Sky Above, Earth Below
[html]
Words – 300+

How often did this scene come about? An obsidian alpha laying on his back with claws intertwined behind his head just observing the sky. He seemed to be relaxing the day away and enjoying the warm sun on his wounded body. The grass beneath his heavy form bent and slipped its way past the water proof protection of his thick under coat and tickled the tender skin that resided there whenever he moved. His breathing was calm and eyes relaxed as they drifted from cloud to cloud, trying to catch each one as they zipped by. Jaden had never really stopped to just look at the sky and thus had never noticed how the clouds moved so quickly. His trained eyes could pick up the slight warping as an unseen force dragged each puffy white object across the plane above. It was quite beautiful in a peaceful, natural sort of way. And somehow, it had always slipped into the backdrop of life. Such a beauty had always been around but he had never stopped to observe this gift that was his and the world’s to behold.

In truth, this bit of relaxation was rightfully earned. Ever since claiming of his land had begun, few moments of nothing had managed to find him. And a mind needed these moments to ponder over all it took in. Unfortunately, this was exactly what Jaden was trying to avoid. He didn’t want to let his mind wander over what it had. He instead found a point of relaxation similar meditation. The clouds filled all his thoughts. When thoughts, like the sometimes broken threads of a woven rope, strayed away from this main idea they were quickly and skillfully clipped off. The dens around him fell away. The feeling of grass in his fur became numb when his movements stilled and breathing slowed. Nothing existed after a while, nothing but the clouds above and their soft and ever changing shapes.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenland1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#333333; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #500000; }
.jadenland1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenland1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... e440px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #500000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#500000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenland1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenland1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

There was no greater pleasure than the scents of home. The desired reminders of family and friends and the fragrant aroma of the lands they claimed. Truly it was a wonderful feeling to be home again, to look across the expanse and know it was theirs. The Issor had only been back for a couple days now, but still it felt she had been gone forever. The communal grounds had been her haunt since returning, taking the role of a caretaker and keeping the area smooth and stone free for the Family to walk and interact. The task of hunting, she left to the others knowing there was plenty of dried game in the caches around the territory and fresh meat was theirs to have so long as their fangs were willing. These days of hers were for relaxation and to reacquaint herself with these claimed lands.

And of course, find a little time to indulge in developed vices.

A little trait she picked up from her prior leader was the occasional smoke of the fine Ichika cannabis which had grown quite wild in absence of a field tender. She had gathered what she could on her return to the Wentworth, taking her own collection as well as fresh buds to dry and roll into portable leaves. While rolling them was an effortless task, finding a means to light them was a whole different matter. Through trial and error, she found it best to start a small fire within the interior of the Alpha’s den then light her little treats from there. But while it was nice to sit and enjoy, she was lured by the sweet songs of the day to bask under the sunlight with her rolled leaf in maw. And such a day it was…

The wind played kindly with her freed mane, combing through the manicured tresses as well as teasing the trophies bound to her shoulder and forearm. And with the wind came the familiar scents of the land and that of her partner with it. Her ears perked up happily and tail began its eager sway as she followed his scent toward where he lay. Her steps lacked the hesitance brought on by uncertainty. Though they shared a bond that bordered the romantic, she had come to terms that it could not be… but there was no reason she could find as to why they could not be as they had been; comfortable and at ease with each other. Friends bond by love and loyalty to each other. Inhaling both the air and his scent, she smiled down at the lying male as her shadowed gently caressed his form. “Well…hello there." the smoke curled from her lips as she breathed. Taking care of her leaf, she grasped it between her middle and index digit before speaking again in her usual soft, kind tone. “Would you mind if I joined you on this wonderful day, my friend? Less you wish to have this moment to bask alone…”

502 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words – 300+

There was so much peace in his mind that his blue eyes fell closed after the clouds began to loser their spender. His thoughts began to forget their tamed state and wandered toward dreams of ideas suppressed. For what felt like hours to an inactive mind was only minutes before the sound of footsteps and a cold shadow broke his spell. Eyes obviously struggling to regain earthly bearings snapped open only to be filled with the same face from the ghostly beginnings of his dream, Hello, he managed to mumble slightly off key.

Though he quickly found himself again in reality, his body was slow to awaken. He drew the muscular arms that had served to rest his crown back over his chest and felt how stiff they had become whilst he had been lounging. Claws intertwined as they found a new position resting on his belly and he smiled up at the woman standing above him, There is… plenty of day for the both of us. The hesitation as he corrected his words was minute and almost unnoticeable. What had almost slipped past his lips were the words “no one I’d rather share it with”. Remembering how she last responded to that easily convinced him that different words would be appropriate now.

All the thoughts he had been trying to avoid came easily with her presence. His guilt didn’t show but tainted him with every breath he drew of her scent. His choice was still unmade. It hadn’t been settled in his mind and he had come to no terms with it. It jabbed at him enough that his sleepy mind didn’t notice the odd role hanging from his friend’s lips right way. The burning thing put off a bitter odor that eventually got his attention and he recognized it but had no special name for this. He assumed it was just a cigarette. His eyes turned questioningly on it. He hadn’t known his dear friend to be a smoker. But he said nothing for now, waiting to see how she planned to join him before starting any sort of conversation.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenland1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#333333; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #500000; }
.jadenland1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... e440px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #500000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#500000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

While drawing another breath of the acrid leaf, the Nomad decided with minimal thought to seat herself rather close to her companion. Shifting her lush tail to the side and pulling her freed mane over her shoulder, she sat carefully beside him and turned just a little to recline and rest her head against his uninjured side. She brought her digits to her lips as the faint blue smoke rolled from her parting lips. A heavy smile adorned her face as her gaze drifted to the clouds in a kind of wonder.

“It is so beautiful…” she sang softly, drawing another breath from the leaf. “There are days like this that I look upon the lands and acknowledge that we have done well. There was a dream that began as that, but was cared for and nurtured into something real.” The rolling thinning plumes drifted away as her stream of conscious thought began. For a moment, the leaf was forgotten between her fingers, burning slowly til the single wavering stem of smoke was doused and the roll was stilled. With a dreamlike smile, she carried on.

“It is not wonderful, my friend? To see a dream made real?”

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words – 200+

An Obsidian muzzle turned so blue eyes could watch as the golden woman situated herself. There was an odd look about her. The way she moved and the look on her face seemed strange. Too light and carefree for the way he felt and the way he thought she did. Maybe he was over reacting? Or maybe she had already gotten over him… that didn’t sound like her though. But what else could explain it?

These thoughts were stupid. He was to find wrong in her happiness now? He sighed and let his gaze fall back to the sky as she got comfortable. No, the day was nice. He could worry about it later and just enjoy the feel of her so close. His claw found over to her resting crown and gently combed through her thick mane fondly. Her voice carried the same strange lightness on it but what she had to say still rang true. They had accomplished a lot in building their home. Thought they had lost all of Ichika no-Hoen now. Not a single member had seen it through to this new home except him and her. She was still all he had of that past and it was one of the reasons he was so fond of the woman. It made him smile sincerely. The problem he found himself in now didn’t tarnish the grand spectacle of what they had accomplished together. It is wonderful. We have a new home, a new family. And all of this has you to thank as do I. Without your dream and your dedication, my dear friend, we would never have gotten this far.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The spark of her leaf had long since extinguished but the scent of it lingered for a time. As the careful winds caressed the pelts of the lounging wolves, so did it stir the lingering blue wisps til they faded to nothing and with pungent odor taken as well. Then there was only the pleasant musk of her partner to tickle her nose and birth a smile of content and curl her tail with delight. As his delicate claws combed through her freed mane, her ears fell comfortably against her skull as she growled softly in her private ecstasy.

His words to her rang sweetly in her ears though was not the cause of her elated mood. Simply laying beside him was enough, lounging on this uneventful day watching the clouds roll lazily by. "It is not only because of a dream," she lightly contested, bringing her now empty hands to rest on her stomach. The leaf remained unlit and untouched by her leg. "But because of your willingness and your faith to see it come to fruition. An accomplishment like this could not be down by one alone. I thank the ancestors each day for bringing you back into my life... Without you, this dream would not have been made real... And I could have continued to wander down that dark path had you not been my light at the end to guide me through..."

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words – 200+

He hadn’t truly grasped how similar they felt for each other until that moment. He knew she loved him just as she knew he loved her, but that she looked at him like a guiding light, a savior from darkness was truly warming. These were the exact words he would have used for her. That is, if he were to say such a thing outright… like she just had. It was a strange occurrence from the usually emotionally hidden woman. He looked down on her with loving eyes and a proud smile while continuing to comb his claws through her long tresses. His heart swelled with all the feeling he had for her in it. It made avoiding uncomfortable thoughts much easier.

Jaden propped himself up on one arm and tried not to disturb his companion too much. There he looked upon her with that warm expression. Thank you, was all he could manage in response. In truth, he had recently begun to believe she deserved better. Hearing her say how much she appreciated him nurtured the doubt he had in himself. He moved to hold her head in his lap, if she didn’t decide to rise on her own accord, so he could sit and still run his paws through her hair. He found her eyes with a happy but questioning gaze. What has put you in such a fine mood today?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Who, but the ancestors could say was the cause for the woman's elated mood. Perhaps it was the day itself for the chemical of the leaf still coursing through her body. Or perhaps it was simply the scent of her friend and partner that set her mood on high and conjured this profound feeling to swell within her breast, brightening an otherwise contemplative mood.

But when asked she could think of nothing verbal in response, only a warm smile was the tell of what her heart truly wished to convey. Having felt him move beneath her, she came to rest beside him with an arm propped to hold her up and the other carefully braced behind his back to ensure he could hold his angle. Disregarding their circumstance, the drama their lives had become intertwined within, she leaned into him with every intention of nuzzling her golden muzzle into a firm obsidian shoulder with soft whines of content.

"Can I not be in a fine mood?" her melodious tones were comprised in humor carrying such a light tune that one could easily have mistaken her for giddy. She met his gaze from beneath her auburn shroud, shimmering with a mischievous light that could hardly be considered innocent. "Perhaps it is you that has put me in such a mood, my dearest friend...."

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words – 200+

Her every movement, every contented look and sound was sweet music and gentle art. He knew then that there was truly nothing better. Only full acceptance of what should be could make it any sweeter. But he didn’t let his mind slip that far. This moment should be envied and not spoiled. He relinquished his grasp on her fur for a more meaningful hug. He wrapped his arms around her sweetly and held her muzzle as it came close. A soft bass rustle rumbled from him to convey his pleasure in having her close.

He chuckled softly at her words, You are most certainly aloud to have a fine mood. You’ve made me smile. I’m glad I can do the same. He nuzzled her lightly about the neck before releasing her. Then he fell comfortably back onto the grass and stretched out to his full height. The relaxed muscles of his body were getting used to movement again but would not let up without some compensation. This took the form of an impossible to stifle wide yawn. When it passed, Jaden smiled and took in a deep and sweet breath laden with her scent. He looked up at her and his hands fell intertwined over his belly. What have you been up to?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The song she played for him through her words were meant for his ears alone to receive. The subtle crescendo of her voice, the careful play of her tones to his ears, much more was comprised within that silent song than a conscious stream of words alone. And she knew that he would know... he would always know. Yet it was disheartening to believe...to even ponder on the thought that his words to her were simply just that; words meant to appease her ears but not her heart.

Though she smiled to him and felt her heart swell with the kind touch he gave to her, it was not without a subtle pain that she received them with no tell except for the minute twitch at the tip of her tail. Having him so near was a blessing and at the same time, a dreadful sting into her soul. A bed of violet roses... yes. That was what their loved had become. A tantalizing anomaly that drew her nearer by its beauty and scent and through she tried to embrace it and steal a blossom for herself, the ruthless thorns were there to greet her, piercing mercilessly through her hide. Rapturous as those blossoms were, they were not hers to have. He was not hers to have. But upon the tips of the thorns, she could admire their beauty and try once more to withstand the pain of their touch.

With a fond smile, she followed the decent of her beloved friend to the ground and smoothly draped an arm across him. Still upright, she leaned over his lying form lowering her head toward his muzzle as streams of red veiled the pair in a private reserve. "Hm..." softly, she mulled over his question, recalling the past few days' events. "I returned to our old home for a short time to retrieve a few things that were forgotten during our move. And on my return, I met a young female who was troubled by a bird. I helped the two communicate with each other. What about you? What you been 'up' to?"

352 words.

[/html]
[html]
Yes, this is a girly table. SOOOOOOO? Words - 300

He hadn’t intentionally let his voice fall with so much less emotion than his beloved’s. Trying so desperately to ignore all the drama they had to live with was trying and caused his voice to fall with the same wanted numbness. He knew how she felt and every fiber in his being desired to assure her again that he did too. But he ignored them, trying to simply enjoy the day with his dear friend.

He wouldn’t escape her love so easily. As he lay back to relax, she pressed over him. Her touch was warm and her scent inescapable. Fiery curtains fell around him and blocked out all else but her loving features and wonderful smile. Memories of a rainy day flashed into his mind. Pain, pleasure, all the lust, and her oh so desired warmth crammed into his mind so fast, his heart jumped with a bit of excitement. Unnecessary and misplaced excitement as it was still nonetheless brought a shallow sigh of content and desire from him.

He smiled up at her a little shyly with hidden embracement at his own wandering mind while he tried to catch the tail of her words. They had fallen on distracted ears and it took him a moment to recall them. He brushed some of the locks away from her amber eyes and gazed into them fondly during that warm and quiet moment. Well… It was a bit difficult to take his mind from her so he could delve into the happenings of the past few days. I set up a fire and plenty of wood to fuel it atop celebration plateau yesterday, where I also officially met Pendzez… Other than that, I have done remedial chores to keep up our land. He pushed his muzzle up and licked hers affectionately before grinning at her happily again. You are kind to share your skill with a stranger, His complement was sweet as honey and fully honest. His grin shifted slightly to show the pride he had in holding her love.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenna b {font-weight:bold; color:#c9a5de; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #644477; }
.jadenna p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenna {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#a66ec6; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/o56c9j.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b3c86; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenna p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenna p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: O.O it's so....girlie!!!

The ease songs of the afternoon continued to play in her ears, creating an ambient tune for the pair made victim of the splendors of spring. From her hovering height she peered down into the rapturous blues of her dearest friend, wading through the shaded hues for whatever she may find. But it was not blindly that she searched his depths, seeking something akin to what was reflected within her own. Again, lured by the beauty of the violet rose but was careful not to draw to close to its barbs.

How words though surfaced by her own were lost upon her song-filled ears. The daze in her eyes held little interest for what she had asked to know, but her ears received them, albeit distantly, none the less. She hummed in absent response, addressing that she had heard though no words were offered on the speaker’s behalf. She stared at the contented beast lying upon the grass, a woman enraptured with desire, with happiness, and a love that was held back by the lips that wished to betray her.

But when her lips would not allow her to speak, they part the way instead for a gentle tongue to slip free and caress the length of his darkened maw appreciatively…lovingly. Then her golden maw slid along its shadowed mate, leaving no trace untouched then rested comfortably against his cheek. And like an enraptured pup, she giggled in mirth with a mind lost in the belief that it was only they that existed on this pleasant day.

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200

There is an indescribable beauty found in beloved eyes. One can look into them and get lost but feel found all at once. They can bid safety and offer times of unknown feeling, all of which couldn’t possibly be safe. That is what he found in the woman who looked down upon him. Her amber gaze was so soft that it poured into him like a golden river. He knew what she looked for and hoped she could find the incredible love laden in his blue eyes. The awkward decision that still loomed over him disappeared in their moment. It melted away with the soft touch of her tongue. Her kisses freed him.

Her joyous voice warmed him even more than any touch. She was as happy to just be there, with him, as he was to hold her. He let her rest against his jaw. The moment was perfect and he didn’t want to spoil a single second of it. But he had the undeniable desire to show her his affection. So when she grew tired of resting on him and tried to pull away, he would take a firm hold of her and pull her over him. Setting her down gently, he would then prop himself up and their positions would be reversed. She would see a mischievous grin about his features just before he lowered his muzzle to kiss her gently and lovingly. He wouldn’t giggle once they were done, but instead sigh happily and look to rest his dark crown against her golden chest.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenna b {font-weight:bold; color:#c9a5de; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #644477; }
.jadenna p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenna {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#a66ec6; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/o56c9j.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b3c86; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenna p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenna p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]