Incentive
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet watched Firefly carefully as she chuckled suddenly. It surprised her, because this whole time the wolf had been trying to hate her, or at least trying to get Garnet to hate her. However, it now seemed as if the other female had given up, which was good, and would no doubt make talking to her much easier. ”I wouldn’t know, I only have a tiny bit of wolf blood in me, but I think that they just don’t mention it.” The black coyote looked back at the ivy-covered mansion, wondering what it was like inside. An inquiry from the shed made her turn back to Firefly though.

Garnet snorted at the question. ”I don’t know who he was, but I sort-of blew my mouth off, if you know what I mean. He didn’t take it lightly when I talked back to him, so he made me submit and shit. Bastard acted like he knew who I was too, just wouldn’t tell me his name.” The female coyote huffed as she thought of Hybrid and laid back her ears. However, they perked back up again as the wolf answered her previous question.

Thinking, Garnet used a paw to scratch and ear slightly. They had hated them… because they were happy? The she-yote frowned her brows in confusion. ”So, that’s it? They just came and hated you because you were peaceful and happy? What the fuck is up with that.” The black female huffed. ’Can’t people just let each other be happy? Do they have to go and destroy things when they see peace?’

At Firefly’s question, Garnet merely shrugged. ”Dunno, just curious, I suppose, and trying to make conversation.” The coyote smiled at the wolf, red eyes picking out her form in the darkness of the shed. ”Besides, it wouldn’t be fair if I told you my life story and then knew nothing about you. And a one sided conversation gets old fast.”

[/html]
She sat inside her tiny box and listened to the soft rumble of the hybrid's voice as she spoke of her own heritage, without thinking Firefly had muttered her own family secret. "My brother's like you.. his father belonged to Inferni a long time ago.." She would never admit to the world that her hate for Inferni was a mixture of her devotion to the pain that had been her siblings life and the path that her past had set her on.. a constant war waging with Inferni throughout her family's line... now passed on to her.

She smirked in the darkness as the girl sputtered about the male she'd run into, a soft chuckle rising from her throat as she asked. "Any family in your clan? If you do.. your family probably talked of you.. Half the packs here would know me.. if I gave them my full name.. but I don't, because I don't want them to know me." Her words probably made no sense to the other girl, but Firefly didn't want to live in the shadow of her name. Already there were three, had been four in her pack, there were two other Sadira's in Phoenix Valley.. and who knew how many were in Twilight Vale. She'd also known that her family had a fine art of collecting and adopting others as well..

Firefly sighed softly as she shook her head and tried to explain, knowing she'd get nowhere fast. "We were different... they didn't see our happiness, they saw what they weren't.. and it scared them." She knew it was hard to imagine others hating you for being different and yet being happy.. she really doubted the clan could imagine that, for they were like the invaders who's fear had settled over the lands of Eire.. They didn't want to accept what the others were.. so they settled for hating them and put the blame on those they turned on when the blame was their own. Covering it with religion and tradition still made it murder.. yet she knew she was the same.. she faught this fight for what they'd done to her family.. the vicious cycle coming round and round.

She picked at the bone before her with a nail as she thought on what the girl had spoken of. She knew she was stuck here and she might as well atleast make something of it for the moment. "It's a home, with friends and family.. Not everyone is close, but we can atleast respect eachother or keep the hell out of eachother's way." she turned her eyes back towards the hole where the door was. "Thinking you're not fit for the souless existance here?" she asked quietly.
[html]

OoC:

IC:
Garnet perked her ears slightly at Firefly’s mention of her brother and her brother’s father but said nothing. Really, what was there to say to that kind of thing? ‘I’m sorry’ or just a simple confirmation didn’t seem right. But then the coyote thought about it for a moment; did that mean that Firefly was also part coyote, or was this brother only her half brother?

Her red eyes focused back on the hole as Firefly spoke again. ”Hmm, I guess. It’s completely possible that he was my kin. I haven’t exactly met all of my ‘distant’ family.” She puffed slightly and said nothing about the second half of Firefly’s statement. Garnet continued to listen to the wolf, though she was looking off into the distance. A slight flick of a black ear was all that she did to show that she had heard the other female when Firefly began to speak again of her old pack. Garnet let silence settle over them.

She looked back when Firefly spoke of Dahlia de Mai. It sounded almost the same to Inferni; you just stayed out of other’s way. Garnet sighed slightly, they were supposed to be packs, not loose groups of wolves or coyotes. The black female stood up and looked away from the shed and ignored Firefly’s question. ”Do you want some more food, I think you need some more food, how about I go out and get some?” And without waiting to see if Firefly would answer to that, Garnet walked off into the forest to think.

[/html]