Here You Go, Daddy
[html]

WC:: 247 - Set on the June 2nd

The day before had been a bit difficult for the new mother. First was the actual act of giving birth which was extremely painful. Then there was figuring out how to take care of the two pups, which she was still learning. Panda had come by a few hours after the pups had been born to check on how the new family was doing. Ayasha had insisted on no visitors for a few days and she knew that Liam would keep visitors away until she was up to seeing them.

She was in bed and still extremely exhausted from giving birth. D'ryn and Bridget were asleep but they were bound to be awake to nurse at anytime. The two pups were only a pound each and seemed tiny snuggled against her belly. She considered the fate of their stillborn littermate and was glad that the pup was born dead since it meant that Liam didn't kill the black pup for being a shadow wolf. She wasn't sure if she could have handled it.

Her promise to Amy wasn’t even in her mind as she gazed at her new pups. She knew that them growing up would have its hardships but all she saw were two being that depended wholly on her. She gently stroked the soft fur on their backs and gave a content sigh. Her peace was broken by their waking up and squealing in hunger until they found her nipples and started to nurse greedily.

<style>
.AYAcait1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.AYAcait1 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.AYAcait1 b {color:#3e797e; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.AYAcait1 {background-color:#76a2af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AenW1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #252f41; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.AYAcait1 .inner {margin:95px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px; border:1px solid #eaede5; height:275px; overflow:auto;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

Liam
You are my love and my life, you are my inspiration.
Just you and me. Simple and free.
Baby your everything, I ever dreamed of.
Yea, yea.

The squealing of the pups roused the male from the brief nap he was taking. He had assumed the secui form for the comfort of his mate and pups, to be on their level. He heard the greedy suckles of the pups and almost drowsed off again, when he decided it was time for him to be near his mate and offspring. He lifted to his feet, shaking his fur out, then crossed the short distance to Ayasha's nest. The afterbirth had been cleared out, though the stench of birthing fluids and her pain still filled the room. Would for a few days yet.

He hesitated for a moment before settling for laying his neck across hers in a way that was both possessive and tender. "How ya feelin' Kiddo?" His eyes dropped to the two little ones who were nursing, an expression of awe on his face. His tongue darted out to lick her cheek tenderly, hoping to express his love, his gratitude and amazement that she had brought these little lives into their world.

His eyes fell to the pups again as he looked at them, studied them. They were part him and part her, and they made him feel tiny and vulnerable. They make him feel all powerful and weak at the same time, and he loved them. He loved these tiny lives that nursed from his mate. His ears fell back as he watched them nurse, feeling insignificant somehow.

Give me your own special smile, promise you'll never leave me.
Just you and me. Simple and free.
Life is so easy, when your beside me.
oh girl.

template by revo; modifications by Becca; lyrics by Chicago. <3

[/html]
She was a bit surprised at the form he had taken but Ayasha wouldn't do too much about it. Liam was napping yet she was an odd mix of being exhausted and yet really awake. She supposed it was because she was a bit afraid that something would happen to the pups if she fell asleep for too long. She was a very new mother and didn’t really know much about what she was doing. She was relying a lot on instinct and advice from Panda.

She looked up when he came over and put his neck across hers and he gave her cheek a kiss. She replied with a kiss to his nose. "I'm OK. A little sore still but hopefully that will get better soon." She then felt the need to apologize for kicking him out and nearly taking off a finger. "Liam, I'm sorry how I acted when they were born. I know I had promised you that you could stay but I went mostly on instinct. And I'm also sorry about Kai being there. I didn’t invite him." She buried her nose in his neck. "And I'm sorry about the stillborn." She instinctively knew that it might be better to not let him know the color of the stillborn, even if he would be glad about it.

But he looked at awe at them and since they were asleep she figured he might like to hold them again. "You can hold them if you want? You are the father and can hold them whenever you want, as long as they aren't feeding. They might get a bit cranky about that." But she glanced at his form. [b]"Though you might want to shift so you can actually hold them. She was amused for some reason and waited for him to speak or change, or both.
He glanced between her and the pups for a moment, then settled on resting his head and forepaws on the bed, his haunches resting on the ground. Her words caused him to glance at her, and amused smile on his face. "Don't worry about it too much, kiddo. You didn't hurt me. As for the still born..."

His gaze turned back to the two little ones, who were sleeping. "I've been told its common. Runts rarely survive. I know that. I suppose we're lucky it was gone before drawing a breath, rather than having to watch it linger." If it had been a black pup, he didn't know how he would have felt. There was no way a product of himself and Ayasha could be evil, but that dream he'd had, the dreams he always had about the evil wolves killing him from behind....what if?

She said he could hold them, if he shifted, and he glanced at her. "I... uh.... I think you're doing fine with them." He glanced at them again. "They're tiny" It was meant to be an offhanded comment, serving to distract her from convincing hi to hold them. Instead, the tone in which he said it revealed his insecurity about holding them, the common fears of all men when it comes to the newborn of their species. What if I drop it? What if it wakes up? What if it doesn't like me?
OOC: Ayasha is being a bit pushy Big Grin

IC: He gave her an amused look at her worry and she gave him a half-hearted glare for making light of her real worry and apology. But she accepted his words at her apology. She placed a fond kiss on his nose and settled back against the pillows of their bed. But she did tense a bit at what he was going to say about the stillborn, afraid that he was going to blame her for doing something wrong or consorting with shadow wolves or something equally awful.

But he seemed to accept it as part of life and wasn’t angry with her. But, although she relaxed, she still worried about his reaction at it being black. She knew that she needed to keep that a secret from him for a while yet until she was ready for whatever blame he would place on her and when she felt he was ready to handle it, which might be some time.

It was her turn to be amused at his obvious worry. "Liam, loverboy, you need to get used to holding them and they need to get used to you, your smell and what your voice sounds like, since you are their father." She considered what she could do to help him. "I'll be right here while you do it and as soon as you feel uncomfortable you can hand them back to me. And you don't have to hold them both at once. Now, which pup would like to hold first?" Her tone was a bit final but it was still soft and a bit pleading.