Pass the Time
[html]
Word Count :: 322 Niro has no mohawk, his shoulder is the most bandaged, but he has bandages on his face, arms legs and his foot is in a cast. I am not sure what other injuries he's going to have, but those are the most extensive.

Niro had been awake for a day and asleep for five before that. He was afraid and yet he had to act strong for his children and mate. He was in terrible pain but there wasn’t much he could do about that, he knew he wouldn’t be able to move around for a while and wished he had fallen asleep in his lupus form... at least then he could walk on three paws instead of one... but the case now was he’d have to find something that would help him walk if he wanted to get out. Unfortunately he couldn’t even crawl. The cuts were far too fresh and barely started to heal. The gash on his shoulder was the worst of it in his opinion, though he knew that the worst thing the woman could ever do was rip the tendon of his ankle apart. Because of that he knew he was never going to hunt again.

It was a cool partially cloudy day and he was sitting up watching the clouds outside as they moved. Orin had kept the window open so Marahute could come and go as she pleased. It made Niro happy that the bird came to visit. He was glad the bird cared and knew that the rest of his family should visit soon. He saw them recently but even now he wished he was home in his cave enjoying a meal he caught.With a sigh he closed his eyes telling himself over and over that he would get through this. Marahute’s wing had been broken clean and he thought she would never fly again. But with his tender care and the help of the woman whos’ mate shot her, she was healed fully and could fly again. He too would hunt. He would do everything in his power to get that back. Then he would hunt the red faced woman and kill her.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Aww :: 492

Ro had been gone for almost two weeks now, which also meant Heiro had been headache free, but the puppy was still too naive to put two and two together. He had sulked in the beginning, truly thinking his friend was mad about the ditch then and then the horses, but when his father had come back home from his trip and was covered in blood, all thoughts of Ro had temporarily disappeared and all that mattered was staying near dad. He set up a watchful vigil, coming in and out of his parent’s room often to look at his slumbering father and sniffing at his bandaged wounds. He whined and fussed over the man who wouldn’t wake up, but momma had assured him he just needed rest and he’d wake up soon.

So Heiro had busied himself for one day out at sea with Uncle Kable and came back hopeful for his father to wake up, but it was the same as before. A deep sleep had taken over the grey wolf and robbed him of consciousness, but that had not stopped the two toned puppy from curling up beside him the night before and running out to the shoreline in the morning to bring a little treasure back. In fact, Heiro had been doing that every day since Niro was laid up in bed. In a basket at the foot of his parents shared bed, Heiro had collected long goose feathers, sun bleached pieces of coral, large conch shells, bits of sea glass, and today he was on his way back with a petrified starfish.

It had been a rare find indeed, but after meticulous beach combing of the small rock pools on the shore, Heiro had found a bright sorbet pink starfish that had dried out over the years. He had originally thought it was alive because of the bright colors, but upon picking it up with his mouth, he realized it was as hard as a rock and missing the small tentacles underneath. Upon finding this treasure, he had immediately ran back towards the Chien Hotel, feeling guilty for going out on the ocean yesterday when he should’ve stayed with his comatose father. He ran up the stairs to his family’s living quarters as fast as his black and white paws could carry him and when he burst into his parents room, he dropped the starfish to the floor with a loud thud.

Da!? Daddy! He cried, jumping up onto the bed sandy paws and all and shaking his butt back and forth with happiness. You wake now! He squealed over and over as he gingerly placed puppy licks randomly on Niro’s face and body. Dis, I got for you! He said as he leaped off the bed, retrieved the starfish, and scrambled back onto the bed to place the fossilized thing in Niro’s hands.

<style>
.hiero1 b {color:#C1E3FF;}
.hiero1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.hiero1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:100px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rUBHM.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#58A9FE; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 250 OOC: Seems he's not so heavily bandaged on his body thankfully so we can downplay that, but mostly shoulder, face and foot.

At the sound of a puppy voice, he knew who had come into the room. Up came Heiro, his son, the young boy’s tail moved so rapidly Niro swore the rest of his body was shaking as well. Niro chuckled a few times before rememering it hurt to just smile. He reached up his good arm and ruffled the fur on the boys head and nodded to him.

“Hey, how’s my big boy, you’re taking care of Momma and sissy right?”

He asked, but before the boy could say anything he jumped down and brought up the fossilized starfish. Niro looked at it and took it gingerly with his paw. A gleam in the man’s eye he looked over to his young son, a proud happy father grin on his face.

“It is very handsome, thank you. I’ll put it over here... ow”

He had bend over to get the starfish on the nightstand but it was too much of a reach for him and the pain from his shoulder shot through him like a million needles. He could only cringe one side of his face as the other bore the markings that had been reopened by the woman. Hesighed and looked at Heiro, trying to relieve the boy with the smile. The pain was still there and it seemed to be growing but he would not say a word about it. Heiro was here and he loved his little visitor.

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Woah, super late! I sowee! :: 317

Big boy! Yep yep yep yep! He chanted gleefully, tail still whipping back and forth energetically behind him as he nodded his head vigorously. I take good care of Momma and sissy, yes I did, he assured his father whose eyes seemed to glisten at the fossilized starfish in his hand. Heiro had done well. The pup was overjoyed with his find and the reaction he was getting out of his father. The two toned hybrid wasn’t sure what he would’ve done if his father were to stay in his coma for another second longer. He was so incredibly happy that Niro was awake, talking, and giving him his attention. The overjoyed monthling kept fighting the urge to bowl his father over, it was times like this that he wished he could stand on two legs so he could hug his father instead of soaking his fur with wet puppy kisses.

You like et? You like et! Imma good big boy right dah?Heiro was getting carried away now, but his antics immediately stopped when his battered father winced in pain. Oh no...oh no no no no...I got it, he said, scrambling off the bed and taking the starfish gently in his mouth to place on the nightstand for him. He stretched up on his back hind legs in order to reach the surface from the floor, and then hesitantly let go of the fossil. Satisfied that it wasn’t going to fall off the stand, he turned his attention back to his dad even though he wasn’t buying the pained smile on his face. Wut appened daddy? The pup asked with a sad look in his ice blue eyes. Can Heiro make it bedda? A soft whine emanated from him as he carefully nuzzled his face into his father’s leg.

<style>
.hiero1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.hiero1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:100px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rUBHM.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#58A9FE; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 379 OOC: you better be!! <3

Love for the young Catori boy boiled up as he spoke of taking good care of his mother and sister. Niro believed him to. He could take care of them as much as any four month old could. He was glad to be awake and see his son, and hopefully soon his daughter and mate. Who, he was sure quite furious with him right now. It was the third time he got hurt, the second while mated to her.

“That’s good. I am happy you are taking good care of them.”

Niro smiled at the young boy who seemed to just want to please his father. He gave the boy a thankful smile as he got the starfish and carefully put it up on the end table.

“Wow Heiro, you’ve most definitely gotten bigger since I saw you last. How much bigger do you think you’ve gotten?”

Niro asked with praise to his son. He had actually gotten a bit bigger, a few weeks ago and he wouldn’t have been able to make the table and put the starfish up on it successfully. He asked what happened as he returned to the bed and Niro sat up a little more trying not to show the pain that etched through him as he moved.

“There are bad people in the world son. Ones we need to protect our families from. I was caught by surprise. I won’t ever let that happen again.”

He explained as best as he could for the pup. He didn’t want to give him nightmares so he would not explain anything that happened to him other than the explanation he gave the boy.

“You are making me feel much better just by visiting me and giving me all this beautiful stuff.”

He had noticed the pile of different shells and treasures that the boy had collected for Niro and even though Heiro would one day forget about them or think them just tossed out Niro would still have them as a reminder of his son and his love for his father. He just ahd to make sure no one else tossed them before he could find the perfect spo

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
:: 387

Now that his father was home, Heiro felt like he could do anything. With his chin propped up on his leg, he felt safe and at peace now that his family was all together again. It pained the pup to see his father so terribly beaten up and a part of him wanted to seek out the “bad person” that had done this to him and correct the wrong that had been made. Of course a child wasn’t capable of doing such things, especially one who didn’t know how to use his nose yet, or even walk a few hundred yards without wanting to lay down and take a nap. These were all puphood fantasy that couldn’t be carried out unless he became an adult. And will it he would, oh how he longed to be able to stand on two legs one day and do all the things he had watched his parents do.

Aye did grow! He squealed with glee, lifting his head from his father to look down at his sturdy white paws. The fuzzy babe had probably grown a couple of inches in width and height while his father had been gone. Could be fi or sevin inches maybe? A complete exaggeration, but his growth was true. He was much bigger than Tasha and still had a ways to go. Heiro would someday be an exceptionally large hybrid. His happy antics took on a sad slump as Niro explained as best as he could to the child what had happened. Why they eggs-ist? He asked about the bad people, while his brain thought about Ro. Was Ro considered to be one of these bad entities?

It was a puzzling thought as Ro often times had Heiro do things that could be considered bad, but they hadn’t hurt anyone...yet. If Ro made him do these things, then was Heiro bad? This thought disturbed the puppy. He didn’t want to be bad or grouped in with the person who attacked his father. He barely heard Niro’s assurance about his presents and company improving his mood, but Hei allowed his tail to wag off mindedly, thoughts completely absorbed with the concept of “bad people” and whether or not he belonged to the club.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 334 OOC: sorry about the wait on this one ; ; I know i need Niro posts too lol...

Niro hated that the boy had to be subjected to the harsh lands at such a young age, but he would eventually have to learn and seeing what he had subjected to his sister... trying to protect her but never teaching her how to protect herself, well it hurt her more than it helped her and since she had spoken to him and revealed everything that happened to her, he vowed to get his own children and own family even within the pack, ready. Not just protect them but teach them.

“Oh my Heiro, I really think you have. Wow, I am very impressed! I should hope to see you finish growing from now on. I know I promised we would go hunting as soon as I got home, but I think that will have to hold off for a while.”

He said apologetically to his son. He knew how excited the boy was about hunting and he was near the age where he could start learning and get the feel of what it was like to take down something, even a leaf. Now Niro wouldn’t be the one who could teach him that right away and it made the man feel horrible. A question came out of Heiro’s mouth that Niro could not answer and he was at loss for words. At least for a short while, because he knew he would have to answer the boy in any way he could.

“I don’t know son, they are here to make a challange for us, to make sure that we become stronger as a whole I suppose.”

What else could he say? that they were there to kill them all just because they had a problem with the world? He doubted that would bode too well for a pup of Heiro’s age, now if he were older and understood the world more and asked that question Niro was sure his answer would be different.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
:: 422

He couldn’t be evil. He didn’t feel that way at least and sometimes Ro just seemed misguided, so Hei couldn’t include his friend to this group either. S’alrigh Da...you need healin noaw, the puppy solemnly nodded. He could wait to hunt, no way was he about to tell Niro that Ro had taken him out on a few little “hunting expeditions” already. In fact, those little adventures only served one purpose, plaguing poor Heiro’s mind with images of the mashed up mice and rabbits they had managed to catch with a few discarded fisher’s nets. Ro insisted they were making witches brew...or some sort of potion like that, but everytime it came to someone drinking the icky concoction they came up with, neither Ro nor Heiro had the stomach for it. Of course, Ro claimed Heiro was a coward and usually coerced him into trying a lick of the gross mixtures, but that was as far as they went.

Playtime with Ro was becoming more sinister than Heiro had anticipated, but the boy could feel himself pulling away from the red-eyed wolf pup. Something about Ro wasn’t right, but after a few days or weeks of not seeing him, Heiro always fell back into the same patterns. He adored his friend even if he was a bully and oftentimes violent. He was the only great friend he had other than Tasha, but she didn’t technically count because they had to love each other. Well, that’s what Ro said anyway...so really, the wolf pup was Heiro’s only friend. Of course the prince wanted to hold onto him!

That’d make you plenny strong huh Da? Heiro asked as his ice eyes roved over his father’s body. Whomever Niro had run into, they’d given him quite the challenge! Nex time daddy...nex time Hei’ll be there for ya, he insisted, nosing Niro’s freehand in hopes his father would stroke his head. He hadn’t realized how much he missed this simple gesture of affection from his father. Amaranth sometimes smothered him with affection, but anything from Niro simply lit up his little world. I fedded yer birdies Pa...they lyke Heiro, he smiled now thinking about the many times they’d cooed at his arrival, but his little grin diminished when he thought about the times Ro had been with him and the birds had gone crazy with anxiety in their cages. Ah well, the less father knew the better.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 324

Niro smiled at his son, happy he was ok with the circumstances of his homecoming and not worried about the hunt that was promised him. It filled him with pride to know he had such good children.

“When I get out of this bed I’ll be able to teach you something I swear that much. Did you make any new friends lately?”

He asked, wondering if he met any of the other pack. It was nice to get out there, but being the youngest and only pups they had little choices on who to play with right now. Jiva had been the same way and Niro wondered if they just picked the wrong times to have pups. At least Heiro and Tasha had each other Jiva had Niro and his mother, and sometimes his uncles and aunts.

“I won’t let something like that happen again.”

He laughed at the pups enthusiasm and he was just asking for a head rub, which Niro obediently obliged. He loved showing his love for his children, even if they were born in their natural forms. It was good for them too because it got them use to things as touching and physical contact with other wolves which was usally highly encouraged especially in a pack.

“Thanks for feeding them. I am sure they love you even more now that you did. They didn’t try to munch on you too did they.”

He asked raising an eyebrow smiling wickedly at his son, he wasn’t all serious and when it came to his children he wanted them happy and comfortable. Most of the time the jokes were at his own expense, but he liked to tease the pups in ways he was sure wouldn’t scare them. As he spoke though he made little pecking motions with his good hand and started tickling at his son, grinning widely.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
:: 435

Heiro nodded enthusiastically in response to his father’s promising of teaching him something new once he was better. The pup could only jump to conclusions as to what the lessons would be about. So far, the black and white babe enjoyed all things animals, sailing, chasing ducks, hunting (though Niro didn’t know this), and riding horses. Surely Niro could show him something he had never seen or experienced before. Hei immediately thought of falconing as it wasn’t a secret how well his father commanded and mastered birds. Could the little Prince become just as good? The ball of energy wiggled back and forth as his curled tail cut through the air happily. He would try his best to excel at anything Niro put before him. He only hoped to make his father proud and become an impressive adult just like him.

Ay’ve spen tayme wit famlee mosly...but I meet Sil-van-oh en Tare-rah, he explained, tail still wildly whipping back and forth. Not menny ittle ones tho, he said in a more somber voice, head gently shaking side to side in the physical language of “no”. His heart sped up when Niro obliged to his sneaky request of head rubs and his tongue lolled out to the side as he enjoyed his father’s touch. An an da birdies...yes de love Hei...I did good Da...for ya, he said solemnly as his tail slowed down it’s chaotic path through the air, but not for long! Niro’s hands became scary pinching machines on their way to Heiro’s body, and the pup immediately broke out into laughter, rolling onto his back and pawing at the air. Hei’s laughter subsided and he fiercely closed his eyes shut in attempt to “disappear”. His thought process was if he couldn’t see them, they they couldn’t see him right?

A few seconds passed when he puppy’s ice blue eyes flashed open with an interesting memory. Me en Tosh find crabbies on the beach! He squealed, excitement back at its highest peak. He jumped off the bed and tried to mimic the shuffling side to side travels the crabs had done for his father. In Heiro’s mind, nothing was new to his all-knowing father Niro, and this made the young one adore him all the more. The wiggle worm slowly walked back to the bed and placed his chin on the blankets, softly nosing his father’s side once more. Don tell n-e-one, but I was scurred wit you gon’ Da, kids say the darndest things.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 417OOC: Heiro is too cute!!

Niro was glad that Heiro was making new friends and he was smiling up until the point the pup said Terra’s name. His smiled went to a distrustful frown and he closed his eyes then making the decision.

“I don’t want you associating with the likes of Terra. She is a bad influence, rude and she’ll put you in too much danger. But I am glad that you are making new friends, I am sure there may be some more friends, aunt Orin’s pups should be out and about soon.”

He said, his voice stern. He wasn’t going to forbid the boy all his friends, but he wanted to let him know how he felt about Terra, after the incident with her when he first rejoined, well he was not too thrilled with her like. THough his sternness disappeared when the puppy rolled onto his back, exposing his belly, basically daring Niro to tickle him and that was exactly what he did. He tickled him for a short while before letting him up for breath and did it again. If it weren’t for the boys headaches and mischief he would be one of his best children yet, but those two factors made Niro and Amaranth be on their guard to make sure he didn’t get into any trouble. Though that was all forgotten when he spoke of finding crabs and jumping off the bed to mimick one. Niro laughed and pulled up a finger.

“I got too close to one, when your mommy was younger we found one and it bit me right here. She laughed at me because I didn’t know what it did.”

He said grinning. There was no sign as it never broke the skin. Niro had even been a man then at the time, but Mara, she was probably the children’s age at the time and she was highly amused. Though his smile fell away slightly as the boy confessed his fears and Niro’s heart went out to him.

“There is nothing to fear when I am away because I really am never away from you. I live right here, where it’s safe and warm.”

He said poking very gently at the boys left side where his tiny little heart beat. He knew it would be little help to the boy he was still rather young to understand such philosophical things but it was always good to teach them early.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
:: 339

The child listened to his father’s tale of Terra and the caution behind his words. It was clear that Hei could no longer seek out this court member or even attempt to cultivate any type of relationship with her. No matter for the little Prince, he barely knew the woman but from all he had seen and witnessed, she was just as tricky as Ro. He didn’t really need to troublemakers in his life, but Heiro immediately began to think of Terra as one of those “bad” people that create challenges in ones life in attempt to make them better.

Thought catalogued away in his brain, the child looked up at his father with knowing eyes and nodded in response. He’d do as Niro said and stay away from the untrustworthy woman. Ro put him in enough danger, he didn’t need another leading him astray.

Told about how his father had come across crabs with his mommy, Heiro’s tail began to wag once more as he let out a few chuckles. He couldn’t imagine his great big daddy getting pinched by the armored creatures. Der pinchies are vewy sharp! Hei said knowingly, though his skin hadn’t been sacrificed between the barbaric claws, a crab had latched onto his fur and hadn’t let go until he stopped panicking. He had learned his lesson that day and would steer clear from the gurgling things from now on. The creepy stalk eyed things were meant to be left alone.

Heiro’s eyes widened as his father’s hand came forward to touch the fur over his beating heart. The eyes narrowed a bit as his little brain tried to comprehend what his daddy was telling him. Haow culd you fit Da? He asked, his nose and eyebrows wrinkled now in confusion, but questioning shortly turned into laughing. Surely Niro had no idea what he was talking about. He couldn’t fit inside Heiro, no way no how. Tasha was always the brighter pup.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 219 OOC: yeaaahhhh short bus post!

Niro smiled at his son who’s response was what he hoped it would be and close his eyes hoping that the boy would be good to his word, but sincerely doubted it, and it wouldn’t be the poor kids fault if he did run into her. He opened his eyes again as the pup was excited about Niro’s tale of the crab he laughed and nodded at the boys knowing response and broght his nose down to him “You are so right, if you were there then, maybe you could have warned me about them” He said giving a soft chuckle.

“Oh I may not be big on the outside, but my spirit and love can fit in your own little heart as you fit in mine. I carry your love, your sister’s love, your brother’s love, and mother’s love in my heart as well as anyone else who I love and they love me back.” He said, now knowing he was diving into dangerous territory, and he hoped the pup would just be a pup and accept this as a good enough answer, but Heiro was a smart boy and he had plenty of questions. Niro sat up som more using his only hand he could to pus himself against the headboard.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
:: 447

Heiro would’ve liked to save his father from the most likely painful pinch of the crab’s claws, but then he knew Niro couldn’t possibly be his father in that scenario. The thought made Hei sad, so a part of him was happy those things had happened to his daddy in the past, and he was sure his former mohawked father had learned his lesson. With some effort and a little bark, Heiro managed to scramble back up onto the bed and snuggled close to his father’s side. It was okay that his dad couldn’t take him out exploring right now. He understood the man needed rest, and for now, the little two-toned babe was willing to keep him company and maybe even snooze in the afternoon beside him. He was just overjoyed that Niro was finally awake and desperately hoped the sleepiness that seemed to steal over him the in afternoon would stay away so he could spend more time with his father. Of course these were all thoughts in vain, as Heiro’s afternoon nap was approaching like clockwork.

The little tyke let out a yawn before his cool blue eyes focused on his father’s face once more. His giggling from before had ceased while he listened intently to Niro’s explanation. He wanted to know why his father thought he could fit in Heiro’s heart of all places. The battered man spoke of his spirit and this was something Hei understood. Well, had some sort of knowledge about. Ro seemed to be afraid of spirits and claimed he did not have one, but the shadowed wolf pup had told Heiro that most everyone had a spirit and he could see them. A part of the hyrbid didn’t want to believe what Ro had said, but one look in those laughing scarlet eyes told him that Ro was actually telling the truth. Heiro had come to think of a spirit as some sort of pet that followed your around, but Ro said it was an “extension” of a living creature. Hei didn’t know what an “extension” was, but he figured it was something important.

His little head bobbed beside his father’s leg in understanding as Niro propped himself back on the headboard. Haow many pieces of da sprit do we have? He asked, suddenly afraid that if his father’s spirit was in his heart, his mommy’s, Tasha’s, and Jiva’s, that he wouldn’t have enough spirit for himself! Ken it talk? Do aye have a big un? Ken aye see it? Ken you see mine? He bombarded his father with questions as another yawn broke free from his mouth.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 250 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Niro couldn’t help but smile at the boys toothy yawn, it was about that time and he let him curl up next to him, his little fuzzy body was warm and he felt his heart fill up with love. No matter how many children he had he would still look at each and every one of them with that still wonder, as though, how could he create such a beautiful thing? How did Amaranth feel knowing she had three puppies that grew and flourished? Well so far... he started petting and rubbing on the boy finding his favorite spots, loving the bond he had with his son.

He took his time in answering the boy, that was a hard question and he wasn’t going to just blurt anything out; “Your spirit is infinite, it can’t be measured in size or weight or anything you can see... and no you can’t see it, I can’t see it, but I can feel it. The love that I have for you, tasha, anyone i care for blossoms out when I think of you. That is their spirit telling you they are there and they still care about you.” The answer was tricky but Niro was satisfied with it, this was how he felt even though he knew it was mostly his heart beating faster, giving him warm and happy sensations, but there was no logic to that in him when he knew that love was just that and more.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Nothing like childlike innocence. :: 400

This was arguably one of Heiro’s favorite places, snuggled up next to a loved one. A sleepy smile formed on his little black lips as he felt his father’s loving caress against his body. He still had the fuzzy duckling look to his coat, another month would bring in the silken strands of his adult coat, but for now, Heiro truly resembled one of the furry caterpillars of fall. Smalls whines of happiness emanated from his ball like form as he wiggled even closer against his father’s side. Being pet and scratched in all his favorite spots was quickly sending the child into naptime mode, but his ears remained perked forward as he listened for his father’s answers to his pressing questions. He had to know more about these things called spirits and he desperately wanted to find out why Ro claimed he didn’t have one.

His little sky blue eyes widened with surprise. Wot’s inf-nit? He asked cautiously. Something that couldn’t be measured boggled Hei’s growing mind. Surely this inf-nit business was important, or at least it sounded that way. He thought hard about what his father said. And closed his eyes tight. I tink I ken feel yore sprit Dad, he said as his eyes reopened. He knew how much Niro loved him and in a sense could feel that when he was around him, but the thought was still quite foreign to him. Ay’m glad ya ken feel my sprit... he mused, wondering if the rest of his family could feel his too.

After thinking for a bit, the little prince spoke up again. Wat if ay’m too far away to feel it? Concern now washed over his face. It was a true fear he felt. If Niro or Amaranth or even Tasha was too far away, how could they feel each other’s spirits? Ken a sprit get stuck? He asked, the worry now apparent on his face. Wat about da ded? He asked almost in a whisper. These were all very important questions he needed answers to.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 305 OOC: Le gasp, those are hard questions to answer woman!!

Niro cringed as he forgot, no matter how mature he seemed, Heiro was still a pup and still learning, but he supposed this was also a good way to learn is if he used bigger words himself, at least the boy would ask if he did not know “Infinite is something that is never ending, there will always be more of, with what we are talking about now.” He said, feeling satisfied. He grinned at the boy when he said he could feel his spirit and Niro nodded happily knowing the boy was catching onto what Niro said. Then the boy asked questions that went deep, deeper than anything a pup his age asked him, or he had even ever thought of.

“The thing is, you can never be too far away from my spirit or anyone else’s you love. It is the type of spirit that doesn’t have life in it, but love, and that’s what you keep with you, so spirits can’t get stuck and even when a loved one dies their love spirit I guess you can call it, stays with all they love, you are a smart kid, you’ll understand more soon enough though, When you’re older I’m sure.” Niro said, it was his way of saying that’s enough questions, which also translated into I don’t think I can answer anything deeper than that, but to a child it was just an answer saying that’s as good as you are going to get. Niro knew little of spirits or death and he didn’t want to care to find out more, especially since he killed many wolves defending himself a s a young boy. He didn’t want to find out exactly what was going on in their heads or where they were headed once they died.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Someone’s cranks before naptime. :: 3+

Heiro listened to his father adoringly. He’d believe anything his the gray man would tell him and usually ate up every story told. The concept of lying was something he was beginning to experience with Ro, but he knew deep in his heart that he’d never be able to keep secrets from his Dad if it really did feel like lying. His eyes widened with the explanation of infinite. Such a small word to describe something so huge. Heiro decided he liked this word infinite and he’d try to use it in his everyday vocabulary. He liked to think, though he wasn’t a scholar, he still had some pretty good smarts.

He inched even closer to his father, relieved that he would always be able to feel his spirit and his dad would be able to feel his. The complicated sentiment of spirits was dawning on him now and though he had initially feared a spirit would die with its owner, he was relieved to hear that wasn’t the truth and his own spirit could never get caught somewhere. His head nodded with understanding. It was always when you were older that you’d understand. He tiredly sighed at this. S’no fun bein’ a kid, he huffed under his breath. He just wanted to be an adult like everyone else so he could take on court responsibilities and be a real man. He was getting restless with Tasha and Ro as his only age appropriate playmates. He wanted more, but more importantly, he wanted to feel like an adult with all the grown up friends he had made. He was sick of being the baby.

Ay’m never gonna shift! He growled, a tinge of anger entering his diminutive voice now. He’d ask what it was like if you didn’t have a soul later, now that his mind was occupied on growing up fast. If he willed hard enough, it would happen right?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 368 Shall we end, so we get a new thread going? Big Grin

Niro could see the boy was getting tired as he snuggled closer to his father, it was silent for a bit as Heiro digested every word that Niro said into his brain, at least that’s what Niro was hoping, it was probably just thinking about food right now for all he really knew. At Heiro’s outburst Niro jumped and looked at his black and white child, cringing only slightly from the pain that shot through his hurts from his sudden movement. He blinked and remembered saying those same words when he was a pup, “it’s not so bad, you know when I was a pup I had a bookworm of a sister to contend with and no one else. It was just me her and my family. I know you’re smaller than the others but soon you’ll grow up too fast and wish you were a kid again.” He knew his words wouldn’t be listened to but he hoped it would keep the boy happy at least for a little while.

“Oh you will shift! Give it some time buddy, why rush? I know it’s hard to wait, but sometimes it’s better to be patient.” Again something the boy would likely let move from one ear and out the other. It just nullified Niro’s own brain that he said it to make the young pup feel better. It was true he was sure to change both his parents were luperci and he was born into it. He ruffled the boy’s fur, lightly this time because he knew he was getting tired, he made himself comfortable, knowing that a nap would be quite soon and sleep would be good for Niro as well as Heiro. He loved his son and it was nice to get one on one time with the child, though the man wished he could use that time better than to tell stories. Like showing him how to hunt, or leather work, or even make a carving, but then... Heiro was too young to shift so much of that he couldn’t do. No hunting, oh how he missed hunting and he feared he would never be able to do it again.

<style>
[/html]