Thought i could fly. So why did i drown?
[html]
Word Count :: 368 Blah post. AW; those who don't know, Grace is helplessly sarcastic and stalking Nier a little (i joke... somewhat)

Change wasn't something new to the golden woman, nor the desire to strike out on her own and see how far she could go; she'd done it before, so long ago. But that was deep within the past, so much of her life she had spent within Anathema and it's maze of tunnels and caves that she found the very fact that she was considering leaving very... disconcerting. Seating herself cross-legged ocean filled eyes roamed over her room and it's small cluttered contents here and there, things she had acquired through her life and time in the cave dwelling pack thus far. This was her home, had been as such since it's founding and was she really considering the option of leaving it to pursue a foolish girls crush, on some guy likely oblivious to her slight interest in him because he saved her Turnip?

Rising from the bed she began packing her things, concluding the fact that she was thinking about leaving as proof enough that she had already decided what she wished to do; if things didn't work out she could always come running back with her tail between her legs and whimpering to Naniko. Quickly she gathered all of her belongings; dumping all pack records and such just inside the Angelo's room along with a note as to her reasons for leaving, the golden girl not confident enough to leave the message to the white queen in fear of changing her mind in regards to going if she encounter the Angela.

Then she left, with her few belongings strung over her shoulder and the rest attached to Mai, the paint mare lazily walking beside her. She had a rough idea of where she was going and as she walked the two pheasants ran out ahead and explored the changing landscape, darting in and out of the various foliage they encountered throughout their small journey.

Eventually the wolf, horse and pheasants made their way to their desired borders, the golden woman pulling the paint mare to a stop beside her, shuffling about on the spot as she swung her dreaded head each way, before taking a calming breath and calling for someone to come assist her.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
.KMTT_Grace p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Grace b {font-family:verdana; color:#530c01; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70492d 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Grace {background-color:#a45a29; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#1e1b19; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... grace2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:5px 0px 256px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Grace .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Grace .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5b1801; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
nyhah! miiiine!

This morning had dawned overcast and Saul had taken his usual morning routine with less than his usual vigor. Thoughts swirled unhelpfully around his mind- his worry for Lilin warring over everything else. He'd been informed by his cousin that Lilin had been to the borders the other day and it had infuriated the male. He hadn't specifically told her to stay at home, nor would she have listened if he'd asked her to. But he'd thought perhaps she would understand that her safety was greater than any matters at the border, but he had been grateful that Bran had accompanied her none the less. He'd woken this morning, making his mind that he would be going to see her tonight. Their confessions hadn't exactly been resolved and he knew their relationship would come to some kind of definition soon enough.

The afternoon was just beginning and Saul had been spending some time sorting through the supplies in his house. He knew it was important to renew his supplies often, and it reminded him that he would soon have to look for a more natural bandage material. The gauze pads and strips were running low and he knew that soon enough, there would be none left to scavange anyway. It was a daunting prospect but the young male was determined to find something that would work equally as well. Sitting on his doorstep, green eyes gazing off into the distance, it took him a good few moments to realise that a howl had sounded.

He rose with a start, determined to get to the border before Lilin. With an almost mischevious grin, he started to move towards the borders, two legs moving fast to cover the ground. It took him only a few moments to reach the borders and he came to a slowing stop when he recognised the figure at their borders. "Grace? What brings you here?" He asked, a friendly smile on his face. He liked Grace- she was a little sarcastic but he liked the sass she bought. Green eyes roamed over her little entourage, wondering what she was doing here.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
345+

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 311 xD

Quickly her call was answered and at the approaching form of an familiar male a welcoming smile spread across her lips, a hand raised and wove idly as the other approached before returning to her mare's reigns, cautious of the horse and praying the mare didn't decide to play up and kick her hopefully new Alpha in the face, as interesting as that would be to watch. “Saul, it seems you have a habit of being oblivious to obvious things” she responded to his question, reflecting their past encounter where he'd overlooked her initially. Placing a left hand on her hip she shrugged her shoulders slightly in an attempt to convey she wasn't serious and meant no harm, not that such words or truth would be spoken aloud. Inclining her head a fraction she paused considering her next words carefully, for there would be no taking them back once spoken. “I guess i'm looking to join your pack. I mean, Anathema has many talent scholars and history keepers, they will live on without me perfectly fine” her smile wavered for a moment at the mention at her own home.

Within her mind she understood it would be beneficial to leave and strike out on her own, to expand upon her skills and promote good will with the new pack and her old, but she'd only been gone a short time and she missed them, to the point she almost wanted to turn into a whimpering mess in front of Saul, only her pride keeping her from doing as such. “I know i'm not... the most ideal canine out there. But you know me, I can offer my skills with books, language and knowledge. All I ask is that you let me have a home here and this pack, your pack, do not harm that which was previously my home and family”

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
.KMTT_Grace b {font-family:verdana; color:#530c01; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70492d 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Grace {background-color:#a45a29; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#1e1b19; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... grace2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:5px 0px 256px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Grace .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5b1801; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
<33

A golden hand was raised in greeting as he approached and Saul allowed a little grin in return. He had come to the conclusion that he actually quite liked Grace, despite her sarcasm, and he felt a certain joy to find her at the borders. Even if she was here for official business, he would welcome her regardless. The soft sway of his tail slowed once as she quickly replaced the golden hand on the reigns of the horse, an almost worried glance given to the equine before she turned back. His words were met with her own jibe and Saul chuckled softly, his own shrug given in return to the casual lift of hers. "Yeah, I guess I do." He agreed, although he wanted to mention that he seemed only oblivious to her- he was usually on the ball with most situations, and Lilin's recently attack as well as the threat from the Dawnrunners had him watching the borders intensely.

The pause in her words gave him leave to look over her properly- she looked well although there seemed to be a slight reluctance in her. Of course, her next words were a shock and green eyes found blue as she explained. His meeting with her in the mountains had ended in an interest in Saul's idea to build a library, but nothing beyond that. Yet here she was, professing a complete lifestyle change. He nodded softly, running a hand through his hair once before her words came again. It seemed to cover all of his questions and Saul allowed a rueful smile to cross his lips. She made it all so easy to accept, even her request to leave her old pack alone. He snorted softly, his tail still swinging back and forth. "We have no intention of causing tension with any packs... but we will certainly try to keep Anathema in our good books." He chuckled softly, although a serious note shone in his eyes. He didn't have any desire to interact negatively with another pack and her request allowed him to voice this.

"I guess there isn't much left for me to do but welcome you into Vinátta..." He offered, a cheeky grin on his lips as he turned. She would need to follow him to Jordheim so he could give her the welcome pack that he'd given everyone else that had been accepted into their ranks. "You coming in?" He question, glancing back over his shoulder to see if she was following him or not.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
420+

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 404 <33

She laughed lightly as the male responded to her little jab at him in an equally joking manner, clearly not taking offence at her words where others may have. Tightening the grip upon Mai's reigns she waited for his response to the rest of what she had said, knowing that what she had asked was nothing more then selfish but at the same time something she required, something that she needed to hear so that she could rest more easy with the choice to leave the cave dwelling pack behind her. For her who had remained in a state of no change for so long, the sudden change was overwhelming and throwing her typically confident self off balance more then she would like to admit. As Saul went to respond everything within her went perfectly still, the two pheasants following her suit and staring up to the two wolves with beady eyes filled with curiosity of some kind.

Yet it appeared she was all worked up for nothing and the male's reassurances that her pack was safe meant more to her then anything. “Thank you, I know it was selfish of me to ask, but they are my family and although you have shown me nothing but good will I had to ask. And considering you're letting me in, they'd be my good books, no?” she flicked her dreads over her shoulder, bending down to pick up the bags which she was carrying, “Since just so you know, I'm a control freak when it comes to books, my books; no one is to mess with my books. But honestly, I appreciate. Anathema, they.. they mean a lot to me” she fixed her eyes down at the ground for a moment before clearing her mind and looking up confidently, more comfortable with her choice to leave now.

“So how's the library you spoke of coming along and what can I do to help?” steeping forward she answered the male's question by simply following him, leading both horse and pheasants along with her. “Oh, and where can I leave Mai here? She's.. temperamental and i'd hate to see someone get kicked by her” pausing her lip twitched in silent humour, “Okay, i'd find it hilarious depending on the resulting injuries, but that's just me. So have you guys got a stables or an animal pen or something together or would I have to build her one?”

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<33

Her lighthearted laugh was refreshing and Saul felt a corresponding grin slick across his lips. He was grateful that jibes like these were taken with such a response and he thought perhaps it might become a precedent for his future relationship with Grace. She would challenge him, he knew that already. But he also welcomed this challenge, because they would both benefit from a relationship that wasn't so heavy and dragging. Her body seemed to tense slightly as her questions was asked, breathing out a breath of relief when he professed Vinátta's neutrality on other packs. They had no interest in messing with other packs unless it was to set up trade and ally routes. He supposed having Grace here would mean that their chances of getting off in good stead with Anathema were increased. Her words caused him to look up from his thoughts, a serene smile on his face. "I understand Grace, you are not selfish." He said simply, perhaps able to pay the female a compliment while she was distracted and therefore unable to quip back at him.

Her warning was met with a soft snort and the nod of his head. He also understood this part of her personality- his own possessions were organised and neat, topped up regularly. If others had messed up his things, he would have been mad. "No-one here is likely to treat you or your possessions with anything but respect. If you do find any different, I will be more than happy to deal with it." He offered. In truth, he and Lilin had no discussed their opinions of disciplining pack members, but he was certain he could come up with something should the situation arise. Her next question caused him to shake his head softly, before he spoke. "We're were small, but there are a few more of us now and we wanted to build a village hall not far from Jordheim. Once that's done, we'll be looking to build a library. You're help will be much appreciated- I'll have to let you know when we've sorted something out!" He chuckled, his tail swinging softly as the pair moved towards Jordheim.

She asked another question and Saul suppressed a smile- she reminded him a bit of Ara, who had a problem with the sheer amount of words coming from her mouth. Of course, Grace's questions were valid and he answered preliminarily with a nod. "We found some stables nearer the lake that she can go in. There are three other horses there, hopefully she's alright with them. As for others, half of Vinátta are wary of horses so I don't think injury will be a problem." He offered, though he couldn't keep a laugh escaping at her exclamation at finding her horse injuring another funny. The images were funny, although Saul knew he would probably have to fix up anyone who got too close to Mai. Their conversation had taken them to Jordheim and Saul motioned for Grace to wait where she was, disappearing inside his house to grab a bundle in his arms. He exited once more before holding the package out for her.

"Welcome to Vinátta, Grace. This is a welcome pack to help you out." He said, mentally going through what was in there. A pair of rabbit furs and a larger lynx pelt nestled in the larger deer skin that held the package together. A hunting knife and a dagger lay side by side, next to a small bottle of wine and the Frithr necklace that symbolised a lot in Vinátta. He paused, before glancing around. "Any of these houses are yours to claim- just make sure no-one else is living there first!" He chuckled, his mind giving him images of Grace moving in to Miskunn house- the Godja would have been most perturbed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
639+

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 371 <33 Assuming Saul just laughs and shakes his head, not giving up where Nier lives :')

A slow, mischievous grin spread across her lips “No worries there Saul. I'm a big girl, i'm sure I can show others how to respect my... possessions if they don't already know how to” as the words rolled off her tongue, her lips twitched with humour which was quickly followed by a short string of laughter. Trailing just behind the other she felt like a lost pup following an adult, ocean eyes flicking this way and that taking in the sights and trying to mesmerise as much as she could as to learn her way around as quickly as possible, although a small part of her continued to actively listen to Saul as he answered her bombardment of questions and explained more about the pack that was now hers to call her own, she supposed.

“Sounds like a plan. So until the library is constructed where have you been keeping the packs books and knowledge or have you yet to start collecting such? I have some connections I can trade goods for knowledge with to add to our collection if need be, I'd have to see what you have first and determine if there’s anything needed worth trading for” she began to off an a tangent and as soon as she realised this she clicked her jaw shut and opted to continue listening to the other and following him, stopping outside what could only be described as the most unusual house she had come across in her life and that was from someone who lived in Anathema. Cocking her head to the side she hummed in thought, black lips pursing as she began to strip apart the building and figure out as to how it was supported and the construction of such a building, although crafting was by far not her strong point.

It wasn't long until the male exited again, passing over a bundle of which she quickly pulled a part a noised through before responding “Thank you. So... where does Niernan live?” she asked completely serious, a toothy predator grin spreading across her face; she wouldn't deny that the male had caught her attention and she was sure to make her attention known to him as quickly as possible.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
[/html]