a spark and a bit of sulfur
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 391

An arrow whizzed into the tree, and a fat grouse fell to the forest floor, the few others in its flock spreading out like wild fire, cackling with cries of warning and fear.

“Aly shot bird well,” Macbeth commented, fluttering down and perched upon the already dead body of the fowl. “In eye again.” The woman grinned in satisfaction as she rose from her hiding place, a bow gripped lightly in her hands and a game bag hanging heavily with a rodent she had killed merely an hour ago. It had been long since she had visited these woods, but with the coming spring, the animals were easy pickings, leaving their shelters in search of the bountiful food and unbeknownst to them that they were being hunted. She was able to get even more food now with the skills she did not have a year ago, and the reaping of her abilities was clearly shown.

Alyssum smiled at the magpie as he inspected her game, the arrow sticking cleanly in the bird’s eye like he had said. “It seems like I’m getting better with my aim. At this rate, I think I’ll be able to even hit a hummingbird, right through its heart,” the woman bragged, poking Macbeth in his chest to empathize her point. “Aly don’t get smart with Macbeth,” he grumbled, smoothing the feathers that the woman had disturbed. “Still better hunter than you. If not for Macbeth, never would have found bird.” “Shush, I didn’t say I’m the greatest hunter out there—I could be if I keep you by my side.” He fell silent for a moment, but soon scoffed, “That right, Macbeth make up bigger half of two. Make the best because of Macbeth only, Aly knows.”

The hybrid just rolled her eyes, and clicked her tongue, followed by a short whistle, and the magpie took to the air again, chirping to the woman below him. The de Fonte sighed, placing the gorse in her bag, and then set out deeper into the woods, an arrow posed on her bow. The return of the various bird calls told her everything was at peace again, and she remained tense, ready to take down anything that gave her opportunity to. She was silent as she stepped around trees, foam eyes zeroing in on every detail that surrounded her.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

Haha, sorry for the crappiness. Just wanted to post for you!

Word Count → 392

Skoll was beginning to like stealing from weasels. They were small creatures, smaller than most rabbits, which meant that it was easy to bully them into submission although they always put up a fight. However, despite their tiny size, the critters were excellent killers. Already the boy had seen one kill a rabbit, and the one he was currently following had found a small family of voles.

One by one, the stoat dispatched them, and when it was done, the golden wolf moved in. The bristling secui form was enough to make the creature rethink attacking this time, although it shrieked at him and tried to charge. Slamming his paw into its head, he rolled it over and over in the grass and barked when it managed to find its feet. Still giving him a death glare, the creature zipped in close to the boy again, grabbing one of the voles and darting away again before he could smack it a second time.

A little bit of meat was better than no meat, though, and Skoll wolfed down the voles pretty quickly. He didn’t use to like the idea of stealing even from lesser predators, but his journey with Terra had showed him how to use tricks. He still didn’t think he’d fall to scavenging long-dead prey or taking a meal from a fellow wolf or bear, but at least he knew how.

Wagging his tail, the blonde youth trotted on again. Some endurance was sacrificed for the strength and speed of this form, but he didn’t press himself hard as he explored the area.

Eventually, he realized that he was heading toward Casa di Cavalieri—Adelle’s pack. That realization made him scowl, and he paused for a second, ginger ears flicking down against his broad skull. Even when he wasn’t thinking about her, he was thinking about her, and the whole thing just made him uncomfortable.

He shook his head and marched on again, expression dark. Why shouldn’t he just continue on in this direction? The girl didn’t bother him. The butterflies in his tummy shouldn’t dictate where he walked.

His tread took on a marching quality, which was essentially a lot of stamping around. As he stormed through the grass, he accidentally flushed a grouse from its hiding place, jerking back in surprise as its feathers rained down on him.

<style>
.skrollgl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.skrollgl p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.skrollgl b {color:#b17600; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 2px; }
.skrollgl {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9JekK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#363633; border:#000 1px solid; letter-spacing:.4px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; height:500px;}
.skrollgl .inner {margin:13px 10px 12px 98px; padding:10px; height:455px; overflow:auto;}
.skrollgl .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b17600; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px;}
.skrollgl .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.skrollgl b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
.skrollgl b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

but i love raze "crap" |: <3

Word Count → 313

The moment before the bird had taken flight, she was distracted by the sounds of a creature; it was large by the noises its feet were making, and wondered for a moment what it could be. But, the shuffling of feathers brought her attention away from the footsteps, and launched the arrow at the bird that had tried to escape. On target, it fell to the ground, though with not as much finesse as the woman would have wanted it to be. But, then again, she had no idea that the bird was there, and her mind went back to what had originally disturbed the creature.

“Who’s out there?” she called out, picking her way towards were the grouse had been shot, her steps as quiet as if she was still hunting. If the thing that flushed the bird was a beast, it would either run, being a deer or some other hooved animal and would fled if the arrow did not scare it, or attack her, Alyssum knowing the dangers that haunted these woods. She had quickly drawn another arrow and pressed it lightly against the string, ready to launch it at whatever force that would oppose her.

But, as she rounded the tree, she instead found a golden male, glinting in the dappled rays of the sun, and directed her weapon down a bit, though kept it pose, being the paranoid woman she was. The unknown canine was in his secui form, and if he decided to, would put up a good fight if he decided upon it, for whatever reason; not many needed an excuse to attack without provocation. “Greetings, there. I would have to thank you for the bird, I guess—I don’t think I would have found it otherwise,”she murmured, wary, unsure if the boy was friendly or not. “My name is Alyssum de Fonte; what say you?”

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>[/html]