baa baa black sheep, have you any wool
[html]

You gets my first new shiny Aiden post! =O Hopefully it's not as choppy and awkward as I fear it might be. XD He's changed a LOT since I last played him.

God, how things had changed. It seemed forever and a day since he'd walked the lands of his birth, and upon walking them again, he found no sadness or longing as he'd expected. The packland of Storm was gone now, lost to an inferno that had devoured the entirety of the kingdom of Bleeding Souls. All traces of his family, the den they'd shared, the den his twin had let herself give up the ghost in, even the site of his childhood tragedy that still wrapped his mind in nightmares; all vanished. The territory was barren but for little sprigs beginning to grow anew, and the earth there would never be the same. It would be a new and foreign world, and the charred male had found himself, not distressed, but grateful. With the lack of physical reminders of the luperci's past, perhaps his tempest-tossed soul could finally begin to calm.

Aiden had spent a few days in the fire-scarred lands, wandering aimlessly and contemplating what, if anything, he could now do with his life. The prodigal son of Fly and Rain had returned to make a new life where his old had failed; should he still pursue that notion? The last two years of his existence had been spent in the company of his grandparents' pack, the only family he'd known to go to. He loved his clan dearly, but he had always felt there was more for him to accomplish, and that there was somewhere else where he belonged. It had been his grandfather Freak who'd convinced him ultimately to leave, to seek out his birthplace and make amends with what remained there of his guilt-ridden soul. Aiden knew all too well his grandfather's history, and understood that his advice was not given lightly or merely as empty words of possible consideration. Freak damn well knew what he was talking about, and his grandson took it to heart.

Even though the lands of his birth were irreversibly extinguished, the Oriel male had still felt a pull to remain. He'd spent the next few weeks wandering curiously around the lands just south of his former homeland, and to his delight he'd discovered that the natives of Bleeding Souls had founded a new territory just south of the burned expanse. Packs had formed already, and there were a number of interesting places to explore. There were even a scarce few scents that dredged up unknown memories in the male's foggy mind, like whispers trying to be heard over the roar of the sea. Aiden had decided to stay and see what kind of a life he could make here while he searched for where he belonged.

Today found the Oriel male simply wandering the forest of Ethereal Eclipse. It was a delightful territory, full of shadow and mystery; a wonderful atmosphere of quiet and cool stillness pervading. Having spent the morning rummaging through the various remaining shops in the old human ruins he now claimed, the black wolf had decided to remain in his large optime form, his ebony paws still maintaining an air of predatory silence as he stalked the woods. His mane was pulled back into a quick braid, so as not to catch on any twigs as he made his way between the trees. His solid black form blending near perfectly into the shadows of these particular woods, and he moved as though a part of them, reveling in the very feel of the forest as it accepted the wolf in its midst.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

All this limping around had taken it's toll on Alexey's good mood, sapping away her energy and ambitions along with it. This was her first time stepping out of the pack lands since the big brawl with Inferni, and she hadn't gone very far. Fatigue overtook her body rather quickly, slowing her down in her travels. The two-year-old had only moved a little ways south of Dahlia de mai into Ethereal Eclipse before realizing that her body already needed a rest. What a joke. She felt useless and ashamed. Her current condition wasn't even all that bad, and yet she still couldn't function properly.

A low growl rumbled in the back of her throat as her frustration grew even greater. She couldn't go on any further. The tawny wolfess had slumped onto the ground against her own will, giving in to the weakness in her legs. Lexey's eyes went blurry for a fleeting second, and during that time, she caught sight of a shadowy blob walking amongst the trees. A luperci, it seemed. There was something strangely familiar about this silhouette, though. It looked and smelled a bit like... "Kol?" Alexey called out her friend's name, her voice filled with relief. Could it be? Had Kol come to save her once again?

[/html]
[html]

Woot!! <33333

Aiden halted his tracks as a sound broke the sanctity of the woods. His ink-dipped ear swivelled toward the origin of the noise, followed by his piercing blue gaze. Scarcely twenty yards away, a silvery form lay amongst the brush and leaves of the forest floor, her breathing a bit ragged and labored. The sound he'd heard must have been her legs giving out and landing her unceremoniously in her current state, and the male quietly stepped in to get a closer look.

Her pelt was littered with injuries in various stages of healing, and she was somewhat unkempt. It appeared the girl had been in a fairly intense squabble recently, and curiosity and concern took over. The stranger spoke an inquiry as the Oriel male drew near, and he tilted his head at the sound. Then again, the word or name could have been a hundred different things, and wasn't necessarily the Nordic word he was thinking of. He knelt down before the female as he stopped, his optime form huge and hulking compared to the shewolf's dainty, lupine build. Are you hurt badly? What happened to you? It seemed as though the female's wounds had been relatively tended to, but quite honestly she shouldn't have been out and about just yet. She had probably pushed herself too hard and collapsed where she now lay out of sheer exhaustion.

Aiden knew next to nothing about herbs and medical care, but he did recognize the scent the girl carried. She hailed from a pack nearby, one that shared a portion of the town he loved to explore, (and consequently, one that piqued his curiosity for the intriguing scent of possible kin that lingered there), so he knew its marks well. If all else failed, though he deigned to interact with official pack protocol just yet, he'd carry her back home. His voice was a soft, gravelly baritone when he addressed the shewolf again. You're from Dahlia de Mai, are you not? What in Fenris' name are you doing out here alone in your condition? The male raised a brow as he crouched before her, his necklace and brand the only inconsistencies against his monochrome black coat.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

<3 (WC 308)

She had made a mistake. Now that the stranger was crouching before her, Alexey could see that it wasn't Kol. At first glance, the resemblance had been striking though. Blinking a few times to chase the blurriness out of her golden-speckled eyes, she then attempted to focus on his face. Piercing blue eyes were staring back at her worriedly, and for a moment, she felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment. Everything about him was all too similar to her friend, especially his facial features. If that male did not bear the Stormbringer gene, then he definitely could've passed for one of them. Coincidences of the sort rarely happened though. He had to be one of them. But if that was the case, then why hadn't he replied when she had mentioned Kol's name earlier? Did he not know her?

His first question came and Lexey shook her head promptly, confirming that she wasn't hurt too badly. She would spare him the details about the fight, since he probably didn't care enough to hear the whole thing. "Coyotes. We fought Inferni about a week ago." It hadn't occurred to her that perhaps the male had no clue who Inferni was. After all, everyone knew who they were. Bloodthirsty sons of bitches. Lexey closed her eyes for a moment, before reopening them and providing him with more information. "Yes, I'm from Dahlia de Mai." she paused for a moment, looking for an explanation to give him. "I-I don't know what I'm doing here. I was tired of not being able to do anything." Her voice was sheepish, almost childish.

The Koios girl made no effort to get up, not wanting to make a fool of herself in front of a complete stranger. "I'm sorry about earlier. I thought you were a friend of mine, you look so much like her."

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait love. Kinda ignored the computer while entertaining a certain somone. XD

Inferni. So that was where this female's injuries came from. Aiden had heard bits and pieces of a conflict between Dahlia and the coyote clan, but he hadn't cared all that much for the details. After all, he wasn't involved directly, and things were never quite as simple as they appeared. There were just as many depraved, psychopathic wolves in this world as there were other creatures. It was one of the reasons the Oriel had decided to forego becoming involved with any one group of canines for awhile: What could begin as an individual's act of stupidity could escalate into an all-out war or vendetta between clans. Case in point: The current conflict. Aiden didn't know how the war had begun, but there was no doubt in his mind it was probably over something simple and stupid.

A charming half-smile pulled at the male's lips as his exhausted companion spoke. He knew the feeling of being useless all too well, and couldn't blame the girl for wanting to alter the situation. Well, as admirable as your reason may be, wandering off your packlands alone in your condition wasn't the most intelligent thing to do. After all, with a war going on, a war which involves you directly, you'd be easy and tempting prey for your enemy. As if to emphasize his point, the large were leaned in a bit closer, his smile taking on just a hint of mischief. For that matter, how do you know I'm not involved with Inferni somehow? You could be in a fairly ugly situation, now that you've told me you were involved in a skirmish between the clan and Dahlia. I'm surprised to find someone so blatantly naive and trusting in times like these. The black male quirked a brow as he withdrew, settling again into a crouch a bit farther away.

The stranger's last comment drew a dry chuckle from the Oriel son, his bright blue eyes sparkling in the splintered sunlight of the woods. I'm trying to decide whether to be amused or insulted that you think I look like a female. Either way, you'd be surprised how much I hear comments such as yours. I'm assuming your friend is black? Apparently everyone thinks all ebony wolves are somehow related. He sighed dramatically as he crossed his legs beneath him, lowering himself completely to a seated position. So tell me, who is this friend I seem to remind you of?

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

xD ! Ewww, I bet you totally did naughty stuffs with him. (WC 324)

A dumbfounded expression appeared on Lexey's face as the large male teased her with his so-called war scenarios and hypotheses. What was it with men and their lectures? She had gotten one from Kharma, and now she was getting one from this guy. Tensing up, Alexey opened her maw to mouth off, since that's all she could do to defend herself. However, words caught in her throat as he voiced his next affirmation. She drew her caramel-colored ears back, flattening them against her skull as she gazed up at his face once more. The tawny she-wolf hoped he was simply being an ass by claiming to be from Inferni, because if he did hail from there, she was toast.

Then he withdrew, confirming the fact that he did indeed have a twisted sense of humor. He didn't stop there though. As if he hadn't already said enough, he just kept on babbling about trivial matters such as his resemblance to Kol. Boy, if he was related to her, they sure had completely different personalities. He was a royal pain in the ass, and yet, Lexey felt drawn to him.

She spoke through clenched teeth, attempting to control herself. "Haven't you heard of family resemblance? You might not look like a girl, but you sure are a drama queen." Did he think she was stupid? Her annoyance gave her enough strength to prop herself up on all fours. She was still dizzy, but that didn't stop her from moving forward until her nose was pressing against his. "Listen buddy, don't put words in my mouth. You being black has nothing to do with it. You'd look like a Stormbringer even if you were purple." Her voice softened a little as she drew back, seating herself mere inches from her interlocutor. That small rush of energy was vanishing into thin air, causing her to struggle with simple tasks such as maintaining her balance. "And her name's Kol."

[/html]
[html]

MAAAAAAAAAAYBE. =X

Aiden blinked in shock as the girl touched noses with him and spoke her mind. When she finally finished and pulled away, the male found himself throwing his head back in a blatantly honest fit of laughter before he bothered with his reply. When he grinned down at the girl, all his tension eased away and his blue eyes were glittering with amusement. Well, you've definitely got guts girl, and a good point. Still chuckling softly, he winked at her, his sapphire gaze taken by hers of amber.

Relaxing more, Aiden shifted an arm behind him, leaning back lazily. Either way, you're right, though I'll admit I'm extremely surprised to find someone still here who knows a relative. There are only two original branches of the Stormbringers left; Ravyn's line, and her brother Crow's. Though I do admit the bloodline is gaining strength again, I had thought most of us still remained with the two respective packs. Looks like the wanderlust is as much a part of us as...other traits are.

For a moment, the male pondered the name given to him. Kol...if he remembered correctly, she was one of Crow's youngest grandchildren, probably still nothing but a bratty pup the only time he'd met her. It had been ten months past, during the annual holiday the related lines took to reunite. How interesting that his cousin had been drawn to Souls as much as he'd been. So her name's Kol, mmm?

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

Alexey couldn't help but grin against her own will as the male bust out laughing. She didn't find anything particularly funny, but his laughter was contagious enough to make her change her demeanor. Why was he laughing anyway? She suddenly wondered if she was the source of his amusement, and that idea annoyed her a little bit. If that was the case, then he would get a piece of her mind. Attempting to mask her smile by frowning and puffing out her cheeks dramatically, she barked a warning. "What's so funny?"

Eventually, the stranger provided the Filix with an explanation to soothe her insecurities. So, he was a Stormbringer after all. Such a revelation was a direct boost to her pride, and she made no attempt to hide her contentment. Still, many questions tortured her mind. He might've been one of Kol's relatives and all, but how exactly was he related to her? His last question only fueled her need for information. "Do you even know who she is?" It didn't seem like it.

"And who are you?" With a name, she could always go to Kol for more data. Not that she really wanted to know more about this pain in the butt. Or maybe she did.

[/html]