Returning, Only to Leave Again
[html]
OOC Laughs

It was a beautiful day, silence reigning through the valley. Occasionally the call of birds echoed through, a slight wind moving through the air. A dark shadow could be seen stepping through gracefully, barely leaving a presence behind her. Dalgina's shy nature had lent towards her ability to move quietly, the necklaces that softly clinked on her neck the only sound she made. Confusion was clear on her features as she passed through the valley, searching. Something was wrong with this. The valley wasn't how it was supposed to be.

Perhaps it'd been too long since she'd come. Perhaps Dalgina had forgotten her way back to Ichika. Fear gripped her heart, looking through the valley, desperately searching for the borders that she knew had to be nearby. There wasn't any sign that this land was changed from where she'd passed through before. The scents of others were just as rare, no peaceful radiating feeling or the sense of closeness that she'd grown up with. Sitting down Dalgina stared at the ground, trying not to cry. Where was the pack? Where was Fatin? Where was X'yrin? Where was Kiara?

<style type="text/css">
.dreamyflies b {font-weight:bold; color:#9999cc; letter-spacing:.5px}
.dreamyflies p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.dreamyflies {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#f0aade; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/w1v1ac.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #ebc7d7; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#93649d; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 408

OOC

There was no point in returning to the former pack lands; nothing was there for her. It had been nearly two weeks since she had lost her son to the wilderness and had moved her only remaining puppy to New Dawn. So why had she returned to the lands where Ichika no Ho-en had once resided? Kiara felt a longing, a strange sense of hope that if she just returned she would find Kohaku. That if she looked a little harder he would be at her old den waiting for her to return. The young mother knew that her hope was in vain and that her trip would be worthless, but she couldn't stop herself.

Before leaving the pack lands, Kiara had left Lucia in Tharin's care. She had told Tharin the reason for her departure. She just needed to look, one last time. The arctic female had set out early that morning, even before the sun had chased away the night. As she traveled through the cool neutral territories, the moon kissed the horizon and slowly disappeared behind a line of trees. By the time she had started her search, morning had arrived and the dark sky had begun to shine. Kiara searched for hours, calling Kohaku's name and following the almost non-existant scent trail.

It was only after several hours that the young mother finally gave up on her search. Kohaku was long gone and most likely dead. Kiara sat defeated in the clearing where he den once was. Already the grass had begun to regrow and her scent had faded from the area. Sorrow overwhelmed the snowy female and she simply let it drip from her eyes in great tears. The young mother was only able to pull herself back together when high noon had passed and the sun had begun its decent back towards the earth. She stood and slowly made her way back to New Dawn.

Kiara walked with her head limp and her spirits even lower. Her paws dragged across the ground, scraping against the dirt and tearing at the grass. The land felt empty, sorrowful. It took Kaira a while to realize that she had steered off coarse and was going farther south than she had intended to go. Temporarily lost, the young mother raised her head to get her bearings. That's when she noticed it, a black luperci standing tall and looking about as sad and desperate as she felt.

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Springmom .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

The scent of a wolf blew towards the lupine pup. Lifting her head Dalgina dared to hope a little. Perhaps it was a member of Ichika, here to tell her where the pack was and help her go there. She did want to see Kiara really badly, tell her everything that had been happening. So much had been changing in her life. All she wanted was the comfort of the white wolf again, to pretend that she was still as young as she once had been, that the horror of seeing her mother covered in injuries and leaving it behind hadn't happened.

She stepped closer, a little hesitant. Dalgina didn't want to find out that it wasn't really someone from Ichika. Taking in another breath Dalgina's tail ducked into a frenzy. She knew that scent! It was Kiara! Bounding over joyfully Dalgina barked. Kiara! Kiara! Reaching her friend Dalgina bowed down playfully before bouncing up again, nuzzling at her and dancing around. She had found her! Dalgina had been so scared that she was lost, but had managed to make her way there all the same. She was back.

<style type="text/css">
.dreamyflies {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#f0aade; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/w1v1ac.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #ebc7d7; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#93649d; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000

OOC

A black, lupus formed female stood close to place where the old Ichikan boarders used to reside. The area was once lined with freshly picked flowers and scattered scent markings. After nearly a month without care, the flowers had wilted and disappeared into the earth while X'yrin's scent marks had completely dissipated from the area. The land had become neutral territories, but for some reason the black wolf-dog appeared to have stopped as if she once knew the boarder. However, when Kiara sampled the air, all she could smell was a female from a foreign pack.

To Kiara's surprise and astonishment, the midnight female shouted her name in an all too familiar voice as she bounded towards the larger wolf. "Dalgina!" The arctic female jumped forward to greet Dalgina, her tail wagging ferociously behind her. Although her previous sorrow hadn't been forgotten, it had been set aside to make from for the happy reunion. The black teenager leaned into a play bow briefly before she shot forward and showed Kiara with nuzzles while she danced around.

The young mother couldn't believe her eyes. Although Dalgina still had her disproportionately large paws, she had filled out into a beautiful young wolf. The puppy was nearly as tall as Kiara; a drastic change since the last time the two had seen each other. On top of that, she had taken on the proportions of an adult, minus her paws and a few other minor features. Dalgina's scent had changed dramatically to the point that it was unrecognizable. The black wolf-dog moved fluidly as she danced, showing just how powerful she had become. Dalgina was no longer the weak, but spirited puppy Kiara once knew.

"It's good to see you again. Just look at how much you have grown." Kiara stepped forward, licking thee puppy's muzzle and nuzzling her younger friend. Kiara had been so invested in Dalgina's life before, so it was almost like having a daughter return home.

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Kiara's happy cries sent Dalgina into an even higher frenzy as they raced to meet each other, black and white meeting in a mix in the middle. She had missed Kiara so much! It just wasn't the same, life without her. She investigated Kiara with all the gusto she could manage, sniffing along her body and taking in the scents. Confusion crossed her features at the pack scent. It wasn't Ichika, but another one that lined Kiara's fur. She could smell a pup as well, but the other two were missing from the mixed scents. She smelled healthy, with the scent of a male intermingled. The scent of woods and fields covered her, places of bounty to play in.

Dalgina rested into the soft nuzzles, tail still whipping around. She stilled her body, returning to the more obedient calm form that usually was used when being cuddled, enjoying the close contact. She licked happily at Kiara's chin. So much has changed! I shifted. I can go on two legs now, and I paint. I'm trying really hard to make nice pictures. I have my own bird as well. His name's Tehu, and he's a beautiful red and blue kestrel. Very powerful. Her head arched with pride as she spoke about him. Where's everyone else? Why don't you smell like Ichika? She looked innocently at Kiara, already falling back into the sweet questing nature from before.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 341

OOC

Seeing Dalgina again was like a dream come true. The happy reunion had cast light onto such a disheartening situation and made the white female's trip almost worth the heartbreak and sense of loss. Her low feelings were swept aside by the puppy's joyful antics and soon the two female's had collided into each other. Their furs mixed into a monochromatic mess and blended together. Both female's investigated the other, taking the time to investigate the scents and find out what the other had been doing. Dalgina smelled strongly of her new pack, and of a bird. Kiara, who was never fond of birds, smirked at the scent.

At last, Dalgina calmed down and simply seemed to revel in the close contact. Kiara did the same as she pressed against her smaller comrade. A quick lick traveled down the arctic female's chin, which made her smile only grow brighter. Kiara listened diligently as Dalgina told her adventures of the past few months and how she had changed. Upon hearing that the younger female had shifted, Kiara couldn't help but have mixed feelings. On one had, it was an amazing step in Dalgina's life. On the other, she was no longer bound to a single form and the change only made the snowy wolf painfully aware of her own situation.

Once the black wolf-dog's speech was finished, she asked her usual string of questions. The young mother, unwilling to mar their reunion and burden the young female with the truth, chose her words carefully before speaking. "Well, many complicated things happened and everyone had to go their own way. I move with my family to New Dawn. We have been there for a few weeks now, so you needn't worry." Kiara did her best to keep any negative feelings from coating her words so that they sounded comforting. Desperate to change the subject Kiara turned back to Dalgina's achievements. "It's wonderful to hear that you have shifted. How are you enjoying your new forms? How is your family doing? Do you like your pack?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Go their own way? Dalgina thought back to a conversation with Mahn shortly after they arrived in Cercatori d'Arte. She had spoken about choosing a path to follow, about how it might lead her away from her family. Dalgina hadn't believed it at the time, but now she could see how it would happen. She could see how some would leave to follow their own paths. Her tail slowed a little, understanding that in some way, Ichika no longer existed, only a distant dream. Dalgina didn't know if she'd still remember Ichika as she grew older, or if she would forget all but her friends. Her memories were the only place Ichika still resided, after all.

New Dawn would be a place Dalgina would have to visit now. She wanted to know all about Kiara's new pack, and be part of her dear friend's life again, the one she'd never forget. Even if Ichika faded, Kiara certainly wouldn't. She was too much a part of what Dalgina was. I like having hands. I can make lots of pictures now. I carve, and I can pet Tehu. I climb trees too. I made some carvings for my siblings. She stretched her neck out, letting Kiara see the snowflake resting around her neck. Keldava's clumsy! She trips over herself. Pandora and Honrin got secretive though, always together. I don't see them much.

Dalgina frowned briefly, missing the closeness she used to share with her siblings. Why had they split off like this? It used to be all of them playing together, even if Pandora and Honrin had always been closer. Now though, it was a wall. Mahn's happy, and Papa makes lots of things for the pack! The pack's okay. I made some friends there. I have one, her name's Taru. She can't see, but she makes really amazing things, and knows everything! Her tail wagged happily before looking guiltily at Kiara. What if Kiara thought Dalgina didn't want her around anymore because someone else could answer her questions? Not like you though. Her words different.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Seeing Dalgina react to the sad news in such an adult manner sent a shock wave through the older female's brain. The puppy had grown not only physically, but mentally. Although she wasn't an adult, it was clear to Kaira that the black wolf-dog was no longer a child. The change was sudden, shocking. Where was her sweet, innocent puppy? The reality that Kiara had missed such a large part of Dalgina's life hit the young mother hard. Although it was great that the puppy had grown so much, Kiara wished she could have been there to see Dalgina mature into the fine young female she had become.

Kiara nodded as the black female described all of the benefits of shifting. An amused smirk crossed the arctic female's face for a moment when Dalgina spoke of climbing trees. Like mother like daughter. During the winter festival, the snow wolf had found Jace in a tree. The smirk quickly dissipated as curiosity for Dalgina's necklace took over. A carved snowflake hung around the female's neck and Kiara dipped her head to get a better look. "Very pretty." The young mother's comment was sincere, although she knew nothing about woodcarving. Learning such skills were impossible when bound to a single form.

Mixed feeling arose as Dalgina described a wolf named Taru. It was nice to know that someone had taken on Kiara's old role and was looking out for Dalgina. At the same time, Kiara couldn't help but feel like she had been replaced. "I'm happy to hear that you and your family are doing well." A gentle lick was given to the puppy, almost a silent blessing to Dalgina. Kiara wished she could be there for the black female, but Dalgina lived to far away for that dream to ever become a reality.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC just realized neither "mother" she has can actually appreciate her art XD

Her tail wagged with excitement at Kiara's compliment. It was one of the first carvings she'd made, along with the other pendants she'd given to her siblings. It was rough, as most first carvings were, but she'd been guided in her work, letting the snowflake actually look like the soft flakes Dalgina loved so much instead of a scribbled carving without shape. She was glad Kiara liked it. No one had really had the time to look at it before, only showing it to her siblings, who were much more interested in their own necklaces than looking at hers.

Her head bowed down, snuggling close at the gentle lick. I missed you. So many questions, and it was hard to ask. Taru had helped with that, but the shy nature that had grown had made that difficult at first. She peppered the wood carver with questions all the time now, but that first step had been difficult, leaving her aching for the female that stretched out beside her. No one could really replace Kiara. Do the puppies have names now? Dalgina remembered naming them, but she couldn't remember what their nicknames had been.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 287

OOC

Kiara did not want to let Dalgina know about her troubles in the past few months. A puppy, no matter how big, should not have to be burdened by death and loss. The young mother wanted to make sure that Dalgina was left in the dark as long as possible. Unfortunately, Dalgina was riddled with the worst questions she could ask. Kiara wasn't surprised; the black puppy had a knack for finding just the questions she shouldn't ask. Sad, blue eyes stared down at the young female; her black body was pressed tightly into Kiara's. What was she supposed to say?

The white wolf took a deep breath, pushing back her sorrow and pain while trying to hide her feelings from Dalgina. Kiara smiled as she nuzzled the wolf dog. Dalgina was in a way, her daughter too. "I missed you too Dalgina. I'm sorry that we couldn't stay together. At least you have your family and new friend." When the young mother pictured Taru, she thought of a young wolf like Dalgina, although perhaps a little bit older. "Yes, the puppies did receive their names. My completely white daughter was named Anna. Her sister became Lucia, and their brother was named Kohaku after his grandfather."

A knot formed in her chest as she spoke of her dead daughter and missing son. Kohaku had most likely died by the hands of some predator who had caught the puppy wandering around by himself. Anna had died just after receiving her name. The memories were painful and ate at Kiara's heart. Even so, Kiara was glad that she had given Anna a name. Although it was cute how Dalgina had given them all nicknames, none of her choices were proper names.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Her tail wagged as she rubbed underneath Kiara, perfectly fine with the gentle attention granted to her by the white female that she looked up to. As far as she was concerned, Kiara knew everything, always ready to help her out with anything that happened. Yes, I have family. Taru's nice too. I'll come to visit more though. Don't want to stay away for so long again. She would make sure of it. She could travel now after all, no longer a tiny helpless pup that couldn't go anywhere without encountering things that would harm her.

Her tail wagged, listening as she learned the names of the pups that she was yet to see again. They were truly beautiful, ones that were made for Kiara's pups. They're perfect! It was old news, perhaps, but it still made Dalgina happy to hear about it, oblivious to the sorrow the subject had brought up in her dearest friend. Reaching up she licked at her chin, happy she'd made the trip. I met someone from New Dawn yesterday. She was really nice.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 329

OOC

To have such a special moment marred by the loss of her child was maddening. The past months events made what should have been a miraculous and joyous meeting, nothing more than a bittersweet moment filled with the taste of regret and longing. Unanswered questions swam through Kiara's head, despite her best effort to focus on Dalgina. What could she have done differently? Was there anyway she could have prevented what had happened to Kohaku? If only she hadn't been so stubborn and paranoid.

Dalgina's promise to visit didn't make Kiara happy as it should have. If the puppy visited in the future, she would realize that Kiara had kept Anna and Kohaku's fates a secret. Even so, the young mother couldn't bring herself to tell the black puppy the truth. More than anything, the scarred female wanted to put off their next meeting for as long as possible. She knew her charade would eventually crumble, if only she could delay that moment until Dalgina was old enough to bear the news. "You shouldn't leave home too much, it would only make your family worry." Kiara leaned down and gently lick Dalgina's forehead. "Just don't wait too long to visit again."

For a brief moment, the young mother felt a swell of pride in her breast as Dalgina praised the names. Kiara had spent a long time pondering their names, wondering which ones to pick and if they would suit her puppies. To have Dalgina give such a compliment was a high honor. "Thank you." The black child stretched her head to give Kiara a quick, happy lick under the chin. The arctic female's curiosity grew as Dalgina admitted that she met someone else from New Dawn. Kiara cocked her head to the side and asked, "You did? Who was it?" A list of names ran through Kiara's mind as she pondered everyone she knew. There were the Alpha's, Tharin, Noah, and Drin. Did Dalgina meet one of them?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Cocking her head Dalgina considered Kiara's words. True, she didn't like it when Keldava went off and disappeared for some time. Maybe her family felt the same way. Dalgina didn't pay much attention to where she would go, caught up in her day dreams. No one ever scolded her for that, though they always seemed happy to see her return. Then again...

Dalgina shook her head, mind made up. They won't miss me. They're too busy. Keldava goes on adventures too! They were all busy. Thinking about it, Dalgina realized that she actually missed her family. She hadn't been gone from home for very long, but she just wanted to head back now, curl up with her siblings and be safe and warm. She stayed still as Kiara licked her, enjoying the simple attention, wishing she had more of it. Her tail wagged behind her. Next time you can meet Tehu. He would be old enough for that then.

Asked who she had met Dalgina grew excited. Her tail thumped on the ground as she spun off, facing before Kiara. She said her name's Fayne! I was sleeping, and she wondered how I got paint on my body. Giggling at the memory Dalgina turned so Kiara could see the faded splashes from her mishap with the paints she had found. They were barely visible now, but still stubbornly sticking, bright and easy to locate.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Kiara's heart sank at Dalgina's words, words that no mother wanted to hear. If Jace knew how her puppy felt she would surely be heartbroken. Of course Jace and Temo would miss Dalgina, of course her siblings would notice the black female's absence. So why did Dalgina think differently? What if Lucia thought that way? What if Kohaku had felt that way? "Dalgina don't ever say that again!" The ferocity in the arctic female's voice startled even herself. It was a sudden burst of anger and pain, yet that didn't excuse her for practically yelling at the puppy. The young mother's voice and feature's softened when she spoke next. "Of course your family would miss you, that is what it means to be family."

"I would love to meet Tehu." It was yet another white lie she had to add to her growing list of lies that she had told Dalgina. In reality, Kiara had no love for birds. They were noisy and loud and stole food. Most of the birds in the area, especially the crows, had been victim to a chase or pestering from Kiara.

The name that Dalgina gave was unfamiliar to Kiara, but she nodded and tried to commit the name to memory. If Fayne was kind to Dalgina, then she was a wolf Kiara would want to know. The snow wolf cocked her head to the side as Dalgina spoke of the paint on her. What was paint? Kiara didn't want to ask Dalgina, but her curious mind couldn't help but look at the dimly colored spots on the black girl's coat. "Your colorful," she exclaimed excitedly. The spots reminded Kiara of some of the oddly colored fur that she had seen on several canines. So that was how they did it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Dalgina's changed so much

Her eyes grew wide at the harsh voice. Immediately Dalgina crouched down, small frame hugging the ground. She hadn't expected that. Her tail was tucked as she listened to the words. Don't say that? Even if it was true? She missed her family, really missed them. But she didn't believe they missed her. Dalgina nodded her head as Kiara spoke, eyes almost angry as she looked at the ground. Kiara didn't believe her, and she'd been yelled at. Her tail hung low, wishing she hadn't spoken up. She would be more careful what she told Kiara now. She didn't want to be yelled at again.

Dalgina nodded, a small smile on her face as Kiara said she'd love to meet Tehu. Dalgina hoped she really would. If Kiara didn't like Tehu, it would be difficult, as they were spending more and more time together doing things. Her tail wagged as Kiara grew excited about the colors on her body, acting like a puppy. Yes. Paint did that. It fell out from the tree, and spilled on the ground. I fell in it. Her tail wagged happily, enjoying the rather goofy story. She'd acted so silly, but it had been fun.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

OOC

It wasn't Kiara's intention on scolding the puppy, nor did she want to alienate the young female. In fact, Kiara hadn't ever intended on yelling or sounding harsh in the first place. It just that what Dalgina had absentmindedly said was incredibly heart wrenching for the young mother. She coulnd't bear the thought of any puppy saying such a thing about their family. Nor could Kiara understand that some of the luperci families were like that. To Kiara, family was the most important thing. Surely the shifters who lived in packs as well could understand that.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." Even Kaira could tell that Dalgina was upset by the arctic female's words. Even though the black puppy nodded as Kiara spoke, she didn't look up from the ground. Sapphire eyes glowed dimly with sadness as she tried to correct the error. She had already lost her son, she wasn't going to loose Dalgina as well.

With the unfortunate misunderstanding hopefully behind them, the mood lightened a little as Dalgina spoke of her paint and how it had gotten into her shiny fur. Kiara didn't really understand the story, mostly because she didn't actually understand what paint was. Even so, the arctic female nodded and managed to produce a small chuckle. "What are we going to do with you?" Kiara's question was rhetorical and more mocking the serious.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

The apology rang empty in Dalgina's ears. She looked up, seeing the sorrow on Kiara's face. It had hurt, to have what she had told Kiara brushed off in such a manner. Even worse to be told not to say that ever again. Her tail did attempt a slight wag, trying to forgive Kiara for the way that she had spoken. Dalgina hadn't experienced much harshness in life, the yelling being among some of the worst things that she had ever been exposed to. Well, leaving Ichika had been pretty bad. As well as getting disciplined by Mahn, but she had always understood that, how protective Mahn was.

Laughing with her friend felt great, the awkwardness put behind them as they both concentrated on the bright colors in her fur. They were slightly faded now, and would soon be completely gone, but for the time they'd remained it was fun. She didn't blend in well anymore, but that mattered little when faced with the humor it gave. Cover me in colors! Dalgina twirled around, turning herself briefly into a blur of color. Coming to a halt she stepped dizzily over to Kiara, butting her head. I'll be okay.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]