Look, they are already trying to tear us apart.
[html]
hope this is alright. (=

You are the weapon I choose.

Black, everything was black at first. Slowly, sight was starting to crawl back but the pain. Was she dead? Asphyxia couldn't be unless she was in hell. It was the place she was supposed to be summoned to, so was this what it felt like? It shouldn't have been. However, she started to slowly open her eyes, the pain and the light put together didn't work. Where was she? She looked around with her heart quickening, it was... a church, far from hell. She sat up and then jumped up, running for the doors. Asphyxia was about to make it, finally be able to get out into the fresh air again but she hit the doors and fell back on her bottom and elbows. What was going on? She couldn't even open the doors, going as fast as she could with all her strength.

So many questions and she couldn't answer all of them herself. The black lady stood up and looked around, finding a hole that was only the size of her head, by the doors, through the wall. She went to it, got on her knees and looked through it. A wolf was standing there. He looked about Skoll's height almost, around seven feet. He was gray, black and tan, and had a wiry but strong build. He had a backpack on his back and when Asphyxia called out, "Hey!" he turned around with almost no expression on his face, "Yeah you! Get me out of here!" she was stupid and obviously he put her in there. He looked around and then looked back at Asphyxia, "Yeah I'm talking to you bozo! Get me out of here or so help me god, when I get out of here I'll break your neck!" he just stared and finally spoke a couple words, but looked away again. "There is no God, in fact there is no one to help you." Asphyxia growled, she knew that there was no God, but no body was allowed to ever tell her that no one would help her, "You're messing with the wrong women, the wrong family. The Holocaust and Massacre family will kill you." he didn't even look back this time, We'll see. she huffed and turned around, now looking around the church, sitting against the wall. Was he right? No one will save her? What about Skoll? He promised to always keep her safe.

[/html]
[html]

I like your post, even though Skoll is actually eight feet tall =P Biggest thing though is that we should ask for the topic to be moved to the territory with Halifax in it, lol. This thread is gonna be awesome.

A yellow blur appeared between two trees in the deep foliage, but vanished immediately, only to be seen through another gap further along the treeline. Skoll had decided to see where his lover had gone, and following her trail, he quickly found where it intersected with another. A large male wolf had overtaken her, and carried her away. He was on that trail now, and finding that it took a direct course to Halifax. He followed that course now, clenching his right fist over and over until the twinge from his month-old injuries was something he was used to, something he could work through. The scent was getting fresher, which meant he was getting closer.

Soro stood guard over his captive, a shrewd and calculating gaze overlooking the pathway which he expected his quarry to take for his arrival. He had spoken to Asmodai a few days ago, told him of his plan, and when to meet him in front of the church. Unfortunately, from the scents brought on the wind, it seemed like Skoll would arrive before his cousin did.

That's alright, he thought to himself, feeling the weight of his past failure still heavy on his shoulders. I don't want anyone else getting hurt this time, anyway. I am a trained warrior of GreyClaw. I am more than a match for this old man, I've seen him and sized him up already. His size advantage over me isn't enough to offset his age, and some of the injuries that produced those dozens of scars had to have gone deep enough to slow him down. He isn't faster than me, and his training isn't as good. You can be as late as you want, Asmodai. I'll handle the 'Golden Warrior' myself.

As the church came into view, Skoll continued to approach at a run, even when he saw the kidnapper standing several yards out from the doors. He continued running until he was no more than four strides from his enemy, where he finally came to a halt.

"What is the meaning of this?" he demanded, breath coming heavily. The younger male, who was only into his third year, made a wry smile. Skoll's teeth clenched and his fangs were bared. He smelled Asphyxia's scent, but he didn't see her. He saw something move in the background, and saw a black face through a hole in the church wall. "Asphyxia!" he took a step forward, but stopped when the kidnapper took a step as well. He recognized the way he moved, that certainty and fluidity.

"Do you see that heavy chain on the doors, Skoll?" he tilted his head slightly, indicating the metal binding sealing the passage. "A similar chain is on every exit of this place. It also used to be a warehouse, so no windows. The only way you're getting her out, is with this," a key was produced from a side pocket of his pack, before vanishing with it again.

Skoll wasted no time. He wanted to know who this man was and why he knew his name, but before anything else he wanted to ensure that Asphyxia was safe. As soon as Soro began replacing the key, Skoll began to approach. He didn't see the dagger being drawn from the same pocket as the key...

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
haha done. (=

As Asphyxia slowly started to realize what was going on, as soon as Skoll arrived panic started to override, "Skoll!" she said as soon as he arrived, thankful that someone was going to save her, after all he did promise to always protect her. If Skoll got hurt because of her, she didn't know what she would do. First case though, the man must have obviously known Skoll or something so it did make sense why he'd go to someone close to her lover to lure him out. However, she did no good inside the church with boards all over the windows, chains on every door. Asphyxia kept looking at the wolves as Skoll started to approach him, obviously not seeing the dagger that was being pulled from his pocket, "Skoll look out! He's got a knife!" she realized she was screaming. If anything happened to Skoll, the seven foot monster would never see daylight again.

[/html]
[html]

I always get carried away with these >.< Feel free to have her cry out or otherwise react to anything from the fight, yeah?

Her screams gave pause to his approach, just enough that he didn't walk into the blade as it was swung forward. Skoll's right hand instinctively sought his enemy's wrist, and took a hold of it. His left presented its palm to the knife-bearing hand, and struck it smartly, forcing the fingers to jerk, releasing the knife. Even before the blade hit the ground, Skoll felt a similar snapping blow strike his face, not enough to dizzy him, but enough to by a single moment, which was enough for his enemy to free his hand.

The freed hand struck him in the lower jaw before he got his guard up, and he gave ground as the younger man pressed forward, two blows brushing by Skoll's forearms, deflected by the grizzled fighter. The blows came fast and powerful, his knuckles had clearly undergone some sort of conditioning, as Skoll could feel in his bruising flesh that they were more solid than was normal.

The bronze wolf surged forward, leading with his knee, but the younger wolf sidestepped easily, striking at his momentarily exposed flank. A flurry of blows came from either side, a vicious give and take of punishment and ground, superior footing and repositioning. After four seconds of this, Skoll know he had connected solidly with his enemy's head once, and twice on the shoulder. Conversely, he had taken two hits to the face, and three to his shoulders. His reach was superior to the younger male's, but his foe was utilizing a style very similar to his own, and his blocks and strikes were as practiced and precise as Skoll's. He hadn't seen someone who fought with this much technical prowess since Gabred. Without a doubt, this was a professional warrior, but he had never heard of him. Could he be another student of Gabred's, like Xark must have been?

They made another pass at each other, and the stranger employed a technique he had never seen before. Skoll felt an intense pressure strike the side of his neck as they entered striking distance, and he broke away before it could carry on like the last bout. The younger's fingers had straightened out for the blow, and swung in from the side. Suddenly, Skoll understood the nature of the strike. It was a killing blow. A single strike. Had those fingers driven into his trachea, as he was sure his adversary had intended them too, he would be unable to breath, his airway would have been crushed entirely. He would have died with one move. Soro smiled. Skoll froze where he was, seeing his opponent in a new light. This man was a trained killer.

The younger curled his fists again, and the two entered melee with one another again, a vicious swirl of savage blows and jerky movements capitalized by the cracks and thuds of impact. A blocked strike, a deflected strike, a strike connected. A dodged fist, and connecting knee, a thrown elbow which resulted in one combatant falling to the ground, his bronze pelt rippling with two merciless kicks into his side. Through pain and exhaustion, the man's old bones moved back into an upright position, only to be answered by a barrage of flying fists, flying at him in a defined and practiced sequence. A surge forward, both forms locked for a moment, with one hunched and tired, the other struggling with the claw-assisted hold the larger had over him. The two jockeyed for footing for a moment, before the larger wolf brought his enemy down. A bronze back rose up from the high grass, a hung head panting for breath could be seen, wild-eyed above it, and aimed a full-bodied blow down onto an enemy concealed by the overgrowth. This occurred again and again, a short and terrible cycle answered at first only by frantic clawing at his belly, the fruits of disembowelment unattainable from the bottom wolf's position. When slashing proved useless, a return strike was tried instead, and hit the golden wolf between the legs, doubling him over to catch another blow in the jaw, but this was not enough to oust the larger wolf from his position.

The answering attack was the final one. Arms raised up to protect his face, a terrible wailing emerged from the dying individual as heavy blows, aided by the weight of the Golden Warrior's upper body, crashed down onto his skull, as claws tore his flesh. Their skill as fighters had been a sight to behold, two who had dedicated their lives to battle, pitting their abilities against one another in a test of strength, but now that spectacle was gone, and it was no more than one wolf killing another. When consciousness began escaping Soro, he wondered vaguely if Asmodai would come to save him, like last time...a tear ran down his face as a brutal blow forced his skull into the dirt, rocking his brain, and his arms fell limply to his sides. He couldn't feel much when--seizing the moment of immobility-- two golden hands came down to grab his neck. It registered that something serious was happening as force entered the tips of those fingers, and those claws dug in, before dragging everything under them up and out. Blood spattered up and out, rivulets running down his neck and into the grass. Is--Asmodai--coming-- his final thought sputtered out as the blood drained, and he thought no more.

Skoll rose, but did not yet get up. He looked over to the face in the wall. He wanted to smile, but he was too tired to put on a happy front. Blood was in his fur, both his and his foes. It ran down his nose and was in his mouth. Nevertheless, he lived, and her kidnapper didn't. He retrieved the key, and staggered over the door's heavy chain, unlocking the large padlock, and casting away before pulling the chain noisily from the door handles. He pulled one door open slowly, hoping the bastard hadn't done anything to her.

[/html]
[html]
baha.

Asphyxia couldn't stand to watch, she didn't want to but just in case the mysterious wolf had anything behind his back, and would use it to kill Skoll. Every once in a while when he'd hit Skoll, she'd scream a river of curse words at the bastard. Eventually she got up, went to the far end of the church, where someone would stand to get married and just as fast as she stood in the spot, she ran and rammed into the door trying to get out. She went back and did the same motion for as long as she could stand it. Eventually she was limping to the end of the church, considering she was ramming her body into the heavy wooden doors, it was bruising her side. Quickly she went to the window and watched, but when she looked out, the guy was dead and Skoll was now staring at her. As soon as Skoll opened the door she ran into his arms, almost knocking him over, "Are you alright?" she scanned his face over and kissed his lips, tasting the slightest bitter taste of coppery blood. Asphyxia's hip was still hurting but she ignored it, brushed it off as the fact that Skoll was probably hurting more than she was, "You saved me... just like you promised." she whispered her words, like he had to her hours before. Anyone would notice, the small smile that crept across her face.

[/html]
[html]

She threw herself into his arms, and in his battered state he counted himself lucky not to have fallen over. Was this some kind of test of fate? He had made that promise only hours before, and yet here he was, standing cut and bruised after fighting to save her, a dead man at his back, and her lips pressed against his. Maybe love was what you made it? Perhaps, even though he was wolf and she coyote, even though their people stood against each other in this odd land, even though they had only known each other a few weeks, they could make this real and lasting.

Killing the rabid wolf had been nothing to him. It had been easy. This had not been. It was difficult for him to understand her feelings earlier, how she had extended him so much credit for saving her. What he felt now, the damage of his body, the personal risk taken just for her...perhaps this is how she had viewed the last thing too. But this time...love had been the motivator, and that cast a significance upon the whole event that separated it from all of the other near-death experiences he'd had in his life.

"I'm alright," he said, still breathing heavily. He brought her close and kissed her back. "And I'll always save you."

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at him, thankful he was alive, "I'm so happy you're okay." but after everything, she was tired and wasn't thinking clearly till right then, "Wait." she looked at the dead body that was in her view, "What the hell was this all about?" what was going on? Why were wolves kidnapping her and trying to kill Skoll. If Skoll died, would the male have spared her or would she have met the same fate? So much was happening all at once, she probably felt as exhausted as he was, however he was in pain unlike her who was not. Quietly she stood there, waiting for an answer, wondering if she was ready for the truth. Was this something to do with Skoll's odd past? Or was it much more than that, or was it nothing at all and this was all a big misunderstanding.

[/html]
[html]

"I have no idea," he answered honestly, following her gaze over to the corpse in the high grass. "I've never met him or smelled him before, though he fights like a few wolves I've met in the past. Better, though, even than the man who I thought was the master of the style." That bit was strange. Gabred had been very skillful. The fact that this wolf was better than him, and younger, didn't agree with Skoll's sensibilities.

Identifying why this fighter was better wasn't difficult. He wasn't more skilled than Gabred had been at the strikes Skoll was familiar with, but his movements were more fluid, he transitioned better than the other striking-style fighters faced. His moves were more varied, as well, and he used combinations Skoll hadn't seen prior to this meeting. The strength of Gronnor's martial style hadn't failed the old wolf, when he had been outclassed he had switched tactics and had been successful by shifting the focus to ground-fighting. Nevertheless, someone like that, after Asphyxia and himself for an unknown reason...it was a grim prospect.

"Let's get out of here. I don't know what he wanted, but he's gone now. I suspect he was alone, given the strategy he employed...whoever he was with would have been here to help him otherwise, that or he would have called out someone's name when he started losing. Still, I need a drink." He wasn't losing that much blood, but he was still tired and thirsty, and Asphyxia looked like she could use refreshment as well.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia looked at him worried, because well...she was. What were they going to do if someone was after them? And why the hell would they be after them considering Asphyxia never even seen the wolf before in her life. When Skoll mentioned leaving and getting cleaned up she nodded, "That's a good idea, come on, I'm sure there is a pond over here." as she walked, she put her arm around Skoll just in case he needed help with walking or anything because he looked pretty hurt, but not as much as when she first seen him. As they got closer to the pond, she let him go and went down to the side where she dipped her feet in. Scooping water in her hands, she then rubbed her hand filled with water up a down her arms, her legs, basically everywhere to get washed off. She looked up at Skoll, "You sure you're alright?"

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, had some exciting stuff going on yesterday, and I got sidetracked =( So, I was thinking maybe they should have two more threads, one on the tenth, when Asmodai tells Skoll they need to fight, and then another one which takes place just before the actual fight?

As they passed by it, Skoll picked up the knife, putting it into the pack at his hip. There was something strangely familiar about the blade, though in his exhaustion and eagerness to take Asphyxia away from here, he left that for the time being. Quickly, it left his mind...the curve and spotted wood which he'd seen before so, so long ago. It held some relevance, which might occur to him later, but for now, nothing.

He was glad she steadied him. He could force himself to walk straight for her sake, but it was difficult, his brain was rattled from all of the blows his skull had taken, and her supporting arm was a loving gift all the way to the pond, where he let her go, and she began washing away the smell and the dirt and entire experience of this awful hour. Skoll simply walked into the pond, unstrapping his pack and shield and tossing them behind him. When he was belly-deep in water, he let himself crouch down to be submerged up to his shoulder.

"You're alright, how could I not be fine, knowing that?" He smiled at her from his place in the pond. Then, an ammendment to his statement. "I'm alright, Asphyxia. These old bones have taken more abuse than this before. Recently, in fact. I'll be good as new in two days, probably, and much better by tomorrow anyway." He kept his smile, hoping she'd see it and let her worries go. The danger was over, he wanted her to be happy.

[/html]
[html]
sounds awesome. (=

Asphyxia wasn't sure if she should actually believe Skoll this time so she just nodded. The reason why she didn't get wet is because everyone who knew her, knew that she didn't spend her time in water so something obviously was up, "Okay...well I think I better get back to Inferni before something actually happens and someone finds out about this." she looked at him, "Are you alright by yourself?" she knew that he wasn't a little kid, he could definitely take care of himself, but still he was hurt and she was able to stay longer to help him but other than that she was just so afraid that something would happen, someone would see them, spy, find out she's from Inferni and rat her out to Gabriel or worse... Hybrid.

[/html]
[html]

Last post of this thread, looks like. I'll catch you again around the 10th!

"I told you, I'm fine, Asphy. Go on ahead. I'll stay in here a little longer before I head on back to Shadowed Sun." The water would wash the scents of the past day off of him, making it impossible for anyone to know he had been with her, or to connect this wolf's scent to him...unless they found the body, of course. He would need to do something about it soon...but maybe he would wait. If someone had taken care of it by the end of the day, he would know that this wolf wasn't alone. If no one had, he could probably rest easy...or at least as easy as he ever did when on guard.

[/html]
[html]
see you then! P=

Asphyxia looked at him an nodded, "Okay. I'll see you around." she would have went in the water, hugged him, but then she'd have to rewash herself and she didn't want to do that again. With a wave, she walked away. After she got a little bit away, she went back to all four legs, running as fast as she can, not sure where she was heading, back to Inferni maybe but she needed to get all this out of her head and the perfect run would work, a little exercise she needed as well.

[/html]