with trembling eyes
Set in the late afternoon/early evening. Base of Halcyon Mountain.
[html]
[/html]Since visiting her mom in Anathema, Wraith had thrown herself back into training. Although she scouting everyday, she hadn’t been practicing with her bow in arrow nearly as much. She supposed this made sense; after all, she was a scout and not a warrior. But she needed something to occupy her mind, since patrolling the borders was decidedly less difficult than trying to improve her aim. And now, she had managed to practice so much that she was exhausted and didn’t want to look at the bow and arrow ever again. Both of her arms were sore: her left from the string snapping against the inside of her elbow and her right from holding the string taut.

She needed to patrol. After she looped around the territory once, she still wasn’t satisfied. It had taken her a few hours to make it all the way around and she’d caught a rabbit on the journey. But she still wasn’t satisfied. So, she decided to wander northeast of Inferni. She remembered that Sage had left Inferni to join Ichika no Ho-en and Wraith wondered if she could go there to find her. She didn’t want to bother Valkyrie about her concerns, since her sister already knew them--mostly, but she also didn’t want to talk to anyone else in Inferni about it. She was well-acquainted with Vesper, but didn’t think it was her sort of ‘thing’; and she didn’t know Max, Myrika, Ithiel, or Sparrow well enough to confess her concerns. Really, she just kind of wanted to go swimming with Sage.

She picked her way along the base of the mountain, moving at a comfortable pace. She paused long enough to survey her surroundings, only then noticing how far she had strayed from Inferni. From the base of the mountain, she could see trees and trees--but not Inferni. [html]
[/html]
WC::316 OOC::Mido's wearing his brown khakis... =D

[html]

Mido moved around his den with his pack in hand; loading It with an abundance of stuff. Pencils, notebooks, lighter, rope, Kamas, knives and bo-staff… think I got everything I need. He spoke to himself as he shouldered the pack. He grabbed whatever he could imagine would make for a good time while out and about. He really only grabbed the hand carved wood staff to use as a walking stick, he didn’t imagine actually using it or practicing with it. The half and half left the sanctity of the dim candle lit caves and traveled westward. The male hovered at the edge of Anathema’s border; he gazed around before leaving the safety of the pack lands. Not feeling like trekking any part of the mountain itself, he followed along the base and just continued onward.

The multicolored mix wondered what he was after on this trip. Maybe I’ll set a trap and catch something. I could chase me down some food. Or I might find myself a pet? Hmmm…. The male’s thoughts had been bit random, when he realized how ridiculous he was he could only shake his head and chuckle. In any direction he looked, he could see nature’s reign. From a far distance ahead the hybrid could see the slight movement of another through the dense forest. Stopping in a small clearing the Anatheman wasn’t certain if he need have concern for himself. His staff was in hand and his other weapons were at easy access also. Mido stayed put and waited where he was, the smell coming from the canine wreaked of a pack he knew nothing of and yet to encounter. Hello there. He spoke loudly in the direction of the other, they were in unclaimed territory, the mix wasn’t going to start off by being rude, Anathema wasn’t soft but he was not going to start by being rude.

[/html]
I don't think Wraith's ever seen anyone wearing clothes, so she'll be like "wut are you doing." (WC: 332)
[html]
[/html]A flurry of movement caught Wraith’s attention. It came from the east, to her left, so she assumed that it would be someone from her mother’s pack: Anathema. The taste in her mouth soured for a moment before she pushed those thoughts away. She didn’t want her mother ruining her life anymore, so she would just have to not think about it too much. Pretending it was okay wasn’t healthy, but she didn’t want to just always be mad. It didn’t sound very fun. But that didn’t mean she had to like anyone from that stupid, smelly wolf pack. She frowned when the figure drew closer as she realized the thing was carrying some sort of stick in its hands. He also had some sort of tree stuck to his legs and he looked very stupid. She wondered why he was wearing so many leaves on his legs. They didn’t even look very green. They looked kind of brown and dead, so she imagined that they were quite hard and itchy.

The thing said hello and Wraith tried not to stare at his leaves. When she glanced up to his eyes, she noticed that his face was all splotchy with all sorts of colours mashed up across his nose. A peek around his leaf legs revealed a curly tail, which was odd, too. She wondered what he did with that. Could he still wag his tail? Maybe he had turned it into a weapon.

“Hiya,” she replied. She was so busy thinking about how weird this thingy (not a wolf but not a coyote either) was that she didn’t even bother to frown or say something mean. “Why do you have leaves on your legs?” Even though she was by no means a sheltered girl—she’d already taken her first kill for the clan, but didn’t think it meant anything in terms of maturity; just the ability to do it—she didn’t understand what he was doing with dead trees on him.[html]
[/html]
WC::309 OOC:: Lol, I could have sworn I put pants on!
[html]

The Anatheman was completely uncertain about the oncoming canine, so he figured the best bet would be to wait patiently. The coyote woman returned a greeting of her own and caught the Marbas off guard with her comment. Leaves, what? He asked in a sort of hushed confused, concerned voice, he quickly almost embarrassingly glanced down to his legs. No I didn’t forget. I am to wearing my pants. Returning his sights to her he raised an over curious eyebrow bearing his dual colored eye. They’re my pants, you know… clothing. He couldn’t imagine wearing leaves, the mutt would be too preoccupied with itching himself all the time. Maybe the mottled colored girl hadn’t seen clothes before, granted some canines just absolutely refused to wear them a lot seemed to enjoy the idea, like a fashion.

The male still knew nothing about the woman in front of him. I’m Mido, you have a name stranger? If she had one he would prefer she not remain the mystery girl. He thought it a bit strange that this girl kind of reminded him of Aeron, he didn’t make a connection between the two. He hadn’t the slightest idea she was her daughter, and if he found out he wold be shocked to say the least. The female heavily smelled of a pack he had yet to encounter, but she didn’t seem like a threat, so he didn’t feel the need to go for any of his weapons. He hadn’t actually visited another pack yet, so he hadn’t formed any opinions about anyone in particular except for Amy, everyone had an opinion about that woman. The Huskadore would probably benefit from meeting a few canines from the other packs, if only to say he’d met them and learned some other customs or ideas. The multicolored male was a very open minded individual.

[/html]
I would feel bad for Mido if I had a soul. :l But I don't so HA MIDO.
[html]
[/html]He seemed confused, which didn’t really make sense to Wraith, since she was the one who was curious about his tree-legs. Shouldn’t he have a good explanation why he was wearing leaves on his legs? Or, at least, make something up. Or maybe—and this was far more likely—he was just crazy and couldn’t explain any of it. There was a pause as the dog looked down at his legs, frowning, and then responded, confusion clear in his eyes.

“No, I don’t know. What are pants? Is that what you call leaves when you put them on your legs? That’s stupid. You shouldn’t wear them. You look weird,” she informed him. It was true, after all, and she didn’t really see the point in lying to the poor thing.

“Of course I have a name,” she replied, almost snappishly. But she was more perplexed about the wording of his sentence than anything. Everyone had a name; that was a silly question. “I’m Wraith Creed,” she added for good measure, in case he thought that she didn’t have a name. That would be even sillier than wearing leaves—and that was a rather ridiculous thing to do in the first place![html]
[/html]
[html]

It was very apparent to the male that she hadn’t the slightest idea what clothing was. Once she was finished speaking her mind about the khakis he wore, all he could do was shrug and smile, amused with the idea. So he looked weird, it didn’t make sense to just take his pants off to appease her, not that it would. Clothing, it’s a kind of fabric, real nice and convenient when it gets cold. He didn’t know the difference between what types of fabric, only that they felt different. I guess I’m just little weird then. The multicolored mix found it only a bit strange that she had never seen clothes before.

The Marbas asked earlier if she had a name, she strongly insisted that she did. He assumed she had one but he didn’t know it. When the coyote female spoke her name the mutt cocked his head with inquiry. He had heard that name before from somebody but he just couldn’t remember. Wraith Creed… Where have I heard that name? The thought would bother him to no ends. Where are you from Wraith? It was an honest question, the smell that she carried was strong and foreign to Mido, and he didn’t know a thing about where she had been from. Placing his hands on his bow-staff he rested on the wooden stick.

[/html]
[html]
[/html]When Mido explained what they were, she nodded—finally—in understanding. She knew what cloth was, but didn’t realize you could wrap it around your legs. She supposed that since she was a scout and spent a lot of time on four legs, she’d never seen anyone wearing anything like that. Moreover, she didn’t think that anyone in Inferni did things like that since it looked odd and out of place. But he seemed to think that it was normal, which could only suggest that wherever he was from (Anathema, probably) it was normal. Weird.

“Cold? What about your fur?” she asked when he mentioned wearing it for warmth. The cloth that she’d seen in Inferni was very thin and not anywhere as warm as fur. From the look of him, he was covered in fur and seemed to be much, much fluffier than Wraith. In comparison, she was thin and sleek: very much the coyote.

“Inferni,” she replied. “You’re from Anathema, aren’t you?” she added. He was so close to their borders and Wraith didn’t think he smelled like the pack Sage had joined. She watched as he leaned on his big long stick and tried to catch a better whiff of his scent. Yep: he was from Anathema all right. She would recognize that scent for as long as she lived.[html]
[/html]
OOC:: Sorry 4 teh wait. Is back, and my muse also I think :3

[html]

She wasn’t too far off; some of his double coated fur was a great asset, but clothes were nice too. He only started wearing some form of clothing after his fur freezing incident one winter. Mido’s teeth chattered as he clearly recalled the cold day he fell into the river and became a Huskadore-popsicle. Yes you’re right, thank god I have fur. I would be miserable without it. He easily commented to the coyote’s question, fur at times just wasn’t enough. Not having any fur would be a little on the embarrassing side.

Wraith answered his question; she came from a territory known as Inferni. Honestly never heard of it. The multicolored mix aside from the woman in front of him hadn’t met nor interacted with another living in her pack. ... and yeah! I am from Anathema, have you been there before? Mido made sure to avoid making any kind assumptions, he wasn’t certain if she knew he was Anathema because she had visited or that he smelled of home and they weren’t far from it. The coyote woman hit the nail right on the head. He combed her over with his cold blue eyes, unsure what to make of her. She seems okay, not like she’s gonna rip my face off or anything. The Marbas was getting any strange vibes from her. You called your home Inferni, is it a nice place? What are you to them? He asked the female inquisitively. He tried to remain respectful and courteous, but his curiosity was getting the best of him. He wondered if he was beginning to come off as nosy or obnoxious, not like he meant to be. If it wasn’t a terrible place maybe he’d visit, the male was all for learning new things and willing to meet new canines.

[/html]
Great, welcome back!
[html]
[/html]Wraith nodded quickly when the dog thanked god for his fur. Of course he would have it: what kind of wolf or dog didn’t have fur? That was just stupid and probably impossible. If they didn’t have enough fur, they’d freeze to death. Simple as that. But she supposed it didn’t really matter anyhow. Now that she had a name for his leaflegs (pants, a type of clothing) she was pleased. She really was a scout after all since she had done a marvelous job of extracting that information.

Wraith was surprised that he had never heard of Inferni. She was about to tell him more about it and inform him that Inferni and Anathema were not really friends when she realized that he probably wouldn’t tell her much if she did that. Instead, she’d skirt around it and see what he would tell her about Anathema. She was a scout after all.

“I’ve been to Anathema,” she replied with a nod. She tried not to show how much she disliked it. It really was a gross place, mostly because her mother was there. It was that stupid pack’s fault that her mother was a traitor.

“Inferni is very nice. I’m a border guard and a hunter. I’m also trying to learn more about reading and writing. What’s Anathema like? I know a bit about it. Aeron’s a leader there, isn’t she? She seems nice,” she explained. She accompanied this with a sweet smile. It was mostly true, after all: she participated in just as many hunts with the clan as she did scouting, so it wasn’t entirely false.[html]
[/html]
WC:: 336 OOC:: xD

[html]

Wraith had said she had been to Anathema before. Great. This made Mido feel only mildly stupid, he hadn’t even heard of her pack and she had been to his. His eyes remained focused and his ears alert as she spoke. The coyote woman talked a bit about a bit about her home, and then asked a few questions concerning Anathema. That’s cool. The female’s smile had made him feel that she was genuinely curious and unbiased about the land of misfits. Anathema is great; it’s dark and homey, probably a bit more appealing to a trouble maker. He gave the woman a wide assuring smile. Aeron? Yeah, she is one of the leaders there. He let out a light hearted chuckle when she mentioned that the golden vixen seemed nice, maybe she didn’t know her well enough. Nice, I guess you could say that. It certainly was true that Aeron could be nice, that didn’t mean she wasn’t a little bit twisted or creepy at times. The Marbas had to stop momentarily; something she said didn’t make sense to him. Do you know Aeron? He asked with an inquisitively raised eyebrow, bearing the split colors of his left eye. Mido hadn’t the slightest clue the two packs didn’t get along, and If he did he probably wouldn’t care too much about it. His philosophy was all about the here and now, which was Wraith Creed and himself.

With the wooden bo-staff in his left hand he adjusted the straps on his back pack as they were rubbing irritatingly against his shoulders. The multicolored mix couldn’t quite peg what had changed, but the air felt different then what it once was. The evening had fully set in granted it wasn’t dark yet, eventually it would be. The male didn’t know where Inferni was, but he assumed that she was going somewhere, though it really wasn’t his business what she was doing. Any canine should be allowed to do as they wish when not inside claimed territories.

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Wraith frowned when he said that it was dark. Why was it dark? Were there too many trees? She didn't like the sound of that; in contrast, Inferni had wide open plains, forests, rocks, and beaches. She wondered if Anathema was only trees--if it was, she was glad that she wasn't a member there; it sounded rather boring.

"Why's it dark? And why's it appealing to troublemakers? Are you a troublemaker? Is Aeron?" she asked. She then added: "I kinda know Aeron. She's a warrior. That's how I know her," she explained and then shrugged. But she was more curious to hear about what he had to say about Anathema. Was it cold? Why were there so many troublemakers? She wondered what it was like living on top of a mountain all the time. She liked that Inferni claimed areas that were very different. This meant that there was always some sort of prey to find. In the grasslands, there were a lot of rabbits and other mice. In the woods, she often found deer; and by the mountain, sometimes she saw mountain goats. She didn't really see the difference in taste, but she liked being able to hunt different things; that way if one of them got sick, there was still other kinds of prey to eat. She wondered if Mido only ate goats and then wondered if he smelled as bad as them!

She flicked her ears forward when she heard him move his stick and watched as he shifted. She wondered if all of her questions were making him uncomfortable. She hoped not; she wanted to know all she could about Anathema. [html]
[/html]
[html]

The male watched the woman intently as she asked her questions. Wow, she asks a lot of questions. When he said it was dark, the statement had a bit of ambiguity to it. The caves were certainly a literal dark, but it was a combination of the individuals, lives and motives that . I guess you could say Anathema isn’t all sunshine and daisy’s. He didn’t even have to contemplate the remainder of the woman’s questions. Anathema is a safe haven for trouble makers. I’m think our leadership has ever rejected anyone. We shelter some pretty scary individuals. The male thought a little while back to when Amy Sunders had been part of their pack, he had a hard time believing that one. He had a bit of a laugh as he thought about those inside his pack, the drugs and violence, what a bunch of crazies they were. Yes, I like causing a little innocent trouble, as for Aeron I honestly couldn’t tell you. Mido explained with a fiendish smile on his face. The male had done some training with the Atheed before and spent a little time with her, but he didn’t feel like he knew her well enough to speak on her behalf.

The Marbas thought it was only a little interesting that Wraith seemed so curious about his home, he hadn’t gotten irritated yet. He thought about their interaction thus far, all the things they’d told each other. What do I know about her? She’s from Inferni and she’s a scout. She heard a good deal about his home, but nothing confidential or too personal so he didn’t hesitate sharing. If you don’t mind me asking, where are you going Wraith? The mix couldn’t help but be nosy, he was pretty sure she wasn’t on route to Anathema.

[/html]
Just a heads up, Wraith said she was a border guard and a hunter, not a scout. :o Also Wraith thinks she is right about everything. 8D
[html]
[/html]When Mido said that Anathema wasn't 'all sunshine and daisies', Wraith gave him a confused look. Of course it wasn't; packs didn't tend to be flowers, after all, and saying that a pack was sunshine was just stupid. For the second time, she wondered just how smart this Mido fellow was or if he'd gotten into a few too many fights and forgot things from time to time.

He said that Anathema was a safe haven for troublemakers, but that didn't really answer her question about why it was dark. It took her a few seconds to realize that by 'dark', he was being metaphorical and using it to explain the nature of the pack. She'd heard that Inferni might be considered a similar thing, but they had rules.

"That sounds stupid," she replied. "Why don't you follow the rules? How are you a pack if everyone is just breaking the rules? You must have a very bad leader if they let you do whatever you want. How strong is your pack? If everyone's breaking the rules, you must not be very disciplined." She wrinkled his nose when he asked where she was going.

"I'm not going anywhere. Here, I guess. What a weird question." She gave him a judgmental look. Maybe he really was slow. [html]
[/html]
WC::300 OOC:: -_- oh, brain fail me now haha. Not sure if I mentioned that he's got split personalities. Aw gawd Wraith cracks me up XD

[html]

A deep throated, bothered groan escaped the male’s mouth. In no time at all, he was officially annoyed with the coyote girl from Inferni. He stared at her, his eyes narrowed with irritation. She didn’t seem this annoying before, what a pain in the ass. Anyone certainly had the right to formulate and speak their own opinions, but Wraith’s came off as arrogant, strong and obnoxious. The questions she asked and the things she said were a far cry from what the Huskadore had told her. Anathema had rules to be followed just like any other pack, that didn’t mean that there wasn’t a little bit of grey area in between. Some rules were more important than others and some couldn’t always be followed, that was life.

During the time of the hunter/border-guard’s prattle she’d insulted not just the snowy Angela, but the Angelo and the Atheed, all in one shot because of the joint leadership amongst them. That’s quite the opinion you have girl. You don’t know Anathema leadership and should be more respectful. You don’t see me bad mouthing your leader because you seem arrogant or loud mouthed. He answered, not really expecting her to listen. Mido wasn’t certain which was bigger, her attitude or opinions. She told him that where they were here is where she was going. He looked around the desolate woods that surrounded them with a curiously raised eyebrow nodding in silence. This girl’s nuts! There’s nothing here! Well, if this is actually where you wanted to be then good for you, haha I’m glad you made it Wraith. The Marbas replied with an amused grin on his face, gesturing toward the ground beneath their feet. The mix wasn’t too bothered any more; he’d managed to create amusement for himself out of tensing conversation.

[/html]
No worries! It is easy to forget what happens IC vs what you know OOC. And Wraith (and her father) are both so unintentionally funny... poor Mido is all I can think. :|
[html]
[/html]Wraith rolled her eyes when Mido started to get all flustered. Oh no, she was being mean! The poor man probably had never had someone speak plainly instead of in riddles. Or maybe he just didn't realize how much of a horrible leader Aeron really was. A traitor could never make a good leader; though, perhaps in Anathema you need neither skill nor wisdom to lead if you could get sheep that would follow you around. Mido was, after all, quite fluffy so she was fairly certain that he was part sheep. He was larger than she, so that must mean he was a bit wolfy, which made sense; no coyote would ever have sex with a sheep.

"Meh," she replied and shrugged. "I know some of them, and believe me, Aeron's not a very bright cookie," she added, smirking wickedly. "You're kind of weird, too, so I can see how you fit in," she explained cheekily. Anathema must be the perfect place for weirdos like himself. [html]
[/html]
WC::311 (XD

[html]

The male could feel the hair along his back stand on edge. He watched the female closely listening as she spoke, trying to interpret her words as if there were some deeper meaning. He lightly shook his head, at this point he was getting himself all worked up over nothing. Maybe she knows something about Aeron that I don’t. If she did then she had every right to say the things she did. The Marbas didn’t want to push it, and took the girl’s words for their face value. You think I’m weird, ha! Well, if I’m weird, then so be it. I guess it’s my best defense. Maybe the mix was a bit different from the norm. He put a hand and gently flung it, as if to dismiss the idea. The way he saw it was if someone thought you were awkward no one would bother you right?

He looked up through the tree tops to see the sun slowly fading away, he almost lost track of time. It wouldn’t be long before the sun would set and dark would be upon them. It’ll be dark soon. He said absently, not like she couldn’t tell already. He wondered if she would go back to her pack or spend the night out. She was a border-guard and a hunter. She’s not an infant, or a child. This girl doesn’t need anyone to take care of her. The Huskadore couldn’t figure out exactly why he worried about her, maybe it was just the gentleman in him. The warrior wasn’t far from home, he only needed to turn around and he’d practically be a hop skip and a jump away. What about Wraith? The mix didn’t know precisely how far Inferni was from here or if she had a place to go. She certainly seemed like she was a tough enough cookie.

[/html]
Omg poor Mido. I am really mean too apparently, because I think it would be hilarious if we could like OOC'ly assume that every few days, Wraith howls for Mido just to screw with him and sometimes shows up and cackles at him before running away. :l My brain is weird.
[html]
[/html] Mido seemed mildly amused (or perhaps constipated; the two were always hard to distinguish) by what she said and Wraith wasn't sure why. After all, she'd outright called him a 'weirdo', which, while it wasn't mean, it was definitely the closest thing she'd come to insulting someone this entire conversation. If it didn't bother him, she supposed he really was a bit of an odd duck. Wraith resisted the urge to glance at his hand when he drew it away from his body, remembering her training: it was a sleight of hand intended to draw your eye away from the real action. Though, now she realized, he wasn't really doing anything and she was just being extra sensitive. She supposed that was what happened when you grew up the daughter of two warriors, each a little crazier than the other in their own special snowflake kind of way.

When Mido noted that it would get dark soon, Wraith nodded in agreement.

"Yes," she said. "And then the prey will come out," she replied, grinning. She raised her head slightly to test the scents on the wind. "No deer around yet, but there will be some hares soon." She was ready to eat anyhow; she'd eaten some berries earlier that morning and had caught a mole a few days before, but it was time for her to find some food again. [html]
[/html]
WC::303 OOC::F&*%ing with Mido like that... would be far too funny! XD

[html]

The coyote from Inferni agreed, and stated that there would be some smaller game emerging eventually. The mention of food to hunt actually kind of excited him alot, he hadn’t done any kind of hunting recently. Normally he’d snag food out of the pack storage on a regular basis, every so often go after decent sized wildlife and do his part ot replenish it. Catching food had become more enjoyable and less like a chore since Axelle had helped him greatly improve his bow skills. He’d taken her teachings and ran with them, having hunted deer, hawk and some unidentified rodents. That sounds rather fun. He doubted that the woman would want him near her any longer. The Marbas didn’t dare ask if she would mind him accompanying her.

Well, it was nice meeting you Wraith. I guess I should be…. He began to turn, and started to say he should be going when his stomach piped in letting out a more than audible grumble. I honestly didn’t think I was hungry. He ate that morning, granted it was only some herbs that smelled great; he’d warmed them up over a small fire and wolfed them down, it was hardly enough. He turned back to face the border-guard scratching the side of his head. He put his hands together and twiddled his thumbs. So uh, would you mind if I tagged along with you? I’m freaking starving. The dog had laid it out there, the worst she could do was say no and tell him to go away. He had knives in his pack and a lighter. He could make a fire to cook something. The last time he had hunted with anyone other than himself was the pack hunt with a few other members of Anathema; otherwise he did his own scavenging.

[/html]
Omg yisss. We need a follow-up thread soon! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[html]
[/html] When Mido expressed that hunting sounded "rather fun," Wraith just shrugged in response. Sure, hunting was fun but she wasn't sure if she'd call it rather fun; that was taking things a bit too far. In all honesty, she thought that maybe if she weren't a scout and a guard, and if she didn't also want to be a warrior, she might have been a hunter. She liked working with her clanmates to bring down their meal together since it united them in such a strong sense of camaraderie. Plus, it meant that she got to grab a bite before the others arrived to take part. Since Inferni was quite large for a coyote clan, they couldn't always hunt together.

When Mido moved to leave, she nodded once and then spun on her heel to walk away. She kept him on her left side as she picked her way back to Inferni, realizing that there would be better prey further down the mountain. She paused when she heard the other wolfthing speak again and assessed him carefully.

"I guess," she replied, shrugging slightly. "You're kinda weird, but I guess so. You stay in front. I don't want you to do anything fishy with those weapons of yours," she added, nodding to his stick. [html]
[/html]
WC:: 399 OOC:: Hippidy Hoppidy, all the way to the birdie boiler.

[html]

His stomach grumbled an empty cry, he knew it wasn’t the normal hunger one could ignore; it was slightly painful, he needed to put something in his gut. Wraith sounded like she was alright with the idea, and for that he was truly grateful, she could have told him to go to hell. He smiled like he’d received a gift from the gods; these kinds of things were generally more entertaining with others. She verbalized the fact that he was an odd ball several times; it should engraved into her memory by now. He looked at her for a moment; she wanted him in front of her to keep an eye on him. Apparently she was a bit concerned he might use his weapons her. I don’t blame her. She really doesn’t know too much about me, we’re not friends or pack mates. I could still reasonably be a threat to her. There was nothing to gain in him attacking her, but he wouldn’t argue.

Yeah? Alright I can deal with that, no tricks here. He glanced at the woman from Inferni, to the left, right and over his shoulder. Watching, listening, smelling and feeling for life around them. To the left away from the base of halcyon there was movement off in the distance. He left the space the two had occupied for the duration of their conversation, certain that Wraith would follow up. Winding through the forests maze he came upon a short stone wall that stood between them and a group of rabbits at the bottom of a small hill. He crouched leaning against the wall making sure not to be seen by the food. She was right, hares out and about. They had a couple advantages over the hopping rodents. A light breeze opposed the two luperci and they were on higher ground. There was no chance the creatures knew about their presence because they would be gone by now if they did. Eyeing the group of animals, Mido put the hand carved bo-staff down beside the rock structure. In the right side pocket his pack the throwing knives were easily accessible. If they could get a little closer he could pluck at least one, maybe two of them off. They had a few options at their disposal. How do you want to do this? Looking over his shoulder the mutt probed her for ideas.

[/html]