Wandering
Lukos was fairly deep in the Dampwoods when he came across a lake. He decided to set camp here and fish for some food, so he set his bag down and took out his carving knife. He searched the trees for good cutting wood, when he spotted an ash tree. Very healthy, plenty of branches that are somewhat low to the ground. Since he didn't have any string or a hook on him, he would just have to do with an old fashion fishing spear.

As he drew near the ash, he started to pick out his branch of choice. He spotted a good branch, ten feet off the ground, and fairly long. Lukos put the knife hilt sideways in his mouth and started climbing the tree. Twice he almost slipped and fell, but he kept on going until he reached his prize. He took the knife out of his mouth and started sawing at the branch, sitting on the end that wasn't going to fall off. As he was sawing, he started whistling to himself. "What a beautiful day." he said to himself while sawing the branch. As the branch fell, Lukos threw the knife into the soft ground below and started to climb down. Halfway to the ground, he lost his grip on the bark and fell the rest of the way down. He landed a foot away from his knife, and if he was any closer to it, he would have landed on a rock he just noticed while laying on the ground. laughing softly to himself about his close encounter with near paralyzation, he just laid there, staring at the sky. "You know what? I'm just going to stay here for a while." Soon he fell asleep just laying there, tired from traveling and falling out of the tree.
Lance was wandering the DampWoods when he heard the noise of rustling branches and a sawing sound. He slowly began to creep towards the sound when to his relief he realized it was just another canine trying his best to survive. Still undetected he saw with shock as the young loner fell from the branch. Lance closed his eyes and waited for the sound of the rock below to impale the loners back. After a minute he heard soft laughter and realized that the young loner was unharmed so Theracus thought of approaching him but saw he was lying down to rest so Lance decided to find the nearest tree to rest in till morning and await for the young loner to awake.
Toby pranced along, lupus form being what he was in. He halted at the scent of two other canines near by. Who would be just ahead? He tilted his black head towards the two. One in a tree, one on the ground. Both were gathered up in slumber. He suspected they'd spent the night there because of the time of day. Were they grouped together? Perhaps traveling comrades? He did not know but he trotted to be closer than sat back on his haunches beside the first male. He was asleep, the morning light hitting him so it shocked Toby that he hadn't awakened yet. He raised his head back up to the male in the tree. Asleep as well, both looked to be not waking up for quite some time. He sighed a sigh of impatience. He wanted to know their purpose for being here.

Something about Fang's presence in Toby's mind made him rather possessive over every where he traveled and anyone he met. Was it an attractive trait? Probably not. He glared at the intruders who'd fallen asleep in the forest he felt he owned. After all he'd spent a whole week in the forest! Surely that invoked some right! He frowned again. "Wake up!" he suddenly barked towards the canine laying on the ground. Sure, he was in lupus form while the other guy was in optima, but that didn't matter to Toby. His arrogance led him to take charge without weighing the complicating factors within the conflict. Hopefully his bark would wake both of the intruders as he stood to wait on all his four paws.
Oh hey! Been preoccupied with my new pack that I forgot my LASKY posts. I'll just rewind to were I was still a loner.

Lukos was enjoying some sleep when someone shouted at him. He got up with a start, looking around to see who was there. There was a black wolf in Lupus form glaring at him, and another that looked like he was sleeping in a nearby tree. He looked again at the black wolf, returning his frown while sitting up. "What do you want? Don't you know that it's rude to wake someone up?". He was in a sour mood from his rude awakening, slowly reaching behind him incase the wolf started trouble. Not a great day to mess with me. Especially since this guy screwed up my nap. he thought. That's odd, the sun hasn't really changed. Ah crap, it's the next day!.

He looked around for his bag, spotting it on the lake's bank. He was lucky that no one stole it or that the water didn't take it away, and he knew it. He got up, holding his knife parallel to his leg so the other didn't see it, and picked up his bag. He looked inside to see if anything was stolen, and relieved to see that everything was still there. "What do you want?" he repeated, hoping that he wouldn't have to use his knife.
The loud uproar awoke Lance with a jolt. He soon thought he was in a mass of trouble until he surveyed the field and saw that another wolf had appeared and had awoken him and the other wolf he saw last night. Not wanting to cause any trouble he awoke quietly and sat on the ground to examine what would happen next.

"What do you want?". This command sounded very assertive and he wondered why the wolf sounded so angry. Then he realized that the the wolf in the tree appeared to have an object to his side. Lance did not know what it was so he set it aside as a minor question and assumed it was just food. Then Theracus remembered the other dog that had awoken him and the wolf in the tree. He turned his head to see that black lupus had almost all of his fous on the other wolf so he just sat quietly and watched the scene unfold.
OOC: Lukos is really a nice guy, he's just a little grumpy. :3

Lukos noticed out of the corner of his eye the wolf in the tree climb down from his perch. He sat down next to the tree he came from, so Lukos let him be. He returned his attention to the black wolf who so rudely woke him. "Well, I'm waiting for your explanation. What's your excuse?" His eyes narrowed. "Or do you not have one?" He was already beginning to not like this black wolf, and he hasn't even said anything yet.

Still, it's not acceptable to use his knife yet. It's only for when things get rough, as in the other wanted to pick a fight. And he will sorely regret that decision. He shouldn't get ahead of himself though. He needed to stay alert but relaxed, and strike when necessary.
Lance noticed that he was just an observer in the tense moment but he couldn't help but to break the tension."We are most likely in his land. He must think we are intruders." as he looked at the wolf perched in the tree. Lance knew that bringing himself into this may not be as smart as he realized that the wolf in the tree didn't know why he was here either."If you were wondering why I am here, I was hoping for some assistance. See I'm what you call a novice in this thing called survival, I know i can't do it on my own." Hoping the wolf responded with kindness and pity, Lance sat and contemplating what had just happened hoping that this doesn't end in a fight.
OOC:Isn't Lukos on the ground next to the lake like I wrote?

Lukos was staring at the wolf sitting on the ground when he bursted out laughing at what he said. "If you haven't noticed we're in the Dampwoods, where no one has a stake in exept the Anathema, which is where I'm heading." He wondered if that was true, if the black wolf really did think that. He turned to the black one, curious. "You don't honestly believe this is your land do you?" He shook his head, hoping that the wolf wasn't that stupid. He returned his gaze to the one sitting on the ground when he started explaining why he was here.

"Not much of a survivor huh? I wasn't either, but then I turned eleven months old." He chuckled at his private joke, stowing his knife in his bag, then took it back out when he remembered the branch. He walked around the black wolf, ignoring him, picking up the branch and started carving it. "I was actually about to start fishing, when I finished this spear. Any good at fishing?" He asked the sitting wolf. "If not, we could always eat him." he said, pointing at the black wolf. He paused, saying "I'm joking, I'm not a cannibal." he continued, carving the spear, wondering if he would use it for something else than fishing. Hopefully not.
OOC Yea my bad i'll change it. Thanks for pointing it out. Smile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance began to chuckle. "Well that would be interesting. Never had dog.".Then he thought about the question that the wolf had asked him. "Well never tried my hand at fishing but i'm most likely has bad as they come, but i'm willing to try, but what if i make a fool of himself trying to fish? Well i can't be that bad and this is the first help that i have had in weeks." .Then he realized that he had been talking aloud and though that he must look like such a fool arguing with himself.

At that moment he began to register what the wolf had said about the woods."Nobody survives these woods.Well if that is true then I need to see if I can go to this Anethama with this wolf." Lance thought to himself."You need a travling partner?" He asked the wolf.
My fourth attempt at trying to post this. I'll handle the double post, so don't sweat it. Also, eight months is really twelve years for humans.

Lukos looked up from his carving, smiling at the wolf speaking to himself. "you talk to yourself too? It happens when your lonely. Well, that's when I start talking to myself." He stopped carving his spear and looked at the stranger. "Never fished eh?" he said with a grin. "Watch this." He drove the half finished spear into the ground, carrying his knife with him.

He waded out in the lake, looking for a good fish. He finally spotted an old trout, swimming lazily around. He held the bottom of the knife's hilt between his thumb and index finger, like a pincer. Suddenly he flung the knife as hard and fast as he could at the trout, hitting it on the back, with it's blade digging in his scales three inches. The trout thrashed with all it's being, but the knife weighted it down long enough for Lukos to run up to it and grab it. He laughed at his luck, because he actually thought that it wouldn't work. "You learn tricks like that when you spend eight months of your life with fishers." he said with a grin. It only worked half the time went he attempted it, and mostly when it was old fish like the trout.

He put the trout out of his misery by chopping it's head off, then he waded back to the lakeside. "Here. Plenty more were that came from." He tossed the now decapitated trout to the wolf, walking past the black one and picked up the half finished spear. He started carving again when the wolf asked if Lukos needed a traveling partner. Lukos stopped carving, looking at the wolf with a half smile. He looked down at his spear, thinking about his question. "I guess you can travel with me, on one condition." He looked back up at the grey wolf, wondering how he would take the question. "What's your name?"
As the wolf waded over to the lake you wondered how could he catch a fish with a knife? The the wolf began to pinch the knife and flung it like a dart at the fish. The blade landed directly into the fish."How did he do that!Lance thought to himself. The wolf then grabbed the fish and cut it's head off. The wolf flung part of the fish at Lance and caught him off surprise.

Then the wolf agreed to let Lance travel with hi on one condition. He asked for his name.Lance thought this is an easy condition."My name is Lance, and what would yours happen to be may i ask? Then he wondered how much easier it would be to live with such an amazing fishermen."I know i'm probably asking for to much but do you think that you could teach me how to do that. I promise I will pay you back some how"

Then Lance turned his attention to the black wolf. He had been standing there for a while with no reaction. I guess that he had figured out that Lance and the other wolf were not invading just passing by.
OOC:I know that the knife thing is somewhat of a longshot, but he studied this move for 8 months of his life, and 8 Luperci months equals 12 human years. Adding the facts that he grew up in a fishing village where his elders would help him, and that it only works half the time against slow fish makes it believable.

"Lance huh? Not a bad name. My name's Lukos, which in an ancient human language means 'wolf'. My parents were fanatics in anything human, espically their history." He smiled at the memories of them in his head, then took on a solemn look. "They were tracking down a lead on a cache of human artifacts when some loners attacked us. In the confusion I ran away from the fight, to a nearby riverbank. I still don't know if they're alive." His face returned to it's usual happy-go-lucky expression as the thought sifted from his mind. "And that's how I became adopted into the fisher's village, then recently I was thrown out and started walking for Anathema. I already heard so much about them, from traders and loners who came by the village before I was thrown out." He left out the part where his parents were ex-omegas, in case the wolf scorned anyone with that status.

He looked at Lance when he requested to learn the fishing knife trick, wondering how complicated it would be to go thorough every detail of the trick. "I guess that I could teach you my little party trick on the road." He looked at the black wolf, who had so far been silent. "You coming along too, or are you going to stay in your 'territory?'" he said indicating the surrounding area.
OOC text:Sorry for just jumping in, It said all welcome right? I know I'm such a noob.:::

Aethusa was in Luperci form at the moment. She had out her dagger and was being startled by every noise around her. These were new forests for her. She suddenly crouched down. "Maybe if I just sat and listened for a moment. And got used to the sounds around me." Her ears perked up as she heard voices. That of males. She became very frightened, They might want to attack me! She thought frantically as she staggered to her feet. Her paws were sore and she needed to rest, but, as she peeked through some shrubs, she saw them. A grey wolf and a light grey wolf with brown patches. She tried not to breathe so loud. Her heart was beating with fear, and she was hot and sweaty.
She could feel her unbalanced position start to slip. She was crouching only on her two hind legs. Then suddenly she fell. "WHOA!" She yelped and the bushes rustled fierce. She had landed on a root. "Oww..." She rubbed her back. Then she realized quite commotion she had caused.

Aethusa realized that the root had wounded her back, and was bleed badly. Her face turned stone cold. She was frozen in fear. Oh no! They had to have heard me! I'm so clumsy! This thought boomed in her head. "Let's hope there friendly!" She whined to herself quietly. She had been hurt to bad on her way in the forest because of all of the new scents and sounds, she had been a jinx. Her paws hurt to bad to get up, her skin was scratched by thorns, and now her back badly injured? She didn't care what these wolves did to her, she was beat already. If they wanted to beat her more, fine. Let them. She panted for air as she lay on her back in the bushes where she had made a hole in because of her fall. Her eyes were shut and her hand-like paws open. Her ears lay flat, her tail flicking, just to show somewhat of life in her. Even though you could see her chest rising and lowing as she breathed. Suddenly she got used to the sounds. They were very peacful to her now, and then she got optimistic for once in her life. "I'm pretty sure these wolves are nice."
Everything seemed to be going well. Everything went off without a hitch. In just a few short moments Lance had found a traveling partner and might learn how to fish."This can't get any better!"Lance thought to himself. Then he noticed a loud crack followed by a thud.With instinct taking over he suddenly took a defensive position and crouched with his arms extended."What was that?"he said startled with fear.

Lance turned towards where the sound came from. He noticed a large hole in the bush and looked up and saw a branch above the bush."Had someone been watching him this whole time?He decided to confront this possible enemy or at least figure out who it is."Is anybody there!" he hoped that there would be no answer and if there was and this was a threat he hope that Lukos could defend himself or better yet defend me.
Aethusa attempted to reply. "I mean no harm." She whined and tried to push herself up, but she was to weak and failed. She fell to the ground with a thud again. She whined. I must sound like such a wimp! She thought. Her fur was bristling on end, she could tell it was the gray wolf's voice. She could tell it was him because she had heard and seen him talking to be what must've been his companion. You could hear in her voice that she was heat and no major threat unless she pulled out her dagger which she had put back in it's case that was tied around her left ankle, just before her fall. She used all of her strength just to push her self on her belly. "Rrr." She huffed. All her back could feel was pain, it was to numb to feel the blood staining her fur. Then she pushed herself up on her hands, then she was in a crouching position. She was to weak to turn back into a lupine. So she walked towards the voice limping like a dog. There were leaves, thorns and brambles stick in her fur, especially her braid. Her eyes flashed the one blue eye was closed so was her other amber eye. Her teeth gritted in pain. Then she lowered her body to the ground and laid down. Then she squinted her odd eyes. "I wasn't spying on you I swear." She mumbled.
He heard the voice respond."Well she may mean no harm but i can't take my chances." so Lance walked towards the now laying down wolf still in a defensive state. She seemed to be in great pain.I think you may need medical attention."It seemed that she was in no state to harm him and she said she was not a spy. Lance decided to accept this so he lowered his defenses."and while were at it, what is your name? Also, i don't think that i could help but do either one of you fine gentlemen mind helping her?" He said with a smirk trying to seem as friendly as possible.

"Oh and while i'm at it,i haven't ate this fish yet and it's still fresh. Do you want it. Eating may help keep your mind off of the pain." He said extending the fish towards the injured wolf.
Aethusa was so embarrassed. These wolves were nice.
"Uh... my name is Aethusa Ageir, but just call me Aethusa." She looked at the wolf trying to push herself up to eat the fish that she ate with one chomp. "Thank you she nodded. Oh, really I think all I need is a bandage." She chuckled as she finally was given the strength from the fish to sit. She could see that she was surrounded by three males now. Her eyes got wide. Her nose twitched. She had a loss of words. The pathetic excuse of a whimper came out of her. She felt awkward. She would've liked to help these wolves out, in what ever thing they needed, or just be on her way after some type of advice to heal her wound, and how to get out of this dreaded forest. She turned back to Lance. "What's your name." She smirked, finally revealing her right eye (Light greyish ice blueish) and her left amber eye. Her long lashes fluttered just to make some type of reaction jolt in this wolf. She loved randomly flirting with males. Even though this wolf was maybe a few inches taller than her, and she could tell he was her age.
OOC-Sorry about the satchel. I forgot to add this at the start of the topic.
_________________________________________________________________________________
"Wow she really was hungry!" Lance thought."Well it's nice to meet you and my name is Lance." "So can i ask what you are doing in these woods. Hopefully not about to die like me and I have to thank that gray wolf over there for saving me. His name is Lukos" He said hoping that Lukos wasn't offended that he had introduced him.

"So her name is Aethusa huh. Well that name is certainly different and her eyes are so strange yet beautiful." He could not stop himself from staring at them. He took him almost a minute to realize that he was staring and he turned away sharply as he smiled with embarrassing. He knows that there is no possible way that she didn't notice this." Well about your wound. I just so happen to know where a bandage is". He went into the bushes and appeared later holding a small satchel. He just remembered he had brought this from a old house he had found about a week ago.Lance rummaged through the satchel until finally revealing a roll of bandages."Well I really don't know how to use this so maybe you could do it or someone can help?" He noticed how much he was flirting so he tried to tone it own from now on.
OOC - oh gosh sorry. Been preoccupied with plots and forgot... Y'all post fast! Because I was behind this is going to be a huge post. :3
-----------------

The male was pissed at Toby's aggression, though the German shepherd seemed oblivious to the rage in his voice as he sharply replied with a short, "Who are you?!" Knowing full and well this wasn't information the wolf luperci wanted he was in the mood to piss people off. As he stood in lupus form before the male a noise made his ears twitched. Another scent crossed his nose and he recognized the other luperci as he dismounted the tree and quietly watched them. The first wolf spoke again in a rude tone of voice making Toby press his ears back in defiance. "Two loners together could be a sign of trouble." he growled back loudly without knowing they weren't traveling together already. The quiet male spoke at last, revealing beliefs that Toby actually was part of a pack. Ha! The grumpy luperci in front of him grumbled on about how neutral the area was. He was right of course; these were not pack lands.

Attention shifted, slightly dampening the tense atmosphere between Toby and the first male. Pointless chatter of survival rang about and shifted to fishing. There was a point where the black dog growled at Lukos for suggesting he be eaten. He didn't know the half of cannibalism to joke about it. Soon Toby grew annoyed and went to lay in the corner of their little spot, pretending to be oblivious to the ignorant men in his opinion. If the Lance fellow couldn't fish that was dang right his problem. Ignoring how impressive of a fisher the Lukos seemed to be he began to think badly of the male. Blah, blah, blah. I'm a fisherman, blah blah, mocked Toby to himself while rolling his ebony eyes. It was the stab of jealousy that filled him at the thought of growing up with fishermen, since he had always wanted to be one, that furthered dislike in Toby's mind for Lukos.

A thud rang out, Toby picked his head up and swung it in the direction. Breeze passed: female and blood scent. He stood, ignoring the scaredy cat named Lance, moving so he saw the woman lying on her bleeding back in a heap. His heart skipped. Knowing women were in trouble always made him want to be super man. He began to phase, his bones crunching and body expanding to his huge optime form where his muscles were visible and his body was naked aside from scars and faded red patches from his tattoos. Lance and the woman talked back and forth as he tried to help her. If he could give her medical help then Toby would no longer be bothered by the weaker loner. As they spoke she managed to rise and introduce herself. Meanwhile Toby took a back seat, stretching out his luperci body. Finally the flirting started and his tail gently wagged at her cute eyes and long lashes. He smirked at Lance's reaction until the bandage was questioned.

"Allow me," he said as he stepped forward, taking the bandage gently from the other male. His black eyes connected to the female's. "I'm Toby. You don't mind me helping, right?" If she said she didn't then he moved behind her to inspect what had happened. She was right, it wasn't too bad. He would of began to pick out plants and sticks from the lovely fur, trying to be careful of her pain. The last thing he wanted was to harm her more. His bad mood aside he would have stepped to her side to check her face as he spoke with his charming smile, "Perhaps we should clean it first? Bandages aren't any good if your wound's infected." He paused to wait for her response, fiddling with the bandage Lance had gotten stolen from him.
Sorry I hadn't read Toby's post so I'll have to edit this post X3

Aethusa blushed as Toby apporched, She was speechless. She really had no defense, and she didn't really see it as a flirt just a helping hand. "I guess we should clean it, and cotton," She spoke softly. "Can stop the bleeding. She suggested. One of her fears was that these males would start to fight over her if she stuck with them. Let's hope they don't start to get jealous. Aethusa thought, she was guessing that this is what pack life was like. Being helped out a lot was something she liked. She would like to be more of a help, by hunting and being some what of a medical service. She was okay at both. Her braid spiked as she sensed Toby's breath. When ever she felt a threat, felt awkward, or was blushing, her braid would spike up. Mostly because her braid was still attached to her mane. Her eyes fluttered. She didn't know how to keep the males at bay without them flirting with her all the time, which actually, she quite liked. She was getting used to all of these new wolf smells. She looked up at Toby. She nodded with a smile. Then she looked at the two wolves. "If you need a helping hand around here I will be more than welcomed to be a hunter or of medical assistance." A little smile came from to her face.