Never even knew that the sky was falling down
[html]
"Shut up!" The red male screeched, stumbling through the field until the point that he tripped, falling in to the dirt. The laughter had grown louder and louder as each day passed, roaring in his head and burning at his ears. He wanted it to go away but, it seemed, no matter what attempts that he made to get rid of it, it only grew worse. Instead of fighting it, Conri lay in the grass, curling his head and his paws in toward his body, sobbing quietly beneath the newly risen moon. Some time passed, perhaps a good twenty or thirty minutes, before the sound of laughter faded off in to silence, signaling the young hybrid's eyes to open.

It was only as Conri managed to get himself back on his feet that he realized just where he was, standing near the outskirts of his once-home. Head pounding, he lifted his nose in to the air, taking in the scents of the pack deeply. Naniko had been near the borders, or so it had smelled that way, marking them, it seemed. Holding himself low, wobbly on weak legs, Conri managed a few steps forward. He held his tail tight between his legs, body close to the ground, and he crept toward his old home. He just wanted to see her, once glance of her from afar, to assure himself that she was okay.

[/html]
[html]
*seizes thread* Rawr!
wc 365

Things had been improving as of late. The whole thing with Kansas was completely unexpected. Even though the both of them were inexperienced in such things, and rather shy, they just seemed to click. She couldn't wait to see him again. She loved the way he made her feel. Then her brother Ehno had miraculously ended up on this continent and came to the Vale. That made her head reel still. The dark femme knew better than to look a gift horse in the mouth though. Whatever that meant.

She was making her usual patrol of the borders. With Naniko's current emotional and physical condition she wasn't about to risk letting anything unfriendly pass into the territory. The Italian wolf worried greatly about her friend. After enduring such horrible assaults. Worst of all from her mate and the father of the children she was now carrying in her belly. It tore at her how she had been asleep while it all happened. She had only been down the hall, yet she had heard nothing. Nothing until Conri came and got her. That was a question that bugged her to no end. Why, after what he had done, would he get help for Naniko? It didn't make sense. None of it did. Just then a scent drifted into her nose that made her hackles rise. Him... Was he really stupid enough to come back here after what he did? Apparently the answer was yes. The slender female took off at a dead run to cut the red male off.

Her pace slowed to stalk as she got nearer to him. It was night, so she wouldn't be any more than a shadow to another eye. As she caught sight of him, lips curled up in a snarl and her hackles rose even more. How dare he...how. dare. he. A low growl rumbled in her throat as she crept even closer to the monster. Slowly she left the underbrush to stand before him, a black shadow with fiery green eyes and ivory sabers for teeth. "What the hell do you think you're doing here?" Savina's voice was deep and angry, a far cry from her usual tone.

[/html]
[html]
Conri wondered, as he stood just beyond the borders, if they all knew what a monster he had become. Had Naniko told them to watch for him? Kill on sight even? There was no doubt in his mind that Savina knew what had happened, he had known that from the moment that he had decided to find her to get help. Even now, watching for her from afar, Conri wasn't sure whether or not he could bare to look at her without losing the contents of his stomach. Now, instead of closing his eyes at the thought of her and seeing her with Lucifer and Kansas, all he could see were the horrible things that he had done, even if he couldn't quite remember doing them. It had been all to obvious when he had snapped out of it though, he knew exactly what had happened.

The growl was the signal that someone else was there, the first thing that he heard, quickly followed by the sounds of the brush lacing past each other. Jade eyes were aware, sliding across the landscape quickly, only to meet her just as she appeared in front of him. Savina. Slender ears dropped immediately, his body pressing closer to the ground, as low as he was able with only three legs to hold him. He wasn't surprised at her anger, though slightly surprised that she had bothered to even speak to him before attacking. It meant, at the very least, that he had a moment or two to get a word in, maybe some answers.

"I just wanted to make sure she was okay." He had come for nothing more than that and he understood the dangers that he had accepted by traveling so close to his once-home. Knowing that Naniko was okay, at least physically, meant more to him than his own life at that point. He wasn't sure how badly he had harmed her, if the blood that had tainted his fur was from a small wound or something more. He simply couldn't remember what he had done and the fact that Naniko hadn't moved an inch when he had snapped out of it didn't help matters at all. "I wasn't going to get near her. I just wanted to.." He gulped away a lump that grew in his throat suddenly, voice quivering and on the verge of breaking down. "to make sure she's alive."

[/html]
[html]
Is Conri in Optime or Lupine form? I can't quite tell.
wc 303

The dark femme wasn't exactly sure why she was giving him the chance to talk, the chance to ask questions. Maybe it was because of the own questions she had about the incident. He was asking if Naniko was alright? Why did he care? It was he who had caused her so much harm. Yet he had come to ask Savina to help her after he had brutalized her. Was he crazy? Certainly that must be the case. His behavior was so erratic, so unexplainable. The female couldn't understand him at all. "What does it matter to you? You were the one who attacked her, who violated her." She said in a deep, cold tone. Hackles still raised and teeth still bared. He didn't deserve a direct answer.

The monster that was her anger festered inside her. It screamed to be unleashed, to be able to relieve itself on the disgusting creature in front of her. Yet for some reason she held it back still. The wolf had dreamed of sinking her teeth into his flesh. To tear at his body. To punish him for what he had done. Also to perhaps alleviate the sins that she believed rested on her own shoulders, that she had slept through it all, when she might've been able to stop it. "What kind of a monster does that to the person they love most?" The fire in her jade eyes seemed to flare up. She wasn't sure how much longer she could hold herself back. Or why she still was. "You sicken me..." The last words came out of her mouth in a growl. Jet claws dug into the ground, ready and waiting to spring forward when the levy of her self control failed her. But she waited to see what the male had to say.

[/html]
[html]
Her words stung harshly at his ears, for good reason though, as everything that she spoke was the truth. The problem was, Conri did care. He had always cared, maybe even to much for his own good. He couldn't change it though, not on his own. "Because I love her." The words came out quietly, the only explanation that he could possibly give. It was the complete and whole truth, no matter what his actions may have previously said. "I..I didn't mean to hurt her." Yes, you did. The voice taunted him quietly. "I don't know what happened.." His words were a quiet whine, pathetic and sad. He didn't expect her to believe him, to think that he may actually truly love her still after everything that had happened.

Legs trembled from exhaustion beneath him, sending his body further and further to the ground. His ears stayed pinned against his head, submissive in posture, and jade eyes barely glanced at her body. "I'd rather you kill me before I ever hurt her again, Savina." His voice was more firm this time, still low, and in an attempt to show her this, he extended his neck toward her. His head was pushed to the side, almost laying flat against the ground, leaving his throat fully exposed to angry fangs. "That's why I found you Savina." He whisper finally, tears stinging at his eyes, on the brim of spilling over. "That's why I found you. I never meant to hurt her.." Such weak words were all that he could offer.

[/html]
[html]

Green eyes widened at the male's words and actions. What was this? A trick? Some sort of trap? Or was he somehow being truthful. The Italian wolf didn't know which of those to believe. Her mind was in a whirl and slowly the rage was creeping up her spine and into her brain. Savina stared at his exposed throat. It would be so easy, so fast. But this was wrong. These weren't the actions of the madman who had beat and raped Naniko. This was someone asking for punishment. Sable head shook as her thought processes were overloaded. "What...?" It was all that she could say at the moment. What are you so confused about, this is what you wanted. Whispered the dark side of her being in her head. It was true, but this wasn't how she imagined it. The red male was either trying to trick her or he was being honest. But which was it?

Slender form shifted around on her paws, pacing back and forth slightly but neither moving forward or back. Emerald orbs never leaving the sight of him. This was too much. "WHY!? Why did you do it? What did she ever do to you!?" Her voice screamed. The monster creeping inside of her head was roaring for blood, for his blood. Yet she wasn't convinced. It wasn't right. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. The charcoal female stared at her once alpha. Her body shaking as much in rage as in confusion. To her eyes he looked like a wolf who was sorry for what he had done. But her mind wouldn't let her believe that. She was paranoid.

[/html]
[html]
Tired legs quaked beneath him until the point that he could no longer hold himself up. One by one they gave out, his front leg going first, bringing him crashing to the ground. When he finally hit though, he didn't bother to try and pick himself up. Instead he simply laid there, pulling his legs close and curling them up. She spoke again, just one word, but Conri remained quiet, eyes shut tightly, forcing the moisture that gathered in them away. He didn't even know why it had happened, what reasoning there was behind what he had done. Sure, Naniko had done things that had hurt him badly, but he had convinced himself that he would get past it and they would just go on with their lives.

"I spent all my life trying to be with her.." He spoke up finally, pausing for only a moment to try and clear his throat, to moisten his mouth so it would be easier to hear him. "I left home to stay with her when I was still little, to help her take care of her brother when her mother disappeared.. I fought through hell and back just to get back to her after my brother took me away.." His voice quivered again, blinking away the tears quickly. Fuzzy eyes settled on her paws, following them each time that they moved. "She slept with Kansas and Lucifer, at the same time, and I don't know why Savina." The words were sad and desperate, still confused about the whole thing. "Can alcohol really make you do things if you don't want to? Or do they just give you the guts to do things you've always wanted to?" He didn't know anymore. It was the only thing that he could possibly think of that would be the cause of his actions and, even then, it was no excuse for what he had done. There wasn't any excuse for what he had done.

[/html]
[html]
Slight Powerplay at the end. Just let me know if you want it changed.
wc 338

She didn't need the history lesson. What did it matter what had happened back then? It didn't. All that mattered was the horrible things he had done. Then out of no where it felt as if someone had just shot the female through the heart. Kansas...and Naniko? That didn't make sense. Naniko had loved Conri, she had never said a single bad thing about him. Why would she do such a thing? Then he mentioned the alcohol. Savina had never touched the stuff herself, but she had heard about it. Nothing good either. But the thing that hurt her the most was hearing about Kansas. When had this happened? Obviously before Conri had done those horrible things, but she had been with Kansas before then. Had he lied to her? Was he just playing with her emotions? Did he not like her after all? She wanted to cry. To scream.

That was all it took. That one last little push to send her over the edge. The beast inside had taken over now. A strange new glint shined in her eyes. Eyes made of green hellfire. The snarl on her face was renewed with new potency. Vengeance flamed inside her chest. The voice she spoke with now was even farther from the usual femme than any throughout this conversation. "What does that matter? It doesn't justify what you did." Slowly she stepped towards the curled up male. Even though her anger was dangerous, right now it wasn't some wild beast. It was somewhat calm and collected. She crouched down to look the pathetic creature in the face. The sight of the jet wolf would strike fear into the heart of anything at this moment. The rage radiated off of her form. As her eyes stared into his, her voice was steady, not frantic as it had been before she lost control of herself. "You're an even bigger monster than I am." With that she took one paw and slashed it across his cheek, claws ripping open the flesh.

[/html]
[html]
Nothing would ever justify what he had done and he knew it. Perhaps, at the time, whatever recesses of his mind that had come forth had thought that he had been justified in his actions, but Conri knew deep down that he was not. He had wanted her to hurt in just the same way that she had made him hurt. It hadn't happened that way though, and now his life was essentially over. That was one of the very big reasons that he was there, laying in front of the darker woman. He needed to know that Naniko was okay, at least as much as she could be, and that he hadn't physically hurt her to the point of possibly killing her.

Dead eyes lifted as she spoke, searching her face for a moment before finally speaking up himself, his voice a faint whisper. "I know." He knew all to well now. In the darkness of night, it was the very thing that kept him from sleeping. How could doing such a thing to a loved one not plague the mind? Had his father felt this way after the horrid things that he had done? He doubted it. It was when she moved forward, lowering herself to his level, that Conri had some kind of inkling of what would happen. She spoke and the young hybrid closed his eyes, holding them tightly shut. He felt it then, the sudden slice of claws against his face, tearing against his cheek. It was a vague feeling, perhaps not what it should have been, but it was enough to cause a sharp whine to pass through clenched teeth. He could feel the warmth of blood on his face very vaguely, he could smell it in the air suddenly. There was a lack of real feeling there though, or so it seemed, which might have been in part because he felt that he had become numb to the world. Nothing could be worse than what had already happened, not even death.

[/html]
[html]

She heard the red male whine as her claws raked across his face. Yet he still just sat there, making no move to defend himself. Most of her thought he was surely lying when he said he wanted her to kill him. But the angry beast she had become didn't want that. It wanted to fight, it wanted a struggle. A deep growl thundered in her throat and chest. Eyes of green fire blazing. Larger than normal black form reared up on her hind legs, planning to land against him with her front paws to shove the wolf. She wanted to goad him on, to make him fight her. "Fight you coward!" The femme snarled as she landed.

[/html]
[html]
Even as she fought with him, or rather, while she attacked him, all he could think about was Naniko. Was she okay? Was she scared of him now? Certainly she must be. Did the thought of him keep her awake at night, afraid that he might come back for her again? Just thinking it killed him inside, just a little more every day. Perhaps, if he were so lucky, Savina would kill him and they would all be rid of the pain, at least to some extent. She moved again and growled and Conri knew how angry she must have been. He didn't blame her for it, he never would. She spoke as she came at him though, smashing down against his side. The force shoved him over, thrust him across the ground a little ways before finally stopping there in the dirt. He didn't rise, instead only lifted his head with a faint groan. "I won't fight."

[/html]
[html]
wc 656

A great satisfaction ran through the enraged wolfess as her paws made contact with the male and he was thrown a bit in front of her. However that was dissipated when he weakly replied that he would not fight her. Charcoal lips curled back as far as they could, ivory fangs glinting in the moonlight. A rumbling growl came from her chest, ears flattened against her sleek skull. This would not be nearly as enjoyable without a struggle, it was not what she had wanted. But that didn't mean for a second that she was going to stop. No, far from it. He was a monster, and he was going to pay for his crimes.

With a surge of anger that went from the tip of her tail to the point of her nose she rushed towards him, paw ripping up dirt. Not far from him her lithe body took to the air in a pounce. As she landed, her teeth sunk into his exposed shoulder. The taste of his blood filled her mouth and clouded her senses. The bloodlust was on the demon now. It was now at its most poisonous. Jet claws ripped at his fur and flesh while her vice grip on his shoulder continued. Still he did not fight back. Made no move to defend himself.

With a snarl she released her grip on the shoulder and eyes of hellfire spied his back legs. The wolfess jumped to the side, clamping her jaws around the bony lower part of one of his back limbs. She thought she could feel the bones crack a bit, but she wasn't certain. With teeth clamped down tight she began to shake her head, as if she were shaking a rabbit. Still nothing. After a few moments she relinquished his leg as well. The snarl still upon her face, pink tongue licked at some of his blood that was on her lips.

Quickly she maneuvered herself up towards his head, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck. The white sabers of her canine teeth easily pierced the skin there. Her mind was a swirl of madness and rage. Right now nothing of the regular Savina existed. Only the raging beast she had become. And it wanted his blood. It wanted to maim. To kill. Once again she began to shake her head, teeth ripping his flesh, blood flooding her mouth. Demonic growls came from her as she did this. Though it grew tired with the lack of a challenge.

Dropping his scruff she spit. Sending bits of his hair and blood into the air. It was time to end this. Slowly she circled his body one last time before using her nose to roughly turn him onto his back. Her body moved so that her head was at a ninety degree angle with his neck. With a snarl she lunged down, wrapped her mouth around his exposed throat. Fangs softly dug into his flesh, but that is where they stopped. Her heart was pounding in her ears. The beast was losing its grip on her consciousness. This was wrong. For a while she had dreamed of nothing more than ripping out his throat, and yet here she was, unable to do it. The monster made another attempt at control, her mouth squeezing him tighter, but only for an instant.

It seemed as if she stood there for hours, poised over him, muzzle wrapped around his neck. She couldn't do it. She couldn't take his life. Lids shut hard over jade orbs and she released her hold, roaring angrily. Savina stood there panting for a moment, bloodstained tongue hanging out of her mouth. The dark female turned her back to his tattered body. Her head turned to look back at him once more. "Don't let me ever find you here or near Naniko again you peice of shit." With that she dashed away, back into the territory.

[/html]