i have my mothers dreams,
[html]

I am literally the worst person to start threads ever. Notoriously bad. Sorry this took so long. Hope it being set for today is cool, if not let me know and I’ll change it!

The constant watching out for her children was incredibly exhausting. She and Denver both constantly traded off their responsibilities so that one of them might be able to get some rest. No matter how much or little they got, though, it never seemed enough. The glow that Maggie had while the children were still inside her changed into a dull, lifeless sheen. She had never been this tired in her entire life.

But lucky for Maggie, Denver had shooed her out of the house to get some food or at least a change of scenery for a while. The wolfess couldn’t bear to be apart from her three little darlings, but she needed out. The ruins beckoned to her, and so she stepped out into the diminishing heat just as the sun was sinking into the mountains. She sighed, looked back at her residence once more, and then started walking.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
short >.<

Odessa sat in the ruins, quietly contemplating her life. Puppies would come to her soon enough and with Maggie's puppies and Sirius' already here. She was much younger however, and further back in the chain, though it was obvious by sight and scent by now. Imhotep had been so happy when she'd told him the good news, though she could see that behind the golden orbs, there was a hint of worry. The same worry that consumed Odessa when she sat up late at night. Her body was small, and that may cause complications. It was no true condition that made her compact, just pure breeding. That didn't stop the medic constantly wishing she had the grace of her mother.

She sighed, shaking her head as she rested her fingers on the stomach, a slight bulge there already. Her ears swivelled around to the sound of another person, pumpkin orbs hit the form of Magnolia and a smile appeared on her lips. 'Maggie!' Odessa slid down from the low rock wall she perched on, 'How are they?' she asked, speaking of the puppies.

<style>
.superbirdie1 b {color:#fff;}
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

UGH I HATE NOT HAVING CONSISTENT INTERNET I AM IN A COFFEE SHOP REPLYING BEFORE WORK LOVE MEEEEE~ :p

Besides the borders, Maggie mostly preferred to stay within the confines of the ruins most of the time. She often bumped into other pack mates and had a chance to get some social interaction. That was rarer these days, but today was her lucky day. Odessa, a fellow confidant, called out to her as she slinked through their shared home. She had never really spoken to the D’Angelo before, but Maggie wasn’t about to turn down a potentially pleasant conversation. "Hey Odessa!" She called out in response, black-tipped tail wagging in excitement. She sped up her walking to end up by Odessa’s side.

She inquired about her puppies, and of course Maggie smiled, but wondered who told her, mostly out of curiosity than anything else. "They are doing wonderfully. They’re almost two weeks old now, would you like to see them?" She figured it would be a good way for them to bond, after all Odessa was mated too and surely pups were on the horizon for her as well.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 d'aww <3 no worries~

angels watching over me with smiles upon their face

She didn't visit the ruins much. Merely because her time was usually spent in the gardens, the clinic or at home. And, occasionally, out of Salsola looking for odds and ends. The latter had, and would be excluded from her to do lists in the following month. For her own safety of course. Imhotep had raised the point and Odessa had agreed. The medic didn't mind so much, Salsola was her home and the place she prefered to be over anywhere else in the world. Odessa had only decided to visit the ruins in hopes of finding company and luckily she had. When Magnolia asked if she'd like to see them, she nodded enthusiastically and beamed, 'Oh, I would love to!' She felt nervous, never really having been around small children. Her cousins were younger than her, true, but the'd never really been children while she'd been an adult.

'And how have you been?' Odessa asked, realising she'd skipped inquiring as to how her pack mate was. She matched Maggie's pace, her arms crossed over her chest to shelter herself from the slight breeze. 'And your mate, how's he been faring?' She didn't know the male well, she knew him by sight, scent, name and by his rank and connection to Magnolia. But aside from that she knew very little of the male. And the thing she knew ere very formal any way. Thing you'd expect to know of a pack mate.

'cause I have made it through this far in an unforgiving place
<style>
.odessa-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
.odessa-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.odessa-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.odessa-txt3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.odessa-txt3 b {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 i {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

So sorry for the delay omg, and I hope the PP is alright. This summer has been a total muse killer. X_X I hope you won’t hold that against me. <3 Hey, I was thinkin’ about this thread not too long ago…. I feel like Odessa and Maggie could be really good friends. What do you think? Smile They should go on a double date or something, that would be so cute! Haha.

Odessa’s friendly attitude put a smile on Maggie’s tired face. It was a welcome change to the stressful way of life she had adopted post-birth. Odessa seemed genuinely interested in seeing them, and she was the first Salsolan to express that interest. At Odessa’s interest, Maggie grinned, turned around, and started walking back in the direction of her home. “I have been extremely well, I have three beautiful children. Though admittedly I am in desperate need of a solid night’s sleep,” the Confidant said with a toothy grin. Luckily the duo had met not far from Maggies’ residence, so the walk didn’t take long.

”Denver is great as well, he has been a tremendous help. I didn’t think we were made for this type of life, but somehow we’ve managed to do a thing or two right,” The entrance to her residence was before them sooner than Maggie realized. Maggie looked back to the dying sun and realized why there were no excited yips or barks. Sunset was the pup’s bed time, and it appeared Denver had no problem getting them to slumber.

”We must be very quiet, “ Maggie whispered to Odessa, her eyes still gleaming with excitement. She pushed the rotten wood door open and came upon the gentle scene she imagined in her head. Denver must have head to bed, but her three little balls of life were in their makeshift cradle, fast asleep. Florence contrasted nicely while she lay across her dark sister’s back, and Houston was in tight ball against Florence’s back. Maggie looked at Odessa for approval. “What do you think?” she said quietly, her eyes glued to her pale, eldest daughter.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
OOC note because board died.

Odessa creeps in behind Maggie, commenting that she doesn't think anyone is every clearly ready. And also offers up help pupsitting if it's ever needed. Gives her approval quietly and prettu much d'awws over the puppies.