this is not a drive by
[html]
I kinda assume that Spar and Alma decided to meet at the mansion before delivering the message to make sure everything is cheddar. Cause idk where Al lives. :B Also, leaving things a bit vague, so tell me anything needs to be changed!

While Sparrow had no objections with what her clan mate was doing, she could not help but wonder if she was thinking this through properly.

The mottled woman had met Alma the other day, which the Tribunus was requested to deliver a message to the dusky man. While she did not mind it, in fact feeling humbled, it was the message's contents that made her meek. But, she swallowed whatever emotions came up, and wrote out the woman's words letter for letter that night on a bit of parchment she gathered from the mansion. As she was finishing it that morning, though, she was curious as to what reaction the letter would pull out of the serious man.

Rolling it up neatly and tying it with a small bit of string, she let her cave and headed to the mansion, the parchment held in her hands. She soon made it to the back of the house in the Nod, close to the place where the clan had gathered a couple of days ago. All that needed to be done was to make sure there was nothing else to add or take away, and that she really wanted to go through with it. She wouldn't think someone would be as bold as Alma was with a male like Ithiel.

[/html]
[html]

Alma lives in the caverns, but she goes to the mansion often enough that I'm thinking of moving her. How about the library? Can we pretend this is before the 23rd? as otherwise her mood would be different due to finding out about Emma and Angel.

Alma's face held a quiet smile that seemed to stay with her each time she thought about Ithiel. She greatly enjoyed teasing him and making display emotion that his reserved nature seldom showed. It was almost a game, and one he hadn't seemed to mind... so far. She wasn't sure how far she could go before he objected. This might push it, she knew, but her curiosity at seeing his reaction would not allow her to stop.

"Hello," she grinned and stood up when Sparrow entered the library; the same grin she'd given when dictating the letter's contents. She was not the least bit ashamed now, although she had been slightly embarrassed when she first told Sparrow.

They were surrounded by bookshelves that were somewhat lacking in books - the library was rather barren. Nonetheless, it seemed like a fitting meeting place, and Alma had a few repairs to do on the mansion anyway. There was a pile of tools sitting beside her. She had been holding a hammer when Sparrow entered, and placed it aside now. "You've finished?"

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(337) We can predate this before the 23rd, yes; how does the 22nd sound?

As she stepped through the house and onto the library, she could not help but be impressed by it once more, as well intimidated. Though she visited the mansion daily, it was hard for Sparrow to get used to the interior of it, and wondered how some could live in something so... well, grand. She was used to simple quarters, and to imagine restingin a place like D'Neville was oppressing to her. But, luckily she took her space at the caverns like most of her clan mates and to go by the large building every other day was enough to soothe her curiosity about the place without getting overwhelmed.

Looking around at the books reminded the mottled coywolf of her first meeting with Myrika, but her memories were put to a stop as she spotted a brightly coated woman, and greeted her in reply. "Hi, Alma. How are you this morning?" She returned her grin with her own gentle smile as she settled near her, holding the message in front of her with both hands hands holding into it as if it would suddenly fly out of her grip.

"Yes, I completed it just this morning. I wrote down all that you told me to put, but I thought you should read it over in case you wanted to add, or remove, anything," the messenger stated, hinting the slightest that she hoped that she mulled over her actions long enough for her to be sure to go through with it. But, other than her subtle words, she showed nothing other than support for how courageous she was being. "Here it is." The woman held out the parchment for the other to grab after she untied the simple knot that kept it from unrolling. For a moment, she was worried that perhaps her handwriting was under par, but mentally shook her head, and told herself that she did well with the penmanship. All there was to worry about was to make sure everything was okay with Alma.

[/html]
[html]

sounds good. oh, and hit me if I take this long again

"I am good, and you?" The orange coyote answered. She hesitated a bit when Sparrow mentioned reading over the letter, and a hint of nervousness could be seen in her eyes. However, she didn't share the Tribunus's concern over its contents; rather, the coywolf was concerned because she couldn't read it.

Alma took the parchment from her hand and stared at its contents. She tilted her head in an attempt to make sense of the words. When that failed to produce any result, she turned the paper sideways, then upside down, then tilted it at an angle. "Uh..." At last, she pulled the parchment away from her eyes and looked back at the messenger. "I think it looks good. I don't see anything you should change," she answered, blatantly lying. To anyone else, it was probably painfully obvious that she didn't know how to read, but for some reason Alma thought she should cover up her last of knowledge, lest she look stupid.

She held out the letter so Sparrow could take it back and deliver it. She wasn't truly concerned that the woman had gotten anything wrong, so didn't need to read it anyway. Any mistake she might make would probably be minor, and one she wouldn't have noticed even if she had been able to read. Alma didn't think there was anything wrong with the original message, and trusted her fellow Infernian to not purposefully miswrite it.

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I think you can reply one more time, and then Sparrow shall paddle off to Ithiel! Big Grin And the wait wasn't that long. xD <3

Sparrow replied softly, "I am doing quite fine this morning, thank you." Her small smile faltered a little when she noticed the other seemed to be unsure about something, and her first thought went to that she was starting to rethink her actions. But, it did not seem it was the case; foremost, she had seemed absolute whenever she prompted her, and if she was having second thoughts, the mottled hybrid doubted that she would be vague about it like she was being now.

She became even more confused when Alma took the parchment, and began what she thought was reading. When she started to twisted her head, and then the message, the doe was not even sure if she was actually reading it. At least, she did not know anyone who read things like that, and thought it would be difficult if something was upside down--she knew, since she tried before. She took back the parchment when it was handed back to her, and despite the bright hybrid's words that everything was okay, she was not sure if she was be honest.

She rolled the letter back up once more and tied it, all the while wearing a hesitant face. "Are you... sure you read it right?" she asked, her questions shyly spoken,"...Can you read?" She did not want to offend her, but she could not think of any other words to say than the direct ones she stated. "Its okay, if you can't," Sparrow quickly added, in case she touched some topic that would make Alma upset. "I did not know how to read before I came to Inferni, either."

[/html]
[html]

Should I PM you the message?

Alma froze when the question of her reading ability was asked. She took on a deer in the headlights expression, becoming very still and her eyes going very wide. "Uhm..." There was something about not being able to read that bothered her. So many in her travels had thought she was stupid because of the way she talked - slow and carefully - that she tried her best not to do anything to prove them right. Her days of wandering had long since gone (and she'd lost her slowness of speech), but old habits remained. Alma still held some fear that others in Inferni might think she was stupid for not knowing something, even though most of the clan had been friendly to her.

When the mottled woman explained that she had been in a similar position, Alma relaxed. "Oh... yes..." She admitted, shyly - which was strange for her; she'd gained so much confidence since she came to Inferni. Her eyes darted to the ground. "I can't read at all. Or write." She paused and took a deep breath,"Could you teach me how to do that sometime?" She looked up at Sparrow, still showing some nervousness, "I mean - not now, since you have a message to deliver. But... later? It looks like a useful skill."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
slight time skip at the middle of the third paragraph. :B

Sparrow was about just as shaken as Alma. While it was not shock at the question, it was rather an anxious look about what her reaction would be. Though her clan mates were all kind, on varying levels, they were not all too shy to speak harshly when it was deemed necessary. Even when she brought it upon herself, she disliked getting fussed at. It made her nervous to no end, not knowing if it was only words that was going to be thrown.

But, she was clearly relieved when the bright female was only coy and far from angered. She listened as Alma admitted that she could not do either skill when it came to literacy, and smiled encouragingly to her. In her opinion, reading and writing was not something that made someone automatically smart or, if the abilities not honed, dull. After all, everyone was born not being able to read, and all had the chance to learn. "Of course!" Sparrow said with a soft gusto when asked to teach. "It is a very wonderful skill to have, indeed. We will have to do it soon--but, for now, I have to deliver this."

After making sure everything was ready and prepared, she left the Mansion with a quiet goodbye, and headed to the caves. Her steps were quick, and hoped that would catch Ithiel at the right time, and that he was there at all. A good amount of minutes passed, and she made her way to where the dusky-colored man laid his claim. When the mouth of the cave that scented strongly of him, she stopped at the enterance, and called out gently, "Ithiel? You in there?"

[/html]
[html]

(306)

Ithiel is by me!

The knife slid along the length of the straight stick. Ithiel scraped, drew his blade up, scraped again. His fingers held the would-be arrow lightly, and his blade expertly carved away the knots and bumps. They would alter the flight path, Ithiel knew, and so they must go. A pile of shavings sat before him, between his legs. A second pile of sticks, already carved to his specifications, sat beside him. A third pile of raw, uncut wood sat on his far side.

The dust-colored hybrid worked in silence. Though daylight streamed in through the entrance of his cave, the queer curve of the entryway kept most light out. One of his oil lamps was burning low, its meager supply of oil almost exhausted. It was enough for Ithiel. He did not need brilliant light to complete this work. His hands and fingers knew it as well as they knew the pages of his book.

His mind was blessedly quiet. The dust-colored hybrid did not want to think about his half-brother's departure and his cousin's newfound leadership. Ithiel felt no entitlement to the crown of Inferni, but there was a faint sense of disquiet in him all the same. Perhaps he should have gone with Ezekiel... but he could not even say if his presence was wanted. His brother might had turned him back. Birch brown ears twitched and his head snapped up to attention at the sound of a voice.

The dust-colored coyote stood and stretched sore limbs. He set the knife down on the rock shelf serving at his storage area and walked toward the entrance of his cave. The gray daylight grew brighter as he stepped forward. Sparrow stood outside of his cave, clutching something in her hand. Is everything alright? Ithiel asked, his tone even.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]