Wrinkles in the Sky
[html]
Word Count :: 215 OOC:

The two that were on the land were moved quickly towards Tharin and Jiva ran after the other otter, perhaps to get it for the alphas or something. The animal was quick but not quick enough. Jiva clamped his mouth on the water animals’ neck and twisted only once, letting his teeth sink in and break its neck. He, however, was not going to ruin the pelt as he could use it as a waterbag for him or for the pack. The water resistant fur and skin was perfect to use as one. He trotted over to the man, so elated that he made a catch for once and didn’t have to make a fool of himself that his tail curled high on his back and he grinned at the man setting the one he killed down.

“I’ll skin and present this to the alphas. I am sure they would enjoy a good meal themselves and waterskins are welcome too I think. I wouldn’t mind an extra.”

He said happily. He was a leatherworker and had learned from his father. Little did Jiva know that none of that would be use to Tharin. He didn’t know the man was not a luperci, and Jiva just figured nearly everyone around was.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
With the otter dead Tharin settled down for a meal, looking over to Jiva first. He was the one that was hungry after all. His tail raised high as Jiva appeared to challenge him, his own tail high. Tharin took on a strong dominant stance, claiming the otter before him. He stepped forward, silently telling Jiva that the other otter that was caught was his as well, and to drop it. He would take claim of both kills before he allowed Jiva to eat. He was the one in charge after all.

As soon as the otter was set down Tharin dragged it over to where the one he'd killed was. He stood over both of them, waiting for a clear sign of submission from the male. His head cocked a little as Jiva spoke about water skins. Why the alphas would want such things he didn't know. They already had perfectly good skins attached to them. They didn't need anything more to it. He wasn't even too sure how Jiva was planning on skinning it.
[html]
Word Count :: 144 OOC: This is the part where my ignorance of wolves proceeds me

Being from the court he was still caught off guard at times that this was a traditional pack, and the man before him being a much high rank became aggressive Jiva nearly raised to the bait, but his mind sparked and then he actually considered ignoring it and challenging the man, but he scolded himself, he was a part of the pack... Tharin had the rights to the otters and he stood over them both now that Jiva put it down. The man went into a submissive stance, as much as one could get, he would not grovel at this man as he would his leaders, who he would lick at their feet and let them do what they wanted, but he would still show the man he was the lower of the two and he respected him as a higher ranked wolf.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Jiva froze for a moment. Tharin stood firm, refusing to change his position as Jiva stood there. He was the higher ranked wolf, and if Jiva refused to submit he would force him to. Tension hung in the air, and Jiva dropped down to the ground. The tail tucked properly as it was meant to be, ears flat as Jiva gave in to Tharin's superior position. Tharin stood for a moment longer, making sure that the message had gotten through before relaxing and returning his mind to the otters. His strong dominance meant that he wasn't going to let someone show subordination to him, but once submission was shown he moved on.

Biting into the meat he tore off a large chunk and tossed it to Jiva, careless of the fact that he tore through the pelt as he did so. It didn't have any meaning to him, after all. Pushing through Tharin devoured the liver, tail wagging as he found the delicacies of the creature and choked it down. Before he finished he tore off another strip and pushed it over to Jiva. Once his hunger was sated he backed off, all interest in the otters gone now that he was done eating. Jiva could do what he liked with them.
228 I found our replies so I'm putting mind down

Jiva felt he did the right thing as the man stood down and then the man seemed to calm down and the young man cringed and made a noise of utter unhappiness. Oh what he could have done with that waterproof skin! He watched as Tharin tore into the otter and tossed him the food, but Jiva didn’t eat, he just lay in complete, was it outrage? He told the man he could use the skin of an otter and both were now torn to pieces one from Tharin’s first attack and the other... well Jiva sighed. He was thrown another piece but he waited.

He knew enough to wait for the other to finish and his appitite was almost gone now for such a waste on an animal, sometimes he wondered... did they really do justice to the animals they killed by only eating their meat, and not using them to the best they could, they were luperci after all. After a minute he took his own meat and took it in his mouth and ate, enjoying it’s tenderness, and nodded to Tharin; “Thank you, I think I will leave now I have other duties. It was good hunting brother” He said, but he didn’t get up, he would wait for Tharin’s leave, he wanted nothing to do with challanging anyone right now...
Tharin lifted his head, looking over with some curiosity at the discontented noise Jiva released. They had a good meal before them, there was no reason to be upset. Jiva clearly didn't want to press the issue either, his form low and submissive. Pondering over the strangeness he continued with his meal, thinking about what could have possibly upset the male. His mind drew a blank, and shrugging he moved one. There was no sense dwelling on it.

Once he was done Tharin stretched out lazily, watching as Jiva at his share. He didn't have much of an appetite, despite claiming that he was deeply hungry earlier. How strange. Tharin would never understand this wolf. He seemed intent on doing things that made no sense to him. Nodding his head at the thanks Tharin closed his eyes, dismissing Jiva from his presence and ready to rest.