a little bit of earth
[html]

WC :: 811 :: Northern part of New Dawn, the woodlands close to the little lake on the map. Drin is still in optime. Bruises are now yellow where they remain. Sea green right eye is flecked with blood, and left gold eye flecked with sea green, is now blood free. All bandages are gone except for the ones wrapped tightly around her ribs.

Palaydrian had slipped away from the den in the early morning, leaving Jiva with a sweet kiss on the side of his sleeping cheek. The young woman had also left him a message with the words and letters he had taught her to write. Written on a scrap of parchment her words read, “Don’t worry, went to my secret spot. I’ll be back later. Yours.” The golden angel had gotten up just as the sun was rising, a nightmare had kept sleep at bay earlier and she had been staring at the den roof for hours. Once the pale fingers of sunlight began creeping into the communal cave, she had gotten up, grabbed her deerskin bag, and made her way into the bird song woods hugging her home. She needed to get away for a little bit. Being in such close proximity to Jiva and being in heat was becoming difficult again. She wanted him every waking second, but struggled to keep her self control and today she just wanted to relax instead of worrying whether or not she’d be coming on to him or asking him too much.

Drin’s movements were swift and almost silent through the woodlands. Being forced to stay in her two legged form was proving to be not as bad as she thought it would be. She was growing more accustomed to using this form, and she was able to adapt her normal lupine graces into her Optime. The woman was growing stronger from the attack, evident from the gradual growth of muscles underneath her fur, and the raw power she felt in her arms and legs. Drin was moving on from the horror of her day underneath Aram, regaining the confidence she had lost when his knife entered her skin. The small nicks and cuts he’d left behind were all but pink lines on her arms and legs now. The abomination he’d left on her inner thigh was finally un-poulticed and able to gasp in fresh air, but Drin kept her eyes away from the ugly mark, a deep red of mangled skin, but her nightly application of aloe was helping it heal. The bite marks on the subord’s neck had turned a dark purple hue, but they were healing and un-bandaged as well.

The girl’s long strides brought her to her destination by late morning. This was her little secret within New Dawn, a garden she had been tending and building ever since she had been accepted into the ranks. She grew roses, wildflowers, butterfly bushes, herbs she had found, and berry bushes and tree saplings she had come upon on her travels. Each bit of earth was carried carefully in her deerskin bag and much like a pup, nurtured through the transplant shock of new soil until they thrived on their own. A few of her saplings had twine tied to sturdy sticks Drin had poked in the ground so the plant would grow upward instead of droop down. 5 in total had this extra bit of help, but she realized with a smile that one more week of this and they’d no longer need their training wheels.

Here the girl felt alive and vibrant. Surrounded by her multitude of flowers and the passing hummingbirds and butterflies that had been attracted by the sweet smells. She had put a lot of work into the place, and had found a few random human items that had aided in digging, measuring out plots, and building a ragtag fence made of different types of trees around the perimeter of her garden. She built it to keep out the rabbits and other critters from eating her herbs, and had used a bale of strange wire she had found in one of the dilapidated buildings to reinforce the fence bottom. The garden as truly coming along, the windchime Jiva had given her, hung on a branch of one of the trees sitting at the perimeter of her secret spot and she had collected river rocks to create pathways and order within. She wouldn’t be hefting around any large things anytime soon, but the girl had wanted to get away for a little bit and see that her plants were getting enough water.

Using a large bowl she had found, Drin carried water to and from the nearby stream and was walking up and down the rows of herbs, watering as she went. She made 12 trips in total as morning greeted afternoon and eventually sat back on a moss covered boulder overlooking her garden, leather bag full of small clippings from her various herbs. Drin absentmindedly chewed on a few mints leaves as she listened to her windchime jangle in the breeze. Though a few days ago her body had been riddled with cuts and bruises, Palay felt very happy to be alive.

Credit goes to Haley for such a pretty table! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinbird b {font-weight:bold; color:#d74a65; letter-spacing:1px; }
.drinbird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.drinbird p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.drinbird {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfbfc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ty8C5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 440px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ed6262; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +916

Things had taken a dramatic shift for the small silver wolf. Her previous heat cycle had stirred up some emotions she'd never had before. In the field with Tharin she'd come so close to letting the heat scent take hold of her and if it wasn't for him, they would have made a big mistake. Those happenings had her feeling something for him but once the heat had faded, she found herself right back where she had started. Lost. As she slept in the pack den her dreams said it all. She pictured herself with a mate, a large wolf with a face she couldn't pin. They had made a family. Their puppies tussled and tumbled around with each other as the two wolves in love sat in their own den. Fayne's slender form rested underneath the mysterious wolf, his head rested on top of hers as she watched her children play. He cooed softly to her telling her how much he loved her and how he'd always be there and she cooed back.

The dream continued, her small silver form fidgeted as she slept. Happy whines and yelps passed the barrier from dream to reality while her head tossed as if she was rubbing up against the her mystery mate. Her tail swayed even though she was sleeping, it was as if she was in the dream and the warm bodied male was actually beside her. As morning came around, the light slowly began to seep into the den gently caressing her face with it's comforting warmth. The sound of shuffling combined with the light against her closed eyes was enough to awake her. She opened one sleepy eye to see Palaydrian preparing to leave. She placed a kiss on his cheek before getting up to leave. Fayne couldn't help but smile. The happy feelings her dream left her with, mingled even after she awoke. But, she realized it was only a dream and soon pushed the wonderful thoughts aside.

She stretched on the mossy floor, back and neck arching as she yawned. Sleepy eyes blinked trying to adjust to the bright morning light that trickled into the mouth of the cave. Once adjusted and stretches completed she padded outside looking around for Palaydrian. She was nowhere in site. Perfect. Now was the perfect time to find her and talk to her about both of their past occurrences. It would be good for the both of them. That, and she was more than curious about who had attacked her family member. It angered her thinking it could have been Amy and her soul would be eased knowing who it had been for sure. Fayne raised her head to pin point the Siamese wolf's scent before she padded off after her. It was a long journey, she took her time reaching the unknown destination. Her wound was still healing. It'd taken longer than she'd expected with her constant need to run while her heat was here. So now she was giving it time to heal fully taking slow and steady strides through New Dawn. It took her quite a while to get where she was going but she didn't mind one bit. Her home was lovely and going so slow lent her the chance to take in views she hadn't seen before. There was always something new when she traveled over the land.

The scent eventually lead her into the forests surrounding New Dawn. She knew she was somewhere near Deer Lake. She continued to jog along hoping she'd come to her destination soon. Why had Palaydrian come all the way out here? A sweet aroma filled the air around her, very similar to the meadow and this brought a smile on her face. A butterfly flitted by on it's own journey stopping to hover around her face. She snapped playfully at it before continuing along. The forest was full of life, birds chirped all around. The trees were filled with song. The tattered female wolf soon came into view along with the beautiful garden she had grown. She was walking along several lines of plants pouring water onto them. The curious silver female tilted her head wondering what Palaydrian was doing exactly, but a bright smile shone on her face at the lovely sight. There were butterflies and hummingbirds flying around busily collected nectar from the variety of flowers. Fayne took a few moments to simply stand there and look over it all before approaching her pack sister.

This place is beautiful. It reminds me of my...the meadow where I spend so much time. A lot of the flowers smell the same, it's such a lovely place She often forgot that Sunrise Meadow didn't belong to her, it belonged to all of New Dawn but she couldn't help but feel close to the place. Was is it though? Did you do all of this yourself? Gleaming emerald eyes wondered over each aspect of the garden including the small trees that were held up with sticks tied to them. It wasn't a natural occurrence. She continued to walk around the lovely place crossing the tree border the wolf had made. She noted the man made items that lay around her bed of flowers and herbs. A curious nose came down to sniff each one before she reached the wolf with her tail swaying excitedly behind her.

<style type="text/css">
.fayneflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#eedaca; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cb6095; }
.fayneflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.fayneflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b5bde2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MxGXB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6e1da; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb6095; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.fayneflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.fayneflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
table by Nat - textures courtesy of 3-sisters-stock

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 825 ::

With a little more water left in her bowl, Palaydrian rose off the moss covered boulder and continued her watering humming a tune under her mint scented breath as she went along the rows. The windchime jangled gaily and with a change in the wind, the pleasant tinkling brought a familiar scent with it. A smile began to play over the golden fae’s features as her ears picked up on her pack sister’s approach. She finished watering her proud standing sunflowers just as she turned to watch Fayne admire the garden. She was the first pack member to see Drin’s secret spot, though she had described it a few times to Jiva, she had yet to show the red male all of her hard work. Placing the bowl on the ground, Drin moved back to her previous seat and watched with amusement as the silver fae made her way around her little Eden within New Dawn.

Thank you, she said with a friendly laugh, knowing which meadow Fayne spoke of. Drin had found herself wondering that way a few times when she was in search of different flowers to cross pollinate. She didn’t have the natural way of knowing which her great grandmother possessed when it came to horticulture, but sometimes she dreamt of which pairings would go right together, and then she’d find herself creating the combo the very next day. So far, the bees her garden had attracted were doing just as she wanted them too, creating hybrid versions of flowers and allowing the garden to flourish. It was also apparent in the different types of birds that were beginning to come around more often with the influx of butterflies as well.

She liked to think she was giving back to the earth as a few of her groupings of flowers grew in great big rubber circles she had found laying in the creek. These circles of course were large tractor tires that she had rolled through the woods and to her secret spot, but to her, the circles were simply manmade things. They proved to make excellent garden boxes and with one of Jiva’s knives, Drin had hammered holes throughout the tires for proper irrigation and so she could manage any unruly root growth. She had also used a few old boots she had found in the woods as a means to grow plants in. Originally she had used the odd things to carry and transport plants, but after a bad a thunderstorm, Drin had left a few of her transplants unplanted in the boot soil for a few days and came to realize with surprise that the plants were fully growing within their new homes. She had 5 of these in total, and was pleased to find them still thriving.

This is called a garden, Drin responded with a smile. With the help of earth, water, and sun I did, she said gesturing to their surroundings. My great grandmother taught me about gardening when I was a pup back in my homelands. I didn’t realize how much of an impact those little lessons had on me until I came here, she explained, closing her eyes as she thought back to that day. I believe it was my second or third day within New Dawn, when I came upon this part of the woods and something...maybe instinct, told me to start my own garden and to just start clearing away the wreckage, her ocean eyes opened as she slid off the rock to walk towards what appeared to be a large mound of soil. You see, she started as she knelt down and began to dig with her hands, this area was littered with human refuse, and I wasn’t able to use it all, but I turned the ugly into something beautiful in time. She stopped digging when her hands touched something solid.

I’m not sure what these things are, but plants can’t grow through them so I ended up digging a large hole and put them all in here, Drin explained revealing the smooth metal tubes of human rifles and a few badly bent metal helmets. I also found a few bones nearby, but I laid those to rest in one of those black circles, she said gesturing towards one of the flower-bearing tractor tires. Full skeletons weren’t intact, but judging on the size of some of the worn bones she had found, Drin had guessed they weren’t animal and felt it only right to bury the ancient things in the earth. So, what brings you to this neck of the woods? The subord asked, her pleasant smile returning, hoping that her garden wasn’t in some violation of pack rules as she had come to understand recently that Fayne, though her pack sister, outranked her.

<style type="text/css">
.drinbird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.drinbird {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfbfc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ty8C5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 440px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ed6262; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +632

The sound of the wind chime caught the silver wolf's attention, her head whipped in that direction startled by the magical sound. She tilted her head, gazing up at it with curiosity filled eyes. That was a human thing as well, but it was still so beautiful. The sound wasn't familiar to anything she'd heard before, it was it's own unique sound and she was mesmerized by it. She was torn back into reality when Palaydrian thanked her. She turned back and nodded with a smile on her face before circling the garden again taking time to view each of the plants. Every aspect to the garden was carefully prepared by the she-wolf's hand and even someone such as Fayne could appreciate it. Her tender loving care brought beautiful results from the garden. It made her wonder what things she could do with her optime hands if she gave them a chance. Though she was a klutz in that form with long slender arms and legs which she wasn't quite sure how to use yet.

Fayne circled around and came to sit next to her pack sister, her eyes still pinned to the array of flowers, herbs, and trees she had brought to life. The word 'garden' rang a bell. Noah had told her of such things when he'd first met her. Although, she'd thought they may have been human weapons or some other horrible man-made creation. But no, this was not horrible in the least. Her tail picked up behind her at the thought of the silver heathen, she continued to listen to Palaydrian glancing up at her every now and then. The she-wolf's gaze narrowed as Playadrian started to dig, her nose wriggled curiously as she uncovered something. Those were definitely human somethings. They no longer bared a scent except for the subtle scent of gun powder. It wasn't pleasant. Her ears flicked back continuing to look over the items she uncovered. The remnants of past human battles, their guns, their equipment.

Eyes shifted to where she buried the human bones. It's strange to think that humans are gone, but yet they're still here. All of their remains are somewhere in this earth and their cities and their things. She couldn't help but smile though. Not everything that was human was horrid. This garden held proof of that. I guess they weren't all bad. If Palaydrian let her, maybe she could come and work in this garden sometimes. It would give her a chance to learn how to use her hands a bit better and she could spend time with another female.

The reason she came was to talk to Palaydrian about the attack, but what if she wasn't ready? Fayne glanced at her multitude of wounds and bruises that were still healing. She seemed to be getting better physically but mentally, she could still be wreck. I wanted to check on you again, to see if you're okay. You seem to be doing well. Her eyes shifted to the flowers again, hoping she didn't strike a bad note. How are you holding up? I know after I was attacked I had nightmares and could barely sleep which only led to a long recovery. That was because I chose not to talk about it. Once I talked to Tharin everything started getting better. It was true. In order to build herself back up, she had to break down completely. Fayne looked over to the wolf with unsure eyes. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. Her tail was still, hoping she didn't disrupt the good mood Palaydrian appeared to have been in.

<style type="text/css">
.fayneflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#eedaca; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cb6095; }
.fayneflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b5bde2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MxGXB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6e1da; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb6095; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 811:: Breaking up her story in more than one post so it’s not a wall of text/it would be more natural with breaks of conversation for Fayne to ask questions etc.! Tongue

Palaydrian watched with knowing pleasure as Fayne’s attention was caught by the wind chime, much like her own was, the day she had discovered it with Jiva and the red man had told her what it was. The jangling noise had captured her thoughts almost immediately and occupied her mind until she found the source of what the beautiful noise was. That’s called a wind chime, Drin explained, nodding towards the metal thing hanging down from the tree. She’d like to make replicas of it if possible, and there were plenty of metal things to found in the old human ruins, but it was string that was hard to find. Fayne was right, not all of them were bad. She nodded at the silver woman’s thinking. A lot of the stuff left behind had been incorporated into her own garden, making the memory of the human race a little more beautiful than what it may have been. Of course they could only speculate at what some of the things found were used for, or even how the beings had ruined their reign on earth.

The childlike fascination on the silver fae’s face and her mounting curiosity must have been akin to how Palaydrian had been with leatherworking, writing, and everything human she had encountered so far. The Siamese coated femme liked this quality about Fayne. Though she felt her pack sister much prefered their feral lifestyle in New Dawn, it was clear she wasn’t completely opposed to a few of the humanized ways the Luperci could adopt in their Optime forms. The subord made a mental note to ask her sister if she’d like to join her in gardening some day. It wouldn’t hurt to allow her pack mates knowledge of her garden, in fact, Jiva, Deuce, and really anyone who was interested in healing could probably utilize the herbs she grew. Why not pass along the knowledge she had to better her brothers and sisters? Of course first she’d have to run in by her leaders, but hopefully they would see the garden as something natural...something the pack as a whole could benefit from.

I find it sad and somewhat haunting that their things remain and yet they’re missing from our world now, she mused, looking wistful for a second with her thoughts before fixing her gaze back on her sister and dusting the dirt of her hands. Oh? She replied, not really a question...she had felt this time would come. The lithe yet athletically built girl moved back towards the moss covered boulder and sat atop it, patting the wide top of it with her to indicate Fayne could join her up top if she wished. Yes...I am feeling better, holding up well so far, and feeling stronger each day. And I think you’re right Fayne, she nodded. Tharin is a great listener, and I have no doubt in my mind that you share the same quality as our brother, Drin said with a smile.

Her eyes closed for a few seconds while she drew in a steadying breath. I’m ready, she blew out as she opened her eyes, I need to tell someone what happened, and I’m happy for it to be you. The fae wasn’t sure how to begin, but she figured she’d just start from the beginning of that day and go from there.

I was a few hours out of New Dawn in the surrounding territories, picking berries and eventually washing off in the river that runs through there when I saw something silver flash out of the corner of my eye. I recognized it right away, a knife, in this case multiple knives...but I had been so distracted by my find that I hadn’t realized I had stumbled into the sociopath’s camp, she shook her head, feeling so stupid for her mistake that day. You see I was so excited to have found these tools as the berries were for Jiva as well, but these...these beautiful things easily topped my surprise and would make leatherworking immensely easier. I had knelt in the grass to examine them, when his shadow fell across my back, she shuddered here as her memory recalled the feeling of being watched. He had no scent, he must’ve just bathed as I had, but suddenly this mottled furred coyote was on me, pinning me to the ground before I could even turn the whole way around. He was yelling at me and calling me a thief...and he was riddled with scars, so I stopped struggling in hopes he’d understand the mistake that was made, Drin paused picturing the face of Aram and shivering again with the image in her mind.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Okay! :3 / +683

A wind chime. Even the name of the object was pretty. It was always nice to think the humans weren't all bad. Maybe, they were just like Luperci these days. There must have been a time when they lived in peace but as the years flew by they grew smarter and stronger. Eventually, they became corrupted like Drosnav and the others and turned on their own kind. She shook her head at the thought, what horrible wolves. If she ever came in contact with them, she'd be ready to give them a piece of her mind. She could only hope that her parents and Rowan are doing well, untouched by the chaotic wolf's insanity. The silver woman turned back to Palaydrian as she nodded in agreement about the humans. Her eyes panned from left to right looking at all the human objects again. Still, most of them were strange and probably dangerous. It is strange isn't it? My grandparents, and their grandparents, passed down stories about the humans. How they'd always intrude on pack territory and often would kill our family. But, now that they're gone the world seems quiet in a sense.

The Siamese wolf left her side and Fayne's eyes followed her to the rock she chose to sit on top of. She motioned for Fayne to come sit and she did, jumping up gracefully and coming to sit with her tail wrapped around her feet like a feline. She could see over the whole garden from up here along with all the creatures that flew around it, visiting each flower. It brought a smile to her dark lips, flowers were extraordinary things and she loved them. They rarely bloomed up north, she was glad she could see them every day here in New Dawn. Her ear shifted to listen to Palaydrian while she looked over the garden. When she finished, Fayne turned to smile at her pack sister. Yes, Tharin was a great listener. He also dealt with my tears soaking the front of his coat. I know he thinks they're strange occurrence." She chuckled. Tharin was a patient soul. Anyways, I'm glad I could be the one to hear it.

The stormy female settled down, understanding eyes waiting for the story to be told. If she cried, Fayne would be here to wipe away the tears. Palaydrian shook her head and Fayne leaned in to nuzzle her shoulder. You couldn't have known. I would have done the same thing. Emerald eyes narrowed as she told the story. The picture of a large luperci with his lips drawn back in a snarl. Saliva dripped from his maw in an unattractive fashion. His clawed hands raised and ready to mar the beautiful female. Her vision was much like the big bad wolf, though it's probably not how it happened at all. A sympathetic whine escaped Fayne's throat. She knew just how scary it was to be pinned down helplessly not knowing if she'd even make it out alive. The feelings of helplessness, frustration, and the overwhelming fear that seemed to freeze your in you tracks. A shiver ran down her spine as well, it was the most frightening thing she'd ever been through and she could most likely say the same for Palaydrian.

Well just know that you're safe now. All of your pack is here to protect you and that bastard won't step a foot onto pack lands without being shred to pieces. Surprisingly, to her dismay, it wasn't Amy who had done this. At least if it had been Amy, they would have only one person to blame for these mishaps. But now, they had to watch out for two vile Luperci. One thing we can do for ourselves, is learn how to fight. That way if we ever run into them again, we will be able to fight back. I remember I told Amy the next time I saw her, I would rip her to shreds. I will hold that promise.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 684 :: PTSD much? Poor Drin.

A time when wolves and canines existed while humans walked the earth. Palaydrian could hardly imagine it but her eyes widened when Fayne told her that her ancestors had experienced such a time and place. All the stories and history of men were constantly overshadowed in violence, but perhaps it was true. They had destroyed themselves after all...Drin nodded, the world was quieter she supposed, but evil still existed. It was apparent on both of the female’s bodies. The golden fae gave a soft laugh at the thought of soaking Tharin’s fur with tears. He was quite the reserved wolf and as most of the younger wolves within the pack, probably very inexperienced with the opposite sex. She smiled then, finding it comical that while everyone was in bloom, Tharin still remained a stalwart brother through and through. Someday the gentlemanly wolf would make some woman a very happy mate. Drin liked that thought, New Dawn was growing and a healthy pack was always represented by offspring. She wondered who the lucky woman would be before she began recalling Aram’s attack.

The Siamese woman felt that her story, though painful, was actually easily rolling off her tongue. Speaking to Fayne, a woman who had been through her own trials and tribulations felt right. The silver femme had known that this was the type of medicine Palay couldn’t get from a healer, but with all type of recuperation, this type of healing took time. Fayne knew when to reassure and how to console even though the tears hadn’t started falling. With a cold realization, Drin could feel herself almost detaching from the entire thing, and she knew that was wrong. Why was she afraid to convey how violated she truly felt? A snarl slipped past her lips at the mention of Amy. Kiara was now her pack sister, but when Drin had initially met the alabaster mother, she had heard of the monster then. Yes, we should learn to fight...and perhaps one day to wipe the abominations like Amy and Aram...that was his name, off this earth. She replied with a nod. But...they don’t even deserve death...ah Fayne, revenge is a double edged sword, the fire in her voice had gone out. We should at least learn how to defend ourselves so if Luna forbid we are ever attacked again, we’d be ready to give whomever the foe is, a fight they’d remember, this statement felt more right on the angel’s tongue.

She continued her tale. Aram made it clear he despises wolves for some reason and though I tried explaining the entire situation was a misunderstanding but he was convinced I was a thief and got it into his sick head that he was going to mark me. I didn’t really know what he meant by that, but I figured playing into his little game would only improve my chances of surviving, she growled, remember how she had relented under his body. But his unnecessary roughness and threatening triggered something in me and I began fighting back and screaming for help... Drin’s tail began twitching nervously. He didn’t like that...not one bit...before I knew it, his fist was colliding with my face and all I could see was stars...all I could taste was blood. His jaw clamped down on my neck and I really thought I’d die...I couldn’t breathe...I couldn’t think...now the tears came, hot and angry upon her face. That bastard! She snarled in a whisper. Kept calling me “Precious”, she spat out the word as if it were poison. I was so catatonic with fear and rage that I’d been hit...I allowed him to tie me up...and then I begged...mercy Aram...I knew I didn’t want to feel his fist again...I...I wanted to...live.Drin was trembling now and it was as if the floodgates had opened and her emotions were pouring out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Not sure she's the best at comforting others, but she tried. Big Grin / +861

Amy's name would always send chills down Fayne's spine so long as she was undefeated. Though the silver wolf realized that once she faced the blond mutt and gave her a taste of her own medicine the fear would subside. Fayne's snarl joined in unison with Palaydrian's at the thought of the evil bitch. One day, she would pay whether it be by her hands, the hands of a pack mate, or the hands of one of the many others she's hurt.

Determined turquoise eyes focused on Palaydrian as she spoke again, of the coyote named Aram. Also a Luperci. As she spoke, Fayne recalled of the second encounter with Amy and how she still wasn't able to defend herself. She had kept it a secret far too ashamed to tell anyone of that day and how she wasn't able to save the puppy Amy was giving lessons to. A somber expression took hold of her fine feminine features as the shame once again grew within her. She was nothing more than a coward and she must learn how to fight so she could change that. It will be good for all of us if we can defend ourselves. I don't know about you, but when I was injured and could do nothing more than lay around in the den I felt I was a burden to our family. Next time, it won't be that way. She meant it, nearly snarling the last part. She wouldn't have it any more and would go to any length to become stronger even if it meant harnessing the power her Luperci blood granted her with. And yes, next time she or Aram won't dare come after me or anyone in New Dawn again or they'll be met with the rage of ten wolves.

Fayne continued to listen intently Palaydrian's heart dropping story. She had noticed the mark on her pack sister's inner thigh. It was ugly and unfortunate. Why was it that people like Aram and Amy felt the need to mark their victims? Was it not enough that they caused permanent mental damage to the ones they chose to inflict harm upon? The slender female's wolfish head shook from side to side as she contemplated the vile Luperci's actions. Fayne knew what Drin meant when she said she played along with Aram's game. She had done the same and simply whimpered to herself while Amy carved into her skin. Struggling would have only made it worse, drawn out and more painful and so she lay there and let it happen. Dark lips curled back in another deep growl in distaste for the two that caused so much harm to her and Palaydrian.

Shame filled her again. Her pack sister had tried to fight back, at least she was bold enough to try instead of lay there and take it like Fayne had. The emotion welled up within both of the wolves as Palaydrian told her story, the tears finally bursting from her eyes and wetting her fur. But her face didn't say she was scared or sad, she was angry, furious. Although they had been through the same thing, there was one thing that held them apart. Palaydrian wasn't a coward. The story came to a finish and Fayne felt tears building behind her own eyelids in sympathy for Palaydrian, regret for her own actions, and the thought of that day. Even so, she held them back knowing she needed to say strong because this talk was to help in mending the Siamese wolf's broken spirit. Fayne leaned forward to nuzzle the humanoid wolf's shoulder wishing she could embrace the trembling female but to shy to shift. You are alive! He may have marked you, but you're alive with a pack that loves and cares for you. That's something he can never take away. You and I just have to be strong and keeping moving forward

I don't know how anyone could treat another with such aggression without hating themselves. Aram and Amy will eventually pay for all the things they did and end up serving a lifetime with the devil. Fayne leaned in to nuzzle her again trying to calm her the best she could. It will take time but eventually you will look back and see that this made you stronger. I haven't even gotten to that point yet, but I know we'll reach it eventually. Fayne was more than glad to be sitting here listening to Drin speak and to hear it directly from her. Even if it stirred up some unwanted emotions, she was happy to help a pack sister in any way. It was the least she could do after being so useless. The plush coated wolf simply continued to sit there waiting to see if there would be a clean end to the story, waiting patiently to hear the rest. She only hoped she could hold back her own tears and be a rock for the one in need.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 890 ::

Palaydrian full heartedly agreed with Fayne. If New Dawn was to be considered the “feral” pack in ‘Souls, then its members needed to learn how to fight like the wolves they were or at least know how to defend themselves. The pack had already had three of its women bested and violated by outsiders. This was completely unacceptable as it threatened the core value of their creed, respect. If word circulated that these New Dawn wolves were soft, how on earth could they be expected to defend their borders from attacks by other clans? Something needed to be done. All the wolves under Zalen and Titania needed to know how to fight and if Fayne was in the same boat, Drin was sure they could find someone who could teach them how. The woman knew she could no longer sit by as an invalid, something needed to be done before this or something else could happen to another family member.

I thought his punch had knocked the fight out of me, but then the sick coyote wanted to get in between my legs, a growl began building in her throat. He tried forcing me to kiss him, but somehow I managed to knock him off again....again this only seemed to rile him up even more. I knew I couldn’t run with my hands tied behind my back, but sat there defiantly in the dirt, ready to bite him or kick out if he came close again, but he surprised me...he just flew threw the air and the next thing I know is I’m laying on the ground again and his forearm definitely crushed my windpipe. A hand glided up to touch her throat. I felt like I was suffocating and I could taste blood, but out of my left eye I could see he wasn’t finished...no not by a long shot. His fist came down again but this time it went for my ribs. I heard a crack and I thought I’d pass out... she took a deep breath.

I could hardly breathe as it was, but this was his punishment to “Precious” who wouldn’t listen to his commands. The tears had temporarily dried on her cheeks, the anger almost a tangible cloud about the wolf. But that’s when he brought out his knives, her fists clenched beside her, I dared not move, he placed the blade here, she indicated a faint pink line in her shoulder. Barely even touched my skin to have my blood rise. I really thought it was over then. I was helpless under a psychotic coyote...and that’s when the fight finally went out of me.

Drin paused to look into the woods beyond the garden. Though this was the second time she was reliving her tale, the next part was still the hardest to get through. In time she knew sharing her story would be easier....but Fayne was the first woman to hear it...of an injustice that could only be inflicted upon their sex. She closed her eyes to gather strength before she opened them to continue on.

Aram removed his arm from my neck but replaced this restriction with his knifepoint. I understood his threat well enough, and satisfied the bastard moved down my body. Groping me and having his fun along the way. I tried begging with what voice I had left when he was in between my legs, but that didn’t stop him. She shook her head. All the while he was giving me directions, be obedient...be still. He...he..put his dirty fingers inside me! The tears were falling again. And upon finding out that I was still virginal...he said what a shame it was that I wasn’t in season or he’d show me what it was like to be ridden by a coyote. Ha! Yeah...lucky me, she snarled. And still he wasn’t finished....no, his marking needed to be done. He held me down and carved into my thigh while I screamed and I thrashed...I agonized...until..until, I could no longer make noise. The fingers of her right hand gently brushed over the ugly “M” with the bar the center, Aram’s mark would remain in her flesh forever.

She wiped her tears away with her left hand, perhaps angriest the most with what was coming next. He claimed I was one of his possessions now and that I should willingly seek him out once I am in heat...obviously that isn’t happening, she laughed coldly. But because I had misbehaved so much, I had two options to choose between before I could get my freedom. He could either have his way with me right then and there...or I could take him in my mouth. She looked at her lap with a heavy sigh, there really was no choice...the memory of my first time couldn’t be with him...I felt so violated...I don’t even know how I got back here. Her story was over, the rest was Jiva’s to tell as he had found her passed out near the border.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sorry for the wait. :o / +784

Fayne was under the impression that the story was over, but it kept going. What more could Aram possibly do to the poor fae? She would find out listening intently as the story went on. Each emotion Palaydrian was feeling, she felt as well. The feelings showing on her face as her brow furrowed and lips curled back in distaste for this vile coyote. The emotions that lingered in the air between them were almost tangible, striking out at the wolves and torturing them. She couldn't stand the thought of such people. It was ones like Amy and Aram that pitted such hate in the silver fae for all Luperci. If only the world could be wiped clean of such canine's.

Aram's actions were, in Fayne's opinion, worse than what Amy had done to her. Yes, she had struck fear into the small wolf and yes, she had carved a picture slowly and accurately on the wolf's shoulder. But, Aram had violated Palaydrian in a way far, far worse. Fayne chimed in when Palaydrian growled, the emotions once again striking out at her like a whip to cattle, egging them on. Fayne nodded in response as she spoke. Of course her lashing out riled him up. Amy had been the same way as Fayne threw harsh words at her and promises to make her regret it, it only seemed to fuel her and entertain her. The chilling laugh that echoed through the forest for nobody to hear and that disgusting smile. She enjoyed every minute they had spent together, getting off on the blade slicing the small wolves flesh as she writhed in pain. Pleads for mercy also made things worse, it gave her power, more power than she already had over the hopeless creature.

As Palaydrian continued, Fayne's lips were curled back in an unruly snarl unable to hold back the emotions the wolf was sharing with her. She imagined the story as it was told, the pain she must have been feeling, it was as if she could feel it too in a sense. She could remember her own pain and how intense it had been, but nothing compared to being stricken, violated, and cut into in the same sitting. Palaydrian was lucky to have gotten back to New Dawn in one piece. And that disgusting name he had given her, "Precious", who did he think he was? Fayne's eyes drifted to the Optime's humanoid hands as they closed in a tight fist, a human display of anger. Her dark muzzle came down to nose the cream colored wolf's close hand, her tongue flopping out to give a gentle lick. Drin paused, the tears had long disappeared, anger replacing them. Fayne stayed quiet as she gathered herself to continue the story. A whine escaped her as the words flowed, the dread filling her eyes. What a bastard. Fayne could only imagine how dirty she would feel after having the vile man's fingers inside of her, the thought put her into a rage. The small wolf stood getting heated up by the story, hackles rising as she listened. Palaydrian had stood strong and distracted him in another way, one Fayne didn't quite understand but still, she had avoided the man's nasty seed.

Fayne stood there, body nearly quivering with anger for Aram, the thought of his hands on her pack sister in such a demeaning way. If she ever saw this coyote, she would make him regret ever laying a hand on Palaydrian. That bastard! He doesn't deserve to walk this earth! We will take care of him, and Amy! They will never hurt another being after we get through with them. She finished with a low growl noticing how heated she was. A breath was taken and her hackles lowered, she needed to put a cap on the blood that boiled inside of her. Fayne sat, taking another breath and nuzzling her sister again, calmer now. They will pay. She couldn't say much more for fear of what other curses would come out, but the anger was still evident in her eyes. Her breathing eventually slowed, she was supposed to be strong for Palaydrian but she had let the anger get the best of her. She shook her head and spoke. You're safe, we will all protect you. If he ever lays a hand on you again, he will be sorry. There are several wolves here that would keep that promise. She figured they both needed to calm down and kept her mouth shut for the time being, focusing on the soothing garden in front of them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Meow:: No problem! Weee proposing Casa trip. Smile WC:: 7+

Palaydrian was thankful than most for her family in New Dawn. Never had she imagined a pack to come to together, putting aside their own safety to protect hers’. Her birth pack would not have showed her the amount of kindness she had received here in less than a month if it even took them a decade. Her bloodline was considered tainted in a territory where Luperci did not yet exist. Her family was seen as an enigma, something evil that must be avoided at all costs and even the pups weren’t allowed to play with her and her brothers when they were monthlings as their parents feared that their children would somehow become infected. It was silly and ignorant for them to think three well to do wolves would actually bite their playmates hard enough to inflict the virus in the first place, but this coldness was something Drin had grown up with. She was used to being last, to never being chosen for pack tasks, and well...looked over in her birth pack where she and her family always felt like outsiders.

In New Dawn, things were drastically different. Though her new pack held on to the more natural ways, a lifestyle she was accustomed to and felt she could fit into, the wolves here were much more accepting of her blood for it was a biological element she could not control. In the lands of ‘Souls, Palaydrian had quickly learned that beings could walk on two feet here without being chastised or ridiculed publicly. Humanized ways were welcome, if not used and learned to the fullest to improve life. She would much rather be in her lupine form at all times, but lately she was realizing that she was becoming to enjoy the form in which she had avoided at all costs. Optime could be a deadly weapon for a wolf, or his greatest obstacle. The Siamese coated fae was aware that one such wolf who struggled with this form was the one sitting next to her, and her heart ached for Fayne, knowing the sacrifice she had made the day she had helped in her rescue.

She nodded to the silver woman’s remarks of their loving pack and how Amy and Aram would eventually realize karma is a bitch in the long run. Fayne was right, it would take time to be fully normal again even if the physical was quickly on its way to returning to how it used to be, the mental scars would last forever. Drin admired the fiery anger building in her sister even though she knew it was wrong. This is what they wanted, getting a rise out of their victims in hopes of seeing them over and over again just to put them back into their place, but the blonde woman wasn’t having it. She and Fayne needed to prepare themselves for the future, and it was no secret Amy had already inflicted fresh wounds in her sister’s mind. Anger can be a useful tool or one’s demise...I think it best if we put our anger towards bettering ourselves, she explained, exchanging an affection nuzzle to the woman in hopes of softening her emotions.

Her eyes fell back onto the garden as she thought about what she wanted to say next. I’ve heard stories of the neighboring packs within these lands, and one that piqued my interest is a pack comprised of knights, she said, already feeling the heaviness of story lifting off her chest. I know I still have some physical healing to do, but I feel like I could mentally repair even faster if I received training in the arts of self defense, she looked to Fayne with this suggestion. Would you join me to pursue this education? I’m not wanting to go on witch hunts for past demons anytime soon...but I think the knights of Casa di Cavalieri could help ease our minds for now, and I believe they’d be more than willing to impart some of their wisdom on us. It would be good to inform this pack of the evil entities wandering around the neutral territories as well, so they could avoid run ins or at least prepare themselves if they ever were to come across Aram or Amy.

Table Credit to Becca! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.palaydrian-siamese b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.palaydrian-siamese b:before { content: open-quote; }
.palaydrian-siamese b:after { content: close-quote; }
.palaydrian-siamese .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.palaydrian-siamese p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.palaydrian-siamese {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#DEB45E; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... iamese.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F4F4F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Squeeeeee! >.< / +677

Fayne simply nodded to her statement about anger returning the nuzzle and giving a smile. A deep breath was taken and her eyes closed as she did her best to calm the fury within her. Anger was a dangerous thing. It is one of the most dangerous emotions, next to grief. It fuels those who are normally docile and kind to do unspeakable things. Her heart rate slowed, the fur on the nape of her neck finally coming to rest flat. Forest green eyes opened to look over the peaceful scenery Palaydrian had created all by hand. Hands. Once more she was reminded that hands could be used to create beauty and once again she began to think about what her own hands could be used to do. For one, she had helped save Palaydrian's life even if she had been a bit clumsy and out of place. Titania had used her hands to sooth Fayne when she was upset, rubbing her back and holding her hand. Both human motions. Her smile became brighter as she started to realize Optime form wasn't such a bad thing, if you didn't use it to wield weapons and hurt others.

The quiet atmosphere was finally broken by Palaydrian's voice and Fayne turned to look at her, ears up and alert to listen. Her head tilted at the word 'knight'. What was a knight exactly. Oh, the curiosity that always sparked inside her was sparking yet again interested to hear her Siamese sister continue. Her white tipped tail started up behind her, finally calmed from her previous anger. This is what she'd been waiting for, someone to teach her how to fight. Her curiosity was rising each and every second. Her tail picked up even faster as Palaydrian suggested they go, but stopped when she realized she was still hesitant to shift. Her eyes rolled to look at the garden again, mouth shut and quiet as she thought for a moment before turning back again. I know I need to learn how to fight, but I still can't picture myself standing on two legs. It's a strange concept that I can't wrap my mind around. Not only that, but she was frightened of it. Would she end up like Drosnav and the others, consumed by power, if she let herself get comfortable with hands and feet? Fayne sighed looking off into the distance and thinking again.

But, I don't think I'll be able to protect myself or any of you if I don't learn to accept the two-legged form. There's only so much we can do on four legs and Its already been proven to me that I'm useless in a fight against the two-legged form. Ears pulled back when she thought of Amy pinning her down, twice now. That wouldn't happen again. Her brow furrowed as she contemplated once more. She had gone into that battle thinking she'd be able to hold her own, but she was swatted to the ground like a fly. The silver fae took a deep breath and puffed her chest up, tail thumping slightly behind her. She turned back to Palaydrian with determination burning in her emerald eyes. She would not let a small slump stop her from protecting her family. I won't let Amy, or Aram, or any other Luperci lay a hand on my loved ones. If I can improve myself and become a strong force then there's no reason I should be frightened of standing on two legs. Right? As she spoke, her plush tail started going faster and faster until it was sweeping dirt off of the rock and into the air behind them. I mean, I've helped you already with those hands and I'm sure I could do a lot more. Now, she was determined to become better. With Palaydrian's help, and the help of all of her family she wouldn't be a frightened little wolf anymore.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 755 ::

The two women of New Dawn had more things in common pulling them together then they realized. Though they had both suffered underneath the paws of knife-wielding sociopaths, the females had also experienced similar childhoods. Though the Luperci virus was brought upon Palaydrian’s birth pack by her great grandmother, her pup hood was spent knowing her place and keeping to her family as they were the sole carriers of the genetic mutation. Much like Fayne’s birth pack, there was a certain stigma about their “dirty blood” and much was unknown about the effects of Luperci, but Drin fortunately did not have to suffer through her family and her pack brothers and sisters being torn apart by their differences. She had been run off the lands and forced to never actually say goodbye to her family. Drin didn’t know what Fayne’s story was, or how she had come to New Dawn...that would be a story she would perhaps learn in time, but the Siamese woman had more than a hunch that the silver woman beside her struggled with shifting to her optime form for some reason.

Drin had initially been uncomfortable transitioning to her two-legged form as well, mostly because it had been so taboo in her homelands, but upon finding New Dawn, she learned its members embraced Luperci instead of banning it. On her first day within her new home territory, she had even shifted and used the form to learn a new skill. What initially was fear for humanized things, quickly turned into fascination within her short time in the ‘Souls lands, and the woman came to find her Optime form desirable instead of a curse. She was learning how to write, draw, leatherwork, and even perfecting her gardening in this form. Good and evil exists in all forms, why should she like the ignorant dogs in birth pack believe that the Luperci virus only represented what was bad? ANd she couldn’t, the woman was finding too many things to be beautiful in this form. The root of good and evil exists in the character of the being within the form, not the form itself. She wanted Fayne to see this, to realize that being in Optime wasn’t something to fear, no it was a body they could strengthen and use as a tool for good.

Palay responded to Fayne’s comments with soft whimper of sympathy. She understood how daunting Optime must be for the woman if she wasn’t already comfortable in it. Believe me, I felt the same way about this form before coming to New Dawn...it’s scary when you’re so used to being on four legs, but now that I’ve practically been forced to stay in it, she gave a small chuckle, I’m finding all the positives of this form and learning the ins and outs of it’s abilities. Drin nodded her head with assurance, there really was so much you could do with five fingers. You may think you’re useless now, but when we come back from Casa de Cavalieri, we’ll both feel more comfortable in this skin and far more capable than our old selves that got taken advantage by Aram and Amy. Her muzzle moved down to playfully nip at Fayne’s paws. You’ll learn so much about what we can do with these things, that you’ll be busy up to your ears with making improvements within the lands, she laughed now, turning her attention back to the garden. All this for example, done by hand, she held hers up in reference. These are capable of so much, if you allow them to flourish like this garden...come let’s head back and start planning our trip, she said as she slipped off the rock. I can’t hide away in New Dawn forever, and the world is moving on.

With that, the women said their mental goodbyes to the little bit of Eden within New Dawn and walked Optime by lupine back towards the den. Fayne and Drin were taking their lives into their own hands/paws, they would no longer be victims to the evil in the world, they would prepare themselves for the future and better themselves in the long run. With Tharin as their chaperone within a few days, the trio would make their way to Casa and begin learning the art of hand to hand combat....Aram and Amy, watch out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]