling to removed her paw from her hair, Pendzez bowed his head in his usual manner that X'yrin should be familar with, at least by now.

"Ah, miss X'yrin. Good morning to you." he said in a calm and warming manner. His eyes gazed from her eyes to the locks of hair that she had, seeing that she had a paw jammed amongst her hair strands. "Having some hair trouble this morning?"

<style>
    .eris-mask {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xcK9w.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #BCABBD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C8C8C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
    .eris-mask-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #4A4554; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

She had meant to get his attention, but not at all disturb him. However there was little chance of her addressing him without doing so. Her thoughts ahead only ventured so far when it came to friendly encounters with her Family, after all they were still as new to her as she was sure she was new to the handful of them and that included their routines and habits.

As his even breath resumed a normal rhythm, her ears perked up as he awoke from his trance. In meeting his fiery gaze she smiled and offered tip of her head as best as she was able given her little predicament. "Good Morning Pendzez...and please X'yrin is fine." Her elated smile turned bashful once he mentioned her mane. "Unfortunately yes. My own fault for letting it get this way. I didn't mean to disturb you... but since you are awake, do you think you could..well...help?"

000 words.

[/html]
    [html]

He carefully examined her hair where she had her paw tangled. Now that he was out of his trance like state of self, he was able to be of assistance to the female. Upon her request for help, the male happily accepted, carefully holding her paw in one and her hair in another, lifting her paw so that he or herself doesn't pull on hair strands by accident.

He took charge of the task delicately, eventually getting one of her fingers untied from her hair, now carefully working on the next. "Hmm, I fail to see how you managed to get your paw tangled in your hair," he said as he almost got the second finger untangled. "Did you do your hair this way yourself? he continued to add to the statement, merely as a question of kind curiosity, seeing how the braids were well done and beautiful.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

Little miracles came in all forms and for the tangled female, her friend's help was one of them. It was her haste that found her in this predicament, which was odd considering how patient she had to be to get her mane into braids in the first place. But she had been self-insistent on making quick work of an otherwise tedious chore thus leading her to this comical situation.

She shared an embarrassed smile with the male as he assisted in freeing her tangled digits. "I was trying to undo it all," she explained, wincing as she again tried to force a finger free. "They had become very unsightly... which was my own fault. And well... my impatience got the better of me." She wiggled a digit as it became free then carefully pulled the remaining from their captivity. Once all were loose again, she sighed with relief and smiled in gratitude. Supposedly this was not how she intended to start the day, but it was certainly an amusing beginning to say the least. "But yes," she continued in reply to his question. "When the time permits it, I braid it myself, usually to keep it controlled during training. It was something I learned since coming to this land..."

000 words.

[/html]
    [html]

While the male didn't directly look at her eyes, he noticed the little smile of embarrassment as he helped her untangle her digits from the thin strands. Yet, he got the second digit free, now to help with the third. Well, getting your fingers caught in your hair can be somewhat of an embarrassing moment, yet Pendzez would taunt her because of it. Not that he would anyway.

Yet, he noticed the sudden impulses in her paw, indicating that she was now forcing his last digit free. He let go of her paw and hair, finally seeing the hand free from her tangling strands. "Ah, thats better, but also damaging to your hair," he said, as he returned to his original sitting position.

X'yrin spoke in reply to his added question about her braids. He had to admit that it was a good idea, because no one would want their hair getting in the way, especially during weaponry training. Pendzez thought himself lucky that his hair only meets above the eyebrows, since he eventually rid himself of the side fringe. Now, he just had plain white ear length hair, with no gold streaks like in his youth."Hmm, I once had a side fringe over my right eye, but no more. I removed with my own blade. Now this hair...," he said as he ran his left paw though white his head hair, "is all that remains."

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

Now that her tangled paw was free, she was able to start again but patiently this time, beginning from the bottom of the long mass to the top. But what damaged was caused was little more than a few strands nipped in the tangle and feel away dead to the ground as she combed through again. It was a loss, but not one that was noticeable given the dense locks of auburn that remained. She simply clicked her tongue in disappointment, but continued to comb through as she was again addressed by her friend.

She smiled as he described how he wore his own mane at one point. Honestly, she hadn’t an idea what a ‘fringe’ was but it was apparently gone now, leaving only a crop of shortened hair. But surely it would grow back with time. As many times as she snagged, unknowingly cut and stomped on her mane, it always seemed to grow back with the changing seasons. “I suppose it is better than having too much to control,” she chuckled while coursing her fingers through her mane to straighten out the crimps. “But truly Pendzez… thank you for your help. I hadn’t meant to disturb you… were you conversing with the ancestors, my friend?”

000 words.

[/html]
    [html]

Now that her digits were free from the strands of entanglement. Yet, even though that her paws were disenthralled from their hairy bounds, she still continued to comb her digits through her hair. He never really understood the mind of women. From what he could remember when he was with Xeris, there was somethings that she saw off par with everything else, that Pendzez didn't see. Yet, it wasn't his place to judge, he just minded his own business.

As the female spoke, Pendzez had a slight unnoticeable state of confusion. He had a feeling that she did not understand the term 'fringe.' But, in some way, she had some sort of understanding of what he was saying. Yet, he didn't explain what a fringe was, considering that fringes were somewhere to non-existent now.

He was asked about the way he was meditating. While she was also thanking and inquiring him, he was indeed communicating with the spirits. "Yes, X'yrin. Every morning during the sun's cycle, I speak to them for their daily blessings and support." He smiled warmly at her as he bowed his head before her. "Do you speak to them?"

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

Once her paws were able to run through her mane without snag, she considered the grooming complete and let the tresses fall where they may around her. Divided attention came to center upon the ivory male before her and the kind smile upon her muzzle brightened as he spoke of their deities and their blessings. Her tail curled with content, subtly wagging when asked of her own conversations with them. It could be said that she spoke with them often, though there was no dedicated time. So long as there was a moment in the day when thanks should be given to them, she did with her whole heart though it was a silent gesture that to the unknowing eye went unnoticed.

But in the evening. That was a different circumstance all together.

"I speak to them often," letting her paws fall into her lap she sat a little more upright when speaking. "Throughout the day I give my praises to them, and thank them for the knowledge they have given me. Though it is at night that I truly thank them. My Family- the Nomads believe that while the world is resting the ancestors ears are more open to our songs, so we sing our thanks to them and ask that they continue to walk with us through our days."

000 words.

[/html]
    [html]

As the female spoke of her conversations with the ancestral spirits, his tail wagged as he had now found a new friend to possibly come together and give praise unto the spiritual beings. From the words that proceeded from her muzzle, the white male smiled warmly as she spoke of her family and herself offering songs unto the ancestral beings.

When the female had finished with her speech of her experience with the spirits, Pendzez now felt that he should mention his experience even further, but not only his, but of the pack in which he had kept the traditions alive from. "Well, that is good. To give songs of praise unto the ancestors for their daily blessings is surely a kind offering that they can accept lovingly.

But even though the male said this, he also paved way to his deeper spiritual knowledge and beliefs. He was wondering if the female was even ready to hear the story that not only were there spirits that they give songs of praise to, there were also that resided in the shadows. Spirits whose cores are as dark as the wings of a crow

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

...and because she and her Family sang to their long passed forebears, it was with hope that they looked to each day anticipating the good to follow as reward for their constant, loving adorations for those that walked the earth before them. Their songs were to acknowledge the steps taking before their living bodies could follow, to thank the forms not committed to the earth for their paths left behind for their kin to follow. It was to thank them for their wisdom, their sacrifice, and the experiences they bestowed to the generations that followed. She knew only of these reasons to sing to the ancestors, for it was what was taught to her and it was what she had embraced of her own volition during her travels of the dangerous of life.

If nothing else, she could thank them for seeing her through the turmoil relatively unscathed. And truly she was glad to find another within her newfound Family no less that saw to convey his gratitude if to the ancestors of a different kind... but to them none the less. It was warming to her heart and her kind smile reflected it as she sat with him in religious content.

"It is a practice shared by the original Marecks of the Nomads," she shared, offering a bit of insight to the place once called home. "Among them were those with the most beautiful voices that were asked to send the messages of all the families to the ancestors. Eventually, such an honor became open to the group as a whole once a Mareck assumed the role of High Shepard. She decreed that no one family should speak to the generations before, but that all should be able to. It was a practice that most families accepted, but some did not, including my own. Were it not that by chance I was mistaken for a Mareck by my voice, it is doubtful that I would appreciate singing to them now..."

331 words.

[/html]
    [html]

The female spoke again of her life once more, this time about her pack. He found it odd that only a designated one can converse with the ancestors. However, he found it good that a newly designated one then expanded the right to praise the spirits to all members. To be honest, he felt that the guidance and blessings of the spirits were open to all who ask from them.

Yet, the female had been mistaken as a Mareck, which lead to her conversing with the spirits. It was funny thing, coming to know or do stuff more by chance. I see. Well, with my belief, everyone is open to conversation with the ancestors. When I was born, my parents were taking shelter with a pack up in the northern tundras. They were had deep beliefs in the spirits. I was because of my birth that I continued on their tradition.

Now that he said that, he had no choice but to continue on with the explanation of his belief, including the darkness and his birth. They believed that there was a higher spirit. A king, in other words. They believed that a male born with a pelt of pure white as snow, is the king in physical form.

<style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

When compared to her own origins of how she had come to know of the ancestors, his seemed less of a coincidence, and more a blessing by circumstance; as if the ancestors themselves guided this moment to pass. And his physical appearance only aided the belief. She found it astounding, that a group sought to hold a single behind on high, and this male before her would come to reflect the spirits the culture cherished. A fortunate play in life, she reasoned. One that no doubt enlightened him to the powers that be for the better.

She smiled.

“Then truly, you have received a great blessing,” she complimented with a sound nod of her autumn crown. “It is wonderful to know that you speak to your ancestors because of this. Too many look upon their wonders and do not bring notice to it, or simply thank them for the fortunes have transpired. It is a sad truth that becomes alarmingly more pronounced as the seasons pass. But to know there is another gives hope that perhaps there is more, and in time others…”

000 words.

[/html]
    [html]

To the male's surprise, she was actually taking it well. He had wondered if she got his reference to him. That he was the white wolf born in that pack. He may not have been part of the pack, but they still praised and blessed him as the Spirit King in physical form. He personally couldn't really believe it as he was growing up in his youth. Was he really the King of Spirits in physical form, or was he just another wolf born? Who knows?

As the female spoke, the white male sat there and listened to her speech. He could tell by the excitement in her voice that she was pleased that she had met someone who was the same as her, belief wise. He had to admit, he was pleased that he now had a new friend that he could share his beliefs with. It was truly a great blessing.

When she was brought back into silence, he merely smiled warmly at the female as he took in a deep breath through his nostrils. "Yes, I have received a great blessing. And from sitting here and sharing my experience with you, you two have received a great blessing. The spirits have blessed you with this meeting. It is fate.

<style>
    </style>[/html]