run for your life
[html]

Maggie’s birthing thread! AW to anyone who wants to help her out / wish her well. PPing Denver being there already, cause… duh. But if you want me to change anything, Bobbi, lemme know. Set for June 7th!
(342)

Maggie was letting the dust mites float around her in peace, as the very swollen woman lay in bed watched them with her content, jade eyes. Her dainty optime fingers swirled them together, a happy sigh leaving her lips. The pregnant confidant had taken a break away from her duties as of late, her large belly making it nearly impossible to ride or walk the long distance to her beloved borders. She had taken up residence in her newly-expanded bed, now large enough to fit both her and Denver. Today seemed just like any other, a carbon copy of the past few bed-ridden weeks. She had become quite bored and lazy unable to live her normal life, but she of course didn't mind. Her mate kept her company most of the time and helped out wherever he could.

Speaking of Denver, he was never far away from her at any given moment. He was out of eyesight at the moment, but the pale woman did not fret. She watched her growing kitten hop this way and that as she tried to snatch up the dust bunnies that drifted by with her ivory paws. Maggie giggled as she watched her feline friend battle the dust monsters, moving suddenly to grab the little one into a loving embrace. But that sudden movement sent shockwaves down her legs and up her chest; Magnolia instantly let go of the kitten, gasping and grimacing in pain. Was it time for her puppies to come into this world? She assumed so, but she had never done this before.

“Denver!” she called out pathetically, her voice cracking with pain and disuse. Where was her mate? Maggie wriggled her large body to the side of the bed so she could slide off of it. Another shockwave hit her as she did so, and this one was particularly bad. The Confidant groaned, not entirely sure what to do. And that’s when the panic set in. She paced nervously around her residence, her tail whipping around the room in a frenzy.

[/html]
[html]ooc; figured if i am helping sirius i can help you. xD short cause its an awkward post until she gets inside.

Once again, the woman was out collecting herbs and other such things. Her bag was full of her different medical supplies, full and heavy - something that pleased the cold hearted woman. The ebony coyote was stalking back to her den but something made her pause just outside one of the residences that were scattered about Salsola. A perked ear moved in the direction of the strange sound and she walked closer, uncertain what it was. Her suspicions were confirmed as she heard another noise, this one speech that was slightly louder. It was someone calling to Denver, one of the males from the scouting party between Salsola and Inferni. The tone was one of pain and quickly she moved to the door before rapping on it with her knuckles loudly, pushing it open slightly so she was heard better.

" Hello? Is everything alright in here? I was just passing by and I heard your call, I am a healer.. Is there anything I can help you with? " Alessandra asked, her voice strong but kind. She wished she could enter so that she could see what was wrong and why they sounded like they were in pain, but unfortunatly the woman was inside. However, Less did notice the sweet smell of a pregnant female. Worry then gripped her, hopefully there wasn't a complication before the pups were ready to come to term.

[/html]
[html]
omg been so long since i posted ; ; sorry if this is crap

As if by magnetic force, Denver was never far from Maggie's side. The morning had found him unusually warm and uncomfortable in their shared bed. The mutt was anxious; he hadn't slept well the past week, knowing that Maggie's time would be soon. He noticed her seizing with pain more frequently now, and each day brought them closer to the birth of their children.

The Confidant still didn't feel ready. He paced through their home daily, making sure that nothing was misplaced, that all was baby-proof. Denver couldn't do such pacing in the early mornings, though, for fear of waking his mate. She needed all the sleep she could get, and he was glad to let her get it.

Currently, the pale, flop-eared wolfdog stood outside of their home, practicing his throwing arm. The rope looped easily around the tree stump once, and again, and almost again before a shriek and cry of pain interrupted his throw. Is it now? he thought frantically as he dropped the rope and rushed inside, brows pinched thick with concern.

Maggie! What is it? he asked quickly, rushing to her and looking her up and down. I'm here...are they coming? He knew that they had to be. She was doubled over in pain, and suddenly he had no idea what to do. Denver took a deep breath, trying to slow his racing thoughts. Okay, okay, just calm down... take some deep breaths, he tried as he did so too, hoping to settle her panic as well as his own.

A banging at the door tore him away from Maggie; he heard a woman's voice outside, and a scent that he knew as he opened the door. A healer, he'd heard her say. Yes m'am... It's Maggie; I think she's just about to have our pups in here, he said frantically, ushering the familiar woman inside as quickly as he was able. I ain't too sure what to do t'help, he muttered, but I can try. The mutt stood aside as he gave the ivory-masked coywolf leave to care for his mate. Denver took one of her hands in his own and squeezed, watching her nervously.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Not entirely sure how luperci have babies haha... Hope this is alright.

The pain was gone momentarily and the silver woman looked up to see her knight in shining armor. "I think so," she croaked faintly, words not being something she was focused on at the moment. Luckily, someone outside her residence must have heard her scream and came rushing to her aid. The female seemed somewhat familiar, she had the scent of salsola on her, and that's all that the woman needed to trust the dark healer. She wished she could call for Eris, or Larkspur.. But the queen was probably busy and her father figure was long gone. The woman whimpered as she felt that horrible pain again, making standing nearly impossible. "I have to lay down," the Comfidant said breathlessly, almost collapsing into a heap on the floor. She looked pleadingly to both her mate and the dark woman, utterly panicked.

The pain was almost unbearable. She hugged her belly for comfort but it didn't do anything. She guessed now she would just have to get them out of her body, but that was something she didn't know how to do. The Confidant groaned, when the worst pain yet washed over here. She started then to expell them, pushing with all she had in the world. Her somewhat calm breathing maintained by Denver had started getting stressed again. She screamed in pain when the first child, a girl nearly as white as snow, arrived into the world. Maggie panted heavily, tears forming in her eyes. She couldn't tell if it was out of pain or joy, however.
ooc; that was fast! xD i'm gunna pp maggie and denver a wee bit, lemme know if it needs to be changed.

[html]

The woman was promptly let inside of the house and as soon as the door opened wide enough she rushed to the mohawked-mother, smiling re-assuringly as she grasped on her hands. Within minutes Maggie had collapsed on the floor and Alessandra took charge. " Denver, help me lift her. We wouldn't want the pups born on the floor. " With a mighty but gentle heave the duo lifted the heavy silver pelted Salsolian and had her on the bed, Less re-asjusting blankets behind her back to make her more comfortable and in the proper position. " Now I want you to push as hard as you can when the time comes, the contractions seem to be happening quickly. Please remain calm and don't phsyce yourself out, we woman are bred for this and your body is willing for it to happen. " She said, her words calm and steady.

It was not long before the contractions sped up and the first child came, Maggie performing beautifully. Some women didn't need it but when she screamed in pain Alessandra folded her ears to her head and grabbed a thick, hard piece of leather. " If you would like to distract yourself and provide some comfort bite down on this as hard as you can when the next one comes. " She instructed, moving to wear the pup was sitting and moving her slightly away from the new mother, ripping open the sack and withdrawing the light colored puppy out. She cleansed the pup of the different fluids and such with a fur before rubbing it to help circulate her blood. Once that was finished she placed her near her mother before stepping back to her post and looking on with watchful eyes. As long as Maggie kept her cool this would go well.

" You're doing wonderful Magnolia, you've already birthed one beautiful girl. Just think how beautiful the rest will be. " She cooed to her while looking on with a wide smile. Puppies and new mothers were a blessing and she was privledged to be allowed in on such an intimate occasion.

[/html]
[html]

Derp. Just so ya know there’s too more coming. XD

Magnolia’s body was in incredible pain. It almost felt like something was wrong, this was going too easily, but then it stopped suddenly. She had taken the piece of leather to bite down on, but the moment she took it from Alessandra it had become unnecessary, at least for the moment. She sniffed, drying her eyes, but took a moment to look at her baby. The white girl wriggled around until she felt her mother’s body heat. She made small little noises and Maggie couldn’t help but beam. “Look at our little girl, Denver,” she couldn’t help but look at her mate with all the love she had stored in her petite (though still very round) body. The little girl was picked up and held very close to her body. That’s when the Confidant noticed the black ears and back from paws. She was the most beautiful thing Maggie had ever seen.

Maggie took the piece of leather out of her mouth as she held the newborn. “The pain stopped,” she said to her healer nervously. “Are there more coming, or…?” Was she just being impatient? Did she even want more? Her head was still spinning from the fact that she had a little girl in her arms, making high-pitched baby noises.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by haley!

[/html]
[html]
i'm sorry my post sucks ; ;

As Magnolia seized in pain again, Denver helped to ease his pregnant mate onto the bed. Her breathing grew heavier with each moment, and her screaming made him wince. Alessandra offered Maggie a strip of leather to bite on, something he vaguely remembered hearing about the human birthing process. As she heaved, huffing and puffing, the pale mutt encouraged her as best as he could, taking her hand in his own and letting her squeeze as much as she wanted. His own head began to feel light not long after, though, and as the first pup emerged with a plop, he stepped back. Denver sat slowly, collecting himself and taking his own deep breaths to calm his urge to vomit.

That was, until he saw his first baby girl. She was tiny-- though his sisters had been smaller-- and white, all but her ears and her unimaginably small hind paws. Denver's icy blues widened hard at the sight, still in disbelief that he and Maggie had created something alive together. Let's hope we can keep 'em alive, he thought, still remembering his kid sisters and how recent their birth still seemed. An ivory hand reached over to stroke the little girl gently as Maggie held her. He beamed at the sight, and again at his mate. She's beautiful, just like her momma. Denver glanced to her still-swollen belly, to Alessandra, back to Magnolia, and swallowed. I hope there's more, he thought, watching his mate carefully for the next contractions. Denver hoped for a boy.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]