All Hands On Deck!
WC:: 237 OOC:: Set late morning, Lunenbrug port. Sorry for the crap post 8[

[html]

Kable left his deserted home at the first sign of morning. The sun hadn’t been out very long and it was already pretty warm, almost a bit uncomfortable. Standing on the deck of one of the studios the male strummed his slightly out of tune guitar as he looked out over the sea’s blue body. He hadn’t been entirely sure why, but he wanted to take a boat and go sailing, it just seemed like there was no better time for it. Moving down to the docks he went around grabbing whatever he thought he needed to get going. The Catori picked the boat that was in the best shape, one he had done some work on himself in the past, he put his instrument and all the stuff into the low capacity sail boat.

Undoing the sail he climbed back on to the dock, the husky male looked about. I Kind of wish I had someone to go with me. He spoke to himself; everything was more enjoyable when there was someone else to share it with. The hybrid remembered saying that Skoll and himself would do go on an adventure sometime, but he didn’t feel like going to hunt down his little half brother for he might not even find him, maybe another time. Untying the boats thick bristly rope he dragged it around to the front of weakened wooden port ready to shove off.

[/html]
[html]

Not crappy at all! Tongue :: 386

It was another Ro-free day and for once, Heiro didn’t mind the absence of his malicious pal. Days without the black wolf pup seemed calmer and brighter, but the little Prince was too young and naive to understand that Ro was a bad influence, but ultimately the black wolf pup was a part of him. Headache free and raring to go, the two toned puppy had slipped out of the Chien Hotel once again and had found himself left to his own devices on the beach. He knew from his close brush with goose bills that it was no longer a good idea to chase the large feathered monsters, so he decided to avoid the large cluster of honking creatures today. Besides, Tasha was busy doing her own stuff and he wasn’t about to get into trouble when he knew he sister could come bail him out.

Ah the life of a pup in the kingdom. Simply wondering around and enjoying the morning sun with no real chores expected of a 4 month old, Heiro had it made. The caterpillar hybrid made his way towards the port. It had been some time since he had sat on the docks and admired the ships. His parents said he’d been on one before, but he was much too young to remember let alone appreciate being on the ocean in one of the wooden structures. Niro had said he’d take him out some day, but that was before he’d come back to his family battered and bloodied. Heiro still couldn’t really talk about it, but today his mind was elsewhere and instead of standing guard in the hotel, he decided it was time for a break.

Walking along the moorings, Heiro noticed a figure ahead of him getting ready to set sail. The pup could recognize that coal colored hybrid anywhere. Un-kul Kay-bull! Un-kul Kay-bull! He screamed picking up his large paws to run towards the optime man. Watcha doin? He asked, panting a bit as he slid to a stop by Kable’s feet and craning his head back to look up at his tall uncle. It was times like this when Heiro, who only reached Kable’s knee in lupine form, wished he could shift, but that time hadn’t come yet.

<style type="text/css">
.heiCaiRO b {font-weight:bold; color:#94c0dd; text-shadow:#372120 1px 1px 2px;}
.heiCaiRO p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.heiCaiRO {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#374753; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6210/hiehiex.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b323f; padding:365px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbdee3; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.heiCaiRO .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.heiCaiRO p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.heiCaiRO p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Untying the boat from the dock the Catori was surprised to hear the wild call of a familiar young voice. Quickly glancing to his left he hadn’t seen anyone and turned to his right to see his cute little nephew Heiro, who asked what he was doing. Whoa, Hello Heiro! I was going to do some boating on this nice summer day. With the tough bristly rope in his large hands he looked at the boy with bright red eyes. Want to go sail the blue sea with your uncle?! Kable questioned the young lad with excitement in his voice. Heiro might have been a bit young and unable to shift yet, but he was far from incapable. It wasn’t a big boat but there was plenty of room for him, the boy and anything interesting they might come across. Might find a few neat things, maybe some treasure if we look hard. There were hidden coves, and crashed ships along the ocean’s edge that would make for great exploring.

The sun had yet to peak, it was a gorgeous day really and the male just wanted to be out enjoying himself, at least for the day. Kable climbed into the boat and took a seat positioned between two oars still holding the rope that prevented the boat from going anywhere. What says you Heiro? He prompted his nephew with an oversized grin on his face.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the long wait! I’ve been so busy lately. :: 398

Like many of the older canines in the kingdom, Kable was yet another adult figure that Heiro idolized. He desperately longed for the day he would be deemed an adult and could do as he wished. The babe believed his elders could do almost anything and was convinced there were things they often kept from the young ones as if they belonged to some secret society. Heiro needed to know these secrets and explore every facet of adulthood as soon as possible. He was more than ready to grow up, or at least this is what he thought, but unfortunately Hei had a lot of livin’ to do before he would become a yearling or even a full time functioning optime.

Shifting. That was another thing he constantly badgered his mother, grandmother, father, and really any adult family member that could sit through his inquisitions. When will I shift? Why do I have to wait? What will it be like? Hei had so many questions about this unexplored territory and yet the pup wasn’t satisfied with any answer he got. Most of the time it was just something to shut him up or change the subject, but what Hei didn’t know, was that his family couldn’t give him a direct answer as the virus differed in everyone and this was why conversations often felt misleading. Yet, the pup had an overly active imagination and usually got distracted before he could truly ponder what was said to him.

He was dreaming of being a tall optime just like Kable when his maroon eyed uncle asked him to come along on an adventure. Hei responded with a series of happy yaps sending a few seagulls off into the morning light with angry cries. The open sea and perhaps a chance of finding treasure, what more could a puppy want for? Yes yes yes Uhn-kull Kay! He exclaimed, little bottom wiggling back and forth once again as his paint dipped tail frantically cut through the air. The pup took one last look over his shoulder at the Chien Hotel before calming his little body down so he could successfully hop into the boat. His wolfish grin matched his uncles as he sat down on the small bench opposite of Kable. We could really fine traysure? He asked an an amazed whisper.

<style type="text/css">
.heiCaiRO {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#374753; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6210/hiehiex.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b323f; padding:365px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbdee3; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC:: Sorry for the delay! Getting my muse back Smile

[html]

The Catori pup seemed just as excited if not a little more than Kable had been. Alright, that’s what I like to hear, lots of enthusiasm! He still held on to the thick rope that contained them to the dock. Heiro calmed himself enough to clamber into the boat and take his seat. As soon as his nephew had been situated he released the rope and pushed off the wooden structure. The young inquiring boy asked about finding treasure. Can we find treasure? No doubt, you and me Heiro, we’ll come across something worth taking back with us. The husky male wasn’t exactly sure they’d find gold, jewels or anything of any extreme value, but he was certain they’d stumble upon couple unique items.

The duo slowly drifted away from the port and solid ground. The hybrid took firm hold of the oars and began to row, confidently assisting the crafts movement through the blue. Alright buddy, your eyes are sharp, and I need you to keep a look out for wrecked ships and coves on the coast m’kay? Kable remained rowing as he faced the aft and his nephew, enabling him to see to his sides but nothing behind him. The wind wasn’t very strong and would only propel them so much. Their boat was a little shaky, and if he could the older male wanted to have Heiro, himself and everything else stay inside the boat. It didn’t feel like much time had passed to the male, but the dock they departed from was but a fleck in their sights now.

[/html]
[html]

Me too!. :: 327

Adoring eyes fixed on Kable as the hybrid pushed their vessel off from the deck. This part would’ve been scary for the pup if he wasn’t so dead set on focusing on his Uncle, but once they were underway he allowed his ice eyes to danced over the water. Kable seemed optimistic that they could find something good and in Hei’s mind, anything worth looking at more than twice was considered treasure in his book. The husky pup turned his exhilarated face back to his uncle, the pure bliss from before faltering only slightly. Da come back from outside duh udder day...he don’ look too gud un’kul Kay... he paused to close his eyes before the moisture could fall. Not eben waken yet, all bleedy....so we gots to fine sumthin gud, fer wen he wakes, a vehement nod given, Heiro’s quest for the day was finding something extraordinary for his father. Surely treasure would wake him from his coma?

Hei’s eyes opened up to do Kable’s bidding. His enthusiasm had returned once more as he took a standing position on his seat to look over his uncle’s head. He kept his sparkling eyes glued to the ocean beyond. No wreck shippies yet! He assured Kable, his little curled tail flag becoming a sail in the wind. Not being on solid ground didn’t disturb the pup in the slightest. He quite enjoyed the rocking motion of the waves beneath the boat, and the sound the water made against its sides. One day...I ken row lyke Kay, he thought to himself, allowing his gaze to examine his uncle’s work for a few seconds before returning to their extremely important task. Sum sharps up ahead Un-Kul, great big rockies on dis side, he indicated with an extravagant nod to the left. Spotting wasn’t too hard for the pup and he quite enjoyed it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
WC::338

[html]

The older of the two Catori’s was thoroughly enjoying himself. The boat, his nephew, the sea and the sun, all these aspects just added up to make one great experience. Kable’s smile unexpectedly faded away for a while, and the expression on his face turned to shock when the pup spoke about his father’s state of well being. He hadn’t known that anything was wrong with Neiro, his nephew had been the first to inform him. The hybrid male looked upon the boy with saddened red eyes. We won’t go back empty handed little man, I promise you that. The male’s main concern was the Heiro, for he was certain that his sister’s mate would wake from his slumber eventually if not very soon. But a child shouldn’t be without their parents, physically or emotionally.

The husky child kept the seigneur aware of their surroundings by pointing out what caught his attention. Pulling the oars out of the water he rested them inside the boat to take a look. He turned in the seat as carefully as he could in the direction Heiro indicated. Wow, good job buddy! What the boy had spotted wasn’t just one but several coves set in the rocky landscape along the coast. He was honestly surprised how quickly they’d found a place to start looking for treasure. If I were doing this by myself I doubt I would have seen anything so fast or easily. Picking the oars back up, the elder rowed the two to the rocky shore line.

As the boat neared the rocks, it rocked heavily. Taking the overly large tie off rope in his hands, Kable threw the looped end over a body sized stone that would prevent the small vessel from going anywhere. The male had been eager, hopping out into the shallow water. You ready to start searching with me? He turned as he spoke to his nephew. Walking in the direction of the coves, he was careful about his footing as his feet had been wet.

[/html]
[html]

Cue sorta creepy-cute Heiro. :: 484

It felt good to know Kable was onboard with getting something for Heiro’s father. He was seriously worried about his dad, never having seen so many injuries on one creature in his life and feeling completely powerless on this side of the waking world. His mother had assured him that Niro was only dreaming and just needed rest right now, but Heiro was convinced he was doing “mind battle”. Meaning he needed to fight his way back to reality, but he needed some outside help too. That was where the idea of getting something amazing had manifested in his head. Surely something from Hei’s world could call his father back from the shadowy world of Coma. The hybrid was sure something would call to him, something like a key for his father to find his way back home and if Kable would help, there was no doubt in the little pup’s mind that they’d be able to find something today.

Hei’s ears perked up with glee after Kable referred to him as “buddy”. It seemed to be an affectionate monger that many court members had been calling him lately and the little Prince loved it, deeming this nickname as his own. He liked it so much, it was becoming somewhat of an obsession for him. Ay’m Buddy..hello m’names Buddy....Buddy... he whispered to himself as children do before turning his attention back to his uncle. His sky blue eyes sparkled with praise, he had done well. The sharpies, as he had called them, were actually points where Kable could dock the boat! Little paint dipped tail waggled back and forth as the oars were picked back up to row into the little coves. They would definitely be able to find something good here!

Woah! Unk-kul Kay, da boat be a rockin’! He screamed out gleefully, though a touch of fear entered his high pitched voice. His husky body lowered on the wooden bench he had been sitting on in an attempt to allow gravity to keep him in the boat and dry. He hadn’t told Kable how he couldn’t swim just yet and quite frankly, the open ocean frightened him. He watched wide eyed as the Seigneur tied up the boat and hopped out into the shallows. Here the boat rocked less, so Heiro cautiously stood up on his four paws. He watched helplessly as Kable began to walk away from the boat and visibly swallowed the saliva pooling in his mouth. Unk-kul...I kent...I kent swim, he called to Kable’s turned back as he inched closer to the edge of the boat. An...an...Ay’m a feared of da water, he confessed with a defeated tone. Being a boat was much different than actually getting your feet wet. He preferred a wooden deck over the salty brine.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
WC::302

[html]

The husky man hadn’t gotten far from the boat before Heiro caught his attention. What, you can’t swim? My nephew is scared of the water? Maybe you are now, but I doubt that you’ll stay afraid Heiro. Kable couldn’t recall if he was ever afraid of water, he didn’t think so. Maybe there was something else that he feared when he was younger but he couldn’t remember, only his mother would know, or Leroy one of them would. The pup remained at the edge of the small rocking vessel for fear of climbing into the shallow blue water. The seigneur waded into the water and back to the boat to help the boy. The male pushed his back up against the boat. Alright then little man, hop on my back for quick ride.

Once out of the ocean blue he crouched to the ground to let him off. The two of them could resume their adventure and begin to look for treasure. You ready Heiro? He spoke looking down to his nephew with bright red eyes and a big eager smile on his maw. Kable had been watching his footing as he cautiously moved across the moist rocks. The male stopped and starred at the caves dark entrance, he imagined what they would find. He rolled his eyes to glance at the boy with excited wonder filled orbs. What if we don’t find anything worth taking back? It wouldn’t be a big deal to him, the dilemma was that Heiro wanted something for his father. The seigneur couldn’t afford to go home with nothing, as soon as the young husky lad hopped on board it wasn’t just about him anymore. The Catori looked down the rocky shore line, there were other coves to be searched too, not just the one before them.

[/html]
[html]

Aww doggy-back ride!!! Haha I told Shaw Hei is going to bring him some shades of blue sea glass, which I find to be the hardest pieces to find! :: 3+

No Sir, Heiro replied but the sadness and humiliation had gone out of his voice when he realized it was a.o.k with his uncle that he was afraid of the deep blue. He mustered a heartfelt smile and nodded enthusiastically at Kable’s proposal. Oh how he dreamed to be unafraid of the ocean and its beckoning waves. Ro tended to taunt him ruthlessly for his aquaphobia and made it known that only babies and girls were scared of such things. Heiro was not a baby and he certainly wasn’t a girl Yes, ay’d like dat Kay! He said with a little yip. If ay’m gonna be a water dog, ay gotta get use’ta da wet! Another giddy bark as his butt wiggled back and forth with happiness. Kable was now offering him his sturdy back and promised to be a raft of the sorts for the black and white pup.

He climbed onto his Uncle’s back and let out a little battle cry, Ah right Kay, we gettin’ traysure! It wasn’t long before he was transported on the rocky shore. Yessum Uhn-kle, he chirped with an excited bark. His large paw pads were scuffed up enough from his little journeys around the kingdom so he didn’t really notice how sharp the weathered rocks were. On four paws he had an easy time following his Uncle as his elder led the way. He still couldn’t believe they had sailed this far from familiar beaches, but he was happy to be adventuring with someone else other than Ro or his sister. Hei’s robin’s egg eyes lit upon the darkened mouth of a cave. There had to be something hiding within its depths! Darkness wasn’t something that Hei was afraid of, Ro told him that was where he was from and there was really nothing to fear except the things in your head.

He looked up expectantly at Kable and gave his Uncle a cheerful grin. Tink pirates where dere? He asked, the wonderment in his voice almost tangible.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
WC:: 319

[html]

The husky pup sounded overly excited about the whole idea, but who wouldn’t be. Pirates? Of course pirates were here. Inside the cave it had been damp and cooler than the outside air. The light from the sun only partially lit up the first few feet. Kable found the left wall with an outstretched hand and followed it into the dark. Slowly the male’s eyes began to adjust to the lack of visibility making getting around a bit easier. Heiro, you doing alright buddy? The Catori’s jaw dropped with astonishment he continued to move, he realized this cavern was much bigger than it looked from outside. Just how big could these coves possibly be? It might take them a long time if the duo made an attempt to search them all. If you find anything, give me a holler Hei. If the lad found something big the mix would have to take care of it.

The Seigneur left the safety of the wall to look amongst the gaps, nooks and crannies of the cavern floor. Kable’s red eyes still couldn’t see every detail even though they were adjusted. He took a step and got his foot caught in a crack. Oh shi… He ended up falling and hitting his head off of something. The canine had knocked himself unconscious for a few seconds. What the hell was that? He asked himself under his mumbled breath. His vision was shaky and his head now ached. The husky male put a hand on the object and felt it over. What is this… a wooden trunk? Kable couldn’t make out the physical details of the object. Whatever it was it had a handle one side, the other had been broken off. Grabbing onto the remaining handle he dragged it outside of the cave into the sunlight. He examined it momentarily, contemplating whether or not to open it. Did you find anything Heiro?

[/html]