Searching For a Place
[html]

Oh boy, still pretty new here, just a little bit overwhelmed.

Word Count → 371

Coeus was still recovering from the change that had recently overcome his life. The activity was rather unlike he had never experienced, of course his days of a loner had been filled with the fauna of the forest, but nothing of this degree. Animals were far between in the woods, while Casa de Cavalieri was condensed. It made his cool head a little nervous as he glanced among the unfamiliar faces that were around him. He made sure that Becca was close by him, he wanted to keep her close until he knew that she would be well cared for. He would never abandon here in some stable, but he wanted to meet those that would hopefully become her friends.

When he came into the territory, he had heard he sounds of horses in the distance. It seemed that Becca would even have horse friends to relate to. He didn't know what her background was, when he was younger, the subject of his mother's past was so taboo. So in return, Becca's past remained off limits to him. Coeus turned his nose up to Becca and felt himself growing taller and leaner, his paws turning into hands as his body compensated for the growth of his limbs. A soft sound came from Becca and she nuzzled his broadening chest. The young optime caressed her dappled gray flank lovingly, glancing around almost helplessly. He was tired, she was tired and he was more confused than before. Just as a young wolf would do, he huffed and gave a slight pout to his lips. As he leaned on his gentle mare, he scoffed, "Let's find yourself someplace to sleep, eh? Yeah, I'm just as tired as you!"

Coeus enjoyed talking to her, believing that she understood him perfectly. At time, the look in her calm brown eyes communicated the answers to his questions. Sometimes he could even understand her, but he was anything but fluent. He knew many spoke low speech, but the thought of him mastering it seemed foreign and strange. His calloused hands rubbed together as his bright amber eyes searched once again, "Uh, can anyone direct me toward the stables?"

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

The court was a hubbub of activity. The giant pup that always struck him as so chaotic wandered through in secui form, teeth clenched around the gloves she'd been gifted at her shift. The two horse workers passed through, and Hadley carried a soft wooden carving he'd been working on, a toy for Cadmeia. He knew the fox was a rather curious creature, studying the world around her. Since she couldn't use hands, he'd made a simple sliding set for her, symbols for different things in the world on there for her to study and mix together on the wooden beads.

The call attracted Hadley's attention. Hesitating he looked over. The wolf looked rather exhausted, standing next to his horse. He looked as overwhelmed as Hadley felt, getting ready for his mateship ceremony and adjusting to the fact that he was a father at the same time. Reaching his side Hadley managed a soft smile. Stables are close. Forgetting his introductions he walked over to where the stables were, hoping the wolf would be able to keep up with his slow pace, not wanting to lose him.

welcome! you need any help, feel free to ask me or someone else Smile

<style>
.hadderr {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FeDgv.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#929195; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; color:#272729; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #272729;}
.hadderr b {color:#dfc0a1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#464549 1px 1px 2px;}
.hadderr b:before {content:open-quote;}
.hadderr b:after {content:close-quote;}
.hadderr p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hadderr p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align: center; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #dfc0a1; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thank you, it will probably take a bit to used to everything...

Word Count → 248

He sighed in relief, finally someone had paused to point him in the right direction. His wolfy smile opened up and he touched Becca's neck gently, "Let's go find you a nice warm place." This character seemed friendly enough and Coeus was glad to follow his lead. Every time he turned around there was something that he hadn't noticed before. Whether it was a new face or a building, or a foreign structure that continued to mystify him. Everyone he encountered was friendly and there was no lack of help, if you asked for it. The darkly colored wolf strode after him, quickening his pace to walk by his side. "I'm so glad for the help, truly, my name is Coeus." His voice was solid, even if he still looked a bit nervous from the experience. "I've lived alone almost my entire life, seeing so many other canines around is a bit much."

Coeus chuckled warmly and looked forward to finding the stables. He had taken the effort to notice some of the other horses that inhabited the courtyard, they all seemed vigorous and healthy. Even the smell of hay and straw seemed healthy. Becca hadn't lived in luxury for more than a year, he didn't even know if she had ever lived in a stable, she was so accustomed to following him around and sleeping under the stars, he hoped that she enjoyed her new living conditions.

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

It wasn't long before the wolf picked up his pace, coming to walk next to Hadley. His tail twitched nervously, trying to adjust to how close the other one was. Most of the canines in Casa gave him plenty of room, knowing how nervous others made him. This was someone new though, so he had to at least give a good effort. He couldn't panic. Hearing Coeus' words brought a smile from the large hybrid. It looked like he wasn't the only one with such trouble dealing with others.

I'm Hadley. Welcome to the pack. I hope you like it here. His words were surprisingly soft, a little withdrawn into himself. Stepping over to the stables he guided the pair through until they reached an empty stall. Looking in he shook his head, moving over to grab some shavings. It took a few moments before it was spread out, ready to hold the horse. For your companion. He looked over nervously. Was it good enough? Had he done well showing him around?

Out of character

<style>
.hadderr {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FeDgv.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#929195; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; color:#272729; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #272729;}
.hadderr b {color:#dfc0a1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#464549 1px 1px 2px;}
.hadderr p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align: center; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #dfc0a1; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 343

Coeus nodded silently to Hadley's words, this was the second pack mate he had met, it was easing to have another that he recognized. "Nice to meet you Hadley, I hope I do, I certainly don't want to go back to sleeping in leaky bear dens." It had been early spring when he had sought the shelter of said den, it had been one of his less intelligent ideas. It reeked of the big predator, with dark fur still clinging to the walls, and was poorly made. There was a reason the previous owner had abandoned it, and Coeus experienced it when the first showers came down on him. The previously smelly, but warm, den had turned into a muddy, cold, very unpleasant place.

Stepping past Hadley and into the stall, he examined it lightly. It was certainly no bear's den. He turned in it once or twice feeling the shaving beneath his paws and smelling the warm air. It was perfect. Becca had followed them to the stables and was snorting with approval. A light touch was all that was needed to guide the friendly gray mare into the stable, she stood there contentedly, looking to be already at home. "Thank you, Hadley, this is just perfect. I don't think Becca has ever lived in such a nice place." Coeus stepped out of the stall, separating himself from Becca with a few strokes to her long muzzle.

"I'm sure you have a lot to get to, this is such a busy place. I'm sure there's a story behind the toy in your hands, or maybe it's a gift." The Timber Wolf smiled to himself, "I hope the receiver likes it, it looks very well crafted." Coeus had never grown up with much, but at times his mother would create little toys for him to play with. The great outdoors supplied great inspiration and he had spent hours playing with little carved deers and birds, creating little stories for their fates.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

His ears flattened, hearing the conditions Coeus used to sleep in. It sounded worse than where he'd been forced to sleep! Amy had taken good care of him in that regards at least, letting him shelter with her when there were storms. Something about how he needed to stay healthy so he could work, and having him out in the weather could make him sick. He didn't quite get why it was that way, but it was enough to mean that he'd always slept well.

His tail swayed at the thanks, endlessly pleased that he'd been able to help. Your welcome. If you need anything else... What else exactly could he help with? He grinned at the mention of the toy he held. It's for Cadmeia. She likes stuff like this. I thought she might enjoy it. Tilting his head he looked over the canine. Maybe I could make something for you? He grinned, before realizing that he hadn't specified. Not a toy, maybe a pendant...or furniture...or something...

Out of character

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 381

Coeus stretched his arms behind his head, allowing his muscles to relax from their tension. With Becca safe, he could now focus more on himself and not have to worry for her well being. Such as meeting more wolves, he enjoyed Hadley's company, especially with him having the novelty of being the first non-Alpha he met. He felt easy around the hybrid, which surprised him, he had expected to be uncomfortable around so many, experiencing the opposite was fine consolation.

"Oh that would be lovely once I've gotten my own place, I'm still living in the Courthouse currently. It's home for now, I suppose, just with a bit more traffic than I'm used to." He scratched the side of his face with his wolfish smile growing somewhat. "A house that isn't a hole in the ground or a cave, that will be different. I can read and write but I need to get used to this..." Coeus hummed thinking of the right word that would fit, "...Culture, that's it. All I used to do was hunt, eat, sleep and ride somewhere else then repeat. Now I've got more responsibility, or I will once I learn what I want to be doing. Maybe I'll teach, or read, or watch pups, there are just so many options!"

When his mouth had stopped going off, he realized what he had been doing. He had never been much of a chatterbox but there were so many different things that he wanted to express, which had all become a priority when he entered the realm of change. There were books to read and ranks to gain, which reminded him that he had been curious about the books. He had memorized his only book long ago, but still traced the words with his hands when he sat down to read it again. It was a tradition he had which happened almost weekly, he believed it was just a ritual he performed to remember his past. Coeus tilted his head, looking slightly chagrined, "I'm usually not so chatty...But I have one more question, do you know a place where I can read? It's been a long time since I've read anything new."

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

His ears perked up, tail wagging at the enthusiastic response. Helping the timid wolf out would be nice. Perhaps it would even help him with his own nervousness around crowds. While Coeus seemed to be fairly relaxed, Hadley still struggled with anyone new introduced in his life. Perhaps he could help Hadley out in that respect. Not that he'd ask for help, too nervous about what the reaction might be. Perhaps Coeus would attack him. Illogical, but the fear still rested there.

Told that he was going to move out of the courthouse surprised Hadley. For him, it was home. Yes, he had a house, one resting on the edges of Casa's territory. Just in a small town, the one he'd fixed up for Isa. He lived in the courthouse though, sleeping and keeping most of what he had there. The idea of living away from the others, away from Sebastian's protection, was actually frightening for him. He felt safe in the pack's grasp. Away from them, there were those that could hurt him. Maybe he wasn't as recovered as he thought he was.

He listened to the chatter, envious of the wolf. Hadley didn't have any such plans, not even daring to dream for things that were better. His greatest hopes were to keep those he cared for safe from harm, whether from him or someone else. Rubbing the back of his head Hadley shook it. I can't read, so I've never looked for a place to do so.

Out of character

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 354

Coeus blinked as if Hadley had something in a different language. He had always known how to read, at least as long as he could remember. His mother could read as well. It was a surprise to hear that one of this large pack was unable to read. Everyone looked so intelligent and sharp, that it made him doubt his own intelligence, which he valued above all else. It put him in an awkward position, he almost wanted to boast but he thought better of it through the body language had seen through this hybrid. His eyes had already scanned Hadley, seeing the fearsome scars that traced his body. It seemed like this large creature would appear fiercer than his actions made him seem. Coeus thought it was an odd combination, but at times he did a bit too much thinking. He himself stood easily six inches shorter than Hadley and weighed considerably less.

It all accounted in with his response, "I could teach you how to read sometimes, when you get to it it is quite the fun hobby. I almost enjoy it as much as riding Becca through the perpetual twilight of the forest, which is a pretty poetic sight, if you asked me." He chuckled and scratched the soft flesh below his chin, breathing in the moderate air with a relaxed sigh. The young wolf was beginning to enjoy this life, simply from this conversation, which was an eye opener. A smile lit his face once more as an idea popped into his head, "I can see you've been here awhile, maybe you could give me a bit of a tour? Nothing fancy, just a brief turn around. I don't want to have Cadmeia waiting for her gift, and I don't want to hinder any plans you have." Though still tired, he didn't know his way around very well. If allowed to leave, he would probably have to circle for many minutes to look for the courthouse again. For a wolf that had once applauded his sense of direction, it was very embarrassing.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

Hadley's ears flattened in embarrassment at the look on the new member's face. A great pack representative he was. Couldn't even read and help the guy out. His attempts at aiding the newcomer had probably fallen short of what a more competent pack member could have done. His tail hung low, feeling awkward now that he'd admitted it out loud. Reading had never been a large part of his life. First he'd been too busy caring for his family, then he'd been too drunk to bother learning how to read. Amy hadn't exactly seen a need to educate a slave either, and it just hadn't come up living in Casa until now.

The offer of being taught set Hadley's tail wagging. That would be nice, to actually figure out what it was everyone was talking about! I'd love that. He grinned at the description, enjoying the thought. He didn't have much in his life he could compare that to, but it did bring peaceful feelings into his mind. Nodding his head he stepped back out. He walked over to the court, deciding to do the tour centered on where the pack's life revolved. This is where everyone in the pack lives. Some houses were repaired enough to live in, but nobody had moved out yet.

Walking through he indicated towards the large blazing fire at the end of the hall. Good for keeping an eye on everything. At some point everyone passes through here. Just off to the right was the medico office. He stepped over, making sure no one injured was inside before letting Coeus come over to look. This is the medico office. If you're injured, we keep the supplies here to care for it. Right across from it is the lounge. Nice place to relax. Not that he ever did much relaxing.

Further up he slowed down, his indications more simple. Guests stay over behind the lounge. We don't want them wandering around the fort without an escort. Just ahead of that is the war room. In case we need to fight, strategy and gatherings are held there. It had never been used as long as Hadley was a member, but it was still good to know. Especially considering how seeing the pack members kill had sent him partly into shock the first time. He looked over to Coeus, hoping he was taking this in alright.

Out of character

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 468

He smiled warmly, "Whenever you're interested I'll be glad to share my favorite book with you, my mother taught me how to read it when I was no more than three months old." Though he was younger than Hadley, he wouldn't balk at the opportunity to help the hybrid, as he felt reading was an enlightening experience. As Hadley led him around, Coeus took in the camp, consuming the images and landmarks with his eyes, attempting to devote them to his memory. Every time Hadley pointed out something new, he spent several moments staring at it. He was still a bit wonder struck by it all. These structures were definitely not trees, though some appeared to be made of it. The fire even mystified for him a moment, but he did not fear it as a wild animal would. When he first entered the fort, he had been surprised by the smell of burning flesh that he had only experienced once before turning a small forest fire. Apparently, many cooked their meat which he found odd, though fascinating.

He found he medical area very interesting, smelling the cleanliness that came off of it. It would be an important place to remember if he had the misfortune to be injured. Coeus felt wary around the place though, noting it, but glad to get away from it and shown the lounge. The youth made a special note to visit the place, he would need to make allies, though a pack worked together he wanted to have connections with the others that lived in the fort. He would probably spend several more days by himself wandering through the camp, meeting others.

His gaze turned toward the war room with quiet interest. Coeus had never thought about war, as his previous life had had no need for war. There were scuffles, yes, but no grand planning of attack or defense. He supposed the idea would surface more now, being thrust into a group of wolves that had a territory to defend and others to assist. It reminded him that he would need to get basic training done. He had never held a real weapon in his hands, only wielding crudely made sticks to defend himself against fiercer predators. As Hadley came to a stop, he felt more confident with his surroundings. He still had much to accomplish, but now he could navigate reasonably well within the camp. "Thank you, I really appreciate it. All I need now is from basic combat training, huh, that'll be different, but I guess everything is different for me now." He stifled yawn, rubbing his eyes with his dark hands. "I better head to the comfort of the courthouse soon, or I'll fall asleep standing."

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

His tail wagged behind him, happy to share the book. It was Coeus' favorite as well, making Hadley feel even more impressed with being allowed to share it. It was sure to be something wonderful, he knew it. Hadley didn't really know what to expect from the book, as he didn't know what was really in them in the first place. Everything he'd been taught had been verbal after all. He smiled at the appreciation. I'm glad to help.

There's sparring rings if you want to train. Someone will probably be there to help. Nodding his head he moved off to where the stairs lead to the lower level. Do you have a room? Hadley's old room was open, as was the one he'd shared with Isa. He'd taken over a larger room with her now, one to share with the family that was rapidly growing.

dont think i was clear enough in my writing, so here's the map http://cdc.soulsrpg.com/territory/territory

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks! I'll make sure to memorize just as my little scholar here has.

Word Count → 354

Coeus scratched the back of his head and gave a bit of a laugh, "I have to say I don't, being new around here and all. I'm not even sure what to look at for a room, I suppose I'll start with something warm and dry." His smile spread across his slim muzzle, "Have any suggestions?" In all honesty, Hadley could have directed him to a square with walls and Coeus would have believed it was a room to dream of. Most structures he had seen had been from a distance until he came into the territories, he had had seem the insides of remarkably few placed. Even thing was a pleasant surprise to him at this point, but he enjoyed the experience. At this point in time, he was constantly learning, the knowledge that engulfed him was intoxicating.

The trait had gotten him into more than one sticky situation. He had simply followed his nose or ears into placed that a lone wolf was probably never meant to go. The squalls of wild cats had walked him straight into a rather intimate moment they were sharing. A pawful of claws later, he learned not to approach such sounds again. His drive had been suppressed slightly from just how abundant the current knowledge was, it would take a day or two for him to connect again with his drive to unearth new mysteries. Then, he would be sure to walk into more awkward and albeit hilarious moments once more. If his luck in that department consisted, he was sure to walk in on his new pack mates within the month, whatever the situation.

He let his gaze wander slightly to the courthouse and its stony appearance. It was easy to see that it had been renovated recently, though it was just a shadow of what it used to be. Coeus wondered what the interior would look like, such a thought set of several imaginative images a flurry but he shook his head to reenter reality, and turned back to look at Hadley once again.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

He nodded his head, looking down the corridor. Picking a room to stay in wouldn't be too difficult. Even with the majority of the pack squeezed down there rooms were available. It wouldn't be too hard to find one. He chuckled at Coeus' words. You won't need to worry about that here. The fort was dry, of course, the warmth depending on how the room was set up. Hadley didn't worry too much about that, since with so many bodies sharing a room together it was always toasty. A smaller room would probably be best, perhaps one away from the corners where drafts could come through.

He stepped through the corridor, nose sniffing the air. Passing the claimed rooms he went down until he reached his old room, the one he'd shared with Selene. His heart seized slightly as he paused before it, remembering how happy he'd been, even if he had been sleeping under the bed. Pushing it open he stepped back, revealing the modest set up. It wasn't much, simply a bed with blankets on it that belonged to Sebastian and Hadley had never laid claim to. The scent was completely gone now, no signs that either of them had ever lived in that room, only the passing scent of Casa members to mark it. This room is vacant.

the room is CL2

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks!

Word Count → 317

As they entered the courthouse, he examined the structure with slight apprehension. It seemed impossible that such a large building could hold itself up. The feeling caused the back of his neck to bristle but as he continued along he began to feel more comfortable with the invisible weight that rested above him. He knew the emotion wouldn't leave him for some time, but for now he could tolerate it. As Hadley led him into the room, he took note of it's location, hoping that he wouldn't forget its location the next time he wanted to sleep. His orange-amber eyes looked it over quickly, just an overview and instantly felt ready to lay in the inviting sheets.

He delved further into the room and brushed by the materials thoroughly, feeling them with his sensitive paws and consuming the visible information. A smile split his muzzle, it was one of acceptance and comfort that he hadn't felt for many months. This was his new home and he was set on loving and defending it, as he had loved and defended his mother, though her passing had been completely out of his control, he still fretted over it. Coeus' bright face turned toward the large hybrid, he appreciated his help beyond words. For the first time, he tail had begun a pleasant sway of contentedness. "Hadley, I appreciate all of this, it means a lot. If you ever need anything, just call on me and I'll be there." He didn't know what that promise would entail, but he would accept anything, simply out of gratitude.

The Timber Wolf breathed in the unfamiliar smells of the room, acclimating himself with the newness of it all. He felt the bed tentatively and sat upon it as if he was afraid of it. Smiling tentatively, he almost seemed to seek approval from Hadley that he was doing it right.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]

The male seemed almost overwhelmed by the simple arrangement. It was nothing compared to the other rooms, assorted with the various pieces of their lives, an actual home instead of the bareness from not being claimed. The scarred hybrid was positive Coeus would make it into his own soon enough though, already watching him enjoy the feel of the blankets, the look of the room. The wolf was prepared to settle in, Hadley's tail swaying at the sight.

Grinning at the promise he nodded. I'll be counting on that. I need someone to babysit, you'll be dragged in. Winking cheerfully he let him settle onto the bed, noting the hesitancy. The bed had supported Hadley's weight just fine in the past. His weight, the weight of him and Selene, and the pressure from him and Sebastian tangling in the bed. A protection from nightmares as well. I'm sure you need to rest now, so I'll leave you to it. Dipping his head politely Hadley backed out to leave the wolf to his thoughts.

Out of character

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This is the end of it then, I always like a nice, conclusive ending.

Word Count → 337

The words his new friend spoke warmed him and he smiled as they were spoken, he was growing even more tired by the moment. His eyelids were growing heavy and he could have nodded off right then. As Hadley departed he sank deeper into the cushions of the best, reveling in their warmth and comfort as they clumped around him. Coeus could see himself loving this place, just from the simple comfort that was provided around him. Leaning back, his head fell into the pillows. He stared into the simple ceiling just reveling in what he had been through. It was marvelous, wonderful, he had a new life to live and it was all right before him.

He could be anything he wanted to be, he could ride his house with companions and hunt side by side his pack mates. A smile grew on his muzzle as he rolled over to hug a pillow to his chest. As his muscles relaxed and he imagined himself in his most comfortable form, his height and size began to melt away. Bones snapped back into place and his body shortened considerably. Coeus could feel his hands turning back into his calloused and familiar paws. The last parts of his body warped back to proper size and he flicked the blankets over himself, and curled into a tight ball. Warmth seeped into his tired body, as his eyes closed in the darkness.

Coeus would dream of his past, of his mother, and of Becca. But most of all, he would dream of Casa de Cavalieri, his packmates and the life that lay ahead of him. He would be a warrior, a scholar, and a coward all in the same way as if he were decided which path that was best for him. Perhaps he would smile in his sleep, or twitch as he chased the dreams. But he knew when he woke up, he would be different, he would be ready and determined to succeed.

<style>

</style>[/html]