Soldier's Creed
OCC: Time for Aylu to meet a few warriors and make friends. No posting order

He had finally found a place to sit and eat. He had gotten his hands on a nice piece of deer meat and had taken it outside of the great hall to eat and mill over what he was going to do. He was almost done with his piece of meat when Cilantro swooped down and landed on his shoulder. "Its nice to see you old friend. I am surprised you found me among all these wolves. Here my friend," he said holding up a small piece of meat for the bird to eat.

He wondered about the warriors of this pack. How they taught their young how to fight and protect others. He wanted to learn and make friends and trade some of his things he had made. He had let Russell run off with all the other horses, hoping that the male didn't procreate with one of Casa's females. He howled for the company of a warrior, someone to share stories and tactics with. He hoped someone would come. He had things a warrior might want. He had knowledge on things that a warrior might want to know. He took a swig of his tea he had made before coming and hoped for the best.
[html]

Maybe you can teach Coeus to be a little less of a failure with a weapon, he certainly needs a few pointers.

Word Count → 360

Coeus wandered through the procession, glancing at some and smiling at others. Nobody seemed to harboring any bad feelings for each other which allowed him to relax. He surprised himself by how well he was coping. Though, he always had his escape, as he glanced towards the stables. A howl had alerted him, though it seemed that they wanted more of a warrior than a reader. Pausing in place, he wondered if he would even be remotely considered a warrior. Thinking back he knew how to fight with his teeth and had survived quite a few wild encounters by himself. Oh, and the books, he had read several well regarded books on tactics especially since he had come to live in Casa. Smiling and nodding to himself, he agreed that he was a warrior, though probably not in terms of blades.

Not wasting any more time, he strode forward to meet the wolf that had howled. As he came close enough to see, the wolf did have the look of a warrior and scars to show for it, but he had an air of peace that made Coeus feel more confident. To add to his confidence, he had smelled horse on him which further convinced him that the wolf was a good sort. He hoped that he wouldn't be a disappointment to what he had been looking for in conversation. "Hello, my name is Coeus," he greeted in his warm voice though he tread tentatively. "I heard your call and was eager to talk with someone of a different pack from myself. It wasn't too long ago that I was knew here and hardly thought there was even one pack. Now I've come to know that there are quite a few around here. I'm glad that we are allies."

Coeus spoke truthfully, knowing that an honest wolf got further than a deceiving one. However, he hoped that he hadn't come off too clueless to the older wolf. It wouldn't be the first time, even though he read more than he ought to, he was never one to trust his tongue.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]