{J} On This Dusty Road I Travel
[html]
"Well Dust, this is it..." Kenna sighed softly to her hoofed companion as he carried her at a lazy walk towards the borders of Cercatori D'Arte. Nervousness twisted deep in the collie woman's stomach as she once again reaffirmed what she was about to do. She came to the pack's boundary for the first time since her arrival to the lands in hopes to join its ranks after having taken a great fancy to it from what little she had gleaned as a loner in her own and through others observations of the inhabitants and their way of life. With a subtle backwards tug on the leather and handwoven rope halter that crossed over her mount's muzzle she brought the Buckskin stallion to a halt and dismounted from his bare back, her large footpaws crunching softly on the leafy ground. Before her spanned a lush green forested territory she had never crossed into before and hoped to soon call her home. A massive tree, decorated in a multitude of brilliant, colorful artistic murals, words and artifacts towered high above her head as she took a moment to collect herself in preparation to summon for the alpha of the pack she stood just outside of. She kept a steady paw on Dust's shoulder as he stood patiently at her side while she gazed thoughtfully out at the forest that blocked her view of the rest of the claimed lands. Only time would tell if she'd actually get to see what lay beyond the foliage. With his ears pricked alertly forward into the pack lands Dust nickered softly and bumped his nose encouragingly against his young caretaker. Kenna frowned slightly to herself patting against Dust absently. Blue eyes closed for a moment as a small anxious shiver passed along her spine causing the thick fur there 'neath her plaid shirt to stand on end briefly from the sensation. "You en't got no reason to be afraid girl...you can do this. It en't like you've got anything to hide..." She thought reassuringly to herself her eyes opening once more and gazing determinedly at the words clearly engraved in the border tree's trunk. 'Cercatori D'Arte'

A soft smile flitted across her features then as she found some sort of comfort in those words. This pack was a place of flourishing artists, seasoned tradesmen, and most importantly a group of Luperci that were rumored to possibly be the most accepting and tolerant of all the canines that roamed the lands. All of this spoke promise to Kenna and she felt her fears begin fade and her smile grow. Certainly her skills could be of use here and maybe she'd actually find a place to call her own and make a life for herself. She had enjoyed her time as a loner, but now it was time for a new chapter to begin. Ready to face what was to come now, the collie-wolf hybrid nodded silently to the horse next to her and while keeping a firm grip on his halter (in case her sudden cry startled him) she tilted her maw skyward and let out a howl, asking to seek an audience with the leader of the creative pack. As her voice echoed away into the trees, Kenna took time to make sure she looked at least somewhat presentable. She was a little dusty and perhaps a bit disheveled from her journey, but otherwise with a shaking out of her pelt, she was ready to be seen at last. Adjusting her Stetson hat the woman waited in patient stillness, just barely leaning against the side of her horse, tail swaying every so slightly with contained excitement and eyes bright and alert as she waited to be greeted. "This is it... The words rang firmly in her mind and her tail wagged to and fro a little in response...
[/html]
[html]
welcome!

The female heard the call from a distance and began to amble her way to where the musical sound had came, wondering who had arrived at the borders, and for what reason. Her pack was flourishing once more, proving that nothing and no one could push the trading gypsy pack down and keep it there for long. Upbeat and happy once more, Skye pushed through the thick foliage to where the newcomer was and quickly absorbed the loner at her borders.

She was a dog, there was no doubt of that - multicolored between dark browns and light creams, with a noticeable dark patch over her eyes and going down her head (and plenty of jewelry, which Skye subtly approved of), Skye had never seen someone quite like her. She was not alone, either - she had a light bay horse with dark markings on its hooves and mane and tail.

"Welcome to the borders of Cercatori d'Arte," Skye said jovially. "I am Skye Collins, leader of this pack - who might you be?"

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
At about the exact same time, both Dust's and Kenna's ears swiveled and pricked at the sound of softly approaching pawsteps over the ground. Standing less casually upright and more respectfully as the light pelted woman stepped from the trees, Kenna averted her eyes and her ears splayed and lay back against her head in a lightly submissive gesture. After a second when she realized it, Kenna swiftly removed her hat as well and dipped her head in acknowledgement of the wolfess' presence, embarrassment slightly burning at her cheeks. Dust regarded the scene with intelligent deep brown eyes but made no sound nor movement beside his companion. "Welcome to the borders of Cercatori d'Arte!" Once addressed Kenna raised her gaze (though not looking directly into the Alphess' eyes), a soft smile rising upon her maw. "I am Skye Collins, leader of this pack - who might you be?" Keeping her posture as neutral as possible Kenna already felt less nervous as the woman's own relaxed, joyful attitude became apparent. Inclining her head, her tail giving one small amiable wag, the western gal replied. "Kenna Foxleigh Ma'am. It is a pleasure to meet you." She side glanced at Dust as he gave a soft snort as if saying 'Don't forget me!' and smirked lightly. "And this'd be my boy Dust." She lightly stroked his muzzle much to the Stallion's joy. "Kickin' Up Dust is his full name." She chuckled softly before turning her focus back to the woman in front of her. "I hope I'm not disturbin' ya or anything..." She paused a moment, feeling a small pang of guilt pass through her if she had disrupted Skye's surely busy day in any way. But never the less she continued.

"I've been a loner for a while now, traveling a heck of a lot. And I stumbled across your pack y'see..." She paused again, her ear flickering. "It looks like a really nice place...A place I feel like I might belong..." She gave a hesitant smile. "I was wonderin' if...if ya might consider my joining your ranks miss Skye. I'd mighty appreciate it. I have some skills to offer if ya need?" She offered then fell quiet, feeling a bit self conscious that maybe she was talking too much. Kenna's fingers idley fondled a hole beginning in the brim of her stetson, (she had been meaning to patch it) but she remained calm and waited for Skye's reply.
[/html]
[html]

She smiled as the woman showed respect by bowing her head, not fully meeting the alpha's eyes - a rare sight now, as some canines were more arrogant than others, and she always appreciated the extra respect given. So Kenna was this woman's name - and Dust the horse's. She relaxed, allowing Kenna to do the same; she enjoyed respect, but did not overly demand it.

Kenna continued in her southern drawl, ultimately asking to join the pack. Skye considered for a moment - when she was younger, less experienced, she would never have hesitated, but now she knew more, had seen more. Even a puppy could be, eventually, a danger to the pack, and this she had learned the hard way; Kenna, however, seemed an honest and kindred spirit, someone who had walked the walk of life and had become a respectable person.

"We are always welcome to another member of the family, Kenna," Skye said warmly. "What is it you can offer to us?"

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
For all her own self-conscious worrying, it seemed Skye didn't see anything that should be worth Kenna worrying over. She merely continued to smile and remain relaxed. This made the collie girl feel loads better. Already she felt a sort of connection, a respect for the alphess. She seemed different than most leaders. Even back in her own birth pack, the alphas had been far less...amiable. When dealing with serious matters such as potential joiners at the borders, they were far more strict and distrusting. Although Kenna had no problem with Skye being so willing to accept her (why would she anyways?) she was admittedly a little surprised how smoothly the process seemed to be going. Reflecting the pale woman's own smile upon her muzzle, Kenna's heart leaped as the word 'family' was spoken. Ah yes, Cercatori D'Arte just kept sounding better and better, definitely her kind of pack. Tail wagging with the barest of control behind her, the hybrid woman's blue eyes brightened when asked what she could provide to the pack.

Chuckling softly she casually lifted a paw to tick off some of her stronger skills on her fingers with a contemplative expression on her face. "Well, I've got a good way with animals. I've raised and cared for 'em nearly my whole life. I can train 'em too. Dust's a pretty good example of my work..." She grinned at the stallion who simply flicked his ears back and forth in response. "Mm, le'see...I'm also a fair trader when livestock is concerned. I've done business back in my home lands with travelers and within the pack itself." She paused, two fingers held up loosely. "I also got experience out in the wilds on trails watchin' over the animals and I have some basic healer's knowledge regarding herbs and poultices and such." She nodded then bending her three fingers inward towards her palm again before dropping her paw back to rest on Dust's neck. "And if nothin' else, I'm open minded and willing to learn." She dipped her muzzle again in conclusion. Feeling rather confident now Kenna once more fell quiet to hear the other wolfess' response.
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!  You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family!  Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads!  You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun.  Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[/html]