Prodical Son
[html]

Current Objective:Scoping out what’s ahead

Form:Lupine

Mood: Cautious

It had been a long time since he had departed from the collective, all upon the basis of that foolish little mission to recover the female. At least, so it appeared on the surface. Like each snow bit was individual and different, each person had their own ideas, thoughts, reasoning’s, goals. To X’ies twas merely a case of getting what he wanted and keeping things open for him in the meantime.

His disappearance had likely sparked the all too untrue rumors of his untimely demise. But then these were necessary things that were required at the time, temporary rumors to be sparked and then quelled. As a man with his ear to the ground often he heard much, most of which was absolute fluff but in between that there were a few specks of gold dust that appeared among the slag. One of which was the rumor he investigated now, one of a name that sparked his curiosity. The name of the one who had spawned his excuse.

It had been some time since he had bothered to hear about the goings on within the collective and the name on his tongue, repeated in the cold would be something that tasted sweet. It was something that could not be ignored. At least not until he had travelled to the root of it, and found as in so many things. The truth garnered between the false and the fabulous. In the shadow of the mountain after many days travel he found himself once more compiling pieces of information in his mind. Questions yet unanswered, his parents. Where they still alive? Did they remain within the collective? Of his disappearance, was it denounced as death within the fog as he expected or was there more suspicion against him than he would have thought? Regardless, he had for now no intention of working any further into these questions until at least he had discovered the truth of just what was going on.

The female, her name linked to a clan, a collective. Was it the same? Did she return as a Shepard? Or was there more to it? So many questions, so much so that his mind often lay adrift, not paying attention to the fact he had stopped his stealthy approach and had merely started walking as would anyone not bothered by the idea of being noticed. “….The truth is a fickle thing”. He would repeat a simple mantra to himself. Words that had served him well all this time, oft the truth was malleable. Fluid, one person’s truth may not be another’s. But he was determined to find his own rendition of this.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 300+

How long had he been conflicted? Days and days seemed to have passed and with every new rise of the sun he asked himself to choose: one woman over another. And, every day, there was no answer to be found. To choose one would condemn the other. X’yrin held more of his heart. It was only a fool that would not be able to see that. But the other? Thana and her adopted daughter had nothing else but him. If he were to break her heart, what would it mean for sweet little Anna? Thana was too quiet to have other connections in the pack at this moment. She would have nothing to stay for if he let her go. He had fought cougars, assassins, bears, and even his own family. How is it that none of them seemed as difficult an opponent to best than this simple problem?

But a tormented heart was no excuse to give up on his expected duties. He kept up what was expected from him as Alpha in patrolling the land and looking for places that needed marking or improving in some way. The capable band of wolves they had insured that there was little to do in these regards, and thus little to distract him. So, when a strange scent crossed him, it was a welcome investigation. This wasn’t the first wolf to cross into their land without permission. Such disrespect usually called for anger but the obsidian wolf had decided to be forgiving. It was possible that word just had not spread of their residence.

He followed the other masculine signature slowly and had to crouch in his wounded optime form often to scent the ground and keep the trail. The body that finally came into view after a time of searching looked dirty and unkempt, but occupied with thought. Not dangerous in most senses of the word but an odd sight nonetheless. Few wolves let their condition fall in such a way. Good afternoon, stranger. His voice was stern and loud enough to avoid the visual surprise that often came with the trained steps of his dark form. How is this day treating you?

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenzz p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenzz p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

There were the scents of others in the air, although at this point with him simply being there they had faded into the background of his senses. It wasn’t until the stronger, closer one crossed his path that he realized he had become sloppy and sharpened to concentration. But at that stage it appeared that things were too late, he had been discovered. Although the greeting wasn’t as hostile as he expected from the other male. It still held the undertones of discourse that led to other lines of thought. He imagined that what the wolf was really saying was more along the lines of “Who are you and what is it that brings you here?” .His eyes were somewhat lazy at this stage, they seemed to look over the other male with relative disinterest, although as most things this was a disguise to a more thorough examination. The best course of action, would need to be thought of on the ball.

”Twas for the most part fine, till you almost gave me a heart attack good sir, I do say you startled me mid thought”

X’ies replied gruffly. For the most part it was the truth, and most of the time the best way to manipulate the tide of a conversation was to give it a baiting part of truth. Enough to latch onto so that the rest will seem like the same, he would continue on his path for ward seemingly unabated, this in itself was another way of setting the tone of just what the other wolves intentions were. If he moved to stop him then he knew that there was a chance he had found what he was looking for albeit not the way that he had planned. If not well then it was more than likely he was actually heading away from their territory as opposed to into it. ” But perhaps this is good, my task requires more concentration on the here and now than I can afford to spare on idle thought processes”. X’ies always did continue to walk with his visible limp, the idea of being crimpled, unkempt. Mangy often gave him the social camouflage that he needed in order to blend in as something that would not be considered a threat.

Twas an idea not unlike some poisonous plants, their outer appearance not revealing the inner poison that soaked through them. At this point though he would act as if he had just thought of something, an act to play upon the idea of him being relatively innocent in most matters. ” Ah stranger, I have just thought…with you being in the area…would you be a friend to X’yrin Exultare?...I have heard things spoken of her in this place…I am X’ies Lambda….once called a member of the same collective as she”. And in there the seed was planted. Reactons he would judge,, of them he thought suspicion might be one. But others would too reveal the extent of this males knowledge and connection to her. And he was watching with steady, albeit. Lazy eyes.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 200+

There was some reluctance in him to trust strangers. Though few were brave enough to try and take advantage of him, one could never tell what someone else might truly be after. But looking on this male led him to believe he was no trouble. He observed a limp in the other’s gait that stemmed from his right front foot though he could see no injury there. Could have been a twist or sprain but speculation at what exactly caused it was unnecessary. He was unclean, weak, and pathetic.

Jaden continued to hold his warm appearance. It was no uncommon thing that he surprised the unwary. Nonetheless, he wasn’t aiming to make the other uncomfortable. He nodded apologetically, I apologize for that. A habit of silence I can’t help. He said no more though, expecting more of a greeting. And more came. It seemed this male had an errand he was running, something that contradicted his appearance of a lazy and pathetic pile of fur. Before Jaden could inquire about his business, the mangy wolf continued to ask for his dearest friend. Being a former assassin himself, he knew how dangerous it could be to give away the simplest information to even the most innocent looking. This drew only a little caution to his mind though. X’ies didn’t really look the dangerous type. She is a dear friend of mine, Saying this was more calculated than he made it seem. He gave no information beyond confirming what the other already claimed to know and firmly cemented himself as a problem for any possible attack on her. So you are a nomad then? What is your business with her, so far from home? He asked with what could be interpreted as a small note of excitement.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The male didn’t move to intercept. X’ies therefore concluded that it was completely possibility that he was heading in the wrong direction. So that meant that he was going to have to fall on this plan of making the male take him there. This one had approached silently, how much he could say was part of his own lack of focus and this one’s skill at remaining hidden he wasn’t willing to judge at the moment. Regardless, despite being rather large by normal standards, X’ies much preferred to use his mind and wit to get his way as opposed to forcing it out of someone. ”Then indeed, fate has been kinder to me today than it has been in some time…”. This was a linking story, adding on from the pathetic appearance that he seemed to portray to the world.

“ There was a time in which I was part of the Nomad collective yes…but some time ago I left with the brother of your friend in order to once again seek her out in the wilds and bring her back to her family..”

If he was indeed a dear friend of hers he might just know the story of her journey outside of the collective to attain knowledge. ” Unfortunately my pup injury, some bad weather and his will to press on….resulted in us being split apart….since then I have been on my own. Wandering from place to place…things were quite hopeless…till I managed upon a scrap of information concerning my previous quest”. Complete bullshit of course, but believable enough. He had left under those pretenses, and her brother and he had been separated during very thick foggy weather. However this separation was more down to his wanting to leave and practice his skills of manipulation away from the judging eyes of the families. Though, her brother did have his own ambition. Pushing ahead of an injured fellow…he didn’t think it was unbelievable.

“ I only wish to learn what happened to my family, if they still live….if I knew that…I could go in peace”

Pity plea again, but of course. He was going to play the act as much as he could. Hopefully he would gain an audience with her. And from there…find out what he needed to know of the truth that he really did seek.

[/html]
[html]
Words - 300+

Jaden knew about X’yrin’s past, but not enough to judge what intentions her family had for her. The realization of this suddenly had him very glad he had come upon it with such an innocent occurrence. He knew little detail about his friend’s but she knew even less about his. If their roles were reversed, if by some dark and fateful chance Jaden’s pack or family tracked him here, they would all be in very serious danger. She needed to know how to handle anyone who claimed to know the Alaskan from his past. If they had already had that chat, he wouldn’t have any reason to be cautious of this unfortunate male.

The story X’ies provided seemed solid enough. It made some sense, was believable, but struck a chord of worry that out rang the suspicion within him. Jaden very well how deeply X’yrin loved her Shepard. If he introduced her to this male and presented his desire for her to return home, what would she do? She wouldn’t leave… would she? Maybe he could avoid the possibility all together. He could just send X’ies off to some far place, maybe the lands of AniWaya. The trip to get there, find out that he was miss informed, and come back would leave ample time to determine how much danger he was in of losing his beloved friend. But that would be selfish. If she really desired to leave, time and talk wouldn’t change that. Without another word, he tilted his maw to the sky and let out a long, loud call for her. He knew it would be heard for miles and that she was more than likely nearby. I doubt she will be leaving our lands, but I’m sure she would like to see a member of the family she speaks so fondly of. His voice still held all the confidence of an Alpha. Only a trained ear could pick up the slight worry that dimmed his tones.

My name is Jaden Ohanzee. She and I are staking claim to the land you find yourself on now, friend. How far, exactly, did you travel to get here? The introduction was polite and the question was to quench his curiosity whilst they waited for the golden woman to make her appearance.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

From a pile of bone, fur and teeth the female had risen to a late afternoon sun and the acrid smoke of a long since extinguished leaf clutched between her digits. It was a purposefully slow rise, ensuring that her crafts were not too disturbed by her movements. Again, she had fallen asleep in the middle of her work, no doubt an effect of the leaf dangling dead between her pads. But for the consequence of her indulgence, she managed to rise quite refreshed despite how she slept. And for once she was not as plagued by hunger pangs as she usually was after indulging in the dingy green. Perhaps she was developing an immunity...it was difficult to say, but she was glad for the comfortable rise after so late a night.

Slipping carefully from her bone covered pile, she stretched with dexterous arms pulled over, then behind her head then at last combed her fingers through her loosened locks. The single black cord that acted as a reminder of her prior mate was left strung alone across the earthen floor, but the feathers of her companions were gathered placed as ornaments, fastened to her locks by fine glass beads. Grooming was once again postponed for the day as it was already too late in the day, she could feel, to devote her time to manicuring her person. A few well placed licks and nothing more were taken, before she adopted her preferred form to all fours. Leaving her mess behind to clean up later in the evening, she slipped out into the light at last and basked under the late greeting of the sun.

The searing light forced her gaze away for a moment, but while her head recoiled her ears were drawn from their rest atop her autumn crown to receive the summoning call of her companion not but a little ways away. While his tone lacked urgency, she none the less took his call as such and swiftly descended the facade of their home to grace soft grasses beneath her heavy paws. Her ears were drawn forward, anticipating the sounds of struggle or perhaps the heated voices of an argument. Odd that her mind would stray to the negative when there was apparently no cause for it by the tone of her companion's voice. But still she worried as she promptly padded her way toward the dark shrouded figure...and guest.

"Jaden?" There was a silent question in her voice as she drew nearer to the conversing pair. Her head remained low out of courtesy but more so curiosity as the fleshed end quivered anxiously at the presence of this grungy looking male. Shameful as it was to make a comparison, looking at him made her feel quite a bit better about her own unkempt appearance though it was well hidden by the overflowing streams of red. Silently, her eyes passed between the two males as she came to stand just between the two of them. "My friend, you called for me?" kindly, she addressed her companion then carefully set her eyes upon their guest.

517 words.

[/html]
[html]

Current Objective:Scoping out what’s ahead----
Form:Lupine----
Mood: Cautious----

X’ies looked upon the male with careful eyes, such was required and it seemed that such he had. There was something about the males tone that turned when he spoke of his story. Defensive, changing from the idea of a warm welcome and introducing caution. Was it that his story was not believed? No it wasn’t that, then perhaps it was something else, perhaps it was more of a competitive thing. Though surely this one couldn’t think that he sought to mate with the female, particularly in the current state he was in.X’ies was selfish, he didn’t see much point in mating, it would bring about temporary satisfaction to certain urges, but he had no wish to be part of the aftermath of it. Thus, there was no need. Though it did come to question if it was that, did this man fear that they might have had a past? Or was it more to do with her family than any unique individual among them? He watched as the male let out a howl, calling her to their place.

His next words offered more of an idea of just what this male was talking about. He used the term she and I. To X’ies this indicated that she came first, and was thus the superior out of the two. Something that he found to no ends amusing although this amusement did not show on his face. The second point was that he did not think to mention any others besides himself and her. This could well mean that the two were starting a pack on their own, a dangerous game. Or that he considered the only important individuals required in this conversation to be him and her. Marking his territory either, consciously or subconsciously with his words. Interestingly enough though there was a pause between his introduction and the title of “ friend”. This indicated to X’ies that the words were said through a forced tongue. Suspicious, cautious. Perhaps even a little worried.

“ ….Well I could not say for certain…moving on my old injury slows the pace, but it has been many days…”

And that’s when the female arrived, he remembered her from when she was a pup and the coat remained largely the same. Although a few things had changed, most notably her current level of maturity, there was of course a stirring in him as there would be for all males. But quickly that was forced down by the weight of his own mental thought. He had no use for such things, clear mind. Clear objective. Clear goal. ” It has been a long time curious one” said X’ies, invoking that old name he had granted upon her in their youth. With this he would limp forward a step, then show the owl feathered leather band upon his leg. Indicating his family. “ Sorry I had to trick your friend here into calling you, but then that always has been my game”. He had gotten now what he wanted from Jaden and so would cast off one half of the disguise, that being the pitiful stranger seeking information about his family. His eyes would change now from lazy, to decisive. Watchful, an almost creeping grin moving up the side of his maw as he popped one fang to hang out.

“ I wonder if you remember me, but more importantly I’m here based upon things I have heard of you….tell me curious one, just what is it you do here?”

[/html]
[html]
Words - 300+

Jaden took some pleasure from meeting and greeting strangers. He had done it many times whether under the name of Ichika no-Hoen, a loner, or Sangilak. New people always offered a new way of thinking or a pleasant conversation. But not X’ies. More than one thing about this male rubbed him wrong. He was polite while also pathetic and his eyes seemed lazy but the Obsidian male couldn’t help but feel that he was being analyzed much more closely than the other was letting on. Maybe it was in those lazy eyes that hid something more devious or how he seemed to take their conversation much less seriously than someone who had traveled a great distance to now be appeased. He lacked excitement to see his ‘family’. And few males drew so much attention to apparent weaknesses. Around every corner it seemed he was goaded into feeling sympathy, realizing that X’ies was pathetic.

Much less thought was given to this than regularly would be because of the feared implications of the other male’s visit that still hung heavily in him. They were so heavy that he couldn’t cleanse his greeting smile of all the worry when his companion appeared. The smile quickly faded into confusion though. She didn’t understand why he had brought her here? Shouldn’t she recognize family as X’ies claimed to be? He took a step toward her, You don’t know who—? But he was interrupted by their unkempt guest. A dark growl and show of sharp teeth took Jaden’s features at the mention of trickery. So this wasn’t her family, something his instincts had warned him might be the case. Quick steps closed the distance between him and his beloved as he prepared to defend her.

If he had to lie to get her here, X’ies’ intentions had to be devious. Jaden still had no idea who this wolf really was but the information now fell from importance. A claw found one of the daggers that always sat at his hips and the other rested lightly on X’yrin’s shoulder. He didn’t draw the weapon nor did he demand that X’ies spill his true intentions for being on their land he just stood and glared warningly at the deviant male. Even though he was still broken and she wasn’t truly his, the woman would have his protection from any form of physical attack.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

When last she had seen another of her family, it had been many seasons that turned to years. The memories of her childhood within the Exultare band was fresh as always, but interactions with all else were foggy at best. A negative effect to such isolation and rigorous training, though no regret touched her eyes as she again looked to the lone, shaggy male.

The touch of her companion's paw offered a kind of protection that was unneeded, but none the less appreciated for his effort. While one did not condone trickery cast upon oneself, it was an unfortunate but necessary learned behavior of this male and the family he represented. X'yrin was quite still as she looked again from one male to another, a silent contemplation written across her face. Then the light of recognition graced her brow as her eyes lingered on the band and the dreadful 'nickname' from her youth was recalled. She tore her eyes away from the band to meet the fellow's gaze and though her tail swayed excitedly, she said nothing yet to properly greet him.

There was an indescribable joy in seeing another Nomad, but an unseen possibility of danger greatly outweighed this joyous reunion. Yet even under the assumption that was more than a casual encounter, the female conducted herself as she would with any other guest that crossed her path. She smiled kindly, and lowered her head in the midst of his questioning then comfortably seated herself before him. With a slight turn she nudged her companion's hand endearingly, assuring there was little need for him to be on guard. "...not 'curious one'." The retort of her childhood further insured her recognition of the unsightly specimen before them and was made in the hopes of easing the growing tension between the two. "It has been too long if you still insist on calling me that," she continued, no longer burdened by the lead tongue of youth. Yet she knew that it was still heavy in comparison to the finely crafted saber of a Lambda's tongue. "...and please do well not to be unkind to my friend. What few I have I cherish and would rather not see them bothered... especially by your 'strange' words."

And how she despised his particular brand of speaking. She recalled him not as an unkind soul, but one that surrounded himself in dense sentences and metaphor, a headache in comparison to the Exultare and Evan'ule form of communication through gesture and sound. It was enough to make even the most able bodied feel inferior when contesting against such articulation. And the warrior was no exception. Never the less, she continued. "I am sure what you have heard from home will be enough to explain why I am here. I see no reason to tell you otherwise. But since you are away from your family, perhaps you could tell me why. Last I recall, Lambda did not let their own leave without a particular purpose. I would be very interested to know what has made you the exception, X'ies."

512 words.

[/html]
[html]

X’ies look of disinterest crossed upon his face once more as the male jumped to the defense of the female. Once again this either indicated that the two were romantically entangled, or further backed up the theory that she was the one who nipped the ear. Regardless X'ies merely stopped in his tracks and sat down. Was there a chancee that he could be attacked by this Jaden at any moment? Quite possible, though he had a feeling that the female would disallow such things. Besides, X'ies was no small creature, even if his ability in combat was outdone. He knew his size and craftiness would give him a deft advantage in at least getting out of it. Though as expected, the curious female did come forward to greet him, and it would seem that he was recognised after all.

The old retort to his nickname of her amused him further. She indeed did remember him, but he wondered just how much of it " You are what you are, like your fur that does not change....you can roll in the dirt...you can make it rough and discoloured..but in the end when it all washes off...you'll still be the same underneath". Of course his words had more meaning to them than just the comment on her being curious, each had multiple possible meanings, like maggots in the flesh eggs laid to burrow in multiple seperate routes to eat it from the inside out. Words designed to put people off guard, to make them think about them, about themselves.About what he might know.When she spoke of Jaden as he friend, once again he chortled shaking his head, this time laying down on the spot. A sign of his own confidence, laying one paw over the other as he examined the two.

“ ….Unkind?...why I've been nothing of the sort have I Jaden?...my trickery was neccisary as I'm sure you'll agree…I doubt he would have just brought me to you...”

Gaining an auidence wasn't such an easy thing, although then again he was presuming much. Perhaps this one would have just led him to her had he asked. But then again, his responses, his reactions read otherwise. The fact he held weapons, and even placed his hand upon them to draw in case of threat told him that this person wasn't afraid to kill. Wasn't afraid to kill an unarmed, cripple. Now what did that say? Already X'ies eyes were judging just what this one was capable of. " No need for blood shed friend...unless of course you regularly partake in killing unarmed cripples....but the fact you didn't seem to hesitate...you must have some dedication to her...either that or....you just don't care who you kill". Once again. More maggots in the flesh. X'ies laughed aloud once again on the comment of not being mean to her friends.

“ I jest...and but of course..but I like to hear it from the wolves mouth so to speak...as for my family, well that part wasn't a lie...as I told you're friend here...I departed with your brother to find you....bad weather just happened to....split us apart....my ability to find my way back to the collective was slightly impaired by my injury..."

Slightly, but not completely. He rested his head down on one paw. " Regardless Curious one, its good to see you again".

[/html]
[html]

Words – 300+

Jaden remained silent. There wasn’t much he could truly add to his friend and this deceiver’s conversation. They spoke of past he didn’t know and happenings he hadn’t experienced. Only what he could gather from information he already knew gave any indication as to what was going on here. They spoke of her leaving like it was something for her to be ashamed of. He knew she had left to find more than her family had to offer, but he had always assumed it was with their full consent and blessing. He had no reason to think otherwise until now.

But why he was here continued to be hard to comprehend. He would not be taking her by force. That would require the wounded wolf to fight through Jaden’s armed and towering form. X’ies was obviously intelligent enough to discount those thoughts. Even if he continued to act confidently, he had still come to a sudden stop when faced with a warning. His words were damning though, no doubt where he found his self-assurance was behind those sharp syllables. Jaden was more than a little shaken by them. His first bout at X’yrin was met with the same sustained anger and aggression as before. The questions he posed went unanswered. And when he took a well worded stab at the obsidian man, his warning growls fell silent.

Blue eyes shifted in a movement of disgust and anger from the other male’s relaxed form as the brute his words depicted rang as a clear copy of what Jaden feared in himself. The emotion in the movement was more at his inability to act against the pain now found on his mind than in himself, but that was still part of it. And more of his pride was injured by the simple ability for some stranger to read him so easily. Most anyone who would have said such a thing to the armed Alpha would have felt the poisonous words that bubbled into his maw as a response. But that would not only convey how deeply he had been stung to this witty wolf but also interrupt his dear friend’s reunion, if it could be called such. So he settled for silence, drawing his claw away from his friend to cross over his chest with its companion. He returned his narrowed gaze to X’ies and simmered quietly.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

It was no different than a child speaking to a pup, and despite her age and experienced gained through the seasons, she felt no different than the youth she had been when compared to the intellect of the scruffy male before it. It as an aggravating feeling to which she would never admit, but endured none the less to appease both her own pride and their land’s relaxing guest. His brand was a kind that was not savory to those whose pallets were not accustomed to its taste and even to those that were, it was still bitter and uncomfortable going down. His words to her attested to this, earning raised hackles and quivering lips in retort. Nothing other than threat sat on her tongue but the words never left as she exercised her commendable calm and did well to maintain it. A deep breath and the ridge beneath her flowing mane smoothed down, more so by the captured minute traces of home that was not easily rid from the Lambda than the actual act itself.

Yet his crafty tongue was not reserved only for her as his attention was drawn to her companion for a time, earning the full onset of what was meant to be a subdued growl. The sound swelled without warning as the female rose from her set as well to loom over the dingy male to caution his further actions.

“With every word…you are making it difficult for me to extend the same happiness in seeing you…” Her parted maw managed with some reluctance to close as again she was forced to deeply breathe to find her place of calm. “But understandably, we cannot fight who we are… and your tongue is as a part of you as my claws are a part of me. Perhaps before we are made to determine which has the better sting…we should talk in private? Surely you do not expect me to believe that you and my brother left our home just to find me…” Or she sincerely hoped this was not the case. Behind her annoyed façade was a fear hardly stirred, not since the earlier seasons when she first set out on her journey. Would she again be made to look over her shoulder, fearful that she would be made to return home? She needed to know…but did not want to hear the truth especially if it was meant to force a difficult decision.

407 words.

[/html]
[html]

X’ies was interested to see that it wasn't just the female that had acted protectively Once again those gears in his head were spinning wondering if this was just a leaders (as it clearly seemed at this point she was) protection of her pack. Or if indeed, it was down to the fact she had emotional entanglement with this other male. Though it was perhaps Jaden's response to his words that had made him more interested. The poison arrow had flown true and struck its mark with profound accuracy. Though his bodies reactions, they all seemed to deliver a message that said he had been right in some sense. This one was a killer after all. " Tis however a nice knife, I wonder what I'd need to do to get a knife like that". Of course, those words were said in the pretence that it was all too possible the male had killed for it. Little did X'ies know however that particular venom was more potent than he expected. Though it didn't make much of a difference to him, he knew that for now he was safe behind the unspoken barriers of social order. At least for the moment.

X'y oddly enough extended a challenge to him in the form of a threat. Were her claws sharper than his tongue? Were they as focused as his mind? Were they as attuned to the task as his eyes, or his ears? In his own mind he had always thought of her family as a blunt instruement, a weapon of protection only to be used in the most dire of situations. It was his family who protected the collective from all threats, only those that got by the tongues of Lambda were forced to the claws of the Exultare. So did he hesitate for a moment when she brought up this threat? No, rather his maw extended what would be best described as a grin. " Ah you wound me....and here I thought we could get along as we did in the old days....although you are the same person it would seem your loyalties have shifted..". He tilted his head to the left.

He had noticed in her words and in her actions that despite the masks she put up there was a resonance of....doubt. She did not wish to believe his story, for if it was true then that meant she would have to leave and.....ah. So that was the case then. His eyes drifted from the black wolf to her, then back again. "...Oh my...this is concerning........But I assure you....You're brother and I left with the intention of returning you home...till now that goal has been evasive it would seem....but yes....it would be best we talk in private...". He stood up and turned away from the other male without so much as a glance.

" Perhaps then... you...and I...can better explain ourselves..."

Another arrow, another poison. Whilst his words spoke of them both explaining themselves to one another. He put the emphasis on her. He would keep the upper claw.At least for the moment.

[[EXIT]]

[/html]
[html]

Words – 300+

What gave X’ies the right? Where was he finding the courage to continue with his brutal assault of words? It had to be in his correct assumption that Jaden wouldn’t attack him because of X’yrin. She seemed to be agitated by his words too, but continued to down play it like something she knew to expect. Can’t fight who we are? As far as the optime male was concerned, nothing called for the actions of this stranger. He couldn’t even remember another time in his life where he was so angered simply by words. And he still continued to carry that smug tone suggesting things he couldn’t possibly know and trying, as it seemed he enjoyed, to enrage them.

He stayed ever quiet next to his autumn companion as he realized the threatening growls and aggressive words he wanted to use would be only empty promises, at least for now. It was a trying endeavor through the shower of hard words. The only thing concerning is how badly you need to be made to eat your words! The angered thoughts were numerous but not a single one slipped past his maw. The only indication they existed was the icy glare firmly pinned on X’ies.

When the wolf turned to leave it was only too soon. Blue eyes left the arrogant form to fall with mixed emotions on his beloved. Anger was a large portion of it, but worry, and confliction about letting her speak to X’ies alone as well as the implications he brought about sparked there too. All it would take is a gentle indication for him to leave and he would. She seemed to be able to handle his barrage of words better than he anyway. At least if she spoke to him and righted his mislead thoughts of her leaving, the beast might be gone from their land.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The distress caused by her request for privacy did not go unnoticed by the woman’s eyes, but it was not readily acknowledged either for the sake of maintaining a strict composure before the Lambda. Not til his back was turned did the Issor give an apologetic smile to her dear friend and provided a silent assurance they would speak again with a soft touch of her muzzle to his arm.

Time had been kind to keep her at a distance with her Nomad family though she loved them dearly and thought of them often. She had been given the opportunity to share in the wonderful experiences and obstacles that came with exploration. But with so good a thing, it was only a matter of time before the price for this joy must be paid. She could not elude it forever…. But perhaps she could barter for more time…

Silently, she padded after her childhood friend with the weighted steps of one marching to their end. But surely the ancestors had other plans than to let this new beginning come to an abrupt end.
[exit X'yrin]

000 words.

[/html]