The Beauty in Change
Peace. That was what Mihael wanted, peace on the inside. Not that he had anything to be particularly guilty or stressed about, but after years of moving from place to place and being all alone yet never spending time to himself, he wanted peace.

He had heard about this pack a lifetime ago, he liked their ideals, he felt that coming to this pack would not be stripping the life that he did indeed love away from him completely. He concluded that the main differences would be that he would no longer be alone all of the time, and that he would have security. They believed in just about everything that he himself did, and they had opportunities that he had been secretly striving for throughout his life. When he finally departed his “home” to join this pack, he knew it was going to be a great decision.

His family’s pack back in Alaska was full of members who practiced medicine, so the young were encouraged to become defenders of the pack or those that prepare food. Mihael didn’t want that, he knew that if he did become either of those things he would indeed be helping the pack out a little, but he’d always strived to truly help someone. Even if just one animal or person or any one thing at all.

Now he found himself having achieved his goal. Across a country and in somewhere he’d never been he had finally become someone who practiced medicine. The lowest medicine practicing rank in this pack, but he was still going to be doing what he loved. He had only been accepted into the pack very recently, so he had yet to show what little healing abilities he had. He was eager to learn and to show off what he could do, but he quickly realized that to show off his skills, someone would likely have to get hurt which would not quite be worth the reward.

He had been exploring the AniWayan territory before heading into the village and becoming acquainted with others of his new pack. He was near the Adagio Creek and the night sky with the moon and stars glittering and glowing within it simply made the area even more beautiful than before. He was in a sitting position and leaning on a tree, he cupped his face in his hands and took in a deep breath. In his years of traveling, he had seen many beautiful places, but the scenery surrounding him could easily take first place. He couldn't help but notice that his own fluffy coat looked particularly nice in the moonlight, the white glowed and the silver sparkled. This was a good way to enter a pack.
[html]

Hiya newbie! Hope you don't mind a Frodo! I have an injury on him if you'd like to fix it, but of course, you don't have to Wink Make for a ranking up thread though. Word count; 471

He wasn't expecting to be able to get back to the pack this early. Well, by early, he meant he thought he'd be spending a couple of days searching for Gemma and the pups. Instead, he'd only spent about half the day tracking them, an hour checking to see if they were alright, and maybe taken two hours to get back. All in all it wasn't that bad. The journey, at least. The thing that had happened to Gemma though...that was terrible. He would kill that man if he ever crossed paths with him. Slit his throat and rip his innards out. Frodo was a far from violent person usually...but one of his greatest friends had been raped, a defenceless woman with two children watching, his children. Gemma and he were not mates, but he felt a strong bond for her all the same through the children they were bringing up together. And her rapist would pay for that, Frodo would make sure of it. Luckily, the pups were unharmed, but Gemma still needed plenty of rest to recover. Her brother and most of CdA were helping her out, so there wasn't much Frodo thought he could do. So he'd came back.

In his anger he had ridden not so well, and Strider the horse also seemed frisky. The stallion had bucked once or twice in mid-gallop, and sent Frodo hurtling off. He never fell off.... this was proving to be a pretty bad couple of days indeed. The black and ginger young man scowled as he rode his mount home, his arm hanging limp by his side. The shoulder was dislocated, and Frodo was in a lot of pain, especially as he had no idea what to do about his arm. He supposed he'd have to see Luna about it, he'd saved her once and he assumed she'd readily repay the favour, especially as she was a healer.

Moonlight scattered pinpricks across the shrubs and trees, cascading across the branches that snapped as wolf and horse rode through them. They were home, only on the outskirts, among many trees and a familiar span of water. Frodo admired the creek from afar, and then spotted a stranger up ahead, his face cupped in his paws. Curious about the new member, Frodo gently kneed his thighs into the great white flanks of his steed and set off at a trot, his posture welcoming. Ahoy. Who's you then, me ol' jolly rodger? the strange wolfman asked, his nose taking in the strangers scent. The stranger was white, he noticed, streaked with silver, that reminded him lightly of Gemma and the pups. Don't suppose yer know what's up with me arm socket, eh jeeves? he asked, motioning with his free paw to the limp, dislocated arm at his right side. He winced with pain.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 800 :: Mihewi is visible. I hope you don't mind me joining! XD And...skip the first three paragraphs if you want, hehe. Welcome to AniWaya Ailessara!!! XD

Dreams had also been a beautiful escape to the busy life she had in the real world, and to have them disturbed unnerved Luna greatly. This was the second night that she had woken up in the middle of the night, not screaming thanks to the presence of the small weasel that observed her from the window, polished eyes fixed on her. Mihewi had an immediate calming effect on her as she stared at her figure, green eyes completely open. A groan followed the initial surprise as she fell back, realization of what had disturbed her sleep creeping into her conscious mind. She tried hard to remember what had happened, but nothing came to her mind. According to what she had been told, dreams usually had a meaning, which's relevance depended on the frequency in which it was dreamt. She would have loved to know if she had already dreamt that, but unfortunately, only snippets of it could be called back, none as strong as to make out what had happened in her oniric adventures. Nothing.

The Spirit guide returned to her cargo's side, reassuring her with a small paw in her shoulder. The vision resulted comical, even to the sleepy brunette, due to the size range between them. But she made no remarks. Instead, she wishpered a thanks and allowed the ent to climb to her usual spot on her shoulder as she straightened herself. The odds were that she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep very soon, so maybe a walk would be the ideal panacea to her lack of sleep. Only a short stroll.

As she walked, she thought about the recent events. The agriculture project was almost done, it was only a matter of time before the seeds sprouted and small green leaves began to pop all over the planting fields. It had also been a good time to gather the pack to do something together, as it should be. Plus, she had had the opportunity to see Claudius...

As she thought of this, she came to a halt. Was she thinking about Clausius in THAT way? Feelings were traitorious, and maybe she was just confusing camaraderie with something that was not. Mihewi noticed Luna's sudden tension and, as motherly as she could, asked. "What happened?" Luna just shook her head, diminishing her previous idea and moving forward. As she got near the shore of Adagio Creek (had she seriously walked that far?) she spotted a blur that contrasted with the dark scenery. It was of a white colour, or maybe grey. There was also another figure near it, bigger, and it moved towards the first one. She tried to catch a smell, but her identification tryout failed, for only the fresh aroma of water reached her nostrils, feeling her with something similar to ecstasy. All the thoughts about Claudius were gone at once, and suddenly the pristine water seemed more inviting. The moon, bright and beautiful, looked back at her , misterious and seductive. Then she looked back at the place where the two strangers were. They weren't too far away from where she was, so she wouldn't have to swim a very big distance to get to them.

The weasel, guessing Luna's plans, looked at her questioningly. "Don't worry Mihewi, I've done this before. Plus, it is not such a big distance." The weasel crooked an almost imperceptible brow, but didn't argue. "Tsk, ok, do as you wish." Perhaps the healer saw in the water a cool dip, but she saw a potentially cold pool which could end up with Luna sick for days. However, she knew that Luna knew what she was doing, and that she was strong enough to resist the cold. So, falling gracefully to the floor, she observed as the mahogany woman jumped into the creek, a brownish blur that disappeared beneath a liquid as dark as ink.

Within minutes, Luna had reached the shore where the other wolves sat. She emmerged at a prudent distance to shake herself dry, and also to not intrude on their personal space. In that moment she recognized Frodo, the man that had saved her. By the looks of it, he couldn't move one of his arms very well, and, moments before she had emmerged so noisily, he had indicated the silver figure to look at the member. Maybe he was injured. She stared at them from her position, tilting her head to one side. "Frodo?" She asked. Instead of standing up, she crawled towards them, gave a couple of steps, and then stopped, realizing that she may have intruded. "Hummm...I hope that I don't interrupt something..." She said. Her gaze laid principally on Frodo, but she turned towards the white-pelted male a couple of times, curious as to who he was.

Luna lives "Luna says" Luna thinks "Mihewi says"

<style>
.freebietable-a07 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MFrah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 70px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a07 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a07 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a07 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
He liked to look at the sky and find different shapes in the stars. He was no good with constellations, he could pinpoint a few but he was otherwise useless. He took in a deep breath and was surprised when he smelled a foreign wolf and horse coming near him, his fur instinctively stood on end. He stood up and looked around until he saw the two coming towards him. He did not growl, and he did not take up a defensive position, he simply looked in the direction of the oncoming duo. He saw before him a white horse and a black wolf, though the rider looked nice enough both the horse and rider were visibly upset. Mihael stood to introduce himself when the rider spoke first asking for Mihael's name.“Hello there, my name is Mihael. As it happens I’m the packs newest Kunikoti, so ah yeah, I can help you a bit with that.” He smiled sheepishly.

When the rider winced in pain Mihael quickly walked over to him to examine his arm. The shoulder was in the wrong place indicating to him that is was dislocated which meant Mihael was going to have to hurt this man, not on purpose of course but the pain was inevitable. He tried to think of other ways he could painlessly fix it but none came to mind. One small pop full of pain and he would be out of pain. Mihael began to reach for the wolf’s arm ”I apologize; this is going to hurt a bit. Your arm is dislocated and I just have to get it back where it belongs. There’ll be one pop and it’ll hurt very badly, and then the pain wi-.” He stopped mid-sentence as he heard someone else behind him. He turned his body towards the approaching stranger who turned out to be a darkly colored female who looked as if she had recently been swimming. Looks like I don’t even have to go back to the village to meet people. He thought amusingly. She said a name to the injured male and inquired about her potential interruption. ”Ah no, you haven’t interrupted much. I was just helping out ah…your name is Frodo I gather? Well anyway he’s got a dislocated shoulder and I was just about to put it back.” He turned back toward the injured wolf and spoke to the female while he continued looking at Frodo's arm. ”I’m Mihael by the way, Mihael Wood.”
[html]

Word count; 401

Frodo grinned as the stranger introduced himself as Mihael. He was even happier to know that he was a healer; that was something that had to be either a coincidence, or extremely lucky. The older luperci looked pretty nice, too, Frodo noticed. This first impression was only confirmed when Mihael came over to inspect his arm. To give him a better inspection, Frodo leapt lightly from his horse, holding his hurt arm with his free paw as he did so. He made sure he didn't land on Mihael as he did so, but even if he did of, Frodo was such a tiny, slender male that it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway. Hi Mihael. A-welcome to the pack. Frodo grinned in a friendly way, turning his body so the healer could get a better look at his injury.

He was all for getting all healed up, until Mihael explained what he'd have to do. Wha-? Frodo started, confused and then scared. He edged away slightly out of instinct, even though he knew inside what needed to be done. And he winced at the thought. Arg...go on then, my old china. he gave in, breathless as he leant to pass the male his arm. But then the air filled with the scent of Luna. She said his name and he nodded in acknowledgement. They were familiar with each other, perhaps even to be considered slight friends. Frodo was about to explain, although he was a bit embarrassed about Luna thinking she'd "interupted something", but thankfully he was saved by Mihael, who explained for him. Yeah, that'd be me. Frodo assured him as he talked to Luna. When he'd finished explaining, Frodo pouted unhappily. It's dislocated, small fry? Oh naw... I need this arm for huntin', you follow? he did not appear angry, yet simply unhappy.

Ultimately, Mr Silvertongue decided it was best to be brave. He unloosed his shoulder, undid his cloak and let it fall to the ground. His bow and quiver were already tied to Strider, so he stood clothe less and weapon less, for now. Do what yer will, Mr Wood sir.. he demanded finally, holding his arm out to Miheal. He might have trusted Luna more to do it, yet it seemed this new member to the tribe might need a chance to prove himself. Please. Frodo added sharply. The young man tensed, bracing for the pain.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 422 :: Out of Character text

The female remained silent as the situation was made clear, otherwise nodding and smiling to both males. By the looks of the stranger, he was about to fix Frodo's arm which, by the way he held it and by the way his facial muscles were tensed, was injured, maybe dislocated due to the lack of blood. Frodo actually confirmed that, and the female suddenly felt as an intruder. Maybe she had seen relief covering his features when she emerged so suddenly from the water, but this entrance had diverted the attention of the newcomer who seemed to be examining the limp limb, prolonging her friend's discomfort. Clearly Mihael had the situation under control, so her help was not required at the moment.

Still, she couldn't stand there doing nothing. As a Kunikoti, she felt responsible of her packmates' health and well being. It was some sort of instinct. Plus, her life had been saved by the same man standing within feet away from her. She felt like she owed him her life, and not doing anything to ease his suffering was, from her point of view, like a mock to his effort of saving her. "I'm Luna." She said after Frodo begged for Mihael's attention. She stood up and walked towards the pair. Her hair was still dripping a bit, but her fur wasn't so wet anymore, so she didn't worry about splattering them. "Please, go on, do not mind my presence." She moved to Frodo's good side, careful not to push him accidentally nor to disturb the stallion hovering behind them, and slid her hand under his, waiting for him to grab it. "Here, press it if it hurts too much." After the dip she was lucid enough to remember how dislocated bones joints hurt, and also the flash of pain that came when the bone was put back on its place.

Green eyes diverted from the redhead and laid on the older man. He actually looked like her age, and had a delicate touch as he examined her comrade's arm. Maybe he had experience on this. She wanted to ask him so bad if he was also a Kunikoti, but any more talk would only displease Frodo even more. She was also curious to see how thin newcomer did in the medicine area. Independently of the path he may be following, she was curious to see this man's talent in medicine. It was worth knowing some first aids, as her friend had showed by coming here, one-armed and in pain.

<style>
.freebietable-a07 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MFrah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 70px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a07 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
I'm sorry this is so short, I had little time to write but I figured I'd get a post done!

He nodded in reply and answer to everything that the two in front of him spoke and he smiled when Luna introduced herself. She seemed to be a bit eager to speak, but when she did not do so Mihael cast that off as him observing things not there. He quickly realized that he had stalled enough; him not doing anything for the poor man’s arm was not doing anyone any good. All he wanted to do was good. He took a deep breath, it was time for him to fix Frodo’s arm, as unpleasant as it would be. He took a quick look at Luna and he saw Luna offer Frodo her hand for relief. Mihael lightly grabbed the man’s arm and turned his elbow so the arm was making an ‘L’ shape. He rotated the arm towards Frodo’s chest and with his free hand, turned Frodo’s hand into a fist. ”Here we go, I do apologize.” Mihael said, trying poorly to be reassuring. With a quick twist he pushed the arm away from Frodo’s chest over to his side so it was pointing away from him. Mihael let go of the arm and waited to for his acquaintances reaction to see if it did indeed work. This wasn’t exactly how he had imagined his first day here to go, but at the very least he hoped he was being helpful.
[html]

oh godd! late late latee! I'm so sorry ;__; Word count; 343

Frodo shot Luna a grateful look as she urged the male healer to get on with what he was about to do. He knew that if it didn't get fixed now, there would probably be no going back. He couldn't deal with a permanent injury, so he just had to be strong. He would live through the pain. He felt even more gratitude when the brown lady slipped him her hand to help him through it, and he smiled at her, with his mouth as well as his eyes, before taking the paw effortlessly. His black fingers knotted loosely but he had a firm grip, as he figured he might even end up falling over. Luckily, he was a small weight and a tiny height, so he wouldn't be able to cause anybody much distress.

His horse could sense the disturbance in the air and reared up suddenly, luckily only a half-rear and not hurting anybody. Frodo growled low, his voice rumbling, and the horse hung its head and trotted away, keeping a wary eye from a distance. Content that Strider was now out of the way, Frodo let Mihael take his arm and move it into the position it should have been in, bending it slightly. He winced even as the wolf touched his arm, so he couldn't imagine what it would feel like when he finally - wow. With a startling crack, his arm shot right back into his socket. As it did so Frodo yelped a little, squeezing Luna's hand very tightly and clenching his teeth together. But then it was over, and he breathed out and, in reluctance, let go of Luna's hand. Testing his arm, he bent it a little, and seemed please with how things had turned out. Thank yer. he breathed, a tad calmer by now. Thank yer both. he said, flicking his gaze between both Luna and Mihael. Ever done tha' before? he asked Mihael, wondering if it was pure luck that his arm had gone back to the way it was before so quickly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
No I'm sorry! I totally hadn't realized anyone had posted here! Double sorry for ruining the posting order.

He was glad that the ordeal was over, as much as he liked helping people he did not like pain. He supposed that was the main reason he chose this path, to keep others from pain. Mihael left his thoughts and smiled and nodded when Frodo thanked him. He was pleased that the man appreciated his help, even if it did involve putting him in pain. When Frodo shot a question at the pale wolf, Mihael promptly answered. ”Ah well you might not want to hear this hah but I’ve actually never dealt with that myself before. However I used to watch the healers in my old pack work on our warriors who sparred quite often and got well…rough with each other.” He shrugged his shoulders and spoke again with another smile. ”I’m just glad I could be of service.” He turned his attention to Luna and with deep sincerity spoke. ”Thank you for helping him which in turn helped me, I was afraid he might have jerked when the whole thing was set.” He could not help himself and asked a question he’d been keeping in. ”Ah Luna, I have to ask. Are you a healer too? You seemed a little eager to do what I was doing from the moment you got here haha.”
[html]

Word Count :: 369 :: No, don't apologize, it was my fault for taking my sweet time. Hehe, sorry.

The healer kept a blank face during the whole process, but grimanced when Mihael bent her packmate's arm and, with a quick movement, returned the bone to its place with an audible crack. Neither could she hide the light sensation of pain that shot through her fingers when they were pressed against each other. However, she smiled at the relief that showed in Frodo's features, which meant that Mihael had done it correctly. "Do you feel any better?" She asked, but that was rather unnecessary. Both Frodo's voice and body posture were now free of any sort of pain.

Stepping away from the redhead, she decided that it was time to leave the pair alone, but the silver-colored man's story was quite interesting, so she stayed a bit longer. It looked like he had been self-taught, practicing what he saw others do. Now that she thought about it...Had her activity choice been another one if she had grown in a pack? Maybe she wouldn't have focused on healing but hunting...or even scouting. But that was something hard to picture, for her whole life spinned around medicine, and she was sure that it would do until the day she died.

The swim had strained Luna enought to add a layer of sleepyness to her mind, so it took her a couple of seconds to realize that she was being spoken to. "Thanks..." She thought about adding something else, but he spoke again, asking her exactly the same that she wanted to ask. "Well, yes I am a Kunikoti. At first I thought that you wouldn't know what to do, but I see that you already knew what to do." She laughed a bit too before going on. "I was actually wondering if there would come any more healers. I used to be the only one, except for a man who used to be a healer too. But I'm glad that that has changed." She offered him a sincere smile before turning towards her packmate. "And you...do you feel ok? If your arm still hurts a bit I could find something to help you with it...or maybe you could take this." She offered with a playful smile.

<style>
</style>
[/html]