Joined Again
[html]

pp approved

Dalgina was surprised to see Neela here. She had known that Neela was in a nice close pack, but seeing her dear friend there had still been a delight. It was a good thing she'd left Tehu at home, with all the chaos making it difficult for a small wolf to maneuver, let alone a small bird. Her tail wagged, looking at the outfit Neela was wearing. Dalgina herself had chosen to dress up in jewelry, all kinds of necklaces and bracelets on her dark body. She glittered under the light.

Once they were somewhere more quiet Dalgina smiled at Neela. Hi. Stepping up she hugged the collie, tail beating behind her. Neela smelled different now, the smell altered to match the pack that wrapped around them. I missed you. Now as much as she had missed Kiara, but Neela had still been a large part of her life, making her simply glad to see her again and spend time together.

<style type="text/css">
.dalummg .space {float:right; height:250px; width:350px;}
.dalummg b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffeaf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#495651 1px 1px 2px;}
.dalummg b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.dalummg b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.dalummg p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.dalummg {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:700px; min-width:500px; background-color:#b9d9cc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/dGkFz.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #495651; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#495651; line-height:16px; border-radius:10px;}
.dalummg .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 222

It was somewhat of a relief to get free of the courthouse, to get away from the stifling crush of flesh packed inside. The great hall was certainly large enough to hold the party comfortably but with Neela's new found wariness of strangers the fresh night air and some clear space around her was a blessing happily received.

Neela smiled as Dalgina approached her, opening her arms wide to return the jewellery-clad girl's hug. "I missed you too sweetie." she said, gently showering the top of Dalgina's head with licks. Neela let the hug last for a few moments more before she reluctantly relinquished Dalgina and stepped back, crouching down to the adolescent's level. "Look at you, certainly grown since I last saw you! Neela exclaimed, a hint of humour entering her fond voice as she added, "Grown yourself a pair of hands as well it seems."

It felt weird for Neela to see Dalgina in optime form like herself. Dalgina had always seemed like the sort of canine that would never grow up but stay innocent and young forever; Neela felt both happy and sad to see her growing up in such a visible way. "I'm glad that I found you again, that we ended up near each other." she said abruptly, feeling suddenly emotional and leaning in for another hug.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]
[html]

out of character

Licks showered her head, Dalgina's tail swaying happily at the warm gesture. She was so happy to see her again. Dalgina missed Neela, wishing they were still in the same pack. Memories of Ichika were fading, if not the dear friends she'd had there. The time spent playing, and listening to Neela's music, were loved parts of her childhood. Dalgina herself couldn't play any music, though she could sing. Dalgina hadn't found any instruments to play, and often found herself distracted from such a pursuit by a beautiful view she just had to capture, in paint or wood.

Laughing Dalgina spun around, letting Neela see her entire body. I can paint now! I do some carvings too, like Papa. Her voice was proud, happy that she had become capable of so much. Time had seemed endless when she'd been unable to shift, but now there was so much to do, and not nearly enough time to do it all in, even when she stayed up late at night. She buried her head back into Neela for another hug, tail swaying. She wanted to say her wish of being pack again, but the words choked in her throat, unable to speak.

<style type="text/css">
.dalummg b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffeaf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#495651 1px 1px 2px;}
.dalummg b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.dalummg b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.dalummg {margin:0px auto; width:95%; max-width:700px; min-width:500px; background-color:#b9d9cc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/dGkFz.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #495651; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#495651; line-height:16px; border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

D: I am so sorry that this has taken me so ridiculously long to reply to.

Word Count → 319

Neela couldn’t help but smile widely when Dalgina, nuzzling her muzzle into the top of her head. "That's great sweetie." she said, "Shifting is a major part of getting older, you’re almost an adult now!" Neela smiled and licked Dalgina's ear before something behind the pup caught her attention. The sun had started to set and Neela was suddenly took back to a trip down the coast on her boat, Dalgina standing at the prow and looking out excitedly at the sunset.

"I've got something I want to show you sweetie, here follow me." Neela said, pulling away from the hug lighting and catching Dalgina's hand in her own, guiding the smaller luperci along to her house. "This is where I live now, me an Tony fixed it up ourselves." Neela said proudly, gesturing across the house. "Got a little platform set up on the roof, good place to fish and watch the sunset, we get a nice view over the wall that high." Admittedly it was less of a platform and more a flat section of roof where particular care had been taken to sand the wood smooth, but it was still a nice place to relax.

Neela started to slowly climb up the series of foot and hand holds that gave access to the roof from the outside of the house. Her dress made this somewhat difficult but not impossible; the fact that Neela didn't usually wear clothes and as such had no modesty issues hiking it up helped a lot in that regard. After some tricky manoeuvring Neela made it up onto the flat section at the peak of her roof and turned around to face Dalgina again, dangling one arm down off the roof as a handhold for the younger girl, "Here, cmon up sweetie." she called down, digging her feet into the boards as best she could to steady herself to support Dalgina.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]
[html]

out of character

An adult. That wasn't something Dalgina had thought about. She still felt young. The shift had marked her entrance into that brink of adulthood. Standing there felt strange. Soon she would be considered an adult. Just like Mahn and Papa. Just like Neela. Her tail stilled at the thought, only the silent clink of the jewelry that she wore marking the movements in her body. The noise from the party was distant now. Told that there was something to show her Dalgina followed curiously, wondering what it could possibly be.

They left the court behind, moving to the outside. Dalgina looked around the land curiously. The fort was strong, the wall encircling completely around the area they were in. A house was pointed out, Dalgina's tail swaying at the words. It's nice. The house didn't look particularly special, but the effort put into it showed. It looked better than the other partly repaired homes. Dalgina watched Neela climb up, hesitant to follow.

The prompting was all that she needed. Dalgina climbed trees a lot, her hands finding the grips easily. Dexterously she climbed up, graceful in her arrival. Reaching the platform Dalgina looked around in awe. It's beautiful! Trees surrounded the fort. She could see them pressing against the walls at some points. Plants had even filtered into the court, giving it a ragged wild look. The strokes of the sun flowed over, everything burning as if it had caught fire, glowing with life.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]