Fire by the Water
[html]

Predate to June 14, location Strega's Bay/ 630 words

The pack's territory was larger than he remembered it 6 months ago. While he couldn't remember exactly how much they land they had in the beginning, he could tell they had grown considerably in his absence. Rurik was sitting outside of a ruined house at the edge of a bay, a small pile of old, dry wood next to him and a small dancing fire in front of him. The fire helped him calm his mind and order his thoughts, even if he wasn't anxious about anything it still relaxed him. On the other side of him was his pack, full of various food items, spare cloths, or junk he found. Next to that, closer to his, was his katana. Behind him, leaned up against the house, was his black staff.

The news about the coming ball had surprised him a bit. no so much that they were creating an alliance with another pack, but with what pack it was. The Cercatori D' Arte pack, a pack who's name he had once thought sounded fancy which meant they must have fancy stealable things. He had tried to cross their borders one night but was stopped by a male much larger than himself. When that didn't work, he tried to set their tree on fire, despite multiple warnings and chances to leave peacefully. The male had beaten him and cut him up pretty good, he was surprised the injuries hadn't scared. Being as foolishly trusting as he had been, Rurik had given the male his full name. At the time he didn't think anything of it, but now that he thought back on it he thought that there was a very good chance that the male had reported his offence to his alpha, warning them to keep an eye out for someone matching Rurik's description. This had been back in 2011 though, what month he couldn't remember exactly, but he doubted that if anyone else in that pack had found out about it that they would just forgive and forget, his luck didn't run that way.

His thoughts were slowly taking a turn for the worse as he stared into the fire before him, conjuring images of tomorrow's ball. The Alpha recognizing him and reporting what he had done to Jazper. Even though he had been a loner at the time, he doubted Jazper would take something like that very lightly. He looked away from the fire before he could finish the thought. "Who knows...maybe they have forgotten." He said to himself, looking up and around him at his surroundings. "Yea...and maybe pigs will fly and cows will talk." He said glumly. With a sigh he stood up and stared down at the fire. "No sense worrying myself about trouble that hasn't started yet. I'll just keep myself as scarce as possible tomorrow." He left the fire burning and turned to grab his staff, twirling it once around his hand out of habit. He figured since his fire wasn't calming him down, he would practice his staff skills, maybe something physical like that would still his thoughts.

He walked a little ways away from the fire and stood with his staff in his hand, his arm hanging next to him loosely. With a twitch of his wrist it twirled once, then again, building speed. He let it slip in his hand so he was grasping the bottom of the shaft, slid one foot forward and spun, swinging the staff wide. He continued like this, moving from one attack to the next with flowing movements that seemed long practiced and almost second nature to him. After a while his mind blanked and he became unaware of his surroundings, simply enjoying the familiarity of his staff swinging threw the air at imaginary targets.

<style>
.lava .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:11px;}
.lava p {color:#e83b12;}
.lava b {color:#bf0000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 1em #c31f1a;}
.lava i {color:#ee8c43;}
.lava {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... orious.png); background-color:#331a13; background-poition:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:390px; padding:255px 0px 0px 10px; border:1px solid #081921; border-radius:3%; box-shadow: 0px 0px 7px 2px #000; margin: 0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC: 319

Isa had been feeling rather restless all morning and felt the need to get out and stretch her legs. She was going to take one of the horses out for a ride but they seemed content in the field, so she decided to go for a walk up to the Bay. Hadley would be fine if she wasn’t there for part of the day. Hopefully he wouldn’t worry too much though. He did tend to worry about her wandering off on her own since she was pregnant. Yes, it probably would be best if she just laid back and relaxed but she just couldn’t do it. She needed to get out for a bit.

It was a rather nice day out as well, why not enjoy it? As she neared the Bay, she thought she heard someone talking. Isa stopped for a moment and picked up the scent of a male she hadn’t met before. A new member perhaps? It was then that she noticed the fire, assuming that was where the male was. She moved closer and noticed the male standing next to a house and swinging a black staff in his hand. He was a rather attractive man, probably not much younger than Isa. He was nearly a foot shorter than her though. Then again, many were shorter than her. She was fairly tall, not many could surpass or even match her height.

Stepping forward, Isa watched as he practiced a few moves with his staff. Need a sparring partner? She gave him a smile, wondering if he would actually notice her standing there. It might have not been a very good idea for her to be sparring but she wasn’t too far along, and as long as she was careful everything should be fine. I’m Isa by the way. You must be new, I haven’t seen you around Casa. Anyway, it’s nice to meet you.

<style>
.isastatue .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.isastatue p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.isastatue b {color:#4AA2F3; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.isastatue {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... w5ty-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:615px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:30px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0174DF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.isastatue .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Kinda crappy post is kinda crappy, lol./ 279 words

Rurik was no longer at Strega's Bay, or within the Casa pack lands, or even anywhere in 'Souls. He had moved to his own world. He was surrounded on all sides by a blackness, standing in a pool of light that came from no where, his staff a black blur in the air, striking enemies as they rushed him from the blackness. He heard only the sound of his weapon striking phantom foes and blocking phantom weapons. He didn't know anything else but his well practiced movements and the reality he had created.

That is until he heard the voice of someone very close by. The sudden change caught him off guard, which wasn't good since his mind was set into a mode of mild violence. Without thinking his staff spun in the air and he spun on one foot, swinging the wood in a upper cut at the voice. He stopped the staff just below the strangers chin, something telling that the voice wasn't an enemy. It took him a few seconds for his brain to separate reality from his meditation, and once he had he hastily moved his staff away. "Oh! I'm so sorry! You surprised me." He blinked a few times and tried to remember what she said. "Um, I'm Rurik, it's nice to meet you Isa. You could say I'm new. I actually helped Jazper found Casa, but I left soon after for...personal reasons." He said, feeling a bit awkward for nearly cracking her in the jaw. "Ah, sure, a sparing partner would be nice." He felt a bit awkward, not just for nearly attacking a pack mate, but because he wasn't used to other coming up to him and making conversation.

<style>
.lava .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:11px;}
.lava p {color:#e83b12;}
.lava b {color:#bf0000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 1em #c31f1a;}
.lava i {color:#ee8c43;}
.lava {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... orious.png); background-color:#331a13; background-poition:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:390px; padding:255px 0px 0px 10px; border:1px solid #081921; border-radius:3%; box-shadow: 0px 0px 7px 2px #000; margin: 0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]