God, I love books.
[html]

He's in the library and looking for some eager ears to hear his, well, love for books and maybe make some friends.

Word Count → 426

It had taken him a day and a half to find the place, but he was here. Before even entering the building he could smell the must of old books that were just waiting to be read. The library, the building he had anticipated since the very moment he set his paws into Casa de Cavalieri camp. With a grin he pushed open the door, feeling the old wood and flicking his ears to the squeal of the ancient hinge. He wondered how long the structure had been there and how a pack had collected enough books to fill the halls. Coeus gazed upward into the fixings, a rush of warm air touching his face. If he hadn't been in a quiet setting with strangers dotting the tables, he would have squealed like a child.

Striding in with forced composure, he looked at the books on the shelves and was a bit overwhelmed by it all. He had no idea where to start, there were so many genres where he had only read his own limited resource of books. Instead of fretting over his decision he flicked a dusty old tomb from a shelf, labeled "fiction" and stole away to a table. His eyes glanced over to the others that were inside of the book, knowing none of their faces except in passing. Coeus shrugged his shoulders indifferently and stared down at the cover. It was titled Damsel in Distress, as he opened the first pages he instantly delved into the story. It was rather childish, a knight had come to rescue a beautiful princess that was being kept hostage by her jealous sisters, who are all ugly.

The gallant knight had just glanced her at a ball, as she scrubbed the floor dressed in rags, but he could see her beauty. He had risked his life to visit her, forging through her sister's wicked trickery as they tried to stop him in his courtship. He faced a challenge of strength, intelligence, and patience. And of course, he swept the princess off her feet and rode into the sunset. Coeus read and absorbed for much of the day, the sky bleeding red as the moon rose and the sun set. By then, he had read it from front to back and felt sated in his hunger. Slouching in his chair he stroked the cover of the book lovingly, as if he saw for the first time. In a hushed tone he whispered, "God, I love books."

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Word Count :: +245

Regner's breaths came out more like wheezes as the Elderly Male tiredly padded his way back to the fort. Hid encounter with Hadley had been interesting but had also left him too tired to continue upon his original path so he had made his way back, a wise decision it was emerging.

What had started as a slight pain had become a constant stabbing sensation whenever he took a breath. Only a lifetime of fighting and dealing with pain allowed him to keep moving at the fairly brisk pace that he did. Regner had just passed into the fort and was preparing to make his way back up to his rooms when a scent and an opened door caught his attention.

Curiosity trumped pain and he padded over to investigate, his skinny - in Regner's rather skewed opinion - Lupus form nonetheless large enough to open the heavy door fairly easily. He padded forwards slowly, swinging his head backwards and forwards until he found the source of the scent that had drawn him in.

"Go-" he started to call up to the dark furred wolf, breaking off into a wheezing cough as he tried to speak. Regner let out a few loud, hacking coughs to clear his throat, each one sending a spear of pain through his chest, and then tried again, "Good day." His voice was a little strained, but overall he did a good job of hiding the pain his coughing had put him through.

<style>
.Regner { background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Regner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#000000; width:90%px; max-width: 640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:405px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Regner b {color:#770e0e; }
.Regner p { color:#b99320; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Regner p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Regner .wc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b99320;}
.Regner .ooc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 328

Coeus looked up from his reexamination of the book to see the elderly canine walking towards him. He could hear the age and sickness that resided within the senior's voice but the scars showed a very different story while a shadow of a powerful youth showed in his depleted muscles. The young wolf dipped his head respectfully to the hybrid, "Good day to you as well." He smiled at the wolf, "My name is Coeus, it's a pleasure meeting you. I've been introducing myself a lot nowadays, heh, being a new one is hard work on the tongue."

He had rarely been in the presence of a wolf with such a battle history written on his body. His own body was relatively unharmed and whole, having no serious scars to boast about nor a proud war story to tell any pups that he met. Coeus had lived easily alone, other than the occasional conflict with the fauna but he never maintained the conflict or received serious injury. He supposed that he was lucky not to suffer through the pain of a grievous injury, but he had no story to tell. He read books, wrote things, and rode his docile mare into the greenery of the forest. In a way, he felt below the old canine to even speak to him.

But instead of wallowing, his tail swayed slightly eager to speak to the elder. "I've been enjoying the books that the library provides. I haven't seen so many books in, well, my whole life. I can confidently say it was the highlight of my month to walk into this place." His orangey eyes scanned the shelves once more, smelling the musk of old books and enjoying the warm, airy atmosphere that it provided. Something about leather colors, yellowed pages and the written word made him fuzzy instead. It was a feeling he had never experienced before.

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Word Count :: +322

A little bit of respect went a long way with Regner, the elderly warrior's pride and high position within his previous pack having left him with a slight sense of self importance; while we wasn't so arrogant as to demand respect in a new pack he certainly appreciated it if it was offered. God dag, welcome to Casa di Cavalieri, young blood is good to see." Regner greeted, his deep voice scratchy but otherwise clear of the pain that had taken his chest moments before. Regner strode forwards as he spoke, bumping Coeus' leg roughly with his snout in an affectionate greeting.

Regner raised himself up to his full height, beinging him just high enough to stick his muzzle into the book that Coeus held. His eyes almost crossed as he looked at the odd scribbles on the paper - he remembered being told once before that the squiggles were an odd way of transferring information - before he accidentally breathed in with his nose and he had to duck away as he sneezed lightly from the musty smell, not wanting to damage the old tome. "Never learnt to read." he admitted conversationally, "Lived on the move for most my life, snowy conditions as well for the most part. Stuff like these books would've been too fragile to keep with us."

Regner chuckled, "Seem like interesting things but I'm too old to be trying to learn something that difficult." Regner lowered his head for a moment, scanning his eyes along the lower shelves and wishing for a moment that the squiggles along it made any sense to him. Reading would be a good way to occupy his time now that his boy was starting to finally give up its last grasp of life. Regner blinked several times to clear away the thoughts and returned his attention to Coeus, one chewed ear cocked curiously, "What's that one you got there about?"

<style>
.Regner { background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Regner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#000000; width:90%px; max-width: 640px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:405px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Regner b {color:#770e0e; }
.Regner p { color:#b99320; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Regner p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Regner .wc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b99320;}
.Regner .ooc {color:#b99320; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 300+

The youth was almost too keen to explain the story to the older male. He had absorbed the book and even though his counterpart could not read, he was sure he would appreciate a good story. But as he thought over the content of the book, he felt a slight flush rise in his face. The story had been fraught with golden clad heros and wailing maidens. All the main characters were beautiful and all the antagonists were ugly. Even as he hesitated, he knew that it would be rude to deny the illiterate elder his answer, nor would he sink so low to lie.

"The book is called Damsel in Distress, it's a tale about a knight who rescued a princess from her ugly sisters who hated how beautiful she was. He had to risk his life to get to her, forging through her sisters' wicked tricks to get to her. However, through the trials he learned how to be strong, intelligent and patient. In the end, the beautiful princess and the knight lived happily ever after." Coeus smiled to himself, forgetting how unmasculine he would appear as he sighed, "It was quite an enjoyable story, occasionally I would see myself as the knight, though I am not nearly as gallant."

His cream colored hands stroked the weathered spine of the book, peering at the golden lettering that decorated it. A craftman had worked are on it, painting on the golden words in elegant swishes and strokes. Coeus could hardly imagine it, he was fairly fumbly with his fingers and was a poor painter. If smearing mud on walls was even considered painting. When he had run free art had very little presence in his life, it was hunt and eat, and avoid being eaten. Even then, books held a special place in his heart.

<style>

</style>[/html]
[html]<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alex+Brush);</style>
Regner Vilhelmsen
Check my vitals signs and know i'm still alive
Word Count :: 305Very sorry for the delay on this, will reply quicker in the future.

There was a slight hesitation to the youth before he spoke that had Regner puzzling for a split second before he started talking and the reason why became apparent. The story was clearly fantasy and off a somewhat childish frame of mind. Regner himself didn’t judge but eh could certainly see why one would be somewhat bashful to speak of reading such a thing for pleasure. He waited until the wolf was done before he spoke, his voice accepting, ”Fantasy is important, they teach important values to children. If nobody reads them from books or memorises them, they are lost.”

Regner’s legs were starting to ache and he sat down with a heavy thump as his considerable frame hit the floor. He shifted about for a moment before continuing to talk, “My birth pack told similar stories to our youth, had several members dedicated to just hunting down all the stories they could out of an area and deciding which were any good,” Regner grinned briefly, showing his teeth for a second in a friendly manner, “A job like that might have suited you, perhaps Casa di Cavalieri has a similar post? I haven’t really looked into it.” Regner raised his head and peered closely at the book, following Coeus’ fingers to the fancy gold decoration on the spine of it. There were more golden markings on the spine and while Regner couldn’t read them, he knew enough to recognise that some of them were writing. ”Pretty thing.” he commented, before suddenly realising something.

”I never introduced myself, did I” he asked rhetorically, briefly dipping his ears in apology, ”I apologise, my mind slips sometimes.” it was one of the painful realities of growing old that Regner was starting to have to deal with, the degradation of his memory. ”I am Regner Vilhelmsen.”

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Regner .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Regner p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Regner b {font-family:verdana; color:#5b5c5a; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Regner {background-color:#f1f1ee; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#95a2a7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4092/atab1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #a5b8c0; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Regner .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alex Brush; color:#5b5c5a; font-size:62px; text-shadow:#bababa 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:18px;}
.SS15141211_Regner .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:braggadocio; color:#78828a; font-size:11px; text-shadow:#bababa 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 20px; line-height:12px;}
.SS15141211_Regner .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6e6d; font-size:9px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000;}
</style>
[/html]