J - Coeus

Coeus was sore of foot and poor of temper. The walk had been longer than expected and the day had bled away from the sky, staining the once bright color indigo. It had been a relief to finally smell the distinct scent of other wolves, though slightly discerning. The last time he had encountered others of his kind, he had paying his respects to his dead mother. His amber eyes glanced back towards the dappled gray mare that had begun grazing on the soft, spring grass. No matter how friendly and loving, a horse's company was not enough to satisfy the young male, but he sighed in defeat, unable to chastise Becca in any way or form. As if in forgiveness, he brushed his flank against her sturdy legs, which also served to calm him slightly. Shifting now would be just a waste of energy, all of which he needed to confront the leaders of this foreign pack.

Once again, he approached the border, examining the musky undertones that were contained within the scent. As he glanced both ways along the border and forward into the dimness of the night, he could perceive none in his close vicinity. Coeus was normally a patient soul, but nervous energy was getting the best of him. Restless shifting brought him to his paws again, pacing before the border in agitation. He bowed his head and tried to relax himself. "You are a sensible being," he muttered to himself, "You're smart, strong, and handsome to boot." The last part drove a chuckle out of his muzzle which was enough to calm him into commitment.

At last, he turned with gritty determination and threw his head back in a throaty howl.
[html]

OOC: Hello there! Do you prefer to be called Owl or Susannah? Just for my own personal reference Smile

Word Count: 300+

The lands were much cooler today than they had been for the past week, a relief for Jazper who’s dark coat required him take refuge in the shade or the beaches to keep his body temperature steady. The Sole was not a fan of the summer months, preferring the buds of spring and the color of fall by far to the scorching heat. At present he lounged around, taking a quick nap under a large willow that lined the boarder of a small meadow. In his mind he still could not believe that the land he lay on was his. Though he understood that because the land was his it was also his duty to protect it and all those within it with his life. A fate he was more than willing charge into.

A howl echoed through the territory, over the gentle hills and the flat meadows in into the alpha’s ears, causing them to flick as he lazily opened his eyes. His large optime body rolled with a grunt as he moved to stand up. Stretching his large arms into the air he released his own short call to let the stranger know that he was on his way. With the little post-nap energy the male could gather he started off in a steady run towards the source of the howl.

As he approached a male’s scent wafted into his nostrils. There was no pack scent attached to male and as the wolf’s body came into sight Jazper became positive that there was only two reasons why the dark male would call: to join or tattle on one the wrong doings of his members. The Knight did not hesitate to walk confidently up to the loner with a warm smile. Although his body language showed slight dominance he tried his best to be welcoming, “Greeting. I am Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, the Alpha Male of Casa di Cavalieri.” He was unsure if the male before him understood his words but he continued anyway, “What is the meaning of your call?”

<style type="text/css">
.jzprmirror b {font-weight:bold; color:#998328; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.jzprmirror {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#0f1123; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xgChm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d6183; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jzprmirror .wordcount {color:#998328; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5d6183; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#998328;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Owl, if you don't mind, that's what I usually go by most places. I'll probably update that, I did most of my profile at 11 PM. x3

Word Count → 373

Coeus allowed himself to sit for a moment, his large paws scuffling in the dirt like some lost child. It was only when he heard the return to his howl, that he rose again and began to feel a nervousness run up his spine. It wasn't without doubt and slight anxiety that he stood at the edge of the border. The days were long and cold without company and the comforts of a pack well outweighed the simplicity of living as a loner. He was glad that his wait was not long. If it had been Coeus feared his nerve would have broken and he would have fled his position. He had never experienced such emotion, not even in the face of danger; somehow this was different from facing an aggressive fox or ill-tempered bear.

As the wolf entered his range of vision his eyes dropped and he unconsciously crouched lower. In his optime form, he seemed even more formidable which caused Coeus to sink even lower, if that was possible. It was even so that his tail had fled between his legs in the presence of the being. The Timber Wolf dared a glance at the Alpha male and felt himself relax slightly, as he did not seem aggressive in his approach. A silent breath of relief escaped him; he had feared his presence at the border would cause hostility. Luckily, his assumptions had been false and listened intently to the words of the Alpha. Coeus remained silent for a moment, articulating the words in his mind before he spoke them.

"Hello, sir, my name is Coeus," he tried to say confidently, hardly saying the words without a stutter. "I howled for a chance to join the pack and make a new life for myself outside of being a loner." Coeus sounded more confident than he felt, but tried not to make it obvious. He was also careful to remove any arrogance from his tone which had often got him in trouble with loner groups that believed he had thought too highly of himself. Coeus let the words sink into the air, staggering a crippled wag that was derived from his nervous energy.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Alrighty. We'll try and get you accepted in the next post or two.

The giant had no trouble running, often enjoying the exercise, and his dedication to training showed in his distinct muscles. Though with the heat of summer he would take to the shade of the forest for his runs. His size was always the first thing others noticed about him and so it was no mystery what caused the stranger on the boarders to display submission. Often he wondered if he were small for a wolf if others would give him the same respect. Glancing over the male Jazper noted that he wasn’t a particularly large male, certainly not very big when compared to the males of Casa but he had never been one to judge another on appearance, his own brother was quite tattered in appearance after all. But his golden eyes could not help but to wander to the horse that appeared to accompany the wolf. It seemed that everyone had a horse companion now a days, a strange thought to one who had grown up without the beasts.

He waited patiently for an answer, as the loner appeared to think over his words, something Jazper struggled to do personally. When the answer did come in was fairly quiet and not particularly confident. The Knight fully relaxed his body language, realizing that Coeus would require a very gentle approach. “Please, there is no need for submission.” He insisted. Although the friendly giant instinctively enjoyed the submission he was a believer that you should give equal respect to others until they show you they deserve otherwise.

His request came a little more confident this time, causing the Sole to smile. “Well Casa is home to all that seek one but tell me Coeus, what can skills can you offer the pack? Everyone is expected to pull their own weight around here.” Pausing he added with his golden eyes watching Coeus, “Though you should know Casa members are required to learn basic fighting skills. Our mission as a pack is to protect those who cannot protect themselves. We are very diplomatic and friendly with all other packs though when politics fail we are not scared to defend our friends and family. If you join us you will be expected to protect your pack mates and anyone in trouble.” Sometimes Casa’s mission scared off joiners though he hoped this wouldn’t be the case with the male before him.

<style type="text/css">
.jzprmirror b {font-weight:bold; color:#998328; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#0f1123; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xgChm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d6183; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jzprmirror .wordcount {color:#998328; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5d6183; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 335

Coeus listened carefully to the words of the large luperci. As the moments past, he felt his taunt muscles relaxing beneath his fur, the throbbing of blood in his ears diminished as he calmed. Breath came easier to his lungs and he peered upwards, showing nonaggression but unable to look away from the figure that held him rapt in attention. The bend in his joints even straightened out, bringing himself to a low stance. Jazper appeared to one of reasonable character, though his size did not play in that favor. It was figure he could follow reliably, if he was accepted. Seeing this behemoth and hearing his terms brought forth respect immediately.

When he heard the question to what his qualifications were, he was ready. A long walk allowed him ages to think and mull after what he would say. Parts of the information had melted away from his first fervor of anxiety, but he could pull together the remnants of what he had thought up beforehand, which remained fairly intelligent. "My mother educated me in reading, writing and riding." Even military groups needed intelligence, he had boundless potential for that, no doubt. "I am a strong runner and have faced wild animals in combat beforehand. I would be thrilled to learn combat skills of any kind. I am young, strong, and can protect any that require it." He swallowed, lifting his head up with a strong expression, "Even at the cost of my life."

It was a strong statement and he knew it. Perhaps he was testing himself in saying such, but he felt sure that he would be willing to die for them. Being a loner had not stripped him of values or courage. Rather it had strengthened him, testing his steel against the very real, and very cruel word that resided beyond safety and companionship. He did not betray those that trusted him, his honor denied such an option existed.

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: I'll request for you to get titled up but feel free to post inside of Casa with other members now Smile Let me know you if you are okay with ending after your post or if you would rather I post one more time Wink

As Coeus gained confidence the Sole’s smile grew and his tail swayed slowly from side to side. At first he had thought that he may require the same gentleness as Hadley, that maybe he suffered from a lack of self esteem but clearly he had simply been nervous. One thing Jazper had never been was self-conscious. Even as young pup he had walked around with his head high and his mind full of questions that he would blurt out in a second. However he was not an impatient pup anymore. Now he was a father and protector, an Alpha of a large pack. With his fatherhood and four years of experience behind him Jazper had learned what was important in life and how to handle different types of people and his main wish for joiners was for Casa to be a home to come to, a place where they could belong.

Literary skills were important to the Knight and an eager nod encouraged the other male to continue his list, curious of his other skills. It surprised him that he had been in combat in the past; an experience certainly necessary as a protector of others but what made him happiest was the young male’s willingness to protect his pack mates with his life. “Well in Casa the education of our young is very important and I encourage you to spread your knowledge of reading and writing as well as riding with them. I read and write myself but I don’t have much time to spend teaching others. We do have a couple of wolf-dogs, Dixie and Wayne, in charge of our horses so you best get acquainted with them.”

Shifting his feet he motioned for Coeus to follow him. “The members here are all very nice and will give you respect as long as you show them the same kindness. Once we reach the Fort you will be allowed to pick out a room for yourself and explore as much as you please.” He took large steps as he moved towards the center of the territory, his mind hoping that the younger male would fit in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

[html]
Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Punishments so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Melissa or Katie and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!

[/html]
[html]

Ahhh, I'm so excited to start!

Word Count → 358

The young timber wolf felt his excitement growing within him as the words came off Jazper's lips. He was more than excited, he was ecstatic! However, he kept the excitement locked in a chest, only allowed a grin to overtake his face. Coeus had made it! He had survived being alone, he had walked miles to come to their border, now he was taking his first step into pack life. It would be a step that would change his life forever. He allowed himself to lift his head high and do a little jittery shake of excitement and step through the marked border with a confidence that could have befit a valiant warrior.

He had almost forgotten to thank the giant that had made this possible, "Jazper, I promise I will not fail you! Somehow, I will repay the trust that you have given me today, whether it be in battle or through my books. It is my solemn promise." Coeus looked far from solemn with the smile on his face and hardly remembered to call Becca over from her grazing. She seemed to sense his well being and tossed her head with jovial motion. He was glad to see her happy and hoped that she would get along with the stable masters, he couldn't see why not with her soothing personality. The bigger concern was finding himself a place in this different reality that he was thrusting himself into. Hopefully, he could pull together his wit and youth to be in his favor. He definitely did not want to be making any enemies.

As they walked on, he spared one last glance to the life he was leaving behind. There would things he would miss, like spending days just with Becca and walking with no responsibility, but he knew he was walking into a better place. The nights of loneliness, facing the struggles of the wild unaided, and the ache of sorrow left by his mother leaving him. It was only a glance, he didn't pause or falter, it wasn't time for that. It was time to walk on.

<style>

</style>[/html]