What's up with that hippie hat
ooc: All welcome! :3
Word Count: 448
[html]

Ivan and Luella had been the last of their rag-tag traveling companions; the others had all settled along the way, or gone off on their own to seek fortune. The two camped for one last night after Ella's acceptance, and then he walked her herd to the borders while she sailed the ship into a neat little cove. They met on the borders for Ella's livestock; then he was gone, walking across rolling hills without a single glance back. She thought that might have hurt the most.

Darkness and Windle had helped her herd the sheep and Margie to the place called Jordheim, where Ella carefully picked out a house. It had a small, closed-off area to the side, which was perfect for keeping the rambunctious Margie penned. She didn't know what she was actually supposed to do with her companions; surely they had a stable for sheep and goats, or at least horses.

Luella felt more comfortable with everyone close at hand. Thus, she herded Lady and Stanton into the would-be garden, closely followed by Darkness. It took a moment for her to find Margie, as the little billy goat had wandered off again. It took another moment to wrestle her in with the others. Margie flailed and nearly kicked her in the face, making Ella quickly switch tactics.

"Off with you, then," She let go and made little shooing motions with her hands, turning to lean against the fence. Margie trotted a few feet away, then stopped and turned around, ears flicking. She gave a cautious bleat, and Ella shooed her off again. Margie stayed where she was, and then trotted back, bleating again. Ella turned to look down her nose at the little nanny, raising her eyebrows. "Go on! Get."

Her response was a headbutt to the knee. Ella yelped and caught hold of the low stone wall, swinging the gate open. Margie trotted inside, making a sound that Ella would have called a snicker if she didn't know better. She closed the gate behind the little psychopath, and then slumped against the wall, rubbing her leg irritably. She let loose a chuckle, and then shook her head, bewildered.

Her thoughts spiraled wildly out of control, introducing ideas like goat-logic, and soon Ella's small chuckles had turned into nearly hysteric giggles, leaving her nearly incapacitated as she struggled to get air into her lungs between bouts of laughter. Darkness' creamy head peered at her over the wall, and his large eyes staring at her only made the laughter worse, her hand rising to push his nose out of her face. "Go on, Darkness," She giggled, "You're too funny-lookin' right now."

Modified Revo Template by Nat & Marie with code edits by Sam & Elena; Image by Wyldraven@dA

<style type="text/css">
.ellascrollOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/pJmrS.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#7f7f7f; width:415px; height:648px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; color:#201b12; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border: 4px double #000;}
.ellascrollInput {margin-left: 100px; margin-top: 130px; height: 285px; width: 280px; overflow:auto; border: 4px double #000; background-color:#7f7763; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 70); line-height:120%;}
.ellascrollInput b {color:#ead8b1; }
.ellascrollInput p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px; }
p.ellascroll-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:9px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 332Hey there, hope you don't mind a Grace :3

Running her hands over coloured dreads, the golden women gathered them up and efficiently tied the matted hair away from her face with a long leather strip, relief filling her as both the weight and irritation of her hair against her form was instantly reduced. As interesting as the dreads looked along with their lesser maintenance, there were days she honestly contemplated cutting it all off and returning to more normal styles seen on females of the lands; but stubborn as she was, she refused to conform to what others did and took pride in her own unique attitude and hairstyle, even if it done her head in every now and then.

Twisting and turning she leant in towards the shattered mirror mounted proudly upon the wall adjourning the door to the hill-house she had claimed as her own, which conveniently happened to be particularly close to a certain someone house by chance. As she checked herself out in the mirror she pulled a few faces before stepping away and brushing down the fur along her arms, golden tail swaying cheerfully behind her as she emerged from her new sanctuary to nosy around the strange little town the pack lived within.

Breathing in both scents and sights, the woman sought out any familiar faces, too prideful to directly go and knock upon the door of a certain canines house as much as she strangely missed his company. It infuriated her more that she was so interested in another despite their scarce meetings, his kindness had left her curious to know more.

Wandering around the lumps of green and heavy foliage the sounds of another’s voice, unknown to her, broke through the air. Ocean eyes focusing as her head swivelled in the direction the voice had come from, feet propelling her forward to investigate and learn more of her new pack members. “Hello?” she called out tentatively, her expression completely neutral for now until she knew whom it was she was dealing with.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
.KMTT_Grace p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Grace b {font-family:verdana; color:#530c01; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70492d 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Grace {background-color:#a45a29; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#1e1b19; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... grace2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:5px 0px 256px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Grace .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Grace .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5b1801; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
ooc: I love zee Grace! Big Grin
Word Count: 343

[html]

Ella dragged herself to her feet to gaze into the garden-made-pen. Her smile grew fond as she watched Stanton and Lady delicately inspect their new home, while Darkness poked his head over the wall and snuffed the grass growing just out of reach. She smiled at him, and moved to stroke his head, plucking handfuls of the long stems to feed to him. They stood like that for a moment more until Windle warned her of the coming stranger, swooping into the air with a shriek.

Ella whirled around, moving one hand protectively over Darkness' creamy head as she traced Windle's path with her eyes. She almost forgot they were in the packlands now, her instincts screaming danger. When the tentative greeting reached her ears, she blinked, her shoulders relaxing as her mind caught up with her body. Her nose informed her the "danger" was a packmate, and she laughed nervously, adjusting her hat.

"Hey there," Ella returned as the golden female came into view, pulling her scarf away from her face and adjusting her hat again so the newly exposed skin was still safe from the afternoon sunlight. Her smile was easy and relaxed, betraying nothing of the near-panic her neighbor had almost sent her into. Darkness nosed her shoulder, and she returned to petting him gently, grabbing another handful of grass.

Windle swooped down over the woman's head to land on Ella's shoulder, shrieking in her ear. She winced at the sound, reaching up with her free hand to reassure him. As she looked over the stranger, she gave a small, shy smile, and offered somewhat timidly, "I like your hair." She'd seen dreads like that only once before, not counting brief glimpses of people in Freetown; she'd always admired how different they were. Ella's own hair was, at the moment, simply white; the dye had washed out about a week ago, and she hadn't had time to make more. She lifted her hat a bit to rub at it self-consciously, tugging on her bangs before affixing her hat once more.

Modified Revo Template by Nat & Marie with code edits by Sam & Elena; Image by Wyldraven@dA

<style type="text/css">
.ellascrollOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/pJmrS.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#7f7f7f; width:415px; height:648px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; color:#201b12; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border: 4px double #000;}
.ellascrollInput {margin-left: 100px; margin-top: 130px; height: 285px; width: 280px; overflow:auto; border: 4px double #000; background-color:#7f7763; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 70); line-height:120%;}
p.ellascroll-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:9px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 439 Grace is way too friendly xD Although i'll warn you now, she can and will insult/get sarcastic without warning Smile

It has been a few days now since she had relocated to Vinatta, making her home in Jordheim and so far she was aware of only one particular neighbour of whom she longed to interact; the other houses had appeared vacant as far as the golden women was aware. Approaching she soon sighted a woman who from where the Risna stood appeared roughly around the same age as the golden librarian. Picking her feet up she closed more of the distance between her self and the women, stopping at a polite distance where both parties could comfortably communicate with each other, ocean eyes turning from the woman onto her companions, noticeably the stunning example of a draft horse; the breed name she had learnt from reading books shortly after taking Mai on as her own and encountering problems with the untrained paint mate.

When her greeting was returned she slumped her hip to the side, a sly, easy going smile spreading across black lips, the woman’s posture not dominant but held with self assurance. “I'm Grace. Grace D'Angelo. I'm your neighbour, my house” she twisted her upper body so that she faced back in the direction she had come from, looking toward the green mound of a house she now called home “is that one” he waved her hand in the general indicated direction before turning back to the woman. “And thanks. They are a pain to maintain but the most definitely help to make conversation and draw attention” she responded cheerfully, proud of her irritable dreads. “If you like 'em I can do your hair for you at some point? Did one of the girls hair back in my old pack and with the library not up yet I find myself with a rather lot of free time. Plus it's only good to get my face out with the new pack and all” she added, chuckling briefly at the end. “I've got dyes and stuff lying around, so if you ever wanna try something out, just knock on my door. Seriously, I am starting to think I may die of boredom around here” lips pulled back to flash the woman a toothy grin.

“And I gotta say, he is stunning and seemingly so well behaved” she spoke whilst looking at the horse with open wonder and jealousy, “My Mai is outright horrid; she's the paint in the stable area. If you wanna come out in one piece, don't go near her” she warned, “And sorry if i'm talking a lot. Kinda been holed up in my house sorting stuff out so i'm kinda... deprived of socialization I suppose”

Photo courtesy of Analog Weapon, texture by SweettEmottion

<style>
.KMTT_GraceGRunge p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge b {font-family:verdana; color:#a85f4d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge {background-color:#f5e9c5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/gracetable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:321px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
ooc: Haha! Ella would take that as a twisted sense of humor and laugh. |D
Word Count: 467
[html]

The golden woman adopted an easy-going posture, and Ella gave a lopsided grin, leaning back against the fence near Darkness as Grace introduced herself. "I'm Luella Frisk." She returned, and leaned so that she could make out the house Grace indicated as her own. It wasn't too far; Ella felt more comfortable, knowing there were pack mates close at hand. She nodded to show she'd seen, and her smile grew excited as Grace told her more about the dreads in her hair and offered to do Ella's for her. She hadn't expected to make a would-be friend so quickly, though it had happened plenty of times before; somehow, it seemed impossible. She lifted her hat to run a hand over her ponytail as Grace talked, grinning shyly.

"Mine is usually dyed, but I've been on the road," She explained, indicating the very faint colors in the tips of her ponytail. "I've got plenty of herbs for dye, but no time to make them. I suppose that's going to change now, though," She added thoughtfully. "I'd love if you could do my hair. Yours is so pretty." Luella offered another grin. Grace explained about the free time she had, with the library not up yet, and the albino hybrid's eyes popped open, her mouth forming an awed O. "I've never seen an honest-to-god library before! The pack has one? Or will, I mean," She amended. She thought perhaps she'd be able to offer some help with the library; perhaps building, or helping Grace maintain it, as was so obviously her job.

Ella returned Grace's grin with one of her own, and then glanced to Darkness as the conversation turned to him. He flicked an ear at her, stretching his neck out to nibble at the tips of grass. The wall was low enough that he could jump out if he wanted to, but what the golden woman had noticed was true; he was well-behaved, placid almost, and very much content to remain where he was put. Luella rubbed a hand over his nose fondly.

"Darkness hasn't always been so well-behaved," She chuckled, "He used to be a hellion. Couldn't get him to do anything I wanted him to. But that was because his previous owners were too harsh," She glanced over the wall to the nearly-invisible scars on his flanks. "He calmed down once he realized I wouldn't hurt him. We've got sort of an understanding now." Darkness blew his breath gently in her face in agreement, and turned a calm, dark gaze on Grace, blinking slowly. He was always curious about other canines, though sometimes wary at first; nowadays he seemed to have a sixth sense about who would hurt him and who wouldn't, having gotten over the idea that everyone would. Ella was proud of him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 405 Sorry about the wait and soo not happy with this post @_@

Perhaps others would view her as overly friendly or even perhaps a busy-body. Neither where what she was intending to be, for the golden woman simply liked to keep good relations with those around her and make sure that they are okay. Thankfully her upfront friendliness didn't appear to put the other women off who introduced herself shortly after the librarian face her own name, blue eyes watching curiously at the removal of the pale woman's hat listening intently to the other speak, relishing in finally being able to be social once more over sorting through her own things and keeping primarily to herself. “What colour? Seems to have faded a fair bit, shame. Colourful hair is always nice to see on others!” as she spoke she closed in a little more, beaming a smile at the women as the subject continued upon that of hair. Dipping her head she nodded it lightly, dreads bouncing and the weight of them tugging at her head from the small motion as they always did. “I guess it does take awhile, now that you mention it” pursing her lips she recalled back in the caves when she has last made dyes “Although when I swapped packs I had to leave many of my herb collection behind, too impractical to take it all with me I suppose”

The woman’s grin seemed to be contagious and with the compliment to boot the golden woman couldn't stop herself from mimicking the woman's expression. “Thank you. You got anything in mind you'd particularly like to try out? I mean, I can do dreads easy but i'm okay with other styles” back when she hadn't had dreads she used to play around with hairstyles with her own hair and she was confident in a variety of them, even if she hadn't reproduced them on anyone but herself thus far. “Yup! There will be or at least there has been talk of it. The only thing I miss about my old pack are the books really” which wasn't the whole truth but that was for her to know only.

“Darkness is it. Name definitely suits a stunner like you; shame your previous owners didn't know how to respect and treat such a fine creature” the words were directed at the horse in high speech, the librarian caring little if her exact message got across but she figured her tone of voice would be enough.

Photo courtesy of Analog Weapon, texture by SweettEmottion

<style>
.KMTT_GraceGRunge p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge b {font-family:verdana; color:#a85f4d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge {background-color:#f5e9c5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8329/gracetable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:321px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_GraceGRunge .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]