What Lies Beneath
[html]

Word Count » 479 :: Out of character text here.

Robert seemed to try to make his life and anything around it far more difficult than it should be. There were so many solutions she could see to his “problem” yet the only one she’ll give him was the simplest.

“Why not read outside, on your roof or in a meadow. Then you can just get a glimpse of something you’ve missed a long time. You can do that anywhere. I read in the trees. I tend to see lots of prey animals go about their business and i watch them for a little while. You have a long life ahead of you. There is more to it than reading... isn’t there?”

So he was a bookworm. It seemed he was the type to lock himself up just to read the next one. Her mother was like that. She was as much of a bookworm as he, though sometimes she would sit with Eclipse and read to her out in a clear area of patched snow, or out on the porch. It was her that taught Eclipse to read and the thought of her mother nearly brought her to tears.... had it been nearly a year since she had seen the woman? Had she been gone that long? She shook her head moving her thoughts back to the house. It was quiet but it was quaint, and as he spoke she lifted an eyebrow.

“paint?”

She was sure she knew what it meant... but painting just sounded like something humans did. This was a pack of the arts but she thought, that crafting like leather working, woodworking, and stuff like cooking or dancing, or singing.... but painting? She hadn’t even seen the border tree nor did she know it existed so to know that a wolf painted was a little outragious to her. Then again. If one could write one could paint. The young woman was not interested in such things though. She cracked a grin at him.

“Well if you keep putting it like that ANYTHING is better than a tree trunk.”

She said, but admittedly she would again sleep outside unless she knew it would rain. Looking around she wasn’t all too picky. She knew the stone buildings were sturider than the wooden ones and she didn’t need anything big for herself as it would be just her living there.

“I’m not a picky wolf so this one is open and it’s small. I’ll take it.”

Though she had nothing but her bow and her quiver and the necklace that Saul had given to her and the jar of saffron she had hidden somewhere in the territory. That was all the belongings she had. She had nothing to show this was her home and she showed it on her face.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

(341) I have been coding a profile for the past hour and my brain is on the frizz. ;m; And Robert is totally like, "But reading IS LIFE!!"

He became stumped as Eclipse again made a valid point against his argument. He did not like that, when she proved him wrong in some way. "What if I fall off my roof or a tree? What if beasts attack me? he asked rhetorically, almost like an excuse to her words. What he said were true possibilities, but it was a pessimistic outlook. "It is easier to read about life from the safety of my home than to risk my own going off doing things that need not to been done."

Why get myself killed for something pointless, he thought again in his mind. He thought leaving his house to hunt was enough danger for him, being surrounded by strangers and other unknown beings. Robert wanted to stick to what he knew--books--for as long as he could. If it ended up being his whole life, he may as well enjoy it. Better to die of old age with a good book on his side than to get hurt by something else.

For a moment, he thought about saying something against the stars, that they were not anything but bits of lights and far away nothings, but at least kept his mouth shut about that. He was disagreeable, but he tried his best not to be rude.

He blinked as she seemed to ask what paint was, but he was certain that she must have had a vague idea of it. "You know... Colorful liquid, making images with it? Painting? There are a few artists here, or at some point or another, that does that. It is kind of like drawing... if you know what that is. I..." He trailed off as he cut himself off, and jumped onto the next topic a bit too quickly.

"Because it is true, of course," he stated simply with a grin. His lips curled even further as Eclipse said that she would take the house, though they faltered as she seemed concerned with something. "What's wrong?" he asked quizzically, unsure of what could be wrong.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 357 :: OOC: Love how they are so very different. LOL

She blinked. Her face a stare of incredulity. Was he really that paranoid? Did he think that anything and everything bad was going to happen? What had the poor man been reading to keep him locked up in a room. Though instead of comforting him she burst out laughing.

“You are asking the wrong girl. I got myself caught in traps, nearly drowned, had a run in with a cougar... I’m still fine. We are wolves wolves take risks to live a fulfilled life. You should take a risk... to sit beside a tree or just outside your home. It won’t hurt you i swear on my life. It is invigorating, enthralling, and I have learned far more about plants than anything a book can tell me. Has there been a book that taught you how to hunt say?”

She asked raising an eyebrow. Surely he’s hunted before. What wolf in their right mind wouldn’t hunt? The thought was ludicrous to think about and yet she had the oddest feeling of what his answer was going to be. She rolled her eyes as he spoke of painting.

“I know what it is...sort of but I didn’t think wolves did such a thing. I have drawn in the dirt as a puppy and I knew some people drew in their books but... painting is so... well difficult to come by I suppose. I have seen paintings but not how it was done.”

So apparently she had shown something to the boy who thought such a thing as common knowledge, but of course it wasn’t, not in the packs she had been in. Not in the lifestyles she had been accustomed to. At his words she made her face blank.

“It’s... it’s nothing really. I am just overwhelmed is all.”

She was lying through her teeth and she knew it, but she didn’t want the man to feel sorry for her, not now. He was treating her like a decent part of the pack, she wasn’t going to make people feel sorry for her now.

<style>
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]
(443) I love it too. They just butt heads so amusingly. xD And Robert is a loser at comebacks like me.

He stared right back at her, refusing to back down from what he said. He felt like his words were true enough, that they're were definitely possible. It had happened before, not to him per say, but it affected him enough that it may as well have been him. Expecting for her to agree, he was surprised when she had started laughing, now his turn to blink at her unbelievably. At first, he thought she found his point funny, or thought he was weak and thought it amusing, and the idea of him being laughed at riled him up.

But, before he could get too cross and say something rash, she began to describe more dangerous events in her life without the slightest hints to show that she was bluffing. Being inside of a burning building in the middle of a raging snowstorm was starting to sound better than the things Eclipse had started to list off. He was appalled that all those things happened to her, yet she still went about doing things that could end her. Robert began to think if he was as unlucky as her, he would not leave his house even for the most important of reasons.

Yet, he listened to her point that she was making, finding that she was actually, most likely right, though he did not want to admit defeat. When she questioned him about his hunting, he became a little offended. "My parents taught me to hunt, thank you." Not to mention he was not that good at it. "Besides, I'm sure someone made a pamphlet for it. If not, I could make one to aid someone that would be interested." But, thinking about it further, it seemed impossible, but Eclipse did not have to know that he knew that.

Again, he became a bit annoyed that she was being evasive, but he unscrewed his face and smoothed it over with a sigh. He was not good with people, and he did not like it when others hid things from him. It was like a book had suddenly shut itself from him because it did not want him to read something about it. "You're lying," he stated simply, though it was not accusingly and instead soft, or at least what he attempted to be kind.

"You can tell me, you know, what's wrong." What had she not told him already? She shared what seemed to be a personal secret with him earlier, so what was something that made her sad? "Is it the house?" he asked, hoping to pin whatever was bothering her. "I swear its not too bad once you get used it."

[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 507 :: OOC: Oh he's gone and done it now. She'll definitely make sure her challange is accepted now even if she has to drag him out of his house >Big Grin

A sly grin wrapped around her face as he spoke of his parents teaching him how to hunt. A glint in her eyes. This was something she had to coax out of him for sure.

“Oh really now! This is something I really have to see! You’ll just have to prove that won’t you?”

The young girl was a fine hunter. A quick killer in both bow and natural hunting skills. She was sure he would back down on this but she wasn’t going to back down on him. She wasn’t one to push too hard but for someone like him she just wanted to taunt him. To see what he really was made of. Her smile grew a little as he spoke of making a pamphlet. She was astounded that he would even think of such a thing. A wolf never learned to do things ONLY by reading. They learned to do things by making the mistakes that their ancestors before them made and learning from them.

It seemed he saw right through her lie. She glared at him, frustration heated up inside her, her joy now gone to being upset. Her eyes almost turned red with anger. Fine if he wanted to know.

“I’ve got nothing!” She blurted out. Her voice echoing loud in the house they stood in. Her arms pushed down as though she was trying to throw something or slam them against something. “Every thing I had, is gone, my pots, pans, my tools, my life, my everything! It’s all gone! Traded away or given to other people or something. I’ve got nothing!

Tears were threatening to leave her eyes again but she bit her lip, not wanting to cry again, not wanting to show anymore weakness than she could. She blamed herself. She did not blame anyone who had taken any of her stuff, but it hurt to know it was all gone. She knew it would be. It was good stuff, who wouldn’t salvage it? It took many deep breaths for her to calm herself she had to look away from him when her eyes teared up. Her vision now blurry and her arms crossed over her chest in the coat that the young man let her borrow. It was rather itchy against her fur but that did not bother her as much as telling him that she possessed nothing. Any memory she had of her father, her mother, her origional family was lost. Or even her second or third. She had always had something. And then there were those things she salvaged, that had the good memories. That pot she wore on her head when she was younger getting a laugh out of a few of her packmates, the coin that she had played with Melee with was gone. She was surprised the scarf was still there and the few tiny things that meant so little to her she held onto but never anything with a meaning...

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]
(518) Rob will be all Mr. Frostypants the entire time and gripe. |:< And Rob doesn't know what to do. xD; He never dealt with emotional people before.

He saw the playful look in her eyes, and he immediately disliked it. It could mean nothing but trouble, especially from a woman who went through some much trouble in her life. All that turmoil certainly did not come up to her by chance--she must have been one of those adventurous types at one point or another, the ones that he read about in a few of his fictional books. Good never befell on them in the journeys... Well, they did have the happy ending, but they had to go through so many impossible obstacles, and Robert simply did not want to be troubled with things that were akin to that.

"I'm a good hunter, I'll show you, alright!" he stated in defensive of himself, perhaps a bit too loudly than his usual even tone. He was somewhat aware that he was the best man when it came to hunting, but surely he was better than Eclipse at least, or so he thought. He could show her up, prove that he was adequate enough for her standards. Little did he know that he was actually being reeled in by the woman, blinded by his pride and the fire to show that he could do things that did not concern books. "Name a time, place, and I'll prove that I can hunt. I'll show you," he repeated with a huff, crossing his arms over his chest.

Robert had expected a, more or less, calm response instead of the emotional words that spilled quickly and loudly from her lips, despite seeing the rising anger that appeared on her face. When she started to move her arms around wildly, he backed away slightly, and roughly hit the frame that led into the room they were in. He spoke a tiny, automatic "ow", but it was easily drowned out by the other's shouting. He set the lantern down as he used his hands to rub the spot the wall had sore, and looked back at Eclipse. He had thought she would still look hellish, but again he was taken aback by her wet eyes. For a moment, he tried to think what he'd done wrong, but he had no time to think.

"Its going to be okay, miss Eclipse,", he said, a bit cautious as he slowly re-approached her, since she did not know if she was going to have another heated outburst or start bawling. He regretted asking her what was wrong, and could only blame himself for making her do this. Tentatively, he placed a hand on her shoulder that slightly faced away from him, his cream hand unsure but at least trying. "You can have some of my books... I think I have pots that I can bear without, too. And I think the stables has some hammers, and...

"Don't cry, please," he pleaded, almost childishly. He caused this, he knew it, and he wanted to take it all back. He did not want to make her upset, and he did not know how to make her happy again like a few moments ago. He just didn't know.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 305 OOC: Blah Crappy post :|

The despair she was in she did not get the chance to even tell him when or where he could prove to her, but either way she would have told him that she would find the day and time herself and surprise him, but now she was feeling self pity and didn’t even notice the poor man hurt himself. She was angry with herself, with her family with her stuff. Basically with everything. She sniffled a little, feeling stupid and young as he tried his best to make her feel better but she pulled her ears back.

“Your things have little meaning... did you play a game with a coin or made a friend with your pots and pans, or played the drums with the tools? No... they had more meaning than what they were used for... thank you for the offer...”

She said, turning so that she could get rid of her tears “privately. Which just meant frantic wiping of her eyes. She took a few deep breaths and turned back to look at him

“I’m sorry, I’m not a baby or anything... just it’s overwhelming. I come back to come home and it’s all gone...”

She said softly to the man who seemed about to run out if she didn’t stop. This of course was her opinion and she wasn’t sure what he was ready to do, but she knew that he thought little of her just from the way she acted. He probably thought she was crazy or something. Eclipse looked down at ther hands.

“Thank you, for helping me at least... it is a nice place I do think I’ll keep this house.”

She didn’t feel like going through other houses, knowing they would probably all be the same.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]
(484) God, I don't think Rob can be any more awkward.

He had totally forgotten about the hunting proposition since Eclipse's sudden outburst, and with his luck, probably will only remember it at the last moment, when it was too late to change his mind when he realized that it could only end poorly on his side. At that moment, though, it did not matter. She was now sniffling, and it made Robert feel even worse.

Her words lashed at him, and he could only hide his sad frown under a cold, indifferent mask. But, his frost-like eyes could not lie; though he was not hurt, she could probably tell that he took what she had said to heart. No, he did not have meaningful items to lose like she had. In fact, the books he held close to him were things he could live without if it came down to it... He was still able to empathized with her, though. He did not misplace a pot, or a coin, though. He had lost a brother before, and the familiar pain stung him.

His hand remained on her shoulder as she turned further away from him to rub her face, especially her eyes, and felt the ragged gulps of air that she breathed in. He was silent as he allowed her to speak without a comment, until she stated the finality of the house they stood in. He was quiet for a moment longer, though he did not once look away from the other's sad, blue gaze.

But, when he started speaking, his eyes fluttered to the floorboards. "I don't think you are being childish," he started slowly, picking his words carefully. "I understand how you feel... And its perfectly fine. I know how it feels to having something missing, knowing that you cannot find it, no matter how hard you look." For a moment, his frosty gaze melted, but it soon hardened once more. It was often to explain without more words. "I am glad you like this house, though..." He thought about offering his help to restock without implying that what she once had was replaceable, but decided against it.

Realizing that his hand was still on her shoulder, he quickly withdrew it, and stared even harder at the floor. "If you want, you can take it off now. But, keep it, as a gift in case you need it again," he stated as he motioned to his waistcoat, his voice once more its usual seriousness like it was when they were in the woods. He picked up his lantern, and started to lean towards the exit. "If you need any further assistance with your house, you know where I live."

He took a step towards the door, but paused, and looked back at Eclipse. For a second, he seemed unsure. "...Do you need any help now?" he asked, as if reluctant to suddenly leave for once and wanted a reason to stay.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 301 OOC: OH he can >Big Grin. She'll be like his older sister and put him into so many odd predicaments hahaha also can end with your post or now, whichever Smile

Her words had an even more deeper meaning, but not one even she knew for it still hurt her too much. She spread herself with such items so that she wouldn’t have to feel exposed as she was now. She stopped, slowly even Robert was trying to make her feel better. At his words she turned back to him, and could see something... but couldn’t make of it. She was about to ask him what he lost, but it seemed the subject came and went and her opportunity was lost. He spoke and started for the exit, was she really that bad of company? Well sure... she just cried in front of him... twice aready! Blinking her tears away she wiped at her eyes again, making sure they were entirely gone and as he motioned the coat, she held onto it with her hand, but did not take it off. She was speechless. To give something he never had any intentions to give away... She could only give him a sad smile. If only she knew that her cries over material things were null and void compared to his brother. She swallowed and shook her head.

“No, you have been so much help already.... I have taken far too much of your time. Thank you so much for everything.”

There was no hint of the anger or the fact she had cried a gush of tears in her voice, but it was meaningful. She was very thankful for the young man and she just stood in her now home wearing a coat she was unfamiliar with, waiting for the man to leave before she would let any other thoughts that would bring her to tears come again, for she knew they were there, on the surface.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]