Should we move AniWaya? Proposition
[html]

Moving AniWaya?

Hey guys!

We've been brainstorming a little, and decided that AniWaya is kinda far away from everywhere ;_; So, this topic is made just to check your interest in moving AniWaya, and especially if that would cause you to leave (or if someone would join!), and if you have ideas for where we could move!

We really want a discussion here about moving, and if you are against it, please speak out! We would not move our tribe if you guys really do not want to, but we think it could inject new vigor into our old tribe. Below are what we've thought about so far, and we'd also love it if you have ideas as to where we might move :3

Thoughts

We realize that moving is also giving up old territories, old (and some pretty new!) things our players have created and worked hard for. Obviously, it is not our intention to step on anyone's hard work in the past. But moving also invites us to start whole new projects and for everyone to partake in the creation of our new home! It opens for numerous internal small plots, and loads of threads in all our professions.

A move shouldn't affect inter-pack relations much; AniWaya is a bit hesitant towards Anathema but they are currently neutral.

Moving process/plot

We have a plot in mind that looks like fun, and which we'd like to set in motion if you are interested in moving. At that point, we'd let you in on it, but if this isn't happening we'd like to save the plot for another occasion! Big Grin

Potential territories

The place we would have to move to would preferably be containing a river, closer to other/more packs than we are currently, and have some green land for crops and stables.

The candidate places we have in mind are Moonstone Lakes (between AT and IF // "old PV land"), and near the old InH lands.

What do you think?

Any cool ideas for places? Are you for or against a move? Would you join or leave AniWaya if it moved?

[/html]
I actually think this is a wonderful idea ^-^Except for the part that this could possibly make it a northern pack? My only problem is, that northern packs seem to be getting a bit top-heavy, and I think we might need to keep AniWaya a Southern pack to even it out. The moonstone lakes area would actually be very good - and possibly keep it a southern pack. However, I think mountains (old InH) might not be best for AniWaya considering it relies on flat land to grow crops and raise horses (we don't want them breaking a leg)!

I think the actual move would be pretty neat too. Like, a whole pack moving their belongings on carts and whatnot like what happened whenever there was a war Wink

I'm pretty sure I'm all for AniWaya whatever happens.
Some of my feelings are summed up perfectly by Danny, what with north being quite packed and mountains and such. Also southern packs to me have always seemed the more friendly/less complicated packs. Also I'm hesitant over the fact tons of things would have to be rebuilt or transported, but on the other hand rebuilding things like the stables would be an awesome opportunity to get the current packs in put into the structure and floor plan, which would also make for more bonus rank threads. A for where to move, I think where fishing from the ocean would be viable, but also with fertile flats for growing crops.

I'll add more later but I've got to run off to school Smile
I'm a bit torn by this as well. Danny and Rose have both made good points and it does seem a bit weird to do it right after we started to do the Agriculture Plot. Though Moonstone Lakes would be cool since Ayasha can see the like two people there she was really close to Big Grin So I'd go with it if it does happen. (especially since AniWaya is clearly the best pack) And with Anathema, you have Ayasha there who misses her old home. So I'm actually am interested in moving, tentatively. And I'll stop rambling now...
QUOTE (Ayasha @ Jun 20 2012, 09:44 AM)
(especially since AniWaya is clearly the best pack) [/quote]
LOLOLOL ^
<3

The agriculture plot, I'd say for that we'd have to move after we'd dug up all the produce, and then replant in the new location. Everyone would already know how to do that so it would mean less threads and less work. We could even act like we'd planted them there again without actually threading it out (though threading it out is funner Big Grin)
I don't think that Aniwaya should move honestly. I mostly say so because of Danny's reason (the Northern packs are becoming top heavy) and why would you want to cluster all of the packs all right next to each other? It could cause conflict (of course this is a good plot idea i guess but AW just got out of a war) and it takes away from if the packs surrounding if (IF/AT) they want to expand like they have been. Having them move to old INH lands could go, since they won't really be too clustered (idk i forget where it actually was, but I'm sure ND is close to where they were, not so sure if it was south or north of them though) but my point would be that if anything, everyone should move south lol.

/shouldn't even be in here since he doesn't have an AW charrie
I'm not against this idea as such, and i'm not going to repeat the reasons of everyone before me about why it would be a cool idea but IC'ily if this does go ahead, it would likely scare the hell out of Gemma, moving a lot closer to AT since its current male alpha has threatened her death if he ever sees her again. Also it would bring up a shitton of bad memories for her with Matteo/Giuseppe and her father. In all honesty, if AW did move up there she'd likely spend the majority of her life in complete and utter terror.

Edit:

I've had a think about it and the more I do actually think about it the more I start to dislike the idea. I know i'm just a single person but personally for me, I like AniWaya where it is, we don't need any more northern packs, down there AniWaya has all the southness to itself :3
Yeah with the agriculture thread it seems a little pointless until after we've dug up the produce. But expanding on the idea of having a seaside AniWaya, it would mean that making a pier for fishing and a system to catch them near a river would be available, and if ever needed a potential new career tier.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if it happened though, I'd be more than happy to stay and help Smile
Completely random note

But maybe it shouldn't be north and south packs,but east and west?

I would wait for the aggie stuff to be done.
it's north and south because we began expanding to the north as a whole.

As for moving aniwaya, NO dooon't!! I like it where it is, and it's a perfect spot, it may be out of the way but not so much so that no one needs to visit it!
I kind of think you shouldn't move it, but if you do, you can take the Rabbit lake area since CD left it open. It's closer to the other packs a bit less out of the way. It's still the furthest south, but regardless. I feel like moving it north is a bad idea, because it's top heavy and because.. because the south just suits it a lot better.
QUOTE (Strelein von Rosnete @ Jun 20 2012, 08:14 PM)
I kind of think you shouldn't move it, but if you do, you can take the Rabbit lake area since CD left it open. It's closer to the other packs a bit less out of the way. It's still the furthest south, but regardless. I feel like moving it north is a bad idea, because it's top heavy and because.. because the south just suits it a lot better. [/quote]
I agree with Gen o.o This idea is a lot better than migrating the entire AniWaya clan the length of souls
I like the discussion so far! Though, I just want to say that we shouldn't be dismissing the north just because there are too many packs there already. If there's space, there can be a pack, and in Bleeding Souls, a lot of packs borders butted up against one another. Conflict could be fun, too, if someone tries to steal their chickens. >_> But yeah, I think it'd be best to consider if you'd find it more fun to roleplay somewhere else--not whether it makes the map look good/bad. Wink
Io will castrate anyone who steals the chickens! XD
That's a good point Tammi ^-^

I do like AniWaya being at the top of the southern packs though, considering it's the oldest...js x'D
But I'd much rather we move than stay. Hmm, we would have a better time with a beach/sea to fish from... do we have a fisherman rank? We could bring that in then ;o And we could even have a dock! With boats and such :')
Thanks for your input guys! Big Grin

When it comes to moving northwards and space, the packs that would surround AniWaya have already expanded quite a bit and it is unlikely that they will grow enough to squish AniWaya. The pack's content and culture also wouldn't change at all from moving, so we needn't worry about that! Smile When it comes to the agriculture plot -- moving could be done at any time, including later rather than sooner. No one is saying we'd move right now if we decided that we wanted to move :3

Keep your thoughts coming <3
Well, I wouldn't mind either way, but Id prefer to stay down south of all places. Because it seems like a good plot and that the current members would be able to have a bit of input about new things as I said before. I'd be dead psyched about having a coastal area, even if we just expand, because it could offer up plots like making weirs, piers, boat, fishing traps and stuff like that. A whole new source of food for AniWaya?
I think it would be interesting to move!

As for where I think around the moonstone lakes and Halifax would be good as AW and Casa are friendly and Casa would be readily available to help protect their boarders if need be. Or just a quick hop over to of CD lands would be good as well, getting us a little closer to the other packs while remaining in the south.
I have no characters in AW, but... I think it's a great idea! I'd finally be able to have some threads with Aniwayans. Haha. <3

I think the Moonstone Lake area is good choice, too; it's still close enough to your allies, while opening up opportunities for even more. Like Tammi said, close isn't always bad...
I like the idea myself, though I don't have any characters in AW like Bobbi... It'd be interesting for a pack that was normally none of the business for the northern packs to suddenly become closer! It'll stir some things up a bit. Big Grin

I also agree with the Moonstone Lake area--I just seems like the perfect place for a moving pack, since there's a lot of free space yet close enough to the packs.

[/basically just saying yes]