A stop before entrance, AW
Here's a link to my profile if you want to check him out before posting http://www.soulsrpg.com/ipb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3810

Shofuseptim stood just west of the Nova Scotia border, he looked at the land that he would travel through in order to reach the lands he had heard were thriving with packs. For 2 months he had been travelling trying to find a new home to replace the one he had lost, and he still hadn't had any success, all he had found were fights that he didn't want.

When people saw the large grey and black furred Luperci approaching, carrying with him his weapons, they instantly thought they were going to be attacked, and instead attempted to strike first. He showed mercy, he only killed when he must, for he did understand why these people attacked, it was out of fear. He grew weary of everyone being afraid of him, he hated it.

He looked out over the land from the large hill he stood upon and sighed, perhaps soon he would find a home, at least he hoped so. He slowly sat down as the sun grew low in the sky, he would need to find a place to camp soon, but for now he was happy to sit and watch the stars that began to wink into existence.
[html]
water is the driving force of all nature.

I've been wantin to test my character out too. x3

429 words

Summer had come to the northwest continent, and Malik was grateful that warmth lingered even after the sun had begun to set. His skin still remembered desert nights, how far down the temperature could drop given the season, even as nocturnal foxes with their plush tan coats made use of the cool to hunt hopping rodents. He had learned to exist in these tween times—dawn and twilight, enough light to see by, a balance of warm and cold—and make do with what meager coverings he had.

The grass under his paws was dry and brittle, poking his callused pads as he moved slowly through the hills. Night drew out different beasts here, and he’d learned that not all of them were as friendly as desert foxes. The tan dog frowned, pausing and listening to the crackle of grass behind him as his young charge followed.

“I’m hungry,” the blue-eyed hyena cub complained, snorting at a shrub as they passed it. Disappointed to find no interesting scents, Hapi marched on again.

Malik glanced over his shoulder then stopped. “If you must, child,” he replied patiently, “you may drink again. I want to find shelter before all we are left with is stars.” Dark eyes lifted to the heavens above, the constellations he could not recognize. “I’ll hunt or steal a meal then.”

The little hyena scowled but began to walk again, shaking his head as the man grabbed for the canteen of water. “I don’t want to eat someone else’s carcass,” he was muttering as he stomped over the green-brown grass. “I want to bite a rabbit and shake it till it’s dead, and then I’ll eat all its bones.”

The dog grinned wickedly. “You’d be the first hyena I knew who turned his nose up at free food,” he teased quietly, and managed to get a hoot form his companion before they paused, finding a figure at the crest of a hill. The lone wolf would not be a threat to them if they continued to pass idly by, but Malik knew that a charitable stranger to share their burden with would get them through the night more soundly than them on their own. It might also spare some food for them, depending on its mood.

Telling the child to be silent, the skinny luperci strode up the hill, the clicking of the gold hoops in his dangling ear muffled by the cloth wrapped loosely around his head. He paused a safe distance from the dark luperci and called, no louder than he needed to: “Hail, stranger.”

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Vollkorn);
.levbaff {width:98%; max-width:585px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RlZmC.png); background-color:#e1e1d9; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; border:#696965 1px solid; border-radius:30px; color:#696965; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 245px;}
.levbaff .tagline {color:#1f2b1b; font-family:'Vollkorn', georgia, serif; font-size:30px; text-align:center; margin:20px; }
.levbaff p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 15px;}
.levbaff b {color:#1f2b1b; }
.levbaff b.npc {color:#746e52;}
.levbaff p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; padding:0px 15px;}
.levbaff p.wordcount {font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
Shofuseptim stared up at the far distant beacons of light in the never ending darkness, he had caught the scent of the approaching ones early on, but had not deemed it necisary to prepare for a fight, or to try and get away. He didn't fear attack, he feared little after so long alone, and so many battles fought against unknown enemies in the forest.

As he heard the Luperci's call he looked down the hill at him, pulling his gaze from the sky. He regarded the stranger with a cool gaze from his deep silver eyes. He measured the stranger visually and decided he was not a threat yet. He raised a hand and waved to him in a casual manner.

"Greetings, come, i will not harm those who do not seek a fight."He says, for it was true, though he fought mightily, he never actually started fights unless he absolutely had to, and it didn't seem like he had to. He pulled his axes from his waist and set them beside him, as well as his hammers, showing his truthfulness about meaning no harm. As he set down his second hammer he looked down at the Luperci again and glanced behind him as he saw a flicker of movement. "The young one needs not hide."
omg I pounce!

She was far from home, much farther than the female should have been and what posessed her to go on such wanderings were unknown to her. An unusual amount of travel lust filled her bones and she wished to excavate it as swiftly as possible to return to her family. The swelling of her stomach was becoming more and more noticeable every day and surely without doubt Temo and the children would be going out of their minds with worry. She had left a note, a brief note, filled with vague explanations as to why the half way pregnant woman sought to drag herself well beyond the realms of safety and comfort into the wilds of danger, that had been almost a month ago and she hadn't known when she had set off that she had been carrying young, if she had then.. well that might have curbed her desire to migrate for a while.

Her beastful four legged form was being made useful for today although she couldn't switch between them for much longer and would have to chose which form she preferred to ride out the second phase in lest she lose these children to the inner workings on her body. Already she felt the tole that shifting brought upon her, her small frame all the more exhausted because of it. Drooping ears pulled forwards as voices in the distance brought about her attention. Two lone male luperci figures stood nearby on a hill and a third oddly shaped one stood behind the second skinny shirt furred male.

Her hunts had not gone well and she was to the point where the children's lives were at risk for her starvation. Maybe these strangers had food she could beg of them or steal from them if their attention was lax enough. The once proud warrior had been reduced to such a low as considering stealing others kills, it left a bitter taste in her mouth.

She approached closer, trying to conceal herself for now and probably failing anyhow, she hadn't the energy to hide herself effectively. After moving forwards no more than fifty yards or so she abandoned her attempt at hiding herself and stood strong in the ebbing light of the sun, she was once so full of life and stood so tall upon her pedestal of pride and honor, the fall had been brutal and damaging to her. She made no noise as she watched the three strangers, hesitant to move closer into attacking range.
Barely a moment after speaking towards the first pair of strangers, Shofuseptim had caught yet another scent, this one made his ears go up. He could smell a female Luperci, and as he turned his head in the direction of the scent, he saw her figure straighten up from where she had given up trying to hide.

She wasn't in her Optime form, which was strange, but even from the small amount of her that he could see, he could tell that she was both pregnant, and very thin and hungry. His mind completely forgot about the first pair of strangers as the lessons of his childhood echoed in his mind. 'Protect the females, at any cost, especially if their pregnant. Just because they can fight on their own, doesn't mean they might not need help.'

He stood slowly and turned towards the female. "Do you need help?" He asked, his tone giving away a note of worry. "You look like you haven't eaten in a very long time"
[html]
water is the driving force of all nature.

It's a Jace! :o And sorry for curddydfdsjaklfdaness.

326 words

It was perhaps not obvious from the dog’s expression, but the stranger’s cool appraisal and casual greeting pleased him. All was as it should be; two sensible creatures crossing one another’s paths with no more acknowledgment that was needed. There was no undue aggression or inappropriate familiarity, and the man was fine to sit far from any extreme.

He did have to suppress a smirk as the other purposefully laid out all his weapons for the sake of showing he wasn’t a threat. Malik was not a paranoid creature, although he could now see from this distance that the wolf was very tall. Although he wasn’t small, the desert luperci was restricted by his species when it came to size; he stood a little over a foot shorter than the dark grey wolf.

“See, Hapi, he will not harm you with his blades,” the Azawakh said aloud, but it was more permission than reassurance. The hyena cub’s curiosity outweighed his shyness with strangers. Once the kid stood next to him, unusual blue eyes locked on the fine weapons on the ground, the desert man started to speak again. “I was wondering, stranger, if you could—”

The other turned his head, and Malik followed his gaze. His eyes widened slightly as he saw the female, her belly softly swollen—in stark contrast to the protruding hipbones and ribs that marked her hunger. Although the pariah dog’s bones structure jutted out under his thin fur, that was due to his breed—but he knew starvation well. His eyes softened, and soon his body began to change, shifting down onto four legs. His thin tail wagged, and he stepped closer to her with tentative but supple steps.

“It looks like she’s more in need than we are,” he murmured to the hyena, who stared at the female. He grabbed the strap of the canteen in his teeth and lifted his head. “Madam: do you need water, or blessing?”

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Vollkorn);
.levbaff {width:98%; max-width:585px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RlZmC.png); background-color:#e1e1d9; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; border:#696965 1px solid; border-radius:30px; color:#696965; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 245px;}
.levbaff .tagline {color:#1f2b1b; font-family:'Vollkorn', georgia, serif; font-size:30px; text-align:center; margin:20px; }
.levbaff p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 15px;}
.levbaff b {color:#1f2b1b; }
.levbaff b.npc {color:#746e52;}
.levbaff p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; padding:0px 15px;}
.levbaff p.wordcount {font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]