A little healing magic
[html]

Optime form, 5 pm, Jordheim. Healy tiems! :: 321 ::

The day had been a long and exhausting one; he had traveled a long way from the pack lands, confronted a fox and made a new, rather good looking friend. Yet he still hade things to do, his return journey had taken him longer than usual as he had to walk slow, he had changed to his Optime form after accepting the injured bird that he now cradled in his arms, so he could better transport her. He knew that in his Secui form she would have been terribly jostled and her injuries would likely have become worse. He looked down at the little avian form in his arms, the cerulean orbs softening as the birds manic heartbeat pounded away at the delicate skin over her breast, the feathered chest shimmering with activity.

He had crossed into the new, but already familiar packlands a while ago and was making his way towards the humped mass of half buried houses that the Vinattans called home. His weary paws took him along the familiar path to Sauls wooden door, he knocked rapidly, hoping that his friendly, grey cousin was in. The pheasant in his arms made a soft 'coo' noise and his eyes shot to the bird, concern lining his features. He knocked again, this time far more urgently, Ciaran, who had come to a stop next to his foot-paws yowled loudly, as if his voice could add to Sauls haste. Niernan called out to his cousin, "Saul, I need your help!" He cried, the urgency in his voice almost tangible. He didn't know if he could bear it if the bird were to die, what would he tell Grace? She would be distraught, and it would be his fault, he didn't know if he could stand that. It was then that he realised that he was going entirely out of his way to please another and that he really cared about the outcome.

Word Count ~ 321

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

[398]
26.05.2012 . 5pm . jordheim . optime form

Saul Chibi is by Requiem!

Two days ago, the young male had been reunited with his cousin slash daughter Eclipse. It had been wonderful to see her again, but he could see there was something bothering her. She'd been meaning to return to Ichika- he'd had to inform her that there was no Ichika anymore and that X'yrin had disbanded it. It was a disheartening experience to find out, but he was glad he'd found her before she had a chance to walk to Ichika and find out for herself. She would have been even more lost than she had been. He'd given her permission to go through Vináttan lands alone, a privilage almost none had. He had also asked her to write back next time Eirias came with a letter for her- he'd been worried when no reply had come the last time he'd sent her a letter.

It was hard for him not to throw himself into the workings of Vinátta- he knew that it would take time for things to grow and ideas to come forth. Still, the young male had been working periodically on restoring Jordheim- repairing doors and windows, cleaning the inside of the houses ready for occupancy. He would estimate that he had gone through about half of the houses so far. Afternoon had almost passed him by and he returned to his home, building tools dropped off in a spare house that was doubling as a storage shed at the moment. He entered the cool house, a soft sigh on his lips as he moved towards his bedroom. He was tempted to practise some more archery- he'd managed to make a crude target from the rotting door of one of the houses.

It was perhaps two seconds later that a knock came at his door. He looked up, wondering who it might be as usually people just walked in. His question was answered as Niernan's muffled voice rang out although his words were worrying. His cousin pounded on the door and Saul moved with urgency now, ripping open the door and taking in the scene. Niernan was cradling a bird in his arms and he could immediately catch the whiff of blood. Brows furrowed for a moment before he ushered his cousin in, glancing down at the bird. How can I help Nier? He asked, green eyes wide and curious as he wondered what had happened.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Blah bllah blah crappost:: 278 ::

Nier hurried inside the comfortable home as his cousin allowed him to enter. He looked down at the bird as Saul asked what was wrong, he let out a small huff of breath, he was relieved to finally be here, it had taken him long enough. He flicked his eyes back up, cerulean orbs searching for Sauls verdant ones. He flicked one ear back before speaking, "On my travels today I met a girl called Grace, her pheasant," He looked back down at the black and tan bird in his hand-paws. "Turnip here, was attacked by a fox. She is injured and in need of a healers touch. I wondered if you could help?" He asked, his eyes coming up to look at Saul again.

His heart pounded in his chest, the lubdub of the pump almost audible in the quiet atmosphere. As he spoke he had realised that Grace could have very easily taken Turnip back to her packs healer, he didn't even know if they had a healer, but he had offered to bring Turnip to Saul and she had allowed it. He decided that he wouldn't question it further than that as he also realised that after the bird had healed he could deliver her safely back to Grace, which meant he would get to see the golden woman again. There was something about her, with her colourful braids and her affection for the odd little pheasants that were in her care, that made Niernan smile.

The bird in his hand-paws tried to raise her head, Nier shifted her gently into one large paw and softly stroked her head feathers with the other, soothing the little bird.

Word Count ~ 278

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

[354]
shuddit!

Niernan didn't hesitate as Saul moved to usher him inside and he didn't think he'd ever seen his joker cousin so agitated. He was trying to piece together the clues presented, but none of it made sense. Niernan had left this morning happy as a clam, Ciaran trotting eagerly by his side. And he'd returned looking a little frantic, cradling an injured bird and asking for his help. His day had clearly been more eventful than Saul's own. His cousin let out a huff of breath, ears flickering back and forward. It took him only a few moments to speak and Saul allowed a small smile to creep onto his lips before Niernan relayed the story of the fox. Glancing down at the pheasant once more, shone in a new light now he realised it was a beloved pet rather than a random animal.

Of course I can help. I don't have a table in here yet so I'll have to work on the floor. He said, tone slightly absent as his mind raced to collect all the items he would need. He moved towards his bedroom once more, pulling out a thin deer pelt that had been stripped of hair to leave a relatively clean sheet. He looked towards Niernan and directed him to place the bird down on the sheet. The light wasn't too great in the house but he could see well enough. He moved towards the cupboard, pulling out a small bottle of witchhazel oil he'd made not long ago. It worked exceptionally well on cuts, and the scent of blood confirmed that the fox had pierced the birds skin.

Can you put her down and help me examine her? She might panic a bit... He said, brows furrowing softly. It usually happened as such- once a patient had been identified, Saul grew in confidence of his knowledge, taking the lead and directing people as he needed. Green eyes were a mixture of determination and confidence as he waited for Niernan to place the bird on the mat he'd placed out, trying to see where the bird was most injured.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

BLAH! Why can I not get above 300? :: 266 ::

Niernan watched as Sauls normally dreamy green eyes focussed and he snapped into healer mode. He gained more confidence when he had to heal as he knew what he was doing, and knew that others didn't trust a hesitant healer. Nier nodded as Saul stated they'd have to work on the floor, he crouched down and waited for his cousin to be ready. He watched as Saul flipped out a stripped deer hide, the hairless hide making for an adequately clean cloth to rest poor Turnip on.

Saul directed Niernan to place the bird on the cloth and as he predicted as soon as he moved the pheasant away from the warmth of his bare chest she squawked loudly and tried to flap her wings, resulting in her squawking in pain. Niernan gently pinned her wings to her sides, placing her down on the cloth, he soothed her by stroking her head with one large finger. He looked up at Saul, "How do you want me to hold her? I can spread her wings if you need me to, I think she has a puncture under one of them, the fox had her in an awkward way."

He swished his tail back and forth, not happy as such, just glad that he knew that Turnip was in good hands. He glanced over at Ciaran, who had put a comforting paw on his leg, the cats grey-green gaze told him that his friend thought he was being overly worried. Nier smiled at Ciaran and nodded slightly, letting out a long breath, he began to calm himself down more.

Word Count ~ +266

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

[405]
dun matter to me how long your posts are <3

Saul moved around the house, searching through his medicine bag and the cupboards he'd begun to use for such purposes. Now that they had settled down properly, Saul thought about building a garden that would contain a lot of the more commonly used plants. He had yet to properly explore Vinátta's grounds properly and he could not yet gauge the extent of the naturally growing plants. He'd bought his little battered witchhazel plant- carted around from place to place. He was hoping it would flourish here, but he had yet to find a place where it could settle. Niernan's knees brushing the floor caused him to glance around just as he attempted to place the bird on the floor. It gave a squark, flapping its wings before Niernan could pin them to her side. His cousins question was assessed in a moment and he nodded.

Flip her over so she's on her back and spread the wing you think was pierced. He asked, stooping down to lay some supplies on the mat. His scissors were a prized possession, as well as the rolled bandages and the witchhazel oil that would act as an antiseptic. Once Niernan had manipulated the pheasant, Saul lowered himself to the floor on his stomach. It was an uncomfortable position, but it was easier to get to the bird. Using the closed end of the scissors, Saul moved towards the birds breast, parting the feathers where slick blood had matted the feathers. He glanced back, spotting the small dish of water he'd made and dipping a small patch of gauze into the water. He squeezed the majority out before dragging the gauze patch across the birds chest and began the process of clearing away the blood so he could see what was happening.

Would this be Grace from Anathema? He asked, voice holding slight interest although green eyes remained firmly on the bird. He'd managed to clear away most of the blood on the birds breast, using the closed point of the scissors to part any feathers in his way. He could see a cut now and he was relieved to see that it was only a moderate puncture wound. Glancing up at Niernan once as if to prepare him for what was to happen, before soaking another strip of gauze in witchhazel oil and swiping it across the wound a good few times, covering the skin in the antiseptic oil.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

w00t for posting from McDonalds. We can archive this soon if ya want sweety. :: No wordcount cos I'm ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! ::

Niernan obediently flipped the bird over, placing her back against the floor, spreading her wings out and holding them firmly but with soft paws so as not to harm the bird further. Turnip allowed her head to fall back, her bright red-brown eye gazing at him, wide and slightly panicked. He noticed that her fragile little chest was pumping rapidly as she panted with the stress of all that was going on. He mumbled quietly to the bird, in a similar fashion to how Grace had soothed the injured animal when he had rescued her, using low coo-ing noises. Turnip visibly calmed and he felt a proud smile spread across his muzzle.

He met Sauls eyes as his cousin looked at him, his gaze preparing him for what was to come. He parted the birds blood matted plumage to look at the wound. Luckily it was only a small puncture but Nier was no healer and he didn't know if there could be anything else wrong with Turnip. He allowed Saul to continue his work, drifting out of focus for a minute, meaning that he almost missed Sauls question, the mans inquiring voice just managing to reach his ears.

Nier couldn't help the goofy smile that touched his lips at the mention of her name, "Yeah, we met today on my wander. Do you know her?" He asked, his interest piqued.

Word Count ~ +xxx

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

[409]
thats perfect for me <33 and yaaay for mcdonalds!!!

The bird had become somewhat panicked when Niernan had laid her out flat and Saul couldn't help the small smile on his lips. It had always been clear that Niernan was sympathetic towards other animals- he'd been interested in Hermes and Artan when they'd first met afterall. The soft sounds of his cooing was received but for the most part ignored- it was for the small bird pinned to the floor and Saul continued on in silence. The swipe to the chest was received with a soft squark from the bird- he understood perfectly that witchhazel stung at the best of times, especially when it was concentrated in an oil. He continued, wiping away the dried blood and cleaning out the chest area with efficiency. He glanced up however as Niernan responded to his question. Green eyes widened just slightly when he saw the grin on his cousins face at the mention of the golden female. His own question was asked and Saul considered it for a moment.

I met her a little while ago in the mountains. He said simply, knowing that their meeting hadn't gone further than introductions and a little bit about each other. He was glad Niernan had met the female, they were both smart and enjoyed books, he thought they'd get on. His attention focused once more on the bird as he began quickly and efficiently making his way around her body, tracking down any cuts and bruises, swiping them with the oil. He couldn't bandage her up, but he could at least make sure she was clean and infection was minimised. After a few moments, he inspected her once more, green eyes critical to try and find anywhere that he'd missed before he gave a soft nod.

I'll keep her in here for a couple of days just to make sure she doesnt get any worse and then you can return her to Grace if you wanted? He questioned, a secretive smile threatening to break out. With his cousins permission, he folded the birds wings against her body, scooping her up and placing her in the woven basket he'd made for Nayru so long ago. Looking at the basket, he felt a pang of loss before he pushed it aside, making sure the bird was comfortable before turning to his cousin. You did good today, I hope she makes it Saul offered, holding out a hand to help his cousin off the floor.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yay Turnip :: 280 ::

Nier was fascinated by Sauls quick working hands, he knew that he would never have the patience to be a healer, but he admired those that did. He nodded as his cousin admitted to having met Grace in the mountains, it seemed that she liked to wander and as such met others on her little wanders. Niers smile had remained as he thought of the golden wolf, she was interesting, to say the least.

With his permission Saul softly bundled the bird up off the hide and placed her into a basket where she contentedly shuffled for a moment before tucking her head under her undamaged wing and falling asleep. Nier couldn't blame her, she had been through a lot and now that it was all over he was starting to feel a little tired himself. He yawned through his smile, looking up to notice Sauls hand-paw stretched out for him, he took it and heaved himself to his foot-paws with a groan.

The black and tan Stormbringer straightened his back and moaned with pleasure as he felt a couple of vertebrae pop, releasing built up pressure. He nodded to Saul. "I would very much like to return Turnip to Grace once she is better. But for now, I would like to go and take a dip in the lake to soothe some of these aches. He grinned at his cousin, "Thankyou for your help Saul. I hope she makes it too." He said as he excused himself from the Virdings house, he called to Ciaran, knowing that the cat was likely to be following him anyway, his mind on other things. He knew he was going to dream in gold tonight.

• -Exit Niernan and Ciaran

• Word Count ~ 280

<style>

</style>
    [/html]