if i fell on open fire
[html]

ooc - so this is going to be a slower paced thread, most likely, as i'm in France and the time difference is making my head explode, still! i'm also tremendously busy seeing Europe, so be sure to poke me if you haven't gotten a reply. I'd also really like to thread with ND characters Shandom hasn't met yet!

He found that he quite liked when the sun rose at the beginning of summer, streaking against the navy blue sky like splashes of vibrant paint against a darkened canvas. The reclusive Gamma often found himself staring whimsically as the sky gradually lightened into a new day, dark chocolate eyes soft with relaxation that wasn't particularly common in his every day expressions. Shandom Qi'Vaex-Nightslayer wasn't a wolf of gentle temperament, though he was unlikely to anger quickly in front of the rest of his packmates. But at times he felt the tumultuous emotions of his youth bubbling up and riling his dark blood in a way that was strangely refreshing - it made him feel like a child again.

The scarred male rested his head on his paws as he relaxed at the gaping maw of the den, already removed from his comfortable sleeping area where leaves conveniently molded into the shape of his weary and aging body. The summer helped the Gamma forget that the years were turning, but every breath he drew reminded him of the slow turn of his own mortality. It was a morbid train of thought, especially as he reflected on the new start of a day, but Shandom was prone to such a thing.

Daylight came quicker than he might have imagined, and Shandom supposed it might have been the reflex of the seasons. There were some who understood the reasoning behind the comings and goings of the sun, but he wasn't one of them. Shandom was a simple wolf, and had not shifted into his bipedal form in what felt like eons. For that matter, he had not socialized with another wolf in any extensive manner in far too long. The alabaster man was too accustomed to life as a loner, it seemed, and the adjustment period hadn't yet ended. It had been nearly six changes of the moon, though, and he was wondering when anything would begin to feel like home again.

Sighing, the lean male lifted himself from his comfortable perch at the front of the den and began a slow wander to a nearby brook. Perhaps he could catch some fresh fish for breakfast, or otherwise.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

Ookami was recovering, but he was still unable to really talk to her...or was it the other way around? Adonia kept him at arms length not sure what to do about her inner turmoil. Until then, she solely concentrated on training with her bird who was now her constant companion and quickly picking up low speech which Adonia was starting to understand the more she spoke with the usually silent bird. He was picking up well on higher speech as well, making her quite proud of the slowly growing bird. She was padding from the vast meadow to the den. On her way toward the den she came across one of the many streams and followed it down. It widened out slightly and the current picked up and the rocks within the stream roughed the calm serenity that was the stream.

Her bird companion was attempting to fly at moment soaring short distancing from branch to branch, he was mastering grasping the branches and landing from tree to tree. Her ears perked and she looked up watching him as he began to become excited. "You're improving vastly!" She mused at him. He just looked at her with pride in his eyes just as he took off again. His emotion got the best of him, breaking his concentration. The grasp of his talons failed him and he began to tumble down Adonia's breath hitched at the sight, and ran to catch him. His decent was quick, and soon the splash came, soaking her face. "Are you okay!?" She breathed, as she rushed to him. He was frantic and gurgled out, "H-h-help!" She was quick to react and grasped him gently onto the neck pulling him out of the water.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/a2cTX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#7ca336; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 350px 0px; color:#9fcd4d; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-1 b {color:#d8eebb; }
.adoniaaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adoniaaly-1 .wordcount {color:#9fcd4d; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #9fcd4d; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc - told you, slow Sad and i'm not feeling so muse-y lately... sorry it's awful!

His thoughts were rather calm as the male plodded pensively along, a contented sort of half grin curled across dark lips as he made his way through the dewy grass. Shandom could practically taste the fresh, delicious fish on his eager tongue - the Gamma had an unfortunate habit of not eating nearly enough, and it showed on his slightly thinned figure. He forced himself to make a mental note to do some training today - perhaps he would seek out one of the Epsilons for a friendly spar. Nothing made the former warrior feel more alive than the thrill of combat.

The male's quiet planning, however, was most unfortunately interrupted by the sound of a splash and an exclamation. Shandom's pace quickened as he hastened to the scene, hoping everything was perfectly all right and none of his compatriots were injured. An expression of concern and slight nerves gave the scarred Gamma a slightly crazed look - it had something to do with the scar, of course. The thing tarred practically any emotion he ever tried to make, but he'd made as much peace with it as was going to be made. The Luperci, unfortunately, hadn't advanced far enough to work magic. Or, at least, that's what he hoped.

He came across a female - Adonia, perhaps? He should have been more aware of his packmembers, and Shandom chastised himself internally for being so neglectful. But he was relieved - the splash appeared to have come from a bird, and he assumed the startled noise that he'd heard was one of actual regret, or something like that. Birds weren't exactly his favorite meal, but he could enjoy one from time to time. Perhaps this girl was hungry. His nature didn't even allow him to consider the idea that this could be a companion of hers. A slow smile spread across his lips as the Gamma assumed a more dominant position and trotted eagerly to his pack sister. I heard a commotion, but nothing appears to be amiss - are you okay? He didn't introduce himself, but would if the girl didn't know his name. That, unfortunately, would be most embarrassing.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

o=You're not alone...and don't worry about it Smile Just relax, and let the juices flow..lol

Word Count → 000

Just as she began to set her feathery friend down, a higher ranked member came rushing forward. His appearance was startling to her, and she attempted not to show her fear his slightly intimidating appearance. It wasn't too hard for her to do as Jefferson hadn't been the most clean and smooth looking figure. In this case, though, she hadn't expected it. It hadn't taken long for Adonia to figure out who it was in front of her. It was the Gamma, his posture and attitude showed his rank, but his name wasn't coming to her. She didn't want to embarrass herself so she just smiled and giving a light humored exhale alone with it. "No, I'm completely fine, my bird here is learning to fly...and well, I think he got over confident." She mused looking down at the eaglet...who wasn't much of a baby anymore. The large bird fluffed up and shook off the water, glaring up at her now, with both hurt pride and frustration. He had very few downy feathers left on his body, and she couldn't wait for his full color to shine through.

She glanced up to the Gamma, not meeting eyes, knowing that would just be wrong of her. It took a little bit of will power to resist the urge to do after a couple of years of living a non-canine traditional life. Her ingrained behavior overtook her urge. "I'm Adonia Demos and this is my companion...friend and hunting partner, Theos." It was the first time she said his name aloud, as she was still contemplating the name..but it seemed to fit well. The bird looked up at her for a moment then his eyes lite up with pride making up stretch out his back. He liked the name and it showed. "I am hoping that he'll be completely ready by fall for hunting, probably tracking down the herd patterns from the sky....I still have to talk to Augustus and see what he thinks about it...maybe Theos and I can help in the winter hunts." Her eyes lowered and she let her ears go back. She wasn't sure if her idea was dumb, and had kept it to herself for quite some time now. Hearing it out loud sounded good, but Adonia didn't want to be shot down if it turned out to be a humiliating idea. Theos looked seeing her behavior and he fluffed up blew out his nose making a slight hissing noise, mouth opening a little. It was a silent scolding to Adonia. He didn't like it when she became self-conscious as she was doing now. Adonia glanced over to him.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/a2cTX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#7ca336; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 350px 0px; color:#9fcd4d; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-1 b {color:#d8eebb; }
.adoniaaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.adoniaaly-1 .wordcount {color:#9fcd4d; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #9fcd4d; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]